View Full Version : Jason Murrietta: 384 yards passing today (21 for 28), 4 TDs/0 INTs

Jacks76
October 22nd, 2006, 03:36 AM
Just moved into 10th place all-time in the Big Sky in career yards passing.

On the year, Jason has 17 TDs to 2 INTs for a 162.41 QB rating. He is on pace to finish his career with 10,468 yards, 87 TDs and 46 INTs.

If he doesn't make it in the NFL, something is wrong with the scouts.

Paul

Jackluv
October 22nd, 2006, 01:08 PM
haha very true, he had a great day and is the best offensive weapon in the BIG SKY CONFERENCE!

catbob
October 22nd, 2006, 10:55 PM
haha very true, he had a great day and is the best offensive weapon in the BIG SKY CONFERENCE!

I think you saw first-hand who the best offensive weapon is.

Chi Panther
October 22nd, 2006, 11:04 PM
He's a STUD!!!!!

Check out the last six UNI games last year.....think of who QB'ed these games......WOW!!!!!

12-16-05 Chattanooga, Tenn. Appalachian State 21, UNI 16 Box score
12-09-05 San Marcos, Texas UNI 40, Texas State 37 Box score
12-03-05 Durham, N.H. UNI 24, New Hampshire 21 Box score
11-26-05 Cedar Falls, Iowa UNI 41, Eastern Washington 38 Box score
11-19-05 Cedar Falls, Iowa UNI 41, Northern Arizona 17 Box score
11-12-05 Cedar Falls, Iowa UNI 25, Southern Illinois 24 Box score

grizband
October 22nd, 2006, 11:04 PM
I think you saw first-hand who the best offensive weapon is.
Catbob, what the is the reason for the disparity in receiving yard for Jefferson over the course of this season? Compared to his two 200+ yard games, his others seem pedestrain in comparison. Is Jefferson being covered better some games, or is there another reason? I ask because I haven't had an opportunity to watch him at all this year, and am curious.

AZGrizFan
October 23rd, 2006, 12:21 AM
Just moved into 10th place all-time in the Big Sky in career yards passing.

On the year, Jason has 17 TDs to 2 INTs for a 162.41 QB rating. He is on pace to finish his career with 10,468 yards, 87 TDs and 46 INTs.

If he doesn't make it in the NFL, something is wrong with the scouts.

Paul

I've been saying it all year. He's a monster. Too bad the coach couldn't recruit some better talent for him to play with....: smh : : smh :

Green26
October 23rd, 2006, 12:27 AM
These stats are a big improvement from his 93 yards, with a long of 13, against Montana the prior week. He is very mobile, and made good decisions on where to start his scrambles in the Montana game.

catbob
October 23rd, 2006, 01:03 AM
Our whole team is two-faced. Jefferson had a wicked case of stone-hands against UC-Davis. Our QBs seem to find a main target and throw to him all day, as well. Basically I think we are seeing the reason he left Arizona - consistency and lack of effort. But he is putting the effort forth here and making the most of his second chance. Still a bit inconsistent, but when he is on his game, he is unstoppable.

Jackluv
October 23rd, 2006, 12:09 PM
These stats are a big improvement from his 93 yards, with a long of 13, against Montana the prior week. He is very mobile, and made good decisions on where to start his scrambles in the Montana game.

even with 93 yards against UM 2 weeks ago....he scared the crap out of montana :hurray:

GrizFoo
October 23rd, 2006, 12:15 PM
Our whole team is two-faced. Jefferson had a wicked case of stone-hands against UC-Davis. Our QBs seem to find a main target and throw to him all day, as well. Basically I think we are seeing the reason he left Arizona - consistency and lack of effort. But he is putting the effort forth here and making the most of his second chance. Still a bit inconsistent, but when he is on his game, he is unstoppable.

Keep in mind this is Jeffersons first (and only) year at MSU. Even though MSU's O doesn't have a reputation for being rocket science but instead seems more geared toward excecution. College systems are not something you just pick up in your spare time. Dropped balls are no good, but when a WR is thinking about where he is supposed to be to much drop happen more. You can expect a player to just transfer and step in and start playing as if he is an old hand, but those expectations will be dashed more often than not early in the season.
Jefferson did have some serious stone hands, and it looked more like a lack of concentration than anything, but I'm not him, so who knows. I do know he's looking solid right now.

Green26
October 23rd, 2006, 03:02 PM
I was at the NAU v. Montana game, and Murietta wasn't much of a factor. He was being chased all over the field and running for his life. I guess I was scared that he might get hurt because of all the Grizzlies coming after him. The NAU rb was somewhat threatening, and the only back to get more than 100 against the Griz this year, including Iowa's back. The other thing that scared me was UM's relative lack of offensive.

catbob
October 23rd, 2006, 03:37 PM
Which back played against Montana? Was it Henderson or Sales? I wasn't impressed with either of them... then again I haven't been impressed with any RB this year, except DII Chadron State's Danny Woodhead - he is the only rusher to go over 100 against the Bobcats.

ncbears
October 23rd, 2006, 03:57 PM
Safe to say NAU's guy is the best qb in the conference??

Walkon79
October 23rd, 2006, 04:03 PM
Murrieta Gets my vote as 1st team all conference QB. He's been fun to watch for four years, but as others have said, too bad for NAU that they were unable to build a consistent winner around this kid.

sdgriz24
October 23rd, 2006, 04:16 PM

lol, Lex is still in the BSC buddy but I'll forgive u since he's injured

Jackluv
October 23rd, 2006, 07:05 PM
iv only see Lex one time against NAU last year and he didnt impress much...Murrieta is a throwing and a running threat to can make nothing into something (just like he did 2 times against Arizona State). i think he will get Offensive MVP for BSC.

Green26
October 24th, 2006, 12:10 AM
Last year, Hilliard had only 82 yards at NAU, but he was hurting from multiple injuries, including migraines, and the UM o-line and team were running out of gas. The prior year, Hilliard was 24-135 against NAU, compared to Roger Robinson's 104 yards. Hilliard is an outstanding back, and a significant pro prospect. Before he was hurt, the agent types hovering around were saying he'd probably be a 3rd or 4th round draft pick. He seems to be recovering relatively fast, and hopefully will be at full speed by the spring, or at least the summer. His loss is very signficant for UM, as the other backs are not getting through holes that Hilliard would get nice gains from.

Griz fans saw and followed Roger Robinson in NFL Europe last spring, as our former QB Craig Ochs was on the same team. Robinson had a very impressive season in NFL Europe, and Ochs had a good season too. Too bad Ochs got a bad shoulder injury late in the season and had surgery.

Do you know what happend to Robinson? I heard that he had gotten hurt and/or was cut by the NFL, but never read or heard anything definitively.

Jackluv
October 24th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Robinson was on the active roster for the Cardinals and was up in flagstaff for their training camp. Last i heard he was third string and got hurt at the very beginning of the training camp....im not quite sure what is going to happen to him or WHAT happened to him. Too bad for Ochs about his shoulder. Hopefully he has a good upcoming season. He was a greeat UM QB

Walkon79
October 24th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Last year, Hilliard had only 82 yards at NAU, but he was hurting from multiple injuries, including migraines, and the UM o-line and team were running out of gas. The prior year, Hilliard was 24-135 against NAU, compared to Roger Robinson's 104 yards. Hilliard is an outstanding back, and a significant pro prospect. Before he was hurt, the agent types hovering around were saying he'd probably be a 3rd or 4th round draft pick. He seems to be recovering relatively fast, and hopefully will be at full speed by the spring, or at least the summer. His loss is very signficant for UM, as the other backs are not getting through holes that Hilliard would get nice gains from.

Griz fans saw and followed Roger Robinson in NFL Europe last spring, as our former QB Craig Ochs was on the same team. Robinson had a very impressive season in NFL Europe, and Ochs had a good season too. Too bad Ochs got a bad shoulder injury late in the season and had surgery.

Do you know what happend to Robinson? I heard that he had gotten hurt and/or was cut by the NFL, but never read or heard anything definitively.

Whats the scoop on Lex? If it's an achilles, I would bet career ending. Too bad if so, because I think we would have seen him on Sundays.

griz37
October 24th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Whats the scoop on Lex? If it's an achilles, I would bet career ending. Too bad if so, because I think we would have seen him on Sundays.

Lex is using his red-shirt this season & will be back next year. According to everything I have read & heard this is an injury that he will be able to recover from 100% & will not end or even affect his career.

Walkon79
October 24th, 2006, 12:16 PM
That really is good news for Lex. Not so good for the rest of the Big Sky.

Jackluv
October 24th, 2006, 09:31 PM
surprise to me....i had heard his career was over

Green26
October 26th, 2006, 12:16 AM
Hilliard has been told from day 1 that it is highly likely that he will recover fully. Many of my older friends have been told that their achilles will be stronger where it was repaired than elsewhere. Lots of people have come back from achilles injuries. There are NFL players who have had achilles tears and surgery. He seems to be recovering very fast, and doesn't have any issues so far. In Montana, there were early rumors coming mainly from Bobcat fans that his career was over, or likely over. Have no idea where that came from, but there have been alot of bad and untrue rumors from Bobcat fans about the Griz this year.

Tod
October 26th, 2006, 12:35 AM
Hilliard has been told from day 1 that it is highly likely that he will recover fully. Many of my older friends have been told that their achilles will be stronger where it was repaired than elsewhere. Lots of people have come back from achilles injuries. There are NFL players who have had achilles tears and surgery. He seems to be recovering very fast, and doesn't have any issues so far. In Montana, there were early rumors coming mainly from Bobcat fans that his career was over, or likely over. Have no idea where that came from, but there have been alot of bad and untrue rumors from Bobcat fans about the Griz this year.

From what I have read about achilles injuries, they are very slow to heal, but unlike many other injuries, once healed you are 100%.

Jackluv
October 26th, 2006, 12:14 PM
true, must have been a painful injury....

i heard when it snaps, it rolls up in a ball all the way up your calf..ew