PDA

View Full Version : 10/21 Southland Football Report

blackfordpu
October 22nd, 2006, 10:18 AM
Oct. 21: Football Report
Northwestern State, McNeese State and Texas State pick up wins on Saturday.

Oct. 21, 2006

FRISCO, Texas - Texas State scored 24 second-half points, including 17 in the fourth quarter, and Jeremy Castillo moved into Texas State's top 10 in career tackles, as the Bobcats ran over Southeastern Louisiana 38-17 Saturday at Bobcat Stadium.

Castillo, who had 15 tackles on the night, pushed his career number to 292, moving past Jimmy Nelms (1984-87) into 10th all-time in career defensive stops. Texas State's fans also made their way into the record book with an attendance of 13,321 - the 16th-largest Bobcat Stadium crowd - assisting the `Cats in the 21-point win.

Bradley George headed the Bobcat offensive attack, as the `Cats improved to 3-4 overall and 2-1 in the Southland Conference with 236 passing yards and three scores from the red-shirt freshman. Daniel Jolly led the Bobcats on the ground, running for 100 yards and a touchdown on 12 carries.

http://southland.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/102106aaa.html

Bobcat94
October 22nd, 2006, 11:11 AM
Good game by the Bobcats. But I don't think they played a great game. I think there is still more in the tank on both sides of the ball. I don't know if they will show it the next four games or not. This team COULD be really good if they let it flow......

I'd love to see a big game November 18th......Still a long road to get there with a tough game next week to start it off and a short week to follow that.......

There are not enough footballs for this young talented offense....