PDA

View Full Version : CSU vs. Georgetown

Dabnus Brickey
October 23rd, 2006, 01:09 PM
What do you guys see happening in this one?

Coastal89
October 23rd, 2006, 02:39 PM
It could be a barnburner. But it could be more interesting to just cancel the game and let the 2 teams sit down and have discussion about the history surrounding Charleston and DC.

MarkCCU
October 23rd, 2006, 02:51 PM
It could be a barnburner. But it could be more interesting to just cancel the game and let the 2 teams sit down and have discussion about the history surrounding Charleston and DC.

I'd go to that...xlolx

LeopardFan04
October 23rd, 2006, 03:20 PM
me too...

LBPop
October 23rd, 2006, 03:30 PM

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:nod: :nod:
:boring:

Dabnus Brickey
October 24th, 2006, 03:16 PM
So...no prediction?

MarkCCU
October 24th, 2006, 03:29 PM
I want Gtown to beat them...not only beat them but HUMILIATE THEM! DESTROY THOSE BUC'S. THOSE PIRATE HOOKERS!!!!!!!!!

OL FU
October 24th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Charleston Southern by 17

CSUBUCDAD
October 24th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Georgtown is a very very young team only 9 seniors on the roster. CSU is loaded with seniors so this could get ugly early based on just looking at experience. I have not seen any film on Georgetown so I have no clue what they run on either side of the ball, but given who they have played they do not look very strong at all so I am thinking the Bucs are going to roll bigtime and go to 8-0.

Dabnus Brickey
October 24th, 2006, 06:44 PM
score?

DFW HOYA
October 24th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Georgtown is a very very young team only 9 seniors on the roster. CSU is loaded with seniors so this could get ugly early based on just looking at experience. I have not seen any film on Georgetown so I have no clue what they run on either side of the ball, but given who they have played they do not look very strong at all so I am thinking the Bucs are going to roll bigtime and go to 8-0.

Georgetown has nine seniors on the two-deep, 12 seniors overall. This is compared to 36 freshmen.

The Hoyas run the ball but have struggled mightily given their difficulty adjusting to the new offense (20 turnovers). Its leading rusher is its quarterback, while its leading RB has 142 yards this season.

Last year's team (4-7) was criticized for a nonexistent offense. This year's team has a slightly better offense but three less wins. Owing to its budget imbalance with other I-AA teams, however, depth is an challenge every week. CSU will have a 40-45 man edge in scholarships/ equivalencies. Scholarships don't always win games, of course (Georgetown shut out VMI two years ago) but it sure doesn't hurt, either.

That having been said, this is a team that is better than its record and will turn it around sooner rather than later.

As to who Georgetown plays, they play who they can. The A-10 is not interested in games in DC, and Washington is really too far for most Big South teams, excepting VMI. Georgetown tries not to fill up its schedule with MAAC teams, so adding Ivy League schools makes good sense and three more arrive on the schedule next year.

CSUBUCDAD
October 24th, 2006, 07:04 PM
I say CSU 45-7

LeopardFan04
October 24th, 2006, 07:15 PM
I think it will be close and low scoring...Gtown will play them tough...

CSU BUCS
October 24th, 2006, 08:25 PM
I think it will be close. I believe our players may underestimate them and this could cost us.

Keeper
October 25th, 2006, 04:12 AM
computer sez......Hoyas 21-16.

OL FU
October 25th, 2006, 07:13 AM
Charleston Southern by 17

Darn, I have to watch out.

I just said 27 on a different thread:confused:

CSUBUCDAD
October 25th, 2006, 07:53 AM
computer sez......Hoyas 21-16.

If the Drafts to Price connection is cooking, it will be a high scoring contest at least on the CSU side.

IaaScribe
October 25th, 2006, 08:49 AM
It hasn't been "ugly early" for CSU against anyone, unless you count beating a freaking investment firm. Oh, I mean Edward Waters. Seeing as CSU couldn't blow out Wingate, Presbyterian, Newberry or VMI, where do you get off saying "this could be ugly early?" Ridiculous.

Pard4Life
October 25th, 2006, 08:57 AM
What do you guys see happening in this one?

The crowd yawns and rolls over for a nap...

Dabnus Brickey
October 25th, 2006, 09:40 AM
The last two posts were hilarious. This is why I-AA is better than I-A.

CSUBUCDAD
October 25th, 2006, 10:35 AM
I get the distinct impression that most of you think that Charelston Southern is a University with 12,000 or so students. Not the case boys, they are smaller than the 10 or so largest high schools in the state. Hell, they are smaller than a lot of Div II and Div III schools. When my son was there up until this past fall, there were right at 2500 full time students enrolled. So all you big time schools with 15-20,000 students put it in perspective would ya.

LBPop
October 25th, 2006, 11:36 AM
That having been said, this is a team that is better than its record and will turn it around sooner rather than later.

DFW is exactly right. For those of us close to the program, the question continues to be, "When?" It's gonna happen sometime--the talent and the Head Coach are simply too good.

Looking forward to seeing the CSU high flying offense in person. Doing a day-trip flight. Can someone please give me an idea of the distance/travel time to and from the airport? Thanks.

CSUBUCDAD
October 25th, 2006, 11:41 AM
If you are flying into Charleston International the driving distance is about 15 miles toward Columbia on I-26. If you fly into the Summerville airstip in is about 5 miles away.

CSU BUCS
October 27th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Who’s coming down for George Town? Do ya’ll expect good traveling numbers? It’s raining now but should be clear by tomorrow. It’s homecoming as well so there will be some extra festivities.

LBPop
October 27th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Who’s coming down for George Town? Do ya’ll expect good traveling numbers? It’s raining now but should be clear by tomorrow. It’s homecoming as well so there will be some extra festivities.

Apparently a number of "local" Alums are planning to attend. Here is a bulletin put out by the Georgetown Gridiron Club:

Saturday, October 28 at Charleston Southern
Tailgate 11:00 am, Game 1:30 pm
Get down to Charleston, S.C., for the Hoyas' game against Charleston Southern, and join some fellow Hoyas for a pregame tailgate. The clubs of Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina will host the tailgate, beginning at 11 a.m., on Saturday, October 28, 2006 before the 1:30 p.m. kickoff. Some food and beverages will be provided, but you are welcome to bring your own snacks and drinks. Tickets will be available for the game for $5. Tailgating will take place on the intramural field where Building 1 (Enrollment Services) is located on the campus.

I will be there provided the weather will allow the plane to land. Looking forward to seeing that CS high powered passing offense.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 27th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Lifted from my blog: http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com:

#25 Charleston Southern over Georgetown. As long as Chuck South can manage, oh I don't know, two scores against the Hoyas, I don't think the undefeated Buccaneers shoudl have any problems. Chuck-A-Bucs 31, Hoyanthropists 7.

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 03:11 PM
FINAL - Chuck South 24-10 G'Town

Chuck South is now 8-0 and has games with Gardner-Webb, @ Liberty and @ Coastal Carolina left.

DFW HOYA
October 28th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Wow, that was bad...again. Georgetown is now at 11 points per game.

A year ago at this time, Georgetown was 4-4. If not for one touchdown vs. Stony Brook, they'd have lost 11 in a row.