PDA

View Full Version : NCAA 08 videogame I-AA teams

gobucknell06
October 23rd, 2006, 12:05 PM
NCAA 08 the videogame is currently in production for the XBOX360 and PS3. It comes out July 2007 (roughly 9 months). Anyway, since the game is in production -- there is a question over whether or not 1-AA teams will be in there.

I'm a big fan of the series, but I want all the 1-AA's in there especially Bucknell. GO BISON! :bow:

What do you guys think? Should we write letters to EA Tiburon in Orlando? Because it could make a difference now.

Pard4Life
October 23rd, 2006, 12:13 PM
NCAA 08 the videogame is currently in production for the XBOX360 and PS3. It comes out July 2007 (roughly 9 months). Anyway, since the game is in production -- there is a question over whether or not 1-AA teams will be in there.

I'm a big fan of the series, but I want all the 1-AA's in there especially Bucknell. GO BISON! :bow:

What do you guys think? Should we write letters to EA Tiburon in Orlando? Because it could make a difference now.

I have NCAA 2004.. good game.. and I refuse to buy another game unless all of I-AA or at least the PL with accurate stadiums are in the game...

If they can put idiotic teams in the game like 1990 All-Americans and all-time Clemson team in the game, they can put I-AA in the game... jeeeeeez...

SDFan
October 23rd, 2006, 12:19 PM
Best thing to do is write/email/call them. That's what I did.

Dabnus Brickey
October 23rd, 2006, 12:32 PM
The create a team feature is cool, but you can only do so much. I think there should be a way you can run a dynasty with a I-AA team and go to playoffs and everything.

GannonFan
October 23rd, 2006, 12:35 PM
Is there a contact information for where we should write/e-mail/call? That could help rather than having to go and find it.

HIU 93
October 23rd, 2006, 01:04 PM
Is there a contact information for where we should write/e-mail/call? That could help rather than having to go and find it.

If you go to www.easports.com, you can contact them through there. That's what I did.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 23rd, 2006, 01:15 PM
If they can put idiotic teams in the game like 1990 All-Americans and all-time Clemson team in the game, they can put I-AA in the game... jeeeeeez...

LoL...amen to that.

blackfordpu
October 23rd, 2006, 02:56 PM
Best thing to do is write/email/call them. That's what I did.

It won't do any good.

gobucknell06
October 23rd, 2006, 02:59 PM
I bet if they get enough complaints they may do it. Otherwise, probably not. Kendall Boyd has said that he wants to add a 1-AA feature. Write to him here:

Kendall Boyd
EA Tiburon
1950 Summit Park Drive
Orlando, FL 32810

mtgrizfan4life
October 23rd, 2006, 10:05 PM
Here is what I want to email them, but only can tech email options. someone help.
To whom it may concern, (this is for all gaming platforms)

I have been purchasing ea sports games since the 1st Madden. I would appreciate this email be forwarded to whoever makes decisons regarding NCAA College Football and March Madness. As for NCAA Football 1AA football fans really would like accurate stadiums,up to date rosters (you run the rosters one year behind), and 1AA playoffs with options for 1a conferences to make 1aa bids to move up. As for the rosters, I know most rosters are available on websites. I Know for fact Montana Grizzlies roster can be found at montanagrizzlies.com, ditto for all the Bigsky teams. Many 1AA fans love your game, yet feel let down by lack of 1AA realism. Many 1AA fans will not purchase the next game if there are not 1AA improvements.
As for March Madness series, has it been discontinued? If not when will it be released. Also would like to see more accurate rosters and arenas for non Major Conference teams.
For all your games I think it would be cool to get halftime analysis from commentators or in studio analysts. I hope these suggestions will be taken into consideration for future products. I appreciate your efforts and time in the gaming world, especially sports. I hope you take "It's in the game" to a new level. As for collegiate sports only the major conferences is that true for. I hope to hear from someone regarding this email with some insite.

Thank you.

TaTownBacker
October 23rd, 2006, 10:22 PM
I too would love all the I-AA teams in the game, but I have one major beef. I HATE when they make the RB's have like 46 speed (equivilent to about a 4.9 40) or the OL averages 6'0" 235. It really makes me mad. It intensifies the myths most people have about I-AA players, e.g. that they are small and slow, most were average HS players, some never played HS football (just decided to "tryout" in college), and my favorite "Man, I could easily play I-AA ball".

Ta TownBacker

LeopardFan04
October 23rd, 2006, 10:41 PM
I too would love all the I-AA teams in the game, but I have one major beef. I HATE when they make the RB's have like 46 speed (equivilent to about a 4.9 40) or the OL averages 6'0" 235. It really makes me mad. It intensifies the myths most people have about I-AA players, e.g. that they are small and slow, most were average HS players, some never played HS football (just decided to "tryout" in college), and my favorite "Man, I could easily play I-AA ball".

Ta TownBacker

Great points...it's very true...

blackfordpu
October 23rd, 2006, 11:05 PM
We can send all the emails we want but EA Sports isn't going to sweat 2500 people complaining about I-AA teams. It just isn't important enough to them and we arn't a big enough sample to really cause a dent in their sales.:(

mtgrizfan4life
October 23rd, 2006, 11:17 PM
come on there are way more than 2500 fans. Could get that from Griz nation alone. even at 2500 x 50= 125,000. I think if enough 1AA fans complain or suggest it could call for changes. How difficult would it to be to get accurate rosters at least?

Dabnus Brickey
October 24th, 2006, 06:15 AM
I know several of us down here in South Carolina would love to see I-AA get more love on the game.

gobucknell06
October 24th, 2006, 08:13 AM
The Grizzlies fan has a nice letter. Good content. I mean it's just an e-mail so the spelling of 'insight' and poor use of style and conventions doesn't really matter. Grizzly fan, I salute you. Please have others write actual letters to EA Tiburon.

HensRock
October 24th, 2006, 08:40 AM
IMO (for what it's worth)

Writing to complain about the lack of I-AA representation in their game is useless unless you give them solid BUSINESS JUSTIFICATION to change it. Letters asking, "Why is my team not in the game?", or "Why does our stadium look so generic?", or "Why are the I-AA players modeled so inferior to I-A players" will fall on deaf ears and quickly find themselves in the circular file.

Instead:

Convince them of a potential untapped market in I-AA
Show excitement about a playoff mode and how even fans of I-A teams could enjoy that.
Point out the revenue potential in modeling a team like Lehigh rather than the All-time Clemson team (how many additional Clemson fans do they think that feature will attract vs. the number of additional Lehigh fans?)
ENCOURAGE THEM TO VISIT ANYGIVENSATURDAY.COM TO HAVE THEIR EYES OPENED AS TO THE POTENTIAL OF THE I-AA MARKET!

In short, give them sound business reasons why they should invest more of their time and effort on I-AA. They probably get tons of letters from DII and III fans complaining why their team is missing. Tell them how they can make more money and they will listen.

And finally conclude with this...

In the world of I-AA, the playoffs are not only in the game, they ARE THE GAME - so why are they not "IN THE GAME"?

gobucknell06
October 24th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Good points. I wonder if there is a restraint of trade issue. It has been mentioned before on this board that EA has the license to NCAA football. However, they only have about 65% of 1-AA in the game at all. How is that fair...or even legal for that matter? xidiotx

Especially with great teams like Colgate, Lehigh, Lafayette, and Bucknell in the Patriot League! :hurray:

fredcombs
October 24th, 2006, 01:59 PM
I have to agree with most of the postings here, the way that the 1-aa teams are placed in the game now is ridiculous. it would be nice to have real ratings for them and real stadiums. yale is the only 1-aa stadium that comes to mind that is in the game. And why not have all of the conferences as well? I would like to see a dynasty mode similar to what is in teh game now with a peyton award watch list as well as listing all americans just like is in the game now. And of course a playoff would be ideal. It would also be neat to have a feature that allows you to jump from 1-aa to 1-a in the game, included in this would be stadium upgrades yoiu would have to make and attendance numbers you would have to hit. Just my two cents but i think we are all on the right track

mcveyrl
October 24th, 2006, 02:09 PM
IMO (for what it's worth)
In the world of I-AA, the playoffs are not only in the game, they ARE THE GAME - so why are they not "IN THE GAME"?

(Conspiracy Theory Alert!!)
I've often wondered whether EA is "discouraged" from putting a playoff mode into the game. Don't want to show too many people how exciting it is!!:nono:

furman94
October 24th, 2006, 02:13 PM
It definately gets old seeing the same 1-AA generic stadium all the time. I think they need the real stadiums. The only real stadium in 1-AA I've seen is Montana. On NCAA 07 for PSP it has #45 an FB(J-rain) and other standout players for furman, but not everyone. I do understand this would take a long time to make acurate stadiums and rosters for each team though.

windwalker
October 24th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Can't believe there are so many of you that play video games...
Wish I had the time... Life is too busy to waste time on games like that!!!!

But i bet you enjoy it.. and you would say to me, how can you play golf so much???? !!! LOL
:smiley_wi :smiley_wi :smiley_wi :smiley_wi :smiley_wi

youwouldno
October 24th, 2006, 04:34 PM
EA Sports blows. At this point I wish the games would stop getting worse in every respect... hoping for major improvement (i.e. including I-AA) is wishful thinking.

JRGNYR
October 24th, 2006, 05:25 PM
First time poster, long time reader of the forums. Finally signed up today.

I'm also an avid video game fan and have been generally disappointed by the lack of I-AA representation in the EA Sports franchise. If they can put the Ivies and the A-10 in, then they should be able to feature the rest of I-AA. Also as stated before, they have about 50 All American or all time teams in there that just take up space.

At least the college basketball games feature all of Division I. Football should be no different.

mtgrizfan4life
October 24th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Can't believe there are so many of you that play video games...
Wish I had the time... Life is too busy to waste time on games like that!!!!

But i bet you enjoy it.. and you would say to me, how can you play golf so much???? !!! LOL
:smiley_wi :smiley_wi :smiley_wi :smiley_wi :smiley_wi

Great thread!
I too would be gofing most of the time if I were in SC :thumbsup:
Unfortunately golf season here at best is mid March through October.

As for the business expert(s), feel free to draft a letter. Some of us have other career fields that do not involve writing business letters or do not have secretaries doing it for us. Many of us have technical backgrounds. So do not make yourself seem so superior. I appreciate your education and commend anyone for being successful in any chosen career field.

Please do not belittle others with backgrounds other than yours. As for grammar/spelling errors, a posting online is not a professional letter. Have you ever thought that some people do not want to be professional on their personal time, such as posting on the internet? Hell we are professional 40 plus hours a week. Why worry about it on personal time?Honestly, many posters type and send it without proofing. Also realize customers for most companies are of diverse backgrounds. Successful companies/businesses are those that recognize that diversity.

Sorry had to get that out in the open to "Mr. Professional" that makes himself/herself to sound so superior. Posting here is personal, not professional so get off your "high horse". Then again maybe you are posting on professional time. Hmmmmmmmm, isn't that unprofessional too?

LeopardFan04
October 24th, 2006, 07:21 PM
First time poster, long time reader of the forums. Finally signed up today.

I'm also an avid video game fan and have been generally disappointed by the lack of I-AA representation in the EA Sports franchise. If they can put the Ivies and the A-10 in, then they should be able to feature the rest of I-AA. Also as stated before, they have about 50 All American or all time teams in there that just take up space.

At least the college basketball games feature all of Division I. Football should be no different.

Welcome! Congrats on the win on Saturday...

Agree with you...does anyone ever even use those All American/all time teams? I don't think I ever have...

gobucknell06
October 24th, 2006, 07:42 PM
No, Grizzlies fan. I salute you (as I mentioned in my post). However, if you are not ashamed of your failure to correctly spell "insight", then why are you defending yourself?

As I mentioned, you have a good letter with overall good content. That's far better than Shakespeare or Plato defending EA Sports in its attempt to exclude 1-AA from the videogame market. Don't be upset.

mtgrizfan4life
October 24th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Sorry for the spelling error, yes I do know how to spell sight. With work the only sight or site I deal with is "site(s)", so it is natural for me anymore. Please forgive me Professor for I have sinned. Maybe one time I will post about a website and spell it websight just to piss you off. Will be kind of like the kid you get on for saying Ain't but he/she says it just to get a laugh. Pleaze do not make other pozters look like an idiot for a slite miztake, even if the hole poast was mizspeled. (and yes i know i made spelling errors just now, did it just to be a smart AZZ, ASS because I know how it bugz you) :) Now I am just going to have fun messing with your dislike for spelling mistakes. BTW Don't be upset professor.

BEAR
October 24th, 2006, 10:22 PM
Actually EA sports is in Little Rock. I know 2 guys who work for them who have a lot of say or at least some influence about what goes in the games and what doesn't. I will talk with them tomorrow or thursday and ask them why certain things are the way they are. I'll of course pitch the CS for the next release. But as I recall many of the logistics of the games are planned years in advance using many, many people to program the games. I too think it would be great to see my team in the game.:hurray: :thumbsup:

gobucknell06
October 24th, 2006, 11:52 PM
For brief clarification, I am not your professor. However, I will say that spelling is only the first of several areas in which you may want to consider formal training. I would suggest starting with analytic reasoning. :rotateh:

For example, it is pointless to make a fallacious ad hominum argument against someone who is clearly on your side. xidiotx If you are going to make an ad hominum argument at all, it should be relevant and important. An example of such a fallacious ad hominum is an oversimplified caricature of someone who notices when you fail to correctly spell words such as 'insight' as a spelling nazi. :nono:

Formal training would work on the rough edges on areas like this. I think you would be pleased with the result. Or if you like, just google "rules of inference, rules of replacement, common fallacies" on the internet. That would be a good starting point.:hurray:

gobucknell06
October 24th, 2006, 11:53 PM
UCABEAR, please tell them to get on the 1-AA thing. Lafayette and Lehigh should have been in the game about 5 years ago!

JRGNYR
October 25th, 2006, 12:04 AM
Welcome! Congrats on the win on Saturday...

Agree with you...does anyone ever even use those All American/all time teams? I don't think I ever have...

Thanks on both accounts. Actually I swung in from the Crossports message board, and I think I'll be adding this along with Crossports as must visits at least once a day.

LeopardFan04
October 25th, 2006, 12:05 AM
For brief clarification, I am not your professor. However, I will say that spelling is only the first of several areas in which you may want to consider formal training. I would suggest starting with analytic reasoning. :rotateh:

For example, it is pointless to make a fallacious ad hominum argument against someone who is clearly on your side. xidiotx If you are going to make an ad hominum argument at all, it should be relevant and important. An example of such a fallacious ad hominum is an oversimplified caricature of someone who notices when you fail to correctly spell words such as 'insight' as a spelling nazi. :nono:

Formal training would work on the rough edges on areas like this. I think you would be pleased with the result. Or if you like, just google "rules of inference, rules of replacement, common fallacies" on the internet. That would be a good starting point.:hurray:

No need for some of this...and by the way it's "I-AA"

Jacks76
October 25th, 2006, 12:17 AM
One time I played as NAU vs. University of Miami (Fla.) and won 10-7! :)

Paul

LeopardFan04
October 25th, 2006, 12:19 AM
One time I played as NAU vs. University of Miami (Fla.) and won 10-7! :)

Paul

Nice! How many of their players got kicked out for fighting? :rotateh: It's tough to do usually because of how little team speed they give the I-AA schools...

Johnny5
October 25th, 2006, 02:06 AM
I'd settle for updated 1-AA rosters.....

AmsterBison
October 25th, 2006, 03:30 AM

Hehehe, it's "ad hominem" - third declension not second. I agree with your thoughts though but must protest as me likes the latin very good.

gobucknell06
October 25th, 2006, 08:04 AM
Various dictionaries prefer 'ad hominum'. Prima facie, though I think I will use 'ad hominem' in the future. But as I said, I'm not a spelling nazi. :thumbsup:

Pard4Life
October 25th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Crazy things have happened in my NCAA 04 dynasty...

North Texas is a six-star national power.. so is Air Force, Colorado St, and TCU...

USC is down to four.. PSU is three... FSU three..

Duke is up to three stars and wins games!

And oh took Marshall and made them a six-star Big East power with five national titles... xlolx :rotateh:

Dabnus Brickey
October 25th, 2006, 09:41 AM
I created CCU and now they're in the ACC!!! Top that one!!!

JRGNYR
October 25th, 2006, 11:19 AM
I've got Holy Cross in the Big East, and to really boost the unrealistic factor, despite Boston College being in the ACC, I've unearthed a buried rivalry and revived the annual BC/HC game that sadly was discontinued in '86.

gobucknell06
October 29th, 2006, 07:37 AM
This stuff is important for I-AA.

dprichar
October 29th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Does anyone know what I-AA teams are in this years game? I can't find a list anywhere on the internet. I would probably buy it if Cal Poly was in there.

Hansel
October 29th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Does anyone know what I-AA teams are in this years game? I can't find a list anywhere on the internet. I would probably buy it if Cal Poly was in there.
No Cal Poly :(

SochorField
October 29th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Entire Great West shut out again?!

gobucknell06
October 29th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Yep -- no Cal Poly. No Great West -- (John Madden is a freaking Cal Poly alum!)

No Patriot, Pioneer, or Big South. No NEC or Metro Atlantic. It's really quite terrible.

Seven Would Be Nice
October 29th, 2006, 08:44 PM
I didn't think 1-AA teams were in it this year... I couldn't find GSU, so I left my friends apt and didn't bother playing it.xlolx xlolx xlolx

maybe next year???

blur2005
October 29th, 2006, 10:29 PM
I didn't think 1-AA teams were in it this year... I couldn't find GSU, so I left my friends apt and didn't bother playing it.xlolx xlolx xlolx

maybe next year???
That's the Xbox 360 version. The current gen consoles have them.

rmutv
October 29th, 2006, 11:56 PM
For kicks and giggles I created a Robert Morris squad as I-A Indy, played one season at that, was invited to the MAC, won a couple MAC championships, kicked Duke out of the ACC, won a couple ACC championships and BCS bowl games, and one BCS title.

Realistic? Hardly. Fun as hell? You bet!

With all the brain power these games have anymore, you'd think that adding another half dozen conferences wouldn't tax it. Then again, when you pull off an upset, say RMU over USC, you still hear: "USC came into this game expecting to win easily and they did..." even when the final score is some ridiculous number like 70-10 RMU. xidiotx

ASU Kep
October 30th, 2006, 01:23 AM
I created CCU and now they're in the ACC!!! Top that one!!!

In NCAA 03 I led an App St. dynasty to three consecutive National Championships. It was a long time ago and all I remember was in the last one I was playing an 11-0 Air Force team in the freakin' BCS NC game. :rolleyes: :confused: xidiotx

Dabnus Brickey
October 30th, 2006, 06:19 AM
Appy. St. vs. Air Force in the BCS title game? Wow...

I just beat Va. Tech at Blacksburg. Next, we have Miami at home. Brooks Stadium will be a-rockin'!!!

gobucknell06
October 30th, 2006, 07:16 AM
You mean a created version of Coastal Carolina, right? Coastal is not in the game.

Seven Would Be Nice
October 30th, 2006, 12:27 PM
With all the brain power these games have anymore, you'd think that adding another half dozen conferences wouldn't tax it. Then again, when you pull off an upset, say RMU over USC, you still hear: "USC came into this game expecting to win easily and they did..." even when the final score is some ridiculous number like 70-10 RMU. xidiotx

Ive noticed that too!! I had '04 and subbed GSU into the ACC and anytime I upset a team the commentators would say I had lost...xidiotx:confused: xidiotx :confused:

gobucknell06
November 6th, 2006, 07:55 AM
bump...

BillLuc1982
November 6th, 2006, 08:00 AM
I was wondering, why are a lot of I-AA players rated so low? It's ironic because a lot of the best pro athletes come from I-AA.

Especially kickers and punters. How come an excellent kicker in I-AA is rated 74 when someone of the same caliber in I-A is a 96?

And update the rosters, EA Sports! The players you have are 93 years old already!

Dabnus Brickey
November 6th, 2006, 08:13 AM
Appy. St. vs. Air Force in the BCS title game? Wow...

I just beat Va. Tech at Blacksburg. Next, we have Miami at home. Brooks Stadium will be a-rockin'!!!
Yeah, the only problems I ran into is that the rooster isn't even close and that the teal is almost right on the game. Maybe its my TV, I don't know. But creating teams is fun for about three or four seasons, I kind of get bored with it because in pre-game they say "The Home Team" or "The Away Team"

Black and Gold Express
November 6th, 2006, 09:02 AM
And update the rosters, EA Sports! The players you have are 93 years old already!

Wait, you think EA Sports actually gives a damn about the I-AA teams? Now that's funny, I don't care who you are. xlolx xlolx xlolx

crunifan
November 6th, 2006, 09:07 AM
I enjoy seeing their interpretation of the UNI-Dome. They make it look like a freakin' airplane hanger with stands with the UNI logo pasted everywhere.

Dabnus Brickey
November 6th, 2006, 09:08 AM
So...they're somewhat aware of I-AA but not totally?

shakdaddy3
November 6th, 2006, 10:41 AM
I was wondering, why are a lot of I-AA players rated so low? It's ironic because a lot of the best pro athletes come from I-AA.

Especially kickers and punters. How come an excellent kicker in I-AA is rated 74 when someone of the same caliber in I-A is a 96?

you really think a lot of, which would entail most, the best NFL players come from IAA... for some reason, i think most players in the NFL come from IA... i don't know why, but i just think they do :rolleyes:

Apps32
November 6th, 2006, 10:42 AM
The most recent version I have is 2004. Does anyone know if I-AA rosters can be modified in more recent editions, or will the 'Create-a-player' option allow for creating players for I-AA schools? Is there one of those "cheat code/password" things that will allow this? I don't care about the stadium so much but I'd like to be able to make I-AA teams better so that they can actually play...

BillLuc1982
November 6th, 2006, 10:46 AM
you really think a lot of, which would entail most, the best NFL players come from IAA... for some reason, i think most players in the NFL come from IA... i don't know why, but i just think they do :rolleyes:

Many of the best NFL stars come from I-AA while a lot of the I-A stars turn out to be busts.

Kurt Warner, Jeff Wilkins, Phil Simms, Walter Payton, Jerry Rice, Rodney Harrison, Randy Moss, Troy Brown, Brian Westbrook, Steve McNair, Michael Strahan, etc

Unfortunately TO is from I-AA :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

BillLuc1982
November 6th, 2006, 10:47 AM
The most recent version I have is 2004. Does anyone know if I-AA rosters can be modified in more recent editions, or will the 'Create-a-player' option allow for creating players for I-AA schools? Is there one of those "cheat code/password" things that will allow this? I don't care about the stadium so much but I'd like to be able to make I-AA teams better so that they can actually play...

You might as well make a custom team like I did for the 1999 Girard High Indians (custom historic team to boot)

Apps32
November 6th, 2006, 11:04 AM
You might as well make a custom team like I did for the 1999 Girard High Indians (custom historic team to boot)

Yeah, I did that, and from a distance they look pretty good, but I'd like to have the real unis - for App and the rest of the SoCon...

BillLuc1982
November 6th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Yeah, I did that, and from a distance they look pretty good, but I'd like to have the real unis - for App and the rest of the SoCon...

I think customizing stadiums would be cool. I liked Madden 06's customization options. If it weren't for "marketing", NCAA 20xx would be more appealing to I-AA diehards.

Apps32
November 6th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Many of the best NFL stars come from I-AA while a lot of the I-A stars turn out to be busts.

Kurt Warner, Jeff Wilkins, Phil Simms, Walter Payton, Jerry Rice, Rodney Harrison, Randy Moss, Troy Brown, Brian Westbrook, Steve McNair, Michael Strahan, etc

That's what I love about the players saying their names and schools on Sunday nights and previously on Monday nights. It's amazing how many I-AA schools you will hear...

BillLuc1982
November 6th, 2006, 11:09 AM
That's what I love about the players saying their names and schools on Sunday nights and previously on Monday nights. It's amazing how many I-AA schools you will hear...

A lot of the I-A stars mention their high/elementary schools LOL

Maybe I should create a 1988 Washington Elementary School team xlolx

Lehigh Football Nation
November 6th, 2006, 11:22 AM
When I've had time to play (which, during the season, is not often), I've made a dynasty in NCAA '04 with all the I-AA teams subbed into the conferences. I created credible replicas of the Patriot League unis and tweaked the Lehigh roster to have some similarity to the 2006 roster, and subbed out the Big East (7 teams at that time) and subbed in the PL. I also subbed in almost all the I-AA teams for the existing conferences - somewhere in this mess o' threads of the past I detailed the changes I made.

It does get old to hear them say "... this match between the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets... and the home team!" Twice I've gotten BCS bowls (not the championship though) and lost to Georgia Tech. I think I have Lehigh up to two or three stars. And yes, the limited number of generic stadiums and fight songs basically suck, especially when you're playing all I-AA schools with the same ones. I also wish they had some generic mascots as well - for Lehigh, I have Southern Miss' mascot which kinda sorta looks like the Mountain Hawk.

Someone in an interview for EA mentioned something about adding I-AA teams to the next version, and I really hope they were serious about that. I would definitely buy the game if that were the case. Even if they forgot the PL (AGAIN) and simply put the playoffs in there I'd be happier.

shakdaddy3
November 6th, 2006, 11:32 AM

randy moss went to marshall when they were IA, right? not sure, just checking

ok, so you listed a few of the best players in the NFL... just off the top of my head i will name a few of the best from IA: Joe Montana, Troy Aikman, Dan Marino, Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Shaun Alexander, Marvin Harrison, Torry Holt, Brain Urlacher, Ray Lewis...

no offense, but i think MOST of the best players now and in the history of the NFL came from IA schools... granted, i will believe that there are more IA busts than IAA, but that can be b/c there are way more IAs taken...

and i wouldn't consider Kurt Warner on of the best in the NFL now.. maybe for 2 years he was, but anyone would have been with that offense... basically, Kurt Warner = Terrell Davis IMO...

mcveyrl
November 6th, 2006, 11:58 AM
randy moss went to marshall when they were IA, right? not sure, just checking

They were I-AA for at least part of his time, I thought. I saw him play against East Tenn. State, so I just assumed, but I might be wrong.

gobucknell06
November 6th, 2006, 03:32 PM
To my Lehigh friend,

There isn't an excuse this time to omit the Patriot League. We have an automatic bid to the playoffs. Colgate, Bucknell :hurray:, Lafayette, Lehigh? C'mon -- they need to be in the game if there is to be a i-aa playoff field.

Delaware Ghostrider II
November 6th, 2006, 03:43 PM
I have been buying the NCAA games for PS2 since 04 and I love them....seems every year that add more AA teams....hell they even have Del State in there.....As for runnning a dynasty with "YOUR" team...I have had no problem using UD in dynasty mode. I don't know right off hand but I think at the team selection screen (this is for PS2) you push select and choose your team...it will then ask what conference you wanna be in and what team you wanna replace ( for example) if you choose the ACC you can take out Miami and put your team in...Like I said I havent had any problems though keep in mind...if you use a AA team chances are you are gonna start out ranked like 150 or somethign like that and if you play on the rookie level you MAY be Bowl eligible your first year will take a year or two to play for Championship. I think EA should produce either a I-AA game or if you are using a AA team then your goal is play for the AA championship also...you should be able to upgrade your facilities and what not so that you can "move up" to I-A ball.....would be some nice additions IMO.:thumbsup:

Lehigh Football Nation
November 6th, 2006, 03:47 PM
To my Lehigh friend,

There isn't an excuse this time to omit the Patriot League. We have an automatic bid to the playoffs. Colgate, Bucknell :hurray:, Lafayette, Lehigh? C'mon -- they need to be in the game if there is to be a i-aa playoff field.

Couldn't agree more, but I thought with NCAA '04 there was *no way* that EA would leave out a team that made to I-AA championship game, and well, they did. :mad: I even wrote the league and EA Sports about it, but obviously that didn't come to much either.

Not to be totally down on the chance. I think after the public comments in interviews the future looks brighter than even that more care will be paid to I-AA (and probably the Patriot League) next time.

gobucknell06
November 6th, 2006, 07:50 PM
I bet EA still finds some excuse not to have all the I-AA teams in the game. It's long overdue.

Peems
November 6th, 2006, 07:53 PM
in my ncaa football the griz are working on their third straight national championship.

BillLuc1982
November 7th, 2006, 08:12 AM
I bet EA still finds some excuse not to have all the I-AA teams in the game. It's long overdue.

I can't believe they had the SWAC teams for the past 1,000,000 years. SWAC teams are usually not playoff teams in I-AA. SWAC before Gateway and A 10? C'mon!

PantherRob82
November 7th, 2006, 12:08 PM
It used to be SWAC and IVY for financial reasons. The create a team feature works well too. On the 2005 version of the game I created a team and used UNI's logo. That way I had a decent team to start rather than a bunch of slow players rated overall 50.

monmouthhawk
November 7th, 2006, 02:19 PM
I make Monmouth every new NCAA that comes out. I have to use the 20,000 capacity stadium as they don't make em smaller!

I start out as cupcake and it really blows for a few years, but eventually the NJ recruits start rolling in here instead of rival Rutgers.

aceinthehole
November 7th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Which version (year) has the most I-AA teams?

I have 2003 (Harrington on the Cover) and the only I-AA teams are Ivy, SWAC, MEAC, and A-10 ... I think.

Could someone summarize the I-AA features by year? Which is the best version to buy as a I-AA fan?

BillLuc1982
November 7th, 2006, 02:57 PM

I have 2003 (Harrington on the Cover) and the only I-AA teams are Ivy, SWAC, MEAC, and A-10 ... I think.

Could someone summarize the I-AA features by year? Which is the best version to buy as a I-AA fan?

Until 2004, Ivy, MEAC, and SWAC were the only I-AA conferences represented. Gateway, some of A-10, Big Sky, and SoCon were added in 2004. OVC and the rest of A-10 were added in 2005. This is just from my memory so don't take it as gospel. I just know the Gateway and Big Sky were added in 2004. :smiley_wi

Peems
November 7th, 2006, 03:07 PM
2005 and 2006 have the same AA rosters but if you take time you can edit the players to match your current roster, thats what i did. the only drawback is that you cant change their year. so instead of having a receiver who is supposed to be a sophmore he is a senior.

furman94
November 9th, 2006, 03:19 PM

NCAA 04 has alot of 1-AA teams

B&G
November 9th, 2006, 03:32 PM
How many 1-AA schools are there in this country? And what is the combined population at those schools who play sports video games? Now include the number of alumni in that count. I'm sure it is a number of some substance. Why would you not cater to this group of people if you had the ability to incorporate 1-AA in the game?

I didn't buy NCAA '07 b/c a friend of mine told me they didn't even change the 1-AA rosters from '06.

BillLuc1982
November 9th, 2006, 04:01 PM
How many 1-AA schools are there in this country? And what is the combined population at those schools who play sports video games? Now include the number of alumni in that count. I'm sure it is a number of some substance. Why would you not cater to this group of people if you had the ability to incorporate 1-AA in the game?

I didn't buy NCAA '07 b/c a friend of mine told me they didn't even change the 1-AA rosters from '06.

Most of the 1-AA rosters are from Fall 2003 (NCAA 2004). The added teams in 2005 have the Fall 2004 rosters. If EA keeps this up, we'll have 90-year-olds playing college football! :rolleyes:

B&G
November 9th, 2006, 04:30 PM
Most of the 1-AA rosters are from Fall 2003 (NCAA 2004). The added teams in 2005 have the Fall 2004 rosters. If EA keeps this up, we'll have 90-year-olds playing college football! :rolleyes:

Man, if I wanted to play with 90 year-olds I'd fire up Madden and play as the Raiders.

Zoo
November 9th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Man, if I wanted to play with 90 year-olds I'd fire up Madden and play as the Raiders.

LOL!

Seriously, I like playing with the I-AA teams then the I-A teams in NCAA 07, but, I hate how there are like 4 different stadium variations, and the fact they don't have all the teams, and that they underrate the I-AA players so serverly, and that that it's really hard to beat I-A teams with I-AA's. I did beat Stanford with Northeastern though, 38-34.:D

redbirdtim
November 9th, 2006, 08:17 PM
A few years ago, I think it was my 2004 game, I turned the 'Birds into a dynasty. They did underrate our guys, but it is an abomination what they have done with the rankings. We have a lot of players who should be 80s and 90s who are ranked like...52.

PantherRob82
November 10th, 2006, 06:27 PM
I created a "new" UNI last night with their logo, a different fight song, different jerseys and a new roster. It's nice not having to go in and rerate all the players.

SIUallDay
April 17th, 2007, 05:26 PM
well I just hope whoever is developing the game gets SIU'S uniforms right....the last game they had with SIU in it they had the Salukis in their 2003 uniforms with white tube socks......ugh....get the new uniforms!

youwouldno
April 17th, 2007, 06:15 PM
EA is a lousy company with declining products, IMO. I don't expect FCS to get any attention... quite honestly I'm not sure it even makes sense for them to do it, because they have trouble getting the rest of the game right.