PDA

View Full Version : SLC Pick'em Champion Trophy

Sammy94
May 13th, 2014, 07:51 AM
I went home after work yesterday, fired up the pit and noticed a box at the front door. The trophy has arrived along with a Bomar autographed card. Thanks UCABEAR. I'll do my best to retain this trophy during the upcoming season.

McNeese75
May 13th, 2014, 12:39 PM
I went home after work yesterday, fired up the pit and noticed a box at the front door. The trophy has arrived along with a Bomar autographed card. Thanks UCABEAR. I'll do my best to retain this trophy during the upcoming season.

xrolleyesx That's your happy ass :D

Nickels
May 13th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Nice touch with the Bomar card...

dewey
May 14th, 2014, 10:21 PM
That is pretty cool. Congratulations.

Dewey

IBleedYellow
May 15th, 2014, 12:34 AM
Rhett Bomar, no?

I remember him in the 'Dome. Damn good QB.

EDIT:

Reading up on him, he was only 1 of 11 QB's who ran for 100 yards and passed for 300+ yards.

He did it against NDSU. xpissedx

BEAR
May 15th, 2014, 01:15 PM
Man I'm sorry it took so long to get there! Glad you like it though!

I'll hold another one next year with a more timely response!

I met Bomar when he played Brown at UCA a few years ago. That was a battle of two really strong QBs. I had never seen a guy take so many hard hits and still complete those passes like he did. Sad it came down to a backwards onside kick by his teammate. Dude has my respect. Anyway, since I was on the field I stopped him and shook his hand and told him he played a hard fought game and to be proud of that effort. Heck, I couldn't find a UCA fan that didn't respect him after that! He smiled at that and said the Bears have a growing program we should be proud of. ...that's was a classy thing to say. That's one of the reasons I got that Bomar autograph card. Class act.

TheRevSFA
May 17th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Good job Bear on running it and congrats to my buddy 94