PDA

View Full Version : Former Georgia Southern QB Jaybo Shaw...

catamount man
May 21st, 2014, 09:48 PM
...is the new WR coach at Western Carolina. No official link yet, but that's the word coming out of Cullowhee. His father Lee Shaw, current head coach at Rabun County HS in Clayton, GA, was a WR for the CATS under Coach Bob Waters from 1980-1983. Good hire! GO CATS!

BISON Thunder
May 22nd, 2014, 07:19 AM
...is the new WR coach at Western Carolina. No official link yet, but that's the word coming out of Cullowhee. His father Lee Shaw, current head coach at Rabun County HS in Clayton, GA, was a WR for the CATS under Coach Bob Waters from 1980-1983. Good hire! GO CATS!
Did Shaw play any professional ball after college? It was a pleasure seeing him play.

FCS_pwns_FBS
May 22nd, 2014, 01:16 PM
He stayed at Georgia Southern as a GA after he graduated. From what I heard coach Monken really wanted him to stay behind and help mentor/coach the quarterbacks. The fact that Monken took him to Army should tell you what he thinks of Jaybo

AshevilleApp2
May 22nd, 2014, 01:23 PM
Good for Western! Seems like things are finally looking up in the 'whee.

THE HERD
May 22nd, 2014, 03:39 PM
Looks like he will get to come back up to Fargo then in the near future......I think we play not this coming season, but the next. I doubt his memories of the FargoDome are fond ones though. haha

Herder
May 23rd, 2014, 02:19 PM
Looks like he will get to come back up to Fargo then in the near future......I think we play not this coming season, but the next. I doubt his memories of the FargoDome are fond ones though. haha

Jaybo took a nasty high/low from Juric/Drevlow, coughing it up, then was plastered Grant Olsen, a hit I wasn't sure he would get up from. Heagle had Jaybo's number that day though, they had plenty of meetings on the Fargo turf. Jaybo was one tough dude throughout the game.

I've watched that game a few times, and what stood out of me was the hitting. Jaybo was on the receiving end of quite a few.

Apphole
May 23rd, 2014, 02:25 PM
No offense to Jaybo, but how qualified if he to coach WR's as a triple option guy? The Catamount receivers could learn to block all day but they still need to run routes and catch the ball.

catamount man
May 23rd, 2014, 04:51 PM
No offense to Jaybo, but how qualified if he to coach WR's as a triple option guy? The Catamount receivers could learn to block all day but they still need to run routes and catch the ball.

While you're going 0-fer in the Sunbelt. :D

ThompsonThe
May 24th, 2014, 08:17 PM
While you're going 0-fer in the Sunbelt. :D

Would wager Western Carolina has ten times as many 0-fer years as App State, if we have ever had one.
Did WCU finally win a SoCon game last year, after how many years?

Was probably the worst thing we have ever done to beg, borrow and hand out IOU's to get
Western Carolina into the SoCon years ago.

catamount man
May 25th, 2014, 05:53 AM
Would wager Western Carolina has ten times as many 0-fer years as App State, if we have ever had one.
Did WCU finally win a SoCon game last year, after how many years?

Was probably the worst thing we have ever done to beg, borrow and hand out IOU's to get

The Sunbelt fanbase will be feeling the same thing towards you guys. I read the Sunbelt boards and you guys are laughed at. Ark State and UL-Lafayette each will hang 50 on you. LMAO!!!

And besides, this is an FCS board. App is now FBS. Why are you here?

Apphole
May 25th, 2014, 09:16 AM
The Sunbelt fanbase will be feeling the same thing towards you guys. I read the Sunbelt boards and you guys are laughed at. Ark State and UL-Lafayette each will hang 50 on you. LMAO!!!

Please provide examples of the former.

I'll wait.

Also, I'd wager App has a better record than Western this coming season while playing an FBS schedule.

AshevilleApp2
May 25th, 2014, 09:42 AM

If you use that kind of logic, why do you read the Sunbelt boards?

The Cats
May 25th, 2014, 11:40 AM
If you use that kind of logic, why do you read the Sunbelt boards?

Reading one board is quite different than being a prolific poster on another board.

If you don't know the difference, well........

ThompsonThe
May 25th, 2014, 12:28 PM

Could give you a hundred examples of comments by other Sun Belt fans talking about how good App State and Georgia Southern will do in the SBC and in FBS.
It's easy, and lazy, to make up things Can't-amount. Lies, lies, lies.
Where are those examples that a previous poster asked for?

PS- We are still FCS right this second. Do not join the Sun Belt until July 1, 2014.

Point us to your examples.

AshevilleApp2
May 25th, 2014, 12:46 PM
Reading one board is quite different than being a prolific poster on another board.

If you don't know the difference, well........

Trust me, I know the difference. But why not answer Apphole's original question? It was respectfully presented, for him at least.

My guess is that Shaw will bring a mentality of winning that has been lacking at WCU over the years. Maybe it's more than that and he has experience working with receivers? You tell me.

walliver
May 25th, 2014, 12:59 PM

If someone wants to be a head coach, which is likely the goal of the overwhelming majority of assistants, he needs to understand all positions

citdog
May 25th, 2014, 03:49 PM
- - - Updated - - -

Is THAT the story y'all tell in Boone? THAT'S freaking hilariously revisionist history right there.

- - - Updated - - -

Tribe93
May 25th, 2014, 04:43 PM
Southern schools MUST stick together. Stop fighting amongst each other or the yanks will finally prevail after 160 years of feable attempts to overthrow the Promise Land.

citdog
May 25th, 2014, 05:27 PM
Southern schools MUST stick together. Stop fighting amongst each other or the yanks will finally prevail after 160 years of feable attempts to overthrow the Promise Land.

What a SORRY set of backwoods douches we got to replace William and Mary and Richmond. GLAD that two of the three are FINALLY GONE!

Apphole
May 25th, 2014, 06:00 PM
What a SORRY set of backwoods douches we got to replace William and Mary and Richmond. GLAD that two of the three are FINALLY GONE!

You're lucky the SmallCon took that third-rate military academy of yours all those years ago. Citadel is the Western Carolina of military colleges.

citdog
May 25th, 2014, 06:10 PM
You're lucky the SmallCon took that third-rate military academy of yours all those years ago. Citadel is the Western Carolina of military colleges.

The Citadel is a Military College not an academy. I wouldn't expect you to fathom the difference. We sure WHIPPED ALL HELL OUT OF YOU in the last two.

The Cats
May 25th, 2014, 06:49 PM
Trust me, I know the difference.

Obviously you don't, or you would not have made the idiotic statement.

My post was to you, not to answer someone's question, certainly not one apphole asks.

The Cats
May 25th, 2014, 07:04 PM

If this is how ASU handed out IOU's, I don't think we needed the help. Remember, WCU was not yet a member of the SoCon when this happened.

"An incident related to WCU's quest for Southern Conference membership occurred during the 1974 season. Appalachian State officials informed Dr. H. F. Robinson, WCU's Chancellor, and Bob Waters, the athletics director and head football coach for Western, that if Jerry Gaines, the Catamounts' all-star wide receiver/kick returner - and arguably the school's best athlete ever - were allowed to play in the WCU-ASU football game in Boone, ASU would withdraw their support of Western's membership for the Southern Conference.

The premise was that Gaines was playing in 1974 season as a fifth-year medical red-shirt and red-shirting was not permitted in the Southern Conference. Gaines was injured in the first half of the second game of the 1971 season, incidentally against Appalachian State. Catamount fans believed Appalachian State's motive was based upon Gaines' performance in the previous two meetings in the series, both won handily by Western.

Gaines did not play in 1974, but his replacement, true-freshman Wayne Tolleson, caught what proved to be the winning touchdown pass in a 21-17 Catamount victory."

So,these are the lengths ASU will stoop to in an effort to win, blackmail.

citdog
May 26th, 2014, 12:29 AM
If this is how ASU handed out IOU's, I don't think we needed the help. Remember, WCU was not yet a member of the SoCon when this happened.

"An incident related to WCU's quest for Southern Conference membership occurred during the 1974 season. Appalachian State officials informed Dr. H. F. Robinson, WCU's Chancellor, and Bob Waters, the athletics director and head football coach for Western, that if Jerry Gaines, the Catamounts' all-star wide receiver/kick returner - and arguably the school's best athlete ever - were allowed to play in the WCU-ASU football game in Boone, ASU would withdraw their support of Western's membership for the Southern Conference.

The premise was that Gaines was playing in 1974 season as a fifth-year medical red-shirt and red-shirting was not permitted in the Southern Conference. Gaines was injured in the first half of the second game of the 1971 season, incidentally against Appalachian State. Catamount fans believed Appalachian State's motive was based upon Gaines' performance in the previous two meetings in the series, both won handily by Western.

Gaines did not play in 1974, but his replacement, true-freshman Wayne Tolleson, caught what proved to be the winning touchdown pass in a 21-17 Catamount victory."

It was a mistake to invite EITHER one of you. You replaced GOOD schools.

AshevilleApp2
May 26th, 2014, 04:16 AM

My post was to you, not to answer someone's question, certainly not one apphole asks.

I'm truly hurt. :)

Best of luck in the upcoming season!

AshevilleApp2
May 26th, 2014, 04:31 AM
If someone wants to be a head coach, which is likely the goal of the overwhelming majority of assistants, he needs to understand all positions

Now there is a reasonable answer. Thanks Walliver!

AshevilleApp2
May 26th, 2014, 07:08 AM

I am outraged! I'll have you know sir, that The Appalachian State University now proudly boasts a four year degree in Fermentation Science.

http://fermentation.appstate.edu/

A Scholarship Fund has been established for worthy students in this discipline in the name of Marvin "Popcorn" Sutton, a noted Independent Distiller prior to his untimely demise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB-DN-M9Wec

Backwoods indeed!

Apphole
May 26th, 2014, 08:25 AM

xlolx SO salty

Apphole
May 26th, 2014, 08:28 AM

Good grief, man. That's not blackmail. That's an ultimatum.

Apphole
May 26th, 2014, 08:31 AM
The Citadel is a Military College not an academy. I wouldn't expect you to fathom the difference. We sure WHIPPED ALL HELL OUT OF YOU in the last two.

Whatever, man. The point is that when it comes to the overall series, which our fans have already forgotten, Citadel was as impotent as Joe Hooker at Chancellorsville.

The Cats
May 26th, 2014, 09:01 AM
It was a mistake to invite EITHER one of you. You replaced GOOD schools.

Please tell then, why in the hell doesn't the Citadel go join them? and take VMI with you.

Oh yeah, I know why, the CAA wouldn't have either of you. They took Elon, but wouldn't touch you two with a ten foot pole. Guess you'll just have to watch the "GOOD" schools from afar.

Smitty
May 26th, 2014, 11:32 AM
http://bachelorburnbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/loud-noises.jpg

AshevilleApp2
May 26th, 2014, 11:39 AM
http://bachelorburnbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/loud-noises.jpg

xlolx

Once again, congratulations to Western on what I think will be a good hire. xthumbsupx

citdog
May 26th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Please tell then, why in the hell doesn't the Citadel go join them? and take VMI with you.

Oh yeah, I know why, the CAA wouldn't have either of you. They took Elon, but wouldn't touch you two with a ten foot pole. Guess you'll just have to watch the "GOOD" schools from afar.

This is OUR Conference. We allow you to be in it and count your lucky stars that we do. You are a better fit for the Big South or the Pioneer League as your record of futility in football shows.

ThompsonThe
May 26th, 2014, 01:55 PM
This is OUR Conference. We allow you to be in it and count your lucky stars that we do. You are a better fit for the Big South or the Pioneer League as your record of futility in football shows.

You don't own crap and neither does your school bell hop trainee. You guys shouldn't be playing sports with
real schools anyway.

citdog
May 26th, 2014, 02:10 PM
You don't own crap and neither does your school bell hop trainee. You guys shouldn't be playing sports with
real schools anyway.

To be more factually correct the Southern Conference is RUN by The Citadel and Furman.

The Cats
May 26th, 2014, 03:14 PM

If it's your conference, why don't you put us out?

And don't come back with any of that "we allow you to be in it crap".

VMI is coming back, and Citadel will take it's rightful place along with VMI at 8 and 9 in a matter of just a couple seasons. Been going down hill for a while now.

The Cats
May 26th, 2014, 03:16 PM
real schools anyway.

Oh crap, how I hate to have to agree with thompson.

citdog
May 26th, 2014, 03:27 PM
If it's your conference, why don't you put us out?

And don't come back with any of that "we allow you to be in it crap".

VMI is coming back, and Citadel will take it's rightful place along with VMI at 8 and 9 in a matter of just a couple seasons. Been going down hill for a while now.

You should be up on a stage telling OTHER jokes. 8th and 9th place has been, and WILL be, where wcu resides. Been that way for a couple of decades now. The catamounts are a bunch of losing losers. Perhaps the OVC is a better fit for y'all.

AshevilleApp2
May 26th, 2014, 04:10 PM
You should be up on a stage telling OTHER jokes. 8th and 9th place has been, and WILL be, where wcu resides. Been that way for a couple of decades now. The catamounts are a bunch of losing losers. Perhaps the OVC is a better fit for y'all.

Losing losers? xconfusedx

citdog
May 26th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Losing losers? xconfusedx

Lonesome too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNqqs4h4M7c

AshevilleApp2
May 27th, 2014, 02:58 AM
Lonesome too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNqqs4h4M7c

Thanks. I could have happily gone about the rest of my life without being reminded of that song.

The Cats
May 27th, 2014, 05:41 PM
Perhaps the OVC is a better fit for y'all.

Perhaps you're right. Since you and Furman run things, why don't you make it happen? I think we've be much better off in a conference without you and VMI stinking things up.

No doubt, the OVC has passed the SoCon in football.

ThompsonThe
May 27th, 2014, 06:32 PM
Oh crap, how I hate to have to agree with thompson.

My sister and her husband both graduated from Western. So know how you feel.

ThompsonThe
May 27th, 2014, 06:34 PM
Military schools teach discipline. Guess citdog couldn't even master that.

citdog
May 27th, 2014, 08:08 PM
Military schools teach discipline. Guess citdog couldn't even master that.

Guess you're right. A LONG list it is of things people have tried to teach me that 'didn't take'.

citdog
May 27th, 2014, 08:12 PM
Perhaps you're right. Since you and Furman run things, why don't you make it happen? I think we've be much better off in a conference without you and VMI stinking things up.

No doubt, the OVC has passed the SoCon in football.

If we stink it up, and REGULARLY BEAT YOU, I think that says more about YOU than it does US. You ARE the WORST DIV I program. I'd shut up until I got BETTER.

The Cats
May 27th, 2014, 08:52 PM
If we stink it up, and REGULARLY BEAT YOU, I think that says more about YOU than it does US. You ARE the WORST DIV I program. I'd shut up until I got BETTER.

You continue to forget last year's score. This year, we finish the job.

It's going to be a crap year for Citadel, getting beat by both WCU and VMI. I'd say Mercer stands a fighting chance at knocking you off as well.

citdog
May 27th, 2014, 09:09 PM
You continue to forget last year's score. This year, we finish the job.

It's going to be a crap year for Citadel, getting beat by both WCU and VMI. I'd say Mercer stands a fighting chance at knocking you off as well.

I forget what? BEATING you at YOUR place? Being up three scores at the half? Your team doing what they usually do which is play well when down by THREE TOUCHDOWNS? Rushing for 350 yards? Taking a "W" back down out of that backwater town of yours? THESE are the things I REMEMBER.