PDA

View Full Version : Liberty loses leading rusher to knee injury

PAllen
May 1st, 2014, 11:19 AM
http://sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4690418

"Lynchburg, VA (SportsNetwork.com) - Liberty University's top rusher Desmond Rice will miss the 2014 season after suffering a knee injury recently and undergoing surgery on Tuesday."

Quite a blow to the flames.

knucklehead
May 1st, 2014, 11:50 AM
Des is a beast, a great kid with a huge heart, and a motor that never quits. Will be tough to replace this year no doubt. The starter now looks to be Junior #2 D.J. Abnar. Extremely fast kid out of Florida with quick / shifty feet. After that is a lot of young talent that we will have to wait and see how it develops. Former UVA Transfer RB Clifton Richardson is apparently no longer on the roster either.

superman7515
May 1st, 2014, 12:04 PM
Tough blow for Liberty. How big of an impact does it make on the potential Big South standings? Are we talking dropping Liberty from #1 to #3 or not that big of a deal to the team overall?

knucklehead
May 1st, 2014, 12:31 PM
It just depends on how well DJ can run between the tackles and/or how the other 3 below him step up. I think DJ can pull it off, he's really improved a ton and is tough catching the ball outside. The talent is there for sure. I think LU is still in the hunt at the top of the conference.

Sly Fox
May 1st, 2014, 02:53 PM
This is becoming our regular experience each offseason. I almost can't remember the last time we returned a leading rusher. It would have to have been back in the Rashad Jennings days. I fully expect to respond well like we have in recent years.