PDA

View Full Version : Bye week arguements

barechestcat
October 21st, 2006, 08:53 PM
I'm seeing a lot of talk about the perceived advantage teams have in preparing for two weeks to play someone. I've also seen others say this can be a detriment because the players lose their edge due to the time off.

So, what's everybody's opinion on this?

Are byes before big games good due to extra time to prepare game plans?

OR
Are byes before big games bad due to the time off?

SeattleGriz
October 21st, 2006, 09:12 PM
I think it depends. How important is the game coming off the bye week? If it is a team you need the extra time for, then yes. If the team you face is a stinker, then probably not.

UNHWildCats
October 21st, 2006, 09:22 PM
i think it depends on the coach, some can keep there team so locked in they will almost alays win after there bye.

pantherclaw
October 21st, 2006, 09:23 PM
I know that UNI having a bye before the ISU game DEFINETLY helped. It allowed them to work on fundy's(which they needed to work on) and get them preped for a huge game. I agree though, some teams it can be detrimental. Depends alot on coaching.

MplsBison
October 22nd, 2006, 01:08 PM
I'm against BYEs. I think they make the team rusty from not playing a game.

Hopefully with a 12 game schedule there will be no more BYEs.

Coastal89
October 22nd, 2006, 01:16 PM
Coach Bennett commented on our open week today. According to him it can interfere with a teams mojo if they've been winning week in and week out. But he also mentioned that Coastal has had about 19 guys either miss games or see limited action because of nagging injuries over the past few weeks. Come this Saturday we'll have 5 miss the game, so the open date helped us.

DFW HOYA
October 22nd, 2006, 01:23 PM
I don't think it makes much difference except when recovering from injuries to key players are involved.

Georgetown is on the bye week ahead of Charleston Southern. The extra week isn't going to decide the outcome either way.