PDA

View Full Version : Fordham Signs QB Transfer

jimbo65
May 28th, 2014, 08:58 AM
According to the Fordham Fans Board, we signed Kevin Anderson, a QB from Marshall. Apparently he was redshirted so will have 4 years eligibility. If he is anything like Niebrich, QB transfer from UCONN, we will be in good shape when Niebrich graduates. Coach Morehead seems to be continually looking for talent in the higher division. Earlier he signed ex Jet Joe Klecko's son, a DL from Rutgers. Maybe we can sneak Joe himself into a game:)

Lehigh Football Nation
May 28th, 2014, 09:03 AM
Worries about Nebrich's health jump to mind.

2ram
May 28th, 2014, 09:16 AM
He's turning out to be one heck of a recruiter.

LUHawker
May 28th, 2014, 11:22 AM
FU is the new Transfer U. An occasional transfer is to be expected, but Morehead seems to be utilizing this approach heavily.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 28th, 2014, 11:23 AM
So the real question is: Why did Delaware pass on this guy?

Bogus Megapardus
May 28th, 2014, 11:33 AM
Fordham might be seen as a upgrade over Marshall for a QB.

jimbo65
May 28th, 2014, 11:33 AM
I know nothing about him. Was Delaware in the mix? Maybe he wanted to come to NYC. Depending on where he is from, NYC can be a big selling point. Fordham runs shuttle vans from the Bronx campus, where he will be located,to the facility in Midtown at Lincoln Center so access to the "Big City" is easy. There is also a commuter railroad stop right off campus that brings you to 42 St and Vanderbilt Avenue.

Bogus Megapardus
May 28th, 2014, 11:40 AM
42 St and Vanderbilt Avenue.

A rather obscure way of saying "Grand Central Station," I believe . . . . xnodx

RichH2
May 28th, 2014, 12:04 PM
UD without Keeler may no longer be transfer U. Seems Rams now have the throne.

Bogus Megapardus
May 28th, 2014, 01:33 PM
It seems to me that Fordham would be attractive to transfer students in ways that the other PL schools might not be, given its size, location and diversity of curricula. The other PL schools have different advantages of their own. As long as Fordham is complying with the AI and other agreed-upon league protocols, a certain number of transfers are a positive for the Rams and their presence can make the whole league more competitive. The team could face issues with transfers "parachuting" in to spots already occupied by organic recruits, team cohesiveness, etc., but those issues would the same anywhere and are something that the Rams just have to address on their own terms. But just because active recruitment of transfers isn't necessarily suitable for some other schools doesn't mean that Fordham shouldn't pursue them.

Question for Fordham fans - how many scholarships do you think Morehead keeps on the shelf for potential transfers? Or is it a function of scholarships simply becoming available due to attrition?

RichH2
May 28th, 2014, 01:37 PM
Not sure (short term memory gone) but I seem to recall there is an issue of how a transfer qualifies under our AI. No doubt kid complies but wish someone more knowledgable on AI would clarify.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 28th, 2014, 01:38 PM
It seems to me that Fordham would be attractive to transfer students in ways that the other PL schools might not be, given its size, location and diversity of curricula. The other PL schools have different advantages of their own. As long as Fordham is complying with the AI and other agreed-upon league protocols, a certain number of transfers are a positive for the Rams and their presence can make the whole league more competitive. The team could have issues with transfers "parachuting" in to spots already occupied by organic recruits, team cohesiveness, etc., but those issues would the same anywhere and are something that the Rams just have to address on their own terms. But just because active recruitment of transfers isn't necessarily suitable for some other schools doesn't mean that Fordham shouldn't pursue them.

Question for Fordham fans - how many scholarships do you think Morehead keeps on the shelf for potential transfers?

We all know Lehigh's benefits are a world-class engineering program, an incubator for tomorrow's business and humanitarian initiatives, a great business school, and an arts and sciences school that leverages their connections with engineering and business to deliver a top education.

Lafayette has... well... um... they're not in New Jersey? :)

Bogus Megapardus
May 28th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Lafayette has... well... um... they're not in New Jersey? :)

Yes, but you can see New Jersey from your dorm. xcoolx

RichH2
May 28th, 2014, 02:00 PM
:) Now that's a selling point for LC,I had not considered. Pards should highlight that fact.

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 28th, 2014, 04:28 PM
Fordham might be seen as a upgrade over Marshall for a QB.

Marshall's QB, Rakeem Cato, is a really good player. You'll be hearing a lot about him this year. The Thundering Herd have the potential to be the best non P5 team in country this season. This will easily be their best team in a decade....

van
May 28th, 2014, 04:35 PM
Yes, but you can see New Jersey from your dorm. xcoolx

Perhaps you can even smell New Jersey from your dorm. xeyebrowx

Bogus Megapardus
May 28th, 2014, 05:34 PM
Perhaps you can even smell New Jersey from your dorm. xeyebrowx

Perhaps. But the wafting aroma would never on the level of the Saucon Scratch-n-Sniffs. So you have us there.

32counter
May 28th, 2014, 06:51 PM
Marshall's QB, Rakeem Cato, is a really good player. You'll be hearing a lot about him this year. The Thundering Herd have the potential to be the best non P5 team in country this season. This will easily be their best team in a decade....

Michael Birdsong QB from JMU recently transferred to Marshall.He will sit out 2014 and will have 2 years of eligibility remaining.Anderson decided against competing against Birdsong beginning the 2015 season which was a good decision.Birdsong is a big,tough kid and with the right coaching will flourish.

http://hamptonroads.com/2014/04/jmu-quarterback-birdsong-commits-marshall

Bill
May 28th, 2014, 07:33 PM
Easy boys - let's settle down with the NJ slights...Princeton doesn't seem to have any problem being in NJ!xpeacex

cmaxwellgsu
May 28th, 2014, 08:13 PM
So he lowered the GPA of both schools??

RichH2
May 28th, 2014, 08:14 PM
Easy boys - let's settle down with the NJ slights...Princeton doesn't seem to have any problem being in NJ!xpeacex

Probably because their noses are well above the smog level :)

Bogus Megapardus
May 28th, 2014, 08:33 PM
Probably because their noses are well above the smog level :)

Pointed and well-defined as those noses are . . . .

True story - when I first was applying to colleges, I didn't actually realize that Princeton was in New Jersey.

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 28th, 2014, 09:49 PM
FU is the new Transfer U. An occasional transfer is to be expected, but Morehead seems to be utilizing this approach heavily.

I'm not too opposed to transfers as long as the kid fits the "profile". Lehigh has had quite a few transfers over the last 15 years. Some have panned out, some have not. Then there's juco transfer Theo Moss. The ol Nassau CC pipeline dried up quick after him. He could flat out play though. How Lembo landed him I'll never know...

I thought Schwenk was decent. He was legitimately having a good 2003 season before he broke his arm against UConn. Pastore was always hurt. McGowen was solid for a FCS transfer. He basically beat Nova by himself in '06.

We'll see how Da U's Yosha does this year.

JimboCBA72
May 29th, 2014, 10:38 AM

Not sure how you are defining heavily. His first year we had two FBS transfers (Nebrich and Kolb[OT]), last year one (TJones) and this year two again (Anderson and Klecko). A few years ago when Montana played Richmond in the final I seemed to recall the announcers saying that the entire starting OL for the Griz were FBS transfers.

2ram
May 29th, 2014, 10:49 AM
Question for Fordham fans - how many scholarships do you think Morehead keeps on the shelf for potential transfers? Or is it a function of scholarships simply becoming available due to attrition?

and we scored low in the patsy ratings for not extending enough scholarships by signing day i believe? we're employing a new staffing model dontcha know :)

Lehigh Football Nation
May 29th, 2014, 11:07 AM
and we scored low in the patsy ratings for not extending enough scholarships by signing day i believe? we're employing a new staffing model dontcha know :)

It did cross my mind that Fordham may have been keeping some scholarships on the bench for transfers, something that isn't against the rules.

PAllen
May 29th, 2014, 11:35 AM
I have absolutely no problem if a school wants to go after transfers as long as they are within the academic footprint. I would also prefer we allow 5th year transfers who have graduated from another school, but I understand why some in the league see it as an unfair advantage to those with graduate programs.

Mr. C
May 29th, 2014, 01:07 PM
Not sure how you are defining heavily. His first year we had two FBS transfers (Nebrich and Kolb[OT]), last year one (TJones) and this year two again (Anderson and Klecko). A few years ago when Montana played Richmond in the final I seemed to recall the announcers saying that the entire starting OL for the Griz were FBS transfers.
The only OL transfer from FBS I can remember in recent years at Montana was J.D. Quinn, who was involved with that pay-for-not-working scandal at Oklahoma, along with QB Rhett Bomar, who ended up at Sam Houston State.

CFBfan
May 29th, 2014, 01:18 PM

because KC is in Houston

CFBfan
May 29th, 2014, 01:22 PM
Worries about Nebrich's health jump to mind.

not so sure, if this kid has 4 years of eligiblity and Nebrich is done after this year (I think?) and so he is the heir apparent to what will be the new PL champs.....

bluehenbillk
May 29th, 2014, 01:55 PM
Remind me, when is Fordham eligible to win the PL playoff autobid? Is it next season - 2015?

Bogus Megapardus
May 29th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Remind me, when is Fordham eligible to win the PL playoff autobid? Is it next season - 2015?

centennial
May 29th, 2014, 03:40 PM
So they could win this year? Do you think patriot is a one big league or possibly might get a second one in?

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 29th, 2014, 03:53 PM
So they could win this year? Do you think patriot is a one big league or possibly might get a second one in?

I think there could be two bids. Someone could easily "steal" the auto-bid from Fordham. Lehigh and Lafayette will be "pretty" good imo. Both also have opportunities to get a quality OOC win. Holy Cross seems to be the wildcard. I'm of the belief that Bucknell will rack up wins thanks to an easy schedule. A tournament with 24 spots allows for solid, but not great teams to get in.

I see a lot of parity in FCS this year.....

Bogus Megapardus
May 29th, 2014, 05:46 PM
The PL was a two bid league last year.

centennial
May 29th, 2014, 05:48 PM
Is SOS expected to go up going forward? I expect more noise from PL now that scholarships are coming in.

JoltinJoe
May 29th, 2014, 05:55 PM
not so sure, if this kid has 4 years of eligiblity and Nebrich is done after this year (I think?) and so he is the heir apparent to what will be the new PL champs.....

Nebrich is a red-shirt junior, but academically a senior. From what I hear, he's on the fence about 2015. He may forgo his last year of eligibility if his draft profile looks good.

RichH2
May 29th, 2014, 06:53 PM
Well,Joe I ,for one, wish him Godspeed to the NFL. :)

citdog
May 29th, 2014, 06:57 PM

Due to a technicality.

citdog
May 29th, 2014, 06:58 PM
I think there could be two bids. Someone could easily "steal" the auto-bid from Fordham. Lehigh and Lafayette will be "pretty" good imo. Both also have opportunities to get a quality OOC win. Holy Cross seems to be the wildcard. I'm of the belief that Bucknell will rack up wins thanks to an easy schedule. A tournament with 24 spots allows for solid, but not great teams to get in.

I see a lot of parity in FCS this year.....

the patsy will be back to where it belongs this season a one bid league.

Bogus Megapardus
May 29th, 2014, 07:08 PM
Due to a technicality.

Actually there was no technicality involved at all. Lafayette won the auto-bid and Fordham was awarded an at-large. Just like a "real" conference - imagine that!

citdog
May 29th, 2014, 07:21 PM
Actually there was no technicality involved at all. Lafayette won the auto-bid and Fordham was awarded an at-large. Just like a "real" conference - imagine that!

the leopards record again I forget.......

Bogus Megapardus
May 29th, 2014, 07:30 PM
the leopards record again I forget.......

These are the only numbers that mattered when it came to who would win the PL title and who would come in second:

http://i60.tinypic.com/11c59p2.png

Lehigh'98
May 29th, 2014, 11:51 PM
Once Lafayette got Reed going they were a different team. Shat the bed against UNH though. That game should of been closer.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 30th, 2014, 09:32 AM
Once Lafayette got Reed going they were a different team. Shat the bed against UNH though. That game should of been closer.

I thought that game was still to come, based on the AGS thread... xlolx

Pard4Life
May 30th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Due to a technicality.

Had Fordham been eligible for the PL title, Lafayette would have won the auto-bid anyhow based on their head-to-head match-up. We started beating people once we made a switch to a frosh QB in mid-October. Fordham would still have been at-large.

Pard4Life
May 30th, 2014, 10:09 AM

If Fordham wins the PL and goes 11-0, I can see Lafayette/Lehigh getting an at-large at 10-1 or 9-2... some good OOCs for both. If the second place team goes 8-3... depends on who they beat and what the field does. 7-4? No.

JoltinJoe
May 30th, 2014, 10:11 AM
Glad to see this signing. A significant upgrade at backup QB and insurance in case Nebrich gets hurt again. Without Nebrich last year, Fordham played an awfully close game with Bucknell and lost to Lafayette. This signing was very badly needed.