PDA

View Full Version : Football countdown

The Cats
May 21st, 2014, 12:38 PM
Does the 100 day countdown start today or tomorrow? Is today 101 or 100 days? depends on how you count.

BluBengal07
May 21st, 2014, 12:44 PM
it should start on 100.
today is actually 101 days because most football starts Aug.30.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?132509-100-DAYS!!!!!!!!!!&highlight=football+countdown

ursus arctos horribilis
May 21st, 2014, 12:45 PM
Not sure. I don't even know if GAS is doing it this year on AGS?

NoDak 4 Ever
May 21st, 2014, 12:46 PM
Not sure. I don't even know if GAS is doing it this year on AGS?

He's probably doing it over on the SunBeltBBS

Sammy94
May 21st, 2014, 12:50 PM
it's actually 95 days for some of us.

ursus arctos horribilis
He's probably doing it over on the SunBeltBBS

Probably, I just sent him a text to get the low down.

ursus arctos horribilis
it's actually 95 days for some of us.

You don't count.

Daytripper
May 21st, 2014, 01:19 PM
You don't count.

On the 95th day, ONLY SHSU and EWU will count. Sorry you are still butthurt over the '11 semis....

The Ville
May 21st, 2014, 01:25 PM
101 for that Saturday that most start. It's 100 today for Jax State who faces Michigan State on Friday night.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 21st, 2014, 01:32 PM
On the 95th day, ONLY SHSU and EWU will count. Sorry you are still butthurt over the '11 semis....

WTF is wrong with you? You can't see it's a little banter? STFU.

We are talking about the date something starts here that you don't know **** about and that game doesn't count because it's when the normal season starts. Not when the Ivies start 3 wks. later, not any Thurs. games, not any week early games etc.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 21st, 2014, 01:34 PM
101 for that Saturday that most start. It's 100 today for Jax State who faces Michigan State on Friday night.

It's the Aug. 30th start so I'm coming up with the 23rd as the start but GAS said the 24th and I didn't go recount.

clenz
May 21st, 2014, 02:15 PM
It's the Aug. 30th start so I'm coming up with the 23rd as the start but GAS said the 24th and I didn't go recount.
My question - because a lot of people get this wrong - is what day is day zero?

Way too many people make it so the first Saturday is day "1"

"Day 1" is Friday...not freaking Saturday.

Me thinks, without looking GAS is doing it based off of making Saturday "day 1"

ursus arctos horribilis
May 21st, 2014, 02:27 PM

Yes. Day 0 should be Saturday. We should be doing the "1" on Friday.

BluBengal07
May 21st, 2014, 02:30 PM

From last year's 100TH Day 2013 rules

The 15th Annual GreatAppSt Countdown starts right now!!!
Yes, It's that time again girls n' boys, WOOOOT!!! xnodx

Fall weather, outdoor culinary delights, good spirits, ;-} and gatherings of friends young and old will soon be here.

I know that if you're here reading this (again)you're looking forward to football with as much enthusiasm and anticipation as I am.
15 Years and still going strong, I'd like to thank all the fans from many teams and different boards, who have joined in and expressed their enjoyment of the countdown over many years. Again, it has been and is still a great pleasure for me to do the countdown for Y'all.

Now on to the same ol' yearly intro!!!!

The G.A.S. Countdown is NOT just the often used, automatic backwards clock ticker (when I started this there were no others of any kind that I could find and trust me I looked). This countdown IS a work of passion for the enjoyment of others and myself. The G.A.S. countdown IS the often IMITATED but never duplicated ORIGINAL (like Carolina BBQ) build up to a new season of thrills, chills, and spills. Fun for ALL and all are welcomed along for the, Worlds Best Countdown! :D

THE RULES
1.) This is the G.A.S. Countdown.

2.) Only full 24 hr Calendar days
left before 12:01am of gameday are counted. The day before gameday is counted at Zero, as there are only hours are left then.

3.) I countdown to Gameday, the beginning of what my heart is passionate for, the start of APPALACHIAN STATE UNIVERSITIES FOOTBALL SEASON!!!

4.) Barring catastophic events the day will be posted this is my pledge. Please be patient it may be later in the evening before I have a chance to post.

5.) Follow up posts with player info from other I-AA teams are encouraged and warmly welcomed. I love reading about players bios and stats from the competion.

6.) I understand that some teams start their season before ASU and some after, this is the case every year. I assume most AGS posters have or are working on some level of higher education. So if your team has one of the other start dates just subtract or add those days in your head for your own count. Please just post your player with the rest of us, your more than welcome to do so without starting a new thread with a different count. It clutters the board. Please post follow-ups and make-up posts to the current days thread only, it's very confusing to look at the board and 86 days is ahead of 80 days which is ahead 79 days. Even if you miss a day or several days of posting players, just add it to the current days thread, we'll more than understand . Thanks Y'alls help for a smooth countdown will be much appreciated.

clenz
May 21st, 2014, 02:51 PM
Rule 2 on his rules is stupid...and I'll say it to his face...respectfully.

Friday there is still 1 day left until the first Saturday of the season....not zero.

clenz
May 21st, 2014, 02:53 PM
Rule 2 on his rules is stupid...and I'll say it to his face...repsectfully.

Friday there is still 1 day left until the first Saturday of the season....not zero.

GAS did a great job with doing the daily thing but I've always thought it wrong.

GAS, and his team, have now moved FBS.

I propose AGS go to making Friday August 29th as 1, Thursday August 28th as 2, and so on and so forth

ursus arctos horribilis
May 21st, 2014, 02:58 PM
It will start tomorrow and the "1's" will be on Friday before the normal start on the 30th. I think Tribe4sf and/or Bonarae were gonna manage it this year but if that days post is not up by Noon ET then anyone can start the thread cuz I don't think everyone needs to wait around until the evening to post up the players/stats etc.

If I don't hear from Tribe by tomorrow as I said I'll roll the first one out.

clenz
May 21st, 2014, 02:59 PM
It will start tomorrow and the "1's" will be on Friday before the normal start on the 30th. I think Tribe4sf and/or Bonarae were gonna manage it this year but if that days post is not up by Noon ET then anyone can start the thread cuz I don't think everyone needs to wait around until the evening to post up the players/stats etc.

If I don't hear from Tribe by tomorrow as I said I'll roll the first one out.
That is the correct way to do it.

Thank you xbowx

Daytripper
May 21st, 2014, 04:23 PM
WTF is wrong with you? You can't see it's a little banter? STFU.

We are talking about the date something starts here that you don't know **** about and that game doesn't count because it's when the normal season starts. Not when the Ivies start 3 wks. later, not any Thurs. games, not any week early games etc.

Sensitive much?

ursus arctos horribilis
May 21st, 2014, 04:45 PM
Sensitive much?

It's either that or annoyance with your jumping in to defend any little perceived slight without getting the sense for what is actually going on?

dbackjon
May 21st, 2014, 05:07 PM
It's either that or annoyance with your jumping in to defend any little perceived slight without getting the sense for what is actually going on?

Cit not cuddle with you last night?

ursus arctos horribilis
May 21st, 2014, 05:15 PM
Cit not cuddle with you last night?

As you well know I'm not much of a cuddler. I'm done, now hit the bricks.

God you are gay.

GreatAppSt
May 21st, 2014, 06:18 PM
I hereby bequeath the Countdown duties for years of faithful daily posting on the countdowns to Tribe4sf.

dbackjon
May 21st, 2014, 06:24 PM
I hereby bequeath the Countdown duties for years of faithful daily posting on the countdowns to Tribe4sf.

Boo

GreatAppSt
May 21st, 2014, 06:28 PM
Rule 2 on his rules is stupid...and I'll say it to his face...repsectfully.

GAS did a great job with doing the daily thing but I've always thought it wrong.

GAS, and his team, have now moved FBS.

I propose AGS go to making Friday August 29th as 1, Thursday August 28th as 2, and so on and so forth

What part of only Full calendar days are counted is hard to understand?
xlolx 15 years and higher thinking still eludes clenzy or maybe it's because of higher thinki..... awe who gives a fk do what y'all want with it.xsmiley_wixxbowx

The main reason for counting full days clenzy, and thus having zero days was way back when in the stone age before you could post to boards from the palm of your hand because of sometimes lengthy travel to away games could prevent you from posting that last 1 day left post no one cared if you missed posting zero.;)

enjoy GAS

GreatAppSt
May 21st, 2014, 06:42 PM
Booxbadx

Tribe4SF
May 21st, 2014, 08:12 PM
Relax. I've got this.

And Dback is already disqualified.