PDA

View Full Version : Visitors' seating at Albany

UAalum72
April 24th, 2014, 08:35 AM
The Troy Record reports Albany is sending out RFPs to install permanent visitor side bleachers this summer, replacing the already-dismantled temporary seats that were used for the opening season at Bob Ford Field.

No mention of how many seats will be built.

http://sportsontherecord.blogspot.com/search/label/Bob%20Ford%20Field

I must say this is happening faster than I would have expected. There hasn't been any word on the rebidding for naming rights to the stadium (the first round didn't get a satisfactory bid).

danefan
April 24th, 2014, 08:44 AM
I don't think this is the true Phase II of the project. I think its just the purchase of bleachers that will eventually be replaced by the full stadium side with double decks, etc...

I suspect we'll see something very similar to what we rented last year, just bigger and better integrated into the design (color, etc.)

WWII
April 24th, 2014, 01:46 PM
I've heard that the cost of rental was about 1/3 of the cost of purchase, so it made more sense to purchase.

citdog
April 24th, 2014, 10:09 PM
The Troy Record reports Albany is sending out RFPs to install permanent visitor side bleachers this summer, replacing the already-dismantled temporary seats that were used for the opening season at Bob Ford Field.

No mention of how many seats will be built.

http://sportsontherecord.blogspot.com/search/label/Bob%20Ford%20Field

I must say this is happening faster than I would have expected. There hasn't been any word on the rebidding for naming rights to the stadium (the first round didn't get a satisfactory bid).

500k to call it General Robert Edward Lee Stadium

Bisonoline
April 25th, 2014, 01:02 AM

Who did he coach for?

citdog
April 25th, 2014, 01:09 AM
Who did he coach for?

Jeff Davis

Bisonoline
April 25th, 2014, 01:12 AM
Jeff Davis

Not familiar with that school. Where is it located? What conference? D2? D3?

Wait Ive got it. Grambling right?

bluehenbillk
April 25th, 2014, 08:18 AM

The South lost.

Bogus Megapardus
April 25th, 2014, 08:44 PM
Those old, "temporary" Albany visitor's stands might look terrific at Georgetown's Multi-Sport Field. They'd have to compete with the existing visitor's stands at MSF, though. Those are mighty . . . umm . . . ahh . . . well . . . .

Sader87
April 26th, 2014, 10:11 AM
I expect a very comfy chair-back with waitress-service and other amenities when the Crusaders come to town to start the season...we coulda been in the Big East ya' know.

danefan
April 26th, 2014, 04:17 PM
If there are "week of game" Gold seats available you'll get everything except cushion chair. Chair back provided but no cushion.

Sader87
April 26th, 2014, 04:24 PM
I bettah get a goddam chair cushion or there'll be hell to pay....do you know who I am and that my school could have been in the Big East???? xrotatehx

clenz
April 27th, 2014, 03:38 PM
I have to ask, as I've now seen it with multiple schools....

Visitors side?

Side?

You have a visitors side?

Really?

Is this high school or d3?

UNI gives a section of about 500 seats but the rest is "home"

Seriously?

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk

citdog
April 27th, 2014, 03:42 PM
I have to ask, as I've now seen it with multiple schools....

Visitors side?

Side?

You have a visitors side?

Really?

Is this high school or d3?

UNI gives a section of about 500 seats but the rest is "home"

Seriously?

Lenzy usually the home side is the one with the Press Box and the Cheerleaders.

clenz
April 27th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Lenzy usually the home side is the one with the Press Box and the Cheerleaders.

Schools don't have cheerleaders on both?

I guess since its a dome here it's different but we have press boxes on one side and suites on the other...students on one side and 85 percent of season ticket holders on the other

UAalum72
April 27th, 2014, 04:37 PM
It's the side the visiting team's bench is on. Is that simple enough for you?

citdog
April 27th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Schools don't have cheerleaders on both?

I guess since its a dome here it's different but we have press boxes on one side and suites on the other...students on one side and 85 percent of season ticket holders on the other

Dude we don't have Cheerleaders PERIOD.

THANK YAHWEH for the small things.

Sader87
April 27th, 2014, 04:42 PM
I think the "visitor's side" is probably more of an East Coast concept....schools aren't that far away from one another and in years gone by, actually travelled to away games in decent numbers.

clenz
April 27th, 2014, 06:10 PM
I think the "visitor's side" is probably more of an East Coast concept....schools aren't that far away from one another and in years gone by, actually travelled to away games in decent numbers.

We travel well out here too...home fans just give a rat's and and go in large enough numbers to not warrant giving half your stadium to the other team

citdog
April 27th, 2014, 06:40 PM
We travel well out here too...home fans just give a rat's and and go in large enough numbers to not warrant giving half your stadium to the other team

Perhaps. But WHAT THE HELL ELSE IS THERE TO DO?

clenz
April 27th, 2014, 07:15 PM
Perhaps. But WHAT THE HELL ELSE IS THERE TO DO?

Not to bring this further from Albany..but..

The Dome set up
http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q340/unipanthers10/dome_zps6e218ec8.jpg

Purple is season ticket holders - there are some empty seats in those sections but those sections are 95+ (nearly 100% on the west side) season ticket holders
Yellow is the UNI students - the Band is the mustard yellow
Green is open - there are some season ticket holders there but this is usually walk up crowd. Most games this is 80-85+% full..some games less some games way more.
Red is visitor seating
Black is pretty much always empty except *bigger name* games (homecoming, family weekend, SIU, NDSU) because the views pretty much suck. Those are smaller sections though.

The east side has press boxes and coaches boses
The west side has presidents suite and a couple other rooms like that.

Dane96
April 27th, 2014, 08:08 PM
Not to bring this further from Albany..but..

The Dome set up
http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q340/unipanthers10/dome_zps6e218ec8.jpg

Purple is season ticket holders - there are some empty seats in those sections but those sections are 95+ (nearly 100% on the west side) season ticket holders
Yellow is the UNI students - the Band is the mustard yellow
Green is open - there are some season ticket holders there but this is usually walk up crowd. Most games this is 80-85+% full..some games less some games way more.
Red is visitor seating
Black is pretty much always empty except *bigger name* games (homecoming, family weekend, SIU, NDSU) because the views pretty much suck. Those are smaller sections though.

The east side has press boxes and coaches boses
The west side has presidents suite and a couple other rooms like that.

"Not to bring this further from Albany..." But you did. Donkey.

UA72 made it clear. As in MANY stadiums, it's not RESERVED for the visitors...but it's the side the VISITING TEAM IS ON, WHICH IS WHY MANY, INCLUDING PRESS, CALL THAT SIDE OF A STADIUM THE "VISITOR'S SIDE". It's an appropriate description based on this thing called ENGLISH. Jeesh.

And making you sound like an even bigger DOUCHE, it's actually called the "EAST RESERVED", and not the visiting side, at Bob Ford Field.

Carry on.

clenz
April 27th, 2014, 08:30 PM
Holy whiney little bitch tits, batman.

Sorry I'll let you get back to your 8k seat stadium,I live a mile from a hs stadium that's the same size btw, that houses a 1 win team

Sader87
April 27th, 2014, 08:40 PM
Our stadium is bigger than your UNI dome.....just sayin' xsmiley_wix

clenz
April 27th, 2014, 09:03 PM
Our stadium is bigger than your UNI dome.....just sayin' xsmiley_wix

and it sits 70% empty every week...The dome would be 60% empty with your crowdsxrolleyesx:D

Sader87
April 27th, 2014, 10:24 PM
Still biggah....

Bogus Megapardus
April 28th, 2014, 04:13 PM
and it sits 70% empty every week...The dome would be 60% empty with your crowdsxrolleyesx:D

How dare you. Fitton Field is never empty. Every time I'm there I can feel the presence and spirit of the Glory Days from years (long) past filling the Holy Cross stands to the very brim.

I think they should expand, it you ask me.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 28th, 2014, 05:19 PM
It's the side the visiting team's bench is on. Is that simple enough for you?

Used to chuckle at some of the App Staters for bitching about this as well. I refer to the home side and visitor's side in WaGriz as just that. It's a silly thing to have a problem with if you ask me.

Sader87
April 28th, 2014, 05:39 PM
How dare you. Fitton Field is never empty. Every time I'm there I can feel the presence and spirit of the Glory Days from years (long) past filling the Holy Cross stands to the very brim.

I think they should expand, it you ask me.

Exactly, another 10,000 in an added 2nd deck works for me.

Dane96
April 28th, 2014, 05:56 PM
PL fans making this about a PL stadium. The post is now officially a true AGS Post.

citdog
April 28th, 2014, 06:05 PM
PL fans making this about a PL stadium. The post is now officially a true AGS Post.

schmeckle envy

Bogus Megapardus
April 28th, 2014, 06:54 PM
schmeckle envy

The Capital District Schmeckles. It has a nice ring to it.

Needs a nice logo for the side of the helmet. I could do an avatar. xcoolx

Gater
April 28th, 2014, 07:36 PM
If you want to talk about Albany's beautiful new stadium, I would suggest going to the Lafayette at New Hampshire thread.

Bogus Megapardus
April 28th, 2014, 08:03 PM
If you want to talk about Albany's beautiful new stadium, I would suggest going to the Lafayette at New Hampshire thread.

Even though this entire thread is ABOUT Albany's beautiful new stadium? But yeah, I can see your point. We could discuss it in greater detail and compare/contrast it to All Things Patriot League. Which is important, of course. And it would pretty much be assured to stay on Page One throughout the off season . . . :)

Exactly, another 10,000 in an added 2nd deck works for me.

And close in that west end zone, too, while you're at it. Never mind the baseball outfield - they'll just have to play around it.

Sader87
April 28th, 2014, 08:27 PM
Even though this entire thread is ABOUT Albany's beautiful new stadium? But yeah, I can see your point. We could discuss it in greater detail and compare/contrast it to All Things Patriot League. Which is important, of course. And it would pretty much be assured to stay on Page One throughout the off season . . . :)

And close in that west end zone, too, while you're at it. Never mind the baseball outfield - they'll just have to play around it.

Very true. I think Holy Cross has the unique opportunity to expand Fitton Field (currently 23,500) to the cavernous, empty size (roughly 50,000-60,000) of the Yale Bowl or Penn's Franklin Field. Hopefully our new AD is working on it at this very moment.