PDA

View Full Version : Furman Fans...

AppGuy04
October 22nd, 2006, 04:48 PM
any word on Felton yet?

FUwolfpacker
October 22nd, 2006, 05:34 PM
I talked to him after the game as he was walking to the training room. I think he's going to be fine. He got bent back pretty bad in a pile up, and he thought it might be bad at first though. I won't go into everything he said b/c I don't know what he wants out in the open, and b/c no one knows for sure what the deal is yet.

We won't know for sure until later, but I suspect he'll play. Don't know if he'll be at completely full strength, but he was walking ok (just a little limp) after the game.

AppGuy04
October 22nd, 2006, 05:36 PM
Can you specify what the injury actually is? Sprained ankle?

FUwolfpacker
October 22nd, 2006, 06:00 PM
Don't know what is specifically. I'm pretty sure it's something with the ankle though. No clue how bad it is though. Jerome was obviously relieved it wasn't any worse than some lingering ankle discomfort though.

Just an observation....at the Coastal game when Gray hurt his ankle, they put him in a boot and on crutches (cost him a couple of games). After the game on saturday, Felton was walking around putting weight on his ankle. I imagine it will be hard to keep Felton from playing this weekend...unless something serious shows up that wasn't expected. Everyone is hoping it's nothing more than a tweeked ankle though.

AppGuy04
October 22nd, 2006, 06:08 PM
Don't know what is specifically. I'm pretty sure it's something with the ankle though. No clue how bad it is though. Jerome was obviously relieved it wasn't any worse than some lingering ankle discomfort though.

Just an observation....at the Coastal game when Gray hurt his ankle, they put him in a boot and on crutches (cost him a couple of games). After the game on saturday, Felton was walking around putting weight on his ankle. I imagine it will be hard to keep Felton from playing this weekend...unless something serious shows up that wasn't expected. Everyone is hoping it's nothing more than a tweeked ankle though.

I would prefer for him to play as well, ya know, so when we beat you, you guys have no excuses:smiley_wi

fuEMO
October 22nd, 2006, 07:13 PM
The good news for Paladin fans was how well Kendall played. Felton is a big target and takes a step or two to hit his gear. Kendall is lower and quicker hitting the line and a better receiver.

Wolfpacker your right, watching Felton and the Doctors it pretty quickly went from a possible knee injury to a front of the ankle injury. That's where they iced him. And based on how quickly the staff put Gray in a boot, Felton's injury looked less severe.

I guess the bigger question is who does APP prepare for at quarterback and which offense?

AppGuy04
October 22nd, 2006, 07:46 PM
I guess the bigger question is who does APP prepare for at quarterback and which offense?

You know, I never thought about this, but it is very true. The offense with edwards is much more run oriented, whereas with Elder, we seem to open it up more with the passing game. Very difficult.

FUwolfpacker
October 22nd, 2006, 08:00 PM
I think he was talking about FU's QB situation AppGuy, but maybe I misread fuEMO's quote. Both situations are similar though. With Edwards and Gray, you have a more run oriented offenses with big plays coming off play action passing, and with Sorrells and Elder, the teams seems to throw the ball more.

Hopefully it will be another great game in the series:nod: .

AppGuy04
October 22nd, 2006, 08:03 PM
Guess I'm the one that misread it. Guess it applies for both teams ironically.

Mountaineer#96
October 22nd, 2006, 08:23 PM
Its gonna be another good one................just something about FU vs. ASU in Boone on a fall day:hurray: :hurray:

I hope Felton is 100 percent, no need for him to not get another shot at our boys.

psc2445
October 22nd, 2006, 08:57 PM
with a few question marks at skill positions this one is going to come down to depth and adjustments. which team will push the right buttons if backups have to see significant time? glad this one is at the ROCK

PaladinFan
October 22nd, 2006, 09:00 PM
I think it would take the U.S. Army to keep Felton off that field. He is one tough hombre. If he can't go, we have a plenty capable player to step in who would probably start at FB for many of the teams around the country.

fuEMO most likely refers to Furman's situation. On one hand you have Gray, a big powerful guy who throws roughly about 10 times a game for 120 yrds or so, or the finesse Sorrells who against UTC threw for 335 but is not nearly the running threat.

If Gray is back, that will be a huge boost for the Paladins.

BULLDOG8180
October 22nd, 2006, 11:02 PM
I think it would take the U.S. Army to keep Felton off that field. He is one tough hombre. If he can't go, we have a plenty capable player to step in who would probably start at FB for many of the teams around the country.

fuEMO most likely refers to Furman's situation. On one hand you have Gray, a big powerful guy who throws roughly about 10 times a game for 120 yrds or so, or the finesse Sorrells who against UTC threw for 335 but is not nearly the running threat.

If Gray is back, that will be a huge boost for the Paladins.

Plus it will be interesting with the cousins from Greenwood squaring off at QB.

FUOneTime
October 23rd, 2006, 12:50 PM
Felton should be OK: http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061023/SPORTS0103/610230315/1027

Most disturbing thing about the article is that they say Grey may not be ready. App State's going to show the nation how trully overrated Furman is this year. I hope we can at least field our best players for that game.