PDA

View Full Version : Article on DD Terry, RB Sam Houston

blackfordpu
October 23rd, 2006, 10:59 PM
Worthy of mentioning

SHSU’s Terry has put up big numbers and should be considered for the Payton Award

Another week, another 100-yard rushing performance by Sam Houston State’s D.D. Terry.

It’s beginning to be a reoccurring theme around this parts.

Terry has been a pleasant surprise for the Bearkats since moving over from linebacker to running back at the start of fall camp. With his size and athleticism, he has become a deadly weapon, a game-changing back Sam Houston has been lacking for a long time.

His 135-yard performance in Thursday’s loss to Central Arkansas put him in rare company in Bearkat football lore. It marked the third-straight 100-yard rushing game for the senior from Willis, and only two other players in school history share that honor.

You have to wipe off the dust and dig deep into the record books to find the other two guys, but Roger Wiley reached the century mark four-staight games in 1982, and Curtis Thomas had three in 1990.

http://www.itemonline.com/sports/local_story_296231926.html?keyword=topstory

TexasTerror
October 24th, 2006, 07:35 AM
Quite a few in the Bearkat Nation think he should be mentioned, but I'm not entirely swayed, even by this article that he should just yet...

UCABEARS75
October 24th, 2006, 08:41 AM
I do know this, he is the best back we have faced this year and we have played against some who are highly thought of at Missouri State and Ill. State to name a couple.

Terry is scary good.

kats89
October 24th, 2006, 09:19 AM
I do know this, he is the best back we have faced this year and we have played against some who are highly thought of at Missouri State and Ill. State to name a couple.

Terry is scary good.

He is definitely a threat to go the distance anytime he touches the ball with the type of speed he has, but the team is going to need to have a little more success and stay in the top 25 before he garners a lot of attention. He is definitely someone that is flying under the radar. At 6-2,198 he is a RB with a LB mentality with a ton of speed. He is the anchor on our 4x100m conference Championship relay team and also the 4x400m relay team. I think he will get some looks from the NFL, but as a free agent.

I just cant believe that our previous coaching staff moved this kid to LB when he came to SHSU. Whitten definitely found his RB replacement. Too bad he is a senior this year. That's about our luck.

http://www.shsu.edu/~stdpss12/stuff/Nicholls_web/images/Nich16.jpg

Grizfryguy87
October 24th, 2006, 11:55 AM
I watched him play on TV and he is a good looking back. I think that is something you guys have really missed in the postseason.

Quick question. What ever happened to Barfield, your old beat writer. I really liked reading his stuff. He covered you guys like it was the Longhorns. He was one of the top I-AA beat writers in my opinion.

blackfordpu
October 24th, 2006, 08:18 PM
I watched him play on TV and he is a good looking back. I think that is something you guys have really missed in the postseason.

Quick question. What ever happened to Barfield, your old beat writer. I really liked reading his stuff. He covered you guys like it was the Longhorns. He was one of the top I-AA beat writers in my opinion.

He took a position with the Sam Houston Athletic Department I think.

kats89
October 24th, 2006, 09:13 PM

Jason took over the Athletic Facilities Operations Manager post for SHSU and has done a great job. He was definitely talented in writing of his articles. I miss his game day articles as well.

UCABEARS75
October 25th, 2006, 08:58 AM
He is definitely a threat to go the distance anytime he touches the ball with the type of speed he has, but the team is going to need to have a little more success and stay in the top 25 before he garners a lot of attention. He is definitely someone that is flying under the radar. At 6-2,198 he is a RB with a LB mentality with a ton of speed. He is the anchor on our 4x100m conference Championship relay team and also the 4x400m relay team. I think he will get some looks from the NFL, but as a free agent.

I just cant believe that our previous coaching staff moved this kid to LB when he came to SHSU. Whitten definitely found his RB replacement. Too bad he is a senior this year. That's about our luck.

http://www.shsu.edu/~stdpss12/stuff/Nicholls_web/images/Nich16.jpg

Yeah, we are pretty sad about him being a senior too.

blackfordpu
October 25th, 2006, 09:01 AM

You forgot the ;) in that statement. :)

kats89
October 25th, 2006, 09:26 AM

We have a couple waiting in the wings. Two freshman RB's that are VERY fast. One is more of a scat back and the other is about the same style of runner as Terry...

RB Chris Poullard 5-10, 193 lbs

RB Tymagic Robinson 5-8, 184 lbs (avg. 8.3 yds/carry his senior year and is a 10.4 100m guy)

UCABEARS75
October 25th, 2006, 11:10 AM
You forgot the ;) in that statement. :)

I didn't necessarily forget it, I just don't know much about how to do that stuff.