PDA

View Full Version : Griz Alert

Mr. C
May 29th, 2014, 12:55 PM
So I'm sitting in the Watauga County Library in Boone, N.C. this afternoon when a guy walks by and sits down a couple of seats away, wearing a Montana Grizzlies sweatshirt. You never know where you will run into fellow FCS fans, even in a turncoat town like Boone.

Mr. C
May 29th, 2014, 12:57 PM
So what was Mr. C doing in the Watauga County Library? Donating four new copies of the book Magic on the Mountain, since I noticed yesterday that the copy they had was almost completely worn out. The cover was barely hanging on it.

walliver
May 29th, 2014, 12:59 PM
So what was Mr. C doing in the Watauga County Library? Donating four new copies of the book Magic on the Mountain, since I noticed yesterday that the copy they had was almost completely worn out. The cover was barely hanging on it.

Does the library know you're sneaking your books in? :D

Silenoz
May 29th, 2014, 01:01 PM
I know two App State grads up here in Bozeman. Neither one cares an ounce about sports though, sadly

OL FU
May 29th, 2014, 01:04 PM
I ran in to a pile of Grizzlies in Greenville last year. Wonder what happened to them?xeyebrowx

Maybe I should check Tommy's Ham House:)

Mr. C
May 29th, 2014, 01:08 PM
Actually that was two years ago, my friend. I remember all of those guys, too. Maybe one of them got left in Boone, missing the drive back to the airport?

Mr. C
May 29th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Does the library know you're sneaking your books in? :D
You've got to promote your product any way you can. I delivered them in a brown paper wrapping, actually.

OL FU
May 29th, 2014, 02:41 PM
Actually that was two years ago, my friend. I remember all of those guys, too. Maybe one of them got left in Boone, missing the drive back to the airport?

Damn time flies when you are living in the town that Sherman should have obliterated.:)

centennial
May 29th, 2014, 03:10 PM
I see griz plates and fans in Denver all the time.

ALPHAGRIZ1
May 29th, 2014, 04:40 PM

Sadly it wasn't Grizo, hey, have you heard he just got back from a trip to Florida? Try as we may he just keeps getting on planes headed back home.

xcoffeex

Twentysix
May 30th, 2014, 04:12 AM
I see griz plates and fans in Denver all the time.

I saw a crapload of Griz in Seattle and Portland. More than EWU or PSU in their respective areas.

I also weirdly saw more WSU stuff than UW stuff in Seattle.

AshevilleApp2
May 30th, 2014, 05:06 AM
Might have been Appaholic.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 30th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Might have been Appaholic.

You must have missed the part where he said it was in a library.

Mr. C
May 31st, 2014, 04:44 AM
Damn time flies when you are living in the town that Sherman should have obliterated.:)
You need to get back to Greenville a little more often. Speaking of which, I'm at a new Boone thrift store the other day (those things keeping popping up like Walmarts around here) and I see a game-worn, framed jersey from Furman 1980s basketball star George Singleton for sale, along with a bunch of pictures of Singleton, playing against Michael Jordan. What an odd place to find such a thing. It was being sold for $125.

They also had a used copy of "Magic on the Mountain" on sale for the nice price of $5. I autographed it for the owner of the store.

Mr. C
May 31st, 2014, 04:48 AM
Sadly it wasn't Grizo, hey, have you heard he just got back from a trip to Florida? Try as we may he just keeps getting on planes headed back home.

xcoffeex
I would have recognized Grizo, although I saw a truckload of some of his Piggy friends heading for the slaughterhouse on the drive back to Philly on Friday morning. None of them were wearing Griz paraphernalia.

AshevilleApp2
May 31st, 2014, 04:53 AM
You must have missed the part where he said it was in a library.

:o My bad.

xlolxxlolx

ALPHAGRIZ1
May 31st, 2014, 09:24 AM
I would have recognized Grizo, although I saw a truckload of some of his Piggy friends heading for the slaughterhouse on the drive back to Philly on Friday morning. None of them were wearing Griz paraphernalia.

See what I mean....there is no way he was on that truck.

He is almost like a groundhog... but instead of us being lucky with 7 more weeks of winter....we get what seems like 7 years of boisterous claims and recycled/ "borrowed" material.

We never catch a break.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OL FU
June 1st, 2014, 10:06 AM
You need to get back to Greenville a little more often. Speaking of which, I'm at a new Boone thrift store the other day (those things keeping popping up like Walmarts around here) and I see a game-worn, framed jersey from Furman 1980s basketball star George Singleton for sale, along with a bunch of pictures of Singleton, playing against Michael Jordan. What an odd place to find such a thing. It was being sold for $125.

They also had a used copy of "Magic on the Mountain" on sale for the nice price of $5. I autographed it for the owner of the store.

Actually I have been back in Greenville for almost a year. which means I should have known it had been two years.