Appalachian State... 4 0 0 7 1 0
Furman.............. 4 0 0 6 2 0
Georgia Southern.... 2 2 0 3 4 0
Wofford............. 2 2 0 3 4 0
The Citadel......... 2 2 0 2 5 0
Chattanooga......... 2 3 0 3 5 0
Elon................ 1 3 0 3 4 0
Western Carolina.... 0 5 0 2 5 0

While the SoCon may not have achieved A-10 parity, we are a little closer than most might think. Yes, two familiar names sit at the top, there is certainly a pile in the middle. And while those two at the top may not have lost in conference play, I think most would agree that the difference between the middle and the top has lessened.

Western Carolina @ Wofford. - -

Wofford seems to have played much better since the Furman game. Beat Citadel and Elon and played ASU very close. Western played Citadel tough in a very difficult place, but I can’t see the current trends reversing.

Wofford by 10.

Elon @Chattanooga

Both Teams are capable of playing very well and beating top teams in the conference. Both teams are also capable of slipping back into old habits. All part of the building process, I am picking this simply because of home field.

Chattanooga by 7.

GSU @ Citadel

The Eagles are in somewhat unfamiliar territory. They now have to play for pride instead of playoffs. That is a bigger task than most of us realize as Pride and Playoffs have been synonymous for GSU. The Citadel is getting better and they know it. They should be looking for a chance to knock off the name.

I fear that GSU’s pride game may be in a few more weeks.

Citadel by 3.

Furman @ Appalachian State
I have thought many times that I would not pick a score for this one. Should I take the Citdog approach, which is what fun is it to pick the other team. :eyebrow:

Injuries, superstitions, the Rock, Will Felton play? Will Gray play? Will Green Play?

Who knows. All I know is that I will be surprised if more than one touchdown decides it, (however, you will probably have few on this board pick blow out - - - - those people are not history majors:D )

Furman wins by two Going for Two

Go Apps
October 23rd, 2006, 10:36 AM
GSU - Citadel ...
GSU is getting better and I just don't see the Citadel stopping them GSU 27 Citadel 21

Elon - Chatt...
Elon is a very solid team and I see them winning again Elon 31 Chatt 28

Wofford - WCU
The slide gets worse for Western - Wofford 38 WCU 10

Furman - ASU
The game of the year - so many questions around injuries - I believe that Furman will be a bit healthier as I believe Armani's injury is worse than we know... Additionally ASU can't control the turnovers ...So much on the line and ASU can walk to the playoffs with a win -but I see Furman stealing one in Boone - Furman 31 ASU 26 (Please let me be wrong)

PaladinFan
October 23rd, 2006, 10:50 AM
GSU at Citadel: Citadel loves playing at home. They are just foolish enough to think they can beat GSU. And ya know, I think they might be right. Bulldogs 28- Eagles 24

Elon at Chattanooga: UTC was a good deal better than I thought they were. They did a good job of controlling Furman's ground game. Finishing in the middle of the SoCon pack would be big for them this year. Mocs 27- Phoenix 14

Wofford at WCU: Terriers are playing some solid football. I see them winning out. Terriers 27- Catamounts 17

Furman at Appalachian: There is no team in I-AA that has more to play for in this game than Furman. The Paladins have seemingly played an 8 game preseason to get to this point. ASU might be a tad bit better, but I think Furman just wants it more. Paladins 27- Mountaineers 23

B&G
October 23rd, 2006, 12:19 PM
GSU at Citadel -- GSU keeps getting better as does Citadel. I think this might be the week that Southern breaks through. GSU 21-17

Elon at 'Nooga -- I could see this going either way but I'll give the slight edge to the home team. UTC 23-20

Wofford at WCU -- The one blowout this week. Wofford 34-14

Furman at App -- Funny things seem to happen to the Pallies in Boone. I don't know about wanting it more but App has pretty much everything on their side incluing that home winning streak. If gambling has taught me anything it is that you win a lot by betting with the streak but can only win once betting against it. I will take App to continue the streak with some big D an assist from Trey Elder who will somehow make a big play. ASU 18-17

BeauFoster
October 23rd, 2006, 12:21 PM
I will take App to continue the streak with some big D an assist from Trey Elder who will somehow make a big play. ASU 18-17

Do you know something that we don't know about AE or are you speculating?

appisgreatest
October 23rd, 2006, 12:45 PM
If ASU is able to hold onto the ball, I think they will beat Furman but by no more than a touchdown. If they play like they did last week then we all no Furman will have this game.

OL FU
October 23rd, 2006, 12:47 PM
If ASU is able to hold onto the ball, I think they will beat Furman but by no more than a touchdown. If they play like they did last week then we all no Furman will have this game.

Please use this week whatever you washed your hands in last week:nod:

ASU Kep
October 23rd, 2006, 01:50 PM
Wofford by 14.
Elon by 10.
GSU by 3.

THE Game: App St v. Furman.

On the surface, this seems like one helluva tough game to call. Injuries abound in key positions on both sides (Edwards, Felton, Gray), both teams might have been caught "looking ahead" last weekend, Furman NEEDS to win this game to likely secure a playoff birth with their GSU match-up still looming while App St. NEEDS this game to secure home-field straight through Chatty. With the history here, it'd be wise to toss out the rankings, the Coastal loss, the injuries, and everything. Only one thing matters: this game is in BOONE. My prediction: App St. by two.

ASU - 39
FU - 37

App wins by the mandatory 2pt-conversion rule in 3OT. :D

Who knows?

ASU Kep
October 23rd, 2006, 01:57 PM
Do you know something that we don't know about AE or are you speculating?

Armanti banged up his knee in the 3Q against the Eagles. He continued to play (tough) but couldn't cut at all afterwards. He took some serious shots all day long. All I've heard is the injury has something to do with the MCL, it isn't that bad, but info will probably be hard to find. IMO, Coach Moore would be foolish indeed to announce just what how minor/severe the injury is until 5 minutes before gametime. Hell, we're having to prepare for both Gray and Sorrells, why not make you guys prepare for either Edwards or Elder?

If ya asked me, Edwards will be ready to play but Trey will be very, very ready to go in if he has trouble. It's nice having a back-up that you don't really have to worry about starting in a game of this magnitude.

HiHiYikas
October 23rd, 2006, 02:03 PM
I was skeptical about all the "parity" talk earlier in the season, but this weekend with it's 3 SoCon OT games provides a convincing argument for evenness in the conference.

The bottom line - I think we can expect 3 more close, hard-fought SoCon games this weekend.

GaSo ought to beat the Citadel, but I'm surprised if it's a blowout. GaSo by 7 or less.

It's tough to pick a winner in the Elon-UTC game. I'll say Elon, by 10 or less.

Wofford should have the easiest win of the week - Terriers over Catamounts, by, say 14-ish.

Furman at App State - part of me thinks the team that demolished UTC beats the team that nearly lost to UTC. If that were an accurate measurement, though, App's 45-13 victory over El Cid last year would have pointed to an easy Mountaineer win against the Paladins (who needed multiple OT's to lay the Cadets to rest).

The last time ASU and Furman met in Boone, a QB was hurt, the Paladins were underdogs, the implications were huge, and a shot at a championship was on the line. Remarkably similar story this time, with Edwards & Grey hurting and the SoCon title on the line. ASU won that last game by not 1, not 2, not 3, but 6 points. Of course, it went down to the wire.

My heart rate is up from just typing this post...I can only expect more of the same on Saturday - it's a squeaker, but I'm not betting against the streak. ASU wins, by 7 or less.

BeauFoster
October 23rd, 2006, 02:07 PM
If ya asked me, Edwards will be ready to play but Trey will be very, very ready to go in if he has trouble. It's nice having a back-up that you don't really have to worry about starting in a game of this magnitude.

Easy Kep, I am a 'Neer, too. I take serious offense to being lumped in with FU!:smiley_wi

Either way, I understand the "gamesmanship" of not releasing any info if you don't have to do so. I was just hoping to assuage my fears early in the week.

Black and Gold Express
October 23rd, 2006, 02:10 PM
Wofford will roll the Cats. They are easily the single biggest disappointment in the SoCon this year.

Elon will make a play for the #4 spot in the SoCon by the end of the year, they'll beat Chattanooga.

GSU is making leaps and bounds in their play. If last week was an indication of where they are, they are ahead of schedule in the transition in my book. Look out in '07. They'll beat the Bellhops this week.

And the only game that matters to me in all of college football this week...

This is going to be a game where neither team is 100%, and it looks like both the normal starting quarterbacks will play injured if they play at all. In ASU's play the last 2 weeks, it has been turnovers killing them. If you remove even half of them, we may have won the last two games by comfortable (2 scores+) margins. It just goes to show you how critical keeping ahold of the ball is.

Regardless of who Furman puts out there, the one constant in this game will be the ASU defense. Run or pass, we've shut down just about everyone we've faced. This week gives us a challenge we've not had this year, a true power back in Felton. And as was shown last year, he is a matchup problem for us a lot of times. I figure he's going to get some good tough yards and move the chains, probably bang a score in the end zone too.

On the flip side, Furman's defense is substandard to what we are all used to. They're still a good unit, but they have weaknesses. Especially against the pass. And for all we like to run out of the spread, we can pass the ball effectively when needed. William Mayfield is in the middle of a career year at wideout, and having Jackson, Courman, Batichon and Richardson out of the backfield makes for a lot of headaches, if the quarterback gets them the ball.

And that leads us to maybe the key to the game, who quarterbacks this one for ASU. It's my personal opinion that in this game, Trey Elder is best suited to send Furman home unhappy yet again. He's a much beter passer at this point, and he can spread it around. Also, he seems to better use what is easily our most underused asset on offense, TE Daniel Bettis. He's not near the runner Edwards is, but Edwards is hurt - how badly we don't know yet - and if he can't run, I don't think he's a good enough passer yet to offset that. (Note that I am talking about him right now as a freshman, I think he has all the upside in the world.)

History has proven that a large margin of victory is under 7 points. My heart says if there's a time in this recent series that there could be a big win, the matchups of our passing offense vs. Furman's passing defense could supply that. But until somebody cactually goes and lays down a woodshed beating, I'm not going to pick it.

If all goes well, Furman will have to try and win it going to the south endzone in the fourth quarter. That seals the deal for us as the Furman Jinx on that side rears up yet again.

Furman - 23
ASU - 27

OL FU
October 23rd, 2006, 02:22 PM
I did see parts of the GSU game last week.
I think Green will be a force down the road, heck he is already a good one.
But I agree, Elder would be the better choice against us.

ASU Kep
October 23rd, 2006, 02:56 PM
Easy Kep, I am a 'Neer, too. I take serious offense to being lumped in with FU!:smiley_wi

Either way, I understand the "gamesmanship" of not releasing any info if you don't have to do so. I was just hoping to assuage my fears early in the week.

Oops! :nonono2: :eek:

Hell, I'd be pissed too. Come up this weekend and I'll toss a beer your way. :nod: :)

OL FU
October 23rd, 2006, 02:59 PM
Easy Kep, I am a 'Neer, too. I take serious offense to being lumped in with FU!

But you would smell alot better:nod:

xlolx xlolx xlolx :o

ASU Kep
October 23rd, 2006, 03:00 PM
Wofford will roll the Cats. They are easily the single biggest disappointment in the SoCon this year.

Elon will make a play for the #4 spot in the SoCon by the end of the year, they'll beat Chattanooga.

GSU is making leaps and bounds in their play. If last week was an indication of where they are, they are ahead of schedule in the transition in my book. Look out in '07. They'll beat the Bellhops this week.

And the only game that matters to me in all of college football this week...

This is going to be a game where neither team is 100%, and it looks like both the normal starting quarterbacks will play injured if they play at all. In ASU's play the last 2 weeks, it has been turnovers killing them. If you remove even half of them, we may have won the last two games by comfortable (2 scores+) margins. It just goes to show you how critical keeping ahold of the ball is.

Regardless of who Furman puts out there, the one constant in this game will be the ASU defense. Run or pass, we've shut down just about everyone we've faced. This week gives us a challenge we've not had this year, a true power back in Felton. And as was shown last year, he is a matchup problem for us a lot of times. I figure he's going to get some good tough yards and move the chains, probably bang a score in the end zone too.

On the flip side, Furman's defense is substandard to what we are all used to. They're still a good unit, but they have weaknesses. Especially against the pass. And for all we like to run out of the spread, we can pass the ball effectively when needed. William Mayfield is in the middle of a career year at wideout, and having Jackson, Courman, Batichon and Richardson out of the backfield makes for a lot of headaches, if the quarterback gets them the ball.

And that leads us to maybe the key to the game, who quarterbacks this one for ASU. It's my personal opinion that in this game, Trey Elder is best suited to send Furman home unhappy yet again. He's a much beter passer at this point, and he can spread it around. Also, he seems to better use what is easily our most underused asset on offense, TE Daniel Bettis. He's not near the runner Edwards is, but Edwards is hurt - how badly we don't know yet - and if he can't run, I don't think he's a good enough passer yet to offset that. (Note that I am talking about him right now as a freshman, I think he has all the upside in the world.)

History has proven that a large margin of victory is under 7 points. My heart says if there's a time in this recent series that there could be a big win, the matchups of our passing offense vs. Furman's passing defense could supply that. But until somebody cactually goes and lays down a woodshed beating, I'm not going to pick it.

If all goes well, Furman will have to try and win it going to the south endzone in the fourth quarter. That seals the deal for us as the Furman Jinx on that side rears up yet again.

Furman - 23
ASU - 27

NCSU likes to think they've got a few pretty good power backs, and they're right. They got their yards, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I feared it might be heading in (granted, I also figured our offense would be further along :nonono2: ). Just my $.02 in that it's not like we havn't faced ANYTHING like Felton before this year. Our line is up to the challenge. Felton will get his carries and might even rack up 100 yards, but he's no unstoppable force.

walliver
October 23rd, 2006, 03:07 PM
Wofford
Elon
GSU beats Citadel in OT

The Big Game:
ASU won the last two games in Boone, but not convincingly - The Miracle on the Mountain and Ingle Martin slipping near the end zone. Three miracles in a row is hard to pull off. Furman 17-10.

KiddBrewer
October 23rd, 2006, 03:37 PM
ASU 89
Furman 2

OL FU
October 23rd, 2006, 03:38 PM
ASU 89
Furman 2

good un-biased opinion. :nod: :nod: :D

KiddBrewer
October 23rd, 2006, 03:39 PM
The Big Game:
ASU won the last two games in Boone, but not convincingly - The Miracle on the Mountain and Ingle Martin slipping near the end zone. Three miracles in a row is hard to pull off. Furman 17-10.

ha, does it have to be a "miracle" for the #1 in the nation to win at home? but i really dont know, cant tell with these two.....close, good, very cold game.........ASU 27 Furman 21

KiddBrewer
good un-biased opinion. :nod: :nod: :D

just a lil' humor OL FU, i quickly followed up.

OL FU
just a lil' humor OL FU, i quickly followed up.

I thought it was funny:D

KiddBrewer
October 23rd, 2006, 03:42 PM
hell i hope its a close/well played game all the way through......im tired of losing interest after halftime because the games out of reach (except wofford, thanks for a semi-good game) and/or hangover setting in.

OL FU
October 23rd, 2006, 03:52 PM
Link to Furman's game release

http://www.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/furm/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/weekly-release

About half way through is a one pager with a brief description of 17 thriller games. :nod: :nod: starting with 1972 and ending last year

OL FU
October 23rd, 2006, 04:02 PM
The last time Furman won in Boone was 1996 which I think was the last time ASU won at Paulson........................................... until this year:D

OL FU
October 23rd, 2006, 04:14 PM
Link to Furman's game release

http://www.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/furm/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/weekly-release

About half way through is a one pager with a brief description of 17 thriller games. :nod: :nod: starting with 1972 and ending last year

After reading this, I am beginning to remember why I don't like you bastages.:eyebrow: :nod: :p :D

kirkblitz
October 23rd, 2006, 05:22 PM
furman app state game is going to be on tv on turner south. 631 on directv

furman by 14 btw

BeauFoster
October 23rd, 2006, 05:26 PM
Oops! :nonono2: :eek:

Hell, I'd be pissed too. Come up this weekend and I'll toss a beer your way. :nod: :)

I will be in Duncan lot, red Taurus, 20 ft flag pole with NC flag a-flyin'!

Mountaineer#96
October 23rd, 2006, 05:26 PM
screw the rest of the SOCON, this week you don't matter.......sorry I'll see you guys again next week.

THE GAME:

Furman vs. App. State - The Furmanites think that because that safety was on MTV they can win this one in Boone.....get ready to cry :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: on the way back to Greenville again......

The jinx/voodoo/miracle carries on. Felton fumbles with the game on the line, and ASU wins. I agree either Elder or our defense makes the big play to win it here.

ASU -24
FU-20

BeauFoster
October 23rd, 2006, 05:27 PM
But you would smell alot better:nod:

xlolx xlolx xlolx :o

I will take the stinch (sp?) of victory over defeat any day!:hurray:

Mountaineer#96
October 23rd, 2006, 05:30 PM

furman by 14 btw

You only say that because your boys beat them............or you still got that bad taste is your mouth from the beating you guys took at "the Rock" last year.

ASU Kep
October 23rd, 2006, 05:33 PM
If anybody's interested (App fans), Richie Williams is abotu to be on Sports Yapp on WASU. It's 7-8 and if your not in Boone, wasurocks.com. I know this has nothing to do with THIS year's ASU/Vermin contest, but I didn't want to start a thread for something that starts in 1/2 hour, ya know?
Should be interesting. He threw a TD to DaVon last week in the CFL.

The Cats
October 23rd, 2006, 05:37 PM
screw the rest of the SOCON, this week you don't matter.......sorry I'll see you guys again next week.

Just one more reason the Catamounts will be pulling for FU. Tweetsie Tech needs to eat a little humble pie, which the Purple Paladins will feed to them in large doses. xsmileyclapx

FU 21
Appy State 3

:hurray:

Mountaineer#96
October 23rd, 2006, 05:42 PM
Just one more reason the Catamounts will be pulling for FU. Tweetsie Tech needs to eat a little humble pie, which the Purple Paladins will feed to them in large doses. xsmileyclapx

FU 21
Appy State 3

I hope when we visit you in a few weeks you see the Tweetsie first hand as it steam rolls down the tracks right through your defense for a 35 plus lead by half.

PaladinFan
October 23rd, 2006, 05:42 PM
Someone brought up how badly ASU beat UTC and how close Furman clipped them. Well, for what it's worth...

FU and ASU have two common opponents, Wofford and Chattanooga. In their Chattanooga game, ASU racked up 594 yrds of offense while Furman managed a healthy 482 yrds. UTC was able to put 358 yrds on ASU's defense (probably while some starters were sitting) while they only managed 297 against Furman. ASU wins 56-21 and FU wins 28-22

Against Wofford, Furman put up 301 yrds of offense to Wofford's 232 while ASU managed 347 against their 297. Furman wins 35-21 and ASU takes theirs 14-7.

How UTC managed to make that game close with that kind of yardage disparity is a testament to their toughness. However, if you plow inside the numbers against the only two opponents both teams have played, the games are eeriely similar.

fuEMO
October 23rd, 2006, 05:51 PM
I'm glad the APP faithfull have all this confidence in their "rock" the Mountaineer defense. I don't think Felton will be the matchup problem for APP this game. I think it will be Renaldo Gray, Furman's success will be in the hands of Gray. The only person who knows Gray's status for sure is Bobby. If Gray is mobile and he can run the offensive sets that we've seen him run I like Furman's chances. If healthy Furman will run power, misdirection and the spread against APP. I think Furman's real chance is to run between the tackles and not be afraid to take on Murrell on the edge.

SirApp
October 23rd, 2006, 05:53 PM
Just another testament to how eerily close the upcoming game will be and how eerily close the series has been between these two teams. Hopefully, we'll have everyone at 100% for this game, on both teams.

Not gonna make a prediction on the ASU-FU game, but as for the other games:

Wofford-WCU: Wofford by 14
Elon-Chatty: Elon by 6
GSU-Citadel: GSU by 3

kirkblitz
October 23rd, 2006, 05:53 PM
You only say that because your boys beat them............or you still got that bad taste is your mouth from the beating you guys took at "the Rock" last year.

i say that because i honestly feel furman is the better team. I know we just barely got by them and i fully expect them to make it to the semis in the playoffs assuming they dont play us :smiley_wi

psc2445
October 23rd, 2006, 06:02 PM
i say that because i honestly feel furman is the better team. I know we just barely got by them and i fully expect them to make it to the semis in the playoffs assuming they dont play us :smiley_wi

and when they beat us you will be transitive #1 in the country:hurray:

my prediction

us 31

fu 27

close the whole way(with that in mind i think it may come down to who wins the special teams battle). ko or punt return could prove to be the difference:twocents:

kirkblitz
October 23rd, 2006, 06:06 PM
and when they beat us you will be transitive #1 in the country:hurray:

xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

ASU Kep
October 23rd, 2006, 06:38 PM
Uh-oh, Paladins. Just heard his interview on the radio, Richie is going to be there this Saturday.

The Cats
October 23rd, 2006, 06:52 PM
I hope when we visit you in a few weeks you see the Tweetsie first hand as it steam rolls down the tracks right through your defense for a 35 plus lead by half.

Talk is cheap, anyone can do it. And you better worry about FU, rather than losing the jug in November. Looking forward to Tweetsie Tech coming to town.

Saint3333
October 23rd, 2006, 07:11 PM

furman by 14 btw

If the Furman team that plays CCU comes to Boone, ASU will roll.

I think like every team we'll get Furman's best game of the year.

Keys to the game will be stopping Furman's rushing attack and Edwards finding the 2nd and 3rd receivers, they've been open all year.

HiHiYikas
October 23rd, 2006, 08:12 PM
Someone brought up how badly ASU beat UTC and how close Furman clipped them. Well, for what it's worth...
I mentioned it as an apparent but ultimately useless predictor of what should happen on Saturday, noting also that last year's respective ASU/Furman vs. Citadel scores would have pointed to ASU beating Furman in the regular season. That didn't happen.

Mountaineer#96
October 23rd, 2006, 08:22 PM
There are just too many other factors that points, yards, and numbers do not do justice.

1. Home field ........edge to ASU for sure

2. Pride.......... about even, both teams know what this game means

3. Coaching........edge to Furman here

4. Special Teams..........edge to ASU

As a former ASU player I can honestly say Furman is one of the best coached 1-AA teams in the country.

LarryBoy
October 23rd, 2006, 08:31 PM
Special teams is a huge factor, and scary one for Furman. The fact that we're all relieved/excited that we were able to make two field goals last weekend tells the story.

(I'm good friends with Scott Beckler...great guy, so I could never speak poorly of him. But he seems to have caught the special teams bug just like everyone else, let's just say that.)

Anyways, I expect it to be close, but I unfortunately can't predict a win for the purple guys. We haven't played a solid 4 quarters since Western, and Western helped out a good bit on that one. We've been a good enough team to get by most of the time, but there will be no getting by this Saturday.

I was encouraged by the heart I saw last Saturday. I thought for sure the season was over at a minute and a half left, especially with Felton pad-less on the bench. There's something about a victory like that that gives you another chance. Let's just hope that the fire we saw then carries over.

As far as QB's: I think with Jordan at QB, we can stay close (he did just throw for 335 yards, after all); but with Renaldo at QB, our offense has the chance to run on all cylinders. That's what we'll need to win.

Best of luck to both teams on Saturday.

Nah, nevermind I don't mean that. Best of...health....to both teams on Saturday....?

Mountaineer#96
October 23rd, 2006, 08:34 PM
as long as they don't go for two at least......

ASUMountaineer
October 23rd, 2006, 08:47 PM

FU 21
Appy State 3

At least "Tweetsie Tech" is a college unlike Cullowhee High School. It's cool though, in the last two seasons we're 4-1 against purple I-AA teams...I'll take App's chances in Boone this weekend. Julian Rauch kicks a game winning field goal to win by...you guessed it...two.

Appalachian 30
Furman 28

ASUMountaineer
October 23rd, 2006, 08:49 PM

FU 21
Appy State 3

At least "Tweetsie Tech" is a college unlike Cullowhee High School. It's cool though, in the last two seasons we're 4-1 against purple I-AA teams...I'll take App's chances in Boone this weekend. Julian Rauch kicks a game winning field goal to win by...you guessed it...two.

Appalachian 30
Furman 28

ASUMountaineer
October 23rd, 2006, 08:50 PM

FU 21
Appy State 3

Appalachian 30
Furman 28

ASUMountaineer
October 23rd, 2006, 08:51 PM

FU 21
Appy State 3

Appalachian 30
Furman 28

catamount man
October 23rd, 2006, 09:17 PM
Wofford-45
WCU-7 (Hate it, but that's life, prove me wrong Briggs)

Elon-31
UTC-28

GSU-27
Citadel-23

Furman-21
ASU-28

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

PaladinFan
October 23rd, 2006, 09:51 PM
It has been interesting. Furman has been playing this "Renaldo Gray injury situation" very cagey. The fans seem to think he will play, but there has been nothing to that regard posted in the papers. In fact, the papers seem skeptical of Felton and Gray's return.

This might be purposeful on BL's part. Does Moore give more attention to a 200 lbs thrower who can put the ball anywhere on the field, or two a 230 lbs behmoth that runs the option with the best of them...or, heaven forbid, BOTH. Unlike last year where one could focus on an offense that was the "Ingle Martin Show," this might be a clever ploy...

Similarly, planning for Felton's backup can be difficult. Brantley Kendall is not as big nor as strong, but he's just as tough as a runner and is a far superior pass catcher with more speed. I'd wager he'd start for every other team in the SoCon.

Kiss My Apps
October 23rd, 2006, 10:23 PM
Wow... where do I start.

My feeling is that Armanti will be OK, according to reports on the MMB, he practiced today. If he was questionable for this weekend, you gotta think that they would have at least held him out until at least Wednesday.

It is gonna be FREEZING in Boone this weekend. Early projections are highs in the mid to upper 30s with snow. We got our first snow today, and we'll practice in harsh conditions all week. The Furmies will be enjoying 60 degree weather preparing for the "Rock". Will this make a difference? Maybe and probably not but in what has proven to be a rivalry that comes down to a few points, every factor must be considered.

Offensively, we have got to get over whatever has been stunting our production the past two weeks. The turnover bug (currently last in the SoCon) will be our undoing, improved concentration is a must. Only three receivers caught passes last week, ridiculous considering the talent we possess at all skill positions.

Defensively, we're as good as it gets. No I-AA team has been able to execute their offense against us this season, and I don't expect that to change this Saturday.

The Rock will be insane. I cannot remember a game that has generated this much anticipation and excitement. We're 5 days out, and less than 700 seats remain. A crowd of 25,000 is almost guaranteed, regardless of weather.

Screw Chapel Hill, Furman hasn't played in front of a crowd that bears any sort of resemblence to what they will see this weekend.

Neither QB for Furman has had to face a serious conference rivalry road game.

Most importantly... its freakin' BLACK SATURDAY!!!

Appalachian State Mountaineers 24

Furman Paladins 14

PaladinFan
October 23rd, 2006, 10:31 PM
Two points:

First, it's cold in Greenville too. I doubt weather will adversely affect the Paladins. We aren't the running team, remember? Can you imagine hitting Felton in 30 degrees? ::shudder::

Second: You forget that Furman didn't graduate too many players off last year's team. The team that steps on the field at Boone has already been there done that. If there is one team that shouldn't be intimidated by the Rock, it's Furman.

Death Dealer
October 23rd, 2006, 10:56 PM
KMA has some good points...I hope he's wrong.

I see Wofford, Elon, and GSU coming away victorious. I suck at guessing scores, so I won't.

Furman is going to win....I just know it. My son was born tonight a 19:59 hours. He was 8lbs. 1oz., 21.25" long. Both he and his mother are resting nicely at the hospital as we speak. I know that God is good and he wouldn't let my 'dins lose on the week my son was born!:thumbsup: :nod:

Mountaineer
October 23rd, 2006, 10:58 PM
Congratulations Death Dealer! :hurray: :hurray:

Too bad the kid has to be brought up a Paladin. :thumbsup:

No prediction from me regarding the game. I'm scared to death quite honestly. Heart says ASU will win, but I really don't know.. :o

Death Dealer
October 23rd, 2006, 11:04 PM
Congratulations Death Dealer! :hurray: :hurray:

Too bad the kid has to be brought up a Paladin. :thumbsup:

Don't worry Moutaineer. His Aunt Kim (my big sister) will make sure and corrupt his mind with all sorts of crAPPY fodder....you see, she's a "Child of Boone" like you. You just can't pick your family!:smiley_wi I love her despite her faults.xlolx

rb45070
October 23rd, 2006, 11:19 PM
IMO this is the game of the year regardless of the conference. The thing that really sucks about this game is the fact that both teams have health concerns. Will Gray and Felton play? What about Armanti? No one really knows. I just hate that some fans more than likely are gonna blame an injury for why they lost. I love ASU more than anything, but i can see the fan now saying "if Armanti was 100 percent..." But the game has to be decided on the field. So with all this being said, this is gonna be a brutal dog-fight. ASU has major issues holding onto the ball right now and the o-line has been a little off as of late. Furman, as always, will have a great crowd that will follow. And I think that unfortunately, ASU's streak comes to an end. I pray that I'm wrong but my prediction is:

FU 24
ASU 20

Dont hate me Mountaineer faithful, I just pick with my gut and I dont have too good of a feeling this week.

BTW congrats DeathDealer, Im sure you will have him out tailgating by the playoffs ;)

Appdad
October 23rd, 2006, 11:22 PM
Two points:

First, it's cold in Greenville too. I doubt weather will adversely affect the Paladins. We aren't the running team, remember? Can you imagine hitting Felton in 30 degrees? ::shudder::

Second: You forget that Furman didn't graduate too many players off last year's team. The team that steps on the field at Boone has already been there done that. If there is one team that shouldn't be intimidated by the Rock, it's Furman.

You forgot about rain/snow resulting in ice near the goal line...

Appdad
October 23rd, 2006, 11:26 PM

I see Wofford, Elon, and GSU coming away victorious. I suck at guessing scores, so I won't.

Furman is going to win....I just know it. My son was born tonight a 19:59 hours. He was 8lbs. 1oz., 21.25" long. Both he and his mother are resting nicely at the hospital as we speak. I know that God is good and he wouldn't let my 'dins lose on the week my son was born!:thumbsup: :nod:

Your son was born 20 minutes ago and you are on AGS??????????

You may be soon living with your sister so you better watch out what you say about her...

Death Dealer
October 23rd, 2006, 11:42 PM
Your son was born 20 minutes ago and you are on AGS??????????

You may be soon living with your sister so you better watch out what you say about her...

xlolx xlolx no, 1959 is 7:59 p.m. civie time.....I left them both sleeping soundly in their room at 10:00pm. I will be returning to see them at 0600. xcoffeex I won't get any sleep tonight (I'm too excited :hurray: ), but I left them so that they could (they were both exhausted...they had a hard day).

Oh, and don't worry too much about my sis...I didn't say anything she hasn't already said about me first.xlolx xlolx xlolx

KiddBrewer
October 24th, 2006, 12:18 AM
its bout 5 days til game time and man alive am i already pumped as can be. it can be raining, snowing, sleeting, hailing, tornadoes outside the stadium, regardless its the rock and its gonna be rockin, hopefully from both sides. get your tickets fast if you havent already, its going to be a ride.

AndrewFU21
October 24th, 2006, 12:46 AM
My two biggest concerns about the game are ASU's passing offense vs. our D and our running game vs. their D.

Regarding the former, I believe our secondary is good, but has trouble with good, big receivers. UNC-CH's receivers killed us, as did Simpson of CCU and Johnson of Chattanooga. I see that Mayfield is having a great year up in Boone, and his 6-2 height worries me. App runs an offense that is similar to what we saw against El Cid, but with obviously much better athletes. Edwards seems to be a great young player, but Elder's arm scares me more. Has ASU's turnover trouble been a product of Edwards making mistakes, or fumbles, or what?

On the other side of the ball, we need to run effectively to win. The offensive line is not near what it was last year, and we aren't able to run down people's throat when they are expecting it. Obviously, having a healthy Reynaldo Gray would be excellent for the running game, because it gives us so many more things we can do. With Gray, we had been running a lot of wing-type sets, with ton of options, pitches, and more misdirection. With Sorrells, it has been mostly I-formation stuff and essentially no option. Gray has suited up, but not played, for the past two weeks, and I think he will be ready on Saturday.

Basically, I have no idea what to expect, except that both teams will bring their best game to the field. With this rivalry, you just know something completely unpredictable will happen.

youwouldno
October 24th, 2006, 02:38 AM
App St vs. Furman

This is a tough game to figure. Last year Furman's offense moved the ball well against App St-- netting over 500 yards in the semis-- but made too many mistakes. In the last few years, the series has tended to be a relatively high-scoring type of game. But this season, both teams have some issues on offense, starting at the QB position. I have no idea what Edwards' status is, but if he can't run at full speed he won't be in there. Elder is pretty good but he can be turnover-prone. That's significant because App St has beaten Furman recently by winning the turnover battle and thus preventing Furman's offense from inflicting as much damage as they could have. This is a game without Williams and Martin, and that really changes the dynamic for both sides.

When App St has the ball:

App St has played poorly on offense for two straight weeks, though turnovers have been a big part of the problem. The Mountaineers will be facing an improved Furman defense from last year, though one that still has vulnerabilities. I wonder though if App is well positioned to take advantage of them. If Elder plays, it may be more difficult to stop Furman's front 7 from keying in on Richardson. The Paladins are pretty good against the run.

Furman has had problems against the pass, though the stats don't really show it. Teams have been able to convert a lot of third-and-longs and Furman will lose if that continues against App St. That said, App St's QB issues could pose a problem. Elder hasn't played much of late and he lacks the insticts Richie brought to the table. App St has good speed at WR but it's been more physical receivers that have given Furman the most trouble, so slowing Mayfield is a priority. He isn't as good as CCU's Simpson in jump ball situations but is fundamentally sound and big.

When Furman has the ball:

Furman's offense has not been the problem against App St of late, but then, this offense isn't performing up to those former levels right now. Sorrells is listed as the starter and he is inexperienced. He is a talented player though with excellent intangibles and good passing accuracy. He cannot afford to make bad decisions. Furman has an underrated WR corps, with R-Fr RJ Webb becoming a big part of the offense. App has a good secondary but Furman's O-line should protect Sorrells enough that he will be able to make his reads.

The key to the game is probably Furman's ability to rush the ball. App St prioritizes speed over size and thus matches up poorly against Jerome Felton. Felton's health is a question mark, though there is optimism that he will be ready to go. If he is, Furman's offense will rely on him to wear out App St's defense, ideally putting together long drives that eat up clock time. His backup is a very good player-- he would start at TB or FB for many I-AA teams-- but he is not physically dominating like Felton.

Note

There is limited info publically available on either team's starting QB. It is possible one or both will see extensive playing time. Obviously one team could have an advantage if the starter is at full speed.

By Position

QB: Even
RB: FU
WR: Even
OL: Even
DL: App St
LB: Even
DB: App St
ST: App St
Coach: App St

App St is the favorite but anything could happen. Guess:

Furman 21
App St 20

ASU Kep
October 24th, 2006, 03:39 AM
WR = even? You wish, and I'd say we have a slight advantage at LB this year, too. Our O-Line, while very capable, hasn't been playing very well lately for some reason, so I might give ya'll the outright edge there though.

IMO, turnovers will decide this game, forget the posistion breakdowns. :)

thirdgendin
October 24th, 2006, 05:45 AM
WR = even? You wish, and I'd say we have a slight advantage at LB this year, too. Our O-Line, while very capable, hasn't been playing very well lately for some reason, so I might give ya'll the outright edge there though.

Kep, give us some WR breakdowns then. Why do "we wish" that our WRs are better this season?

It appears that Mayfield may be tops in the group, but Furman could have a deeper group of WRs.

PaladinFan
October 24th, 2006, 06:32 AM

No way ASU has a better linebacking group. Furman is Linebacker-U. As for WRs, they are an unhearalded group. I still think Justin Stepp is the best pass catcher in the league and RJ Webb has the ability to change this game on a dime.

We'll give you WRs, but you have to concede the linebackers. :)

DD, congrats on the newborn. Never hurts to have another Paladin fan.

OL FU
October 24th, 2006, 06:51 AM

Congratulations DD.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?p=317989#post317989

SoCon48
October 24th, 2006, 10:31 AM
No way ASU has a better linebacking group. Furman is Linebacker-U. As for WRs, they are an unhearalded group. I still think Justin Stepp is the best pass catcher in the league and RJ Webb has the ability to change this game on a dime.

We'll give you WRs, but you have to concede the linebackers. :)

DD, congrats on the newborn. Never hurts to have another Paladin fan.

TACKLES (All positions)
Player Team Cl G Pos Solo Ast Total Avg/G Sack
-----------------------------------------------------------
1. Chad Nkang..... ELON SR 7 LB 30 50 80 11.4 2.0
2. Andrew Jones... FUR JR 8 LB 31 53 84 10.5 1.0 3. John Mohring... GSU SR 6 LB 39 19 58 9.7 2.0
4. Joshua Lawson.. CIT JR 7 DB 28 37 65 9.3 0.0
5. Justin Franklin WOF SR 7 LB 24 36 60 8.6 2.0
6. Danny Boback... ELON JR 7 LB 26 30 56 8.0 0.0
7. Andrew Rowell.. CIT JR 7 LB 23 32 55 7.9 2.0
Corey Weaver... ELON SO 7 LB 19 36 55 7.9 1.0
9. Pierre Banks... ASU JR 8 LB 30 31 61 7.6 0.0 10.Seth Goldwire.. WOF SO 7 LB 22 31 53 7.6 2.5
11.Chris Johnson.. UTC JR 8 LB 34 23 57 7.1 0.5
12.Shelton Gaffney WCU SR 7 LB 26 23 49 7.0 0.0
13.Kadeem Morgan.. WCU FR 7 LB 27 20 47 6.7 0.0
14.Kevin Adleman.. WOF JR 7 LB 23 23 46 6.6 1.0
15.Evan Hermanson. UTC SR 6 LB 24 15 39 6.5 1.0
16.Dan Tavani..... WOF JR 7 DB 25 20 45 6.4 0.0
17.Jeremy Wiggins. ASU SR 8 DB 18 33 51 6.4 0.0
18.Kyle Horne..... WOF JR 7 LB 12 31 43 6.1 4.0
19.Marques Murrell ASU SR 8 DL 18 31 49 6.1 6.0
Corey Lynch.... ASU JR 8 DB 26 23 49 6.1 0.0
21.Jonathan Vest.. CIT SO 7 DB 22 20 42 6.0 1.0
22.Monte Smith.... ASU SR 8 LB 21 26 47 5.9 0.5
23.Cam Speer...... ASU JR 7 LB 16 25 41 5.9 0.0 24.Mordy Ornguze.. WCU JR 7 LB 14 26 40 5.7 1.0
25.Jeremy Blocker. FUR SR 8 DB 24 21 45 5.6 0.0

youwouldno
October 24th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Tackles are a meaningless stat, which any serious football fan should know.

WRs: App St does have a little more depth because of their offensive system, but the gap here isn't big enough to say they have an advantage. Stepp is as good as there is in the SoCon, while Sprague and Webb are both very solid #2 guys.

LBs: Here Furman has more depth, so the starting OLBs have fewer tackles than the App St guys. That said there has been some inconsistency at those spots for the Paladins. Jones is the best LB between the two teams. So Furman definitely has the edge up the middle, the most important position on a defense, while App St might have a slight edge on the outside.

So far as the O-line, last year Furman's was a tick better but this year both units are down a bit.

AndrewFU21
October 24th, 2006, 02:23 PM
I'm not sold on ASU have better LB's. That position is the strength of our defense, IMO, and we really have 4/5 guys that are good enough to start in our 4-3 defense. The reason why nobody aside from Andrew Jones has great stats is because a lot of guys get playing time.

Appdad
October 24th, 2006, 02:46 PM

WRs: App St does have a little more depth because of their offensive system, but the gap here isn't big enough to say they have an advantage. Stepp is as good as there is in the SoCon, while Sprague and Webb are both very solid #2 guys.

LBs: Here Furman has more depth, so the starting OLBs have fewer tackles than the App St guys. That said there has been some inconsistency at those spots for the Paladins. Jones is the best LB between the two teams. So Furman definitely has the edge up the middle, the most important position on a defense, while App St might have a slight edge on the outside.

So far as the O-line, last year Furman's was a tick better but this year both units are down a bit.

You guys are right. I don't know why we should even play the game. Can we quickly transfer to the Big South?

Appdad
October 24th, 2006, 02:48 PM
I'm not sold on ASU have better LB's. That position is the strength of our defense, IMO, and we really have 4/5 guys that are good enough to start in our 4-3 defense. The reason why nobody aside from Andrew Jones has great stats is because a lot of guys get playing time.

You are right. I hope App can even get a field goal against you guys. It would be embarrassing to be shut out on TV.

Appdad
October 24th, 2006, 02:53 PM
It has been interesting. Furman has been playing this "Renaldo Gray injury situation" very cagey. The fans seem to think he will play, but there has been nothing to that regard posted in the papers. In fact, the papers seem skeptical of Felton and Gray's return.

This might be purposeful on BL's part. Does Moore give more attention to a 200 lbs thrower who can put the ball anywhere on the field, or two a 230 lbs behmoth that runs the option with the best of them...or, heaven forbid, BOTH. Unlike last year where one could focus on an offense that was the "Ingle Martin Show," this might be a clever ploy...

Similarly, planning for Felton's backup can be difficult. Brantley Kendall is not as big nor as strong, but he's just as tough as a runner and is a far superior pass catcher with more speed. I'd wager he'd start for every other team in the SoCon.

I am sure the majority of your team would start for UNC-Ch much less the teams in the SoCon.

OL FU
October 24th, 2006, 02:54 PM
I am sure the majority of your team would start for UNC-Ch much less the teams in the SoCon.

mmmm, Probably Ohio St:nod: :smiley_wi

Appdad
October 24th, 2006, 02:57 PM
mmmm, Probably Ohio St:nod: :smiley_wi

OSU may be a stretch. I was thinking Clemson.

OL FU
October 24th, 2006, 02:59 PM
OSU may be a stretch. I was thinking Clemson.

You are probably right

Although most of my fellow Paladins will think I have insulted them

Death Dealer
October 24th, 2006, 03:57 PM
FU is guaranteed a win! We've got a secret weapon!
He's 8lbs of purple fury, baby! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :bow:

OL FU
October 24th, 2006, 04:05 PM

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Post it on your thread in the lounge also:nod:

Yep that's a winner

SirApp
October 24th, 2006, 04:11 PM
That picture is priceless :nod:

Congrats on your new bundle o' joy, DD.

Not sure about that guarantee tho :smiley_wi

youwouldno
October 24th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Appdad- I had 9 categories. 4 I said were App St advantage, 4 even, 1 Furman advantage.

So yes, obviously by that I meant App St was the worst team in the history of football. Sure.

ASU Kep
October 24th, 2006, 05:03 PM

I call your cute baby mojo and raise you some Richie Williams magic. We don't lose with that guy anywhere near KBS. :nod:

Death Dealer
October 24th, 2006, 05:54 PM
I call your cute baby mojo and raise you some Richie Williams magic. We don't lose with that guy anywhere near KBS. :nod:

Come on Kep, you know there is no way to trump "cute baby mojo"!!!!! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

ASUguru
October 24th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it really doesn't matter who Furman brings to the Rock. The past 4 times, we've beaten them. You can bring Ingle Martin, Renaldo Gray, Jordan Sorrells, Billy Napier, Justin Hill, etc. The bottom line is THEY JUST CAN'T GET IT DONE!!!! Not that's it their fault, I mean, there haven't been a lot of teams that have been able to win in Boone. 23 in a row to be exact.... Is it the weather? the fans? What is it that keeps others from winning in Boone? It might just be that ASU has one of the best college football programs in the country. So, all you FU fans -- Good Luck. You're gonna need it.

I'll be there on Saturday to see ASU knock down #24 in a row.

Prediction: ASU 24 / Furman 14

LarryBoy
October 24th, 2006, 07:15 PM
The "home winning streak" card isn't a good one to play. If I remember correctly, Georgia Southern had an insane home winning streak going into the 2001 playoffs, and also had never been beaten in the playoffs at home. Napier and the boys in purple put an end to that.

I'm not saying that will happen Saturday. I'm just saying out of all of the reasons that ASU could win Saturday, the number 23 isn't one of them.

FU97
October 24th, 2006, 07:42 PM
The "home winning streak" card isn't a good one to play. If I remember correctly, Georgia Southern had an insane home winning streak going into the 2001 playoffs, and also had never been beaten in the playoffs at home. Napier and the boys in purple put an end to that.

I'm not saying that will happen Saturday. I'm just saying out of all of the reasons that ASU could win Saturday, the number 23 isn't one of them.

Especially since Appy just reversed a road losing streak of their own last week........

KiddBrewer
October 24th, 2006, 08:58 PM
i dont even wanna play that card in this one, truth be known.

PaladinFan
October 24th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Isn't Furman's record in Boone 8-8-2? Next.

catamount man
October 24th, 2006, 09:05 PM

Congrats from the Catamount family!:) xsmileyclapx :hurray:

MountaineerDrive
October 24th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Apparently Death Dealer is a Life Giver too, congratulations. And I hope that's the last time I say that to a Furman fan this week.

PaladinFan
October 24th, 2006, 09:32 PM
can we get a picture actually wearing the Death Dealer garb?

Appdad
October 24th, 2006, 09:40 PM

But the reason App has won 23 is worth considering, isn't it":)

Death Dealer
October 24th, 2006, 09:41 PM
can we get a picture actually wearing the Death Dealer garb?
Working on it! xlolx :thumbsup:

BULLDOG8180
October 24th, 2006, 09:47 PM

I guess that shows how much you know!:D

But, I beg to differ, tackles are very important stat in determining the quality of a LB. It certainly isn't the only thing- but it is worthy to look at.

But I will say- that just because someone has more tackles, doesn't mean they are better, (I think that may be what youwouldno is implying.)

Appdad
October 24th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Appdad- I had 9 categories. 4 I said were App St advantage, 4 even, 1 Furman advantage.

So yes, obviously by that I meant App St was the worst team in the history of football. Sure.

I am sorry and I apologize to you. I was taking rankings from all the Furman posts on this thread. Not yours alone. In fact I took more from others in formulating my conclusions :o :eyebrow: :smiley_wi

BULLDOG8180
October 24th, 2006, 09:51 PM

If you want, I got a little BULLDOG hat I can send you, and your son won't have to wear that sissy purple one.:D

Appdad
October 24th, 2006, 09:54 PM
I guess that shows how much you know!:D

But, I beg to differ, tackles are very important stat in determining the quality of a LB. It certainly isn't the only thing- but it is worthy to look at.

But I will say- that just because someone has more tackles, doesn't mean they are better, (I think that may be what youwouldno is implying.)

I coached for 17 years and I thought I was a serious fan. However, youwouldno, my dog, my wife and my children do relish making fun of me :)

Appdad
October 24th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Working on it! xlolx :thumbsup:

My congratulations to you as well!

It sure looks like you have a best budddy for the rest of your life!

Just remember, time does fly. Try to make memories every day.

youwouldno
October 24th, 2006, 10:55 PM
Tackles are of very limited use. Example: Team A has 3 LBs. 2 are incredible and 1 is below average. Which way do you think Team B is going to run? The weaker LB will get more chances to make a tackle and thus will have a misleading total. The vice-versa also applies.

Example 2: Team A has one ROLB that's great against the run and another that's better in coverage. They split time so that the best player is on the field for a given situation. Both are good but the end result is fewer tackles for both.

Example 3: Team A has a great offense that chews up clock and keeps the other team off the field. Thus Team A's defense has fewer plays and thus totals fewer tackles.

I mean, a difference of a few tackles is totally meaningless. Sure, 120 is a lot different from 10. But you have to take into account a lot of factors when you compare tackles, which was the reason for my initial comment.

Death Dealer
October 24th, 2006, 11:25 PM
My congratulations to you as well!

It sure looks like you have a best budddy for the rest of your life!

Just remember, time does fly. Try to make memories every day.

Thanks for the advice AppDad.:thumbsup: Made some today, gonna make some more tomorrow....taking a few days off from the office to get the big boy settled in at home with his two big sisters. Man are they excited....they can't wait to start bossing him around.xlolx xlolx

Death Dealer
October 24th, 2006, 11:26 PM
If you want, I got a little BULLDOG hat I can send you, and your son won't have to wear that sissy purple one.:D

I wouldn't wipe his ass with that rag....well on second thought, send it on up....I might run low on wipes...always good to have something to wipe up puke with...xlolx xlolx

citdog
October 25th, 2006, 07:07 AM
It is a rare thing indeed to see a family once infected with the Vermin Virus ever recover enough balls to have a Citadel Man in it.:D

OL FU
October 25th, 2006, 07:48 AM
Furman quarterback Renaldo Gray said Tuesday that his recovery from an ankle injury is "90 to 95 percent" complete, and head coach Bobby Lamb said that the junior from Greenwood will start this weekend against Appalachian State.

http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061025/SPORTS0103/610250388/1027

AppGuy04
October 25th, 2006, 07:57 AM
http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061025/SPORTS0103/610250388/1027

Who would you rather see start OL?

OL FU
October 25th, 2006, 08:08 AM
Who would you rather see start OL?

If Felton is playing, Gray. He strengthens our running game.

If Felton is not playing it might be a toss up however Gray as a junior doesn't seem to make the mistakes. Also, we have really only seen Gray pass alot in the UNC game so it is difficult to compare him to Sorrells who has pass significantly in most games.

gsugt1
October 25th, 2006, 08:41 AM
App 35
Furman 17

Appdad
October 25th, 2006, 12:22 PM
If Felton is playing, Gray. He strengthens our running game.

If Felton is not playing it might be a toss up however Gray as a junior doesn't seem to make the mistakes. Also, we have really only seen Gray pass alot in the UNC game so it is difficult to compare him to Sorrells who has pass significantly in most games.

Do you think Felton is going to play? I do?

I think that boy has the mentality of an interior lineman. He'll suck it up and play. The only way he doesn't play is if the coaches hide his equipment. Even then I'd hate to be the guy on the team the same size as him as I am sure Felton would fight him for his equipment!

OL FU
October 25th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Do you think Felton is going to play? I do?

I think that boy has the mentality of an interior lineman. He'll suck it up and play. The only way he doesn't play is if the coaches hide his equipment. Even then I'd hate to be the guy on the team the same size as him as I am sure Felton would fight him for his equipment!

Absolutely agree that if the choice is Jerome's, Jerome will play. I would rather see him sit it out if it could harm him or the team, present and or future.

Appdad
October 25th, 2006, 12:29 PM
If Richie Williams, legs are compared to a stallion then Felton's are like a rhinoceros. Fast, thick and strong.

PaladinFan
October 25th, 2006, 04:34 PM
I spoke with him the other day. You don't realize how big he is until you are next to him.

BULLDOG8180
October 26th, 2006, 10:31 PM
I wouldn't wipe his ass with that rag....well on second thought, send it on up....I might run low on wipes...always good to have something to wipe up puke with...xlolx xlolx

You better be ready for some puke, we you finally take off the silly hat, and the boy sees that sick purple thing on it, he surely will puke!!:nod:

BULLDOG8180
October 26th, 2006, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the advice AppDad.:thumbsup: Made some today, gonna make some more tomorrow....taking a few days off from the office to get the big boy settled in at home with his two big sisters. Man are they excited....they can't wait to start bossing him

around.xlolx xlolx

His sisters will give him some good practice for when he gets married.:nod: