PDA

View Full Version : SDSU 29 CAL POLY 28!!!

Rabbitlivinginverm
October 21st, 2006, 08:51 PM
SDSU DOWN 28-6 IN THE 4TH AND COME BACK TO WIN 29-28!!!!!

bisonguy
October 21st, 2006, 08:53 PM
Wow!! Congrats Jacks!!

No_Skill
October 21st, 2006, 08:54 PM
obviously, you're kidding right?

Tod
October 21st, 2006, 08:55 PM
HOLY SH$T!!!!

Thought that one was over! Jacks are proving their improvement every week! Congrats to the Jacks!! :eek: :eek: :hurray:

Tod
October 21st, 2006, 08:56 PM
obviously, you're kidding right?

What does this mean?

windwalker
October 21st, 2006, 08:57 PM
SDSU DOWN 28-6 IN THE 4TH AND COME BACK TO WIN 29-28!!!!!

You should have had a game thread... How the heck did they do that????

GOTOREROS
October 21st, 2006, 08:57 PM
Wow - for all the popping off Poly had been doing........wow!

GOTOREROS

Bison_Kent
October 21st, 2006, 08:58 PM
SDSU is really turning around their season after losing three to start the season, including a DIII loss.

AggiePride
October 21st, 2006, 08:59 PM
damn nice sdsu

Rabbitlivinginverm
October 21st, 2006, 09:02 PM
You should have had a game thread... How the heck did they do that????

You can read through it here:

http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1160510625/0#0

I think the game starts on about page 3.

To answer your question, 3 TD passes to the same WR in the 4th, 2 two point converstions including the game winner with 1 min left.

No_Skill
October 21st, 2006, 09:04 PM
NDSU now has an EXCELLENT chance of winning the GWFC Championship. :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

No disrespect Poly. :bow:

Rabbitlivinginverm
October 21st, 2006, 09:04 PM
NDSU now has an EXCELLENT chance of winning the GWFC Championship. :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

No disrespect Poly. :bow:

So does SDSU.

AggiePride
October 21st, 2006, 09:07 PM
So does SDSU.
:p

FlyYtown
October 21st, 2006, 09:08 PM
Not a good week for most of the Top 10 teams... Either a loss or not so nice wins like Montana and Appy State...

CONGRATS SDSU.

No_Skill
October 21st, 2006, 09:12 PM
So does SDSU.

That road goes through Fargo. :thumbsup:

poly51
October 21st, 2006, 09:14 PM
WOW thiose bunnies have some kick. Congrats to the Jackrabbits.

AggieFinn
October 21st, 2006, 09:35 PM
Never say die Jacks! Hell Yeah! See you in SD next week!!!

The wild, wild (Great) West!!! :cool:

http://studentorgs.sdstate.org/spanishclub/Welcome_files/image002.jpg
Los Jacks beat ze San Luis Obispo amigos!!!

umassfan
October 21st, 2006, 09:37 PM
Not a good week for most of the Top 10 teams... Either a loss or not so nice wins like Montana and Appy State...

CONGRATS SDSU.
Not everyone choaks or doesnt show up for games in the top 10. UMass and Ill St proved their worth.

The Fan
October 21st, 2006, 09:47 PM

GOTOREROS

Poly plays 2 I-A's and 3 I-AA's that have been ranked in the top 15 while competing in one of the toughest conferences in the nation. USD on the other hand...

Dallas Demon
October 21st, 2006, 09:53 PM
Great win! Congrats SDSU!xsmileyclapx

slostang
October 21st, 2006, 09:55 PM
First off congrats to SDSU. You hung in and never gave up and made the plays in the fourth quarter. Kardoes (11) is one tough kid. I am not taking anything away from the Jacks because they did what they needed to do to win and deserve to win, but Cal Poly played the whole fourth quarter not to lose the game instead of trying to put the game away. The offense play calling by Cal Poly in the fourth quarter was bad to say the least. Good luck to the Jacks the rest of the season.

aggie6thman
October 21st, 2006, 10:01 PM
Thanks for keeping us in the title hunt bunnies! I could not believe it when I saw the boxscore! Could this be a 4 way tie for first? :rotateh:

slostang
October 21st, 2006, 10:06 PM

GOTOREROS
I think there has been far more popping off by Toreros fans. How many threads have you seen started this last week by Cal Poly fans. Before you pop off about Cal Poly, how about playing them on the field instead of ducking them when offered a game. Cal Poly's is still looking for home games for 2007. Are you game?

BEAR
October 21st, 2006, 10:15 PM
Congrats SDSU! Makes our loss to you a little easier to take..what a comeback!

ucdavisaggie05
October 21st, 2006, 10:15 PM
Wait, wait, wait, was that a Torero trying to talk smack about Poly?

Oh boy oh boy, I can't wait until November 25th. You're gonna love your trip to The Toom!

SochorField
October 21st, 2006, 10:17 PM
Seriously, wow. A USD fan chimes in on a Cal Poly loss......:rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh:

89rabbit
October 21st, 2006, 10:38 PM
What does this mean?

Well for starters that SDSU should be in the top 25! :hurray: :hyped: :hurray:

Rabbit3467
October 21st, 2006, 10:46 PM
Well for starters that SDSU should be in the top 25! :hurray: :hyped: :hurray:

Agreed, other than that one loss that will not be spoken about, SDSU has shown something this year. I never expected to be saying this but I think SDSU deserves top 25.:hurray: :hurray:

aggie6thman
October 21st, 2006, 10:49 PM
That road goes through Fargo. :thumbsup:

And your road runs through Davis my good friend to the North! :rotateh: :nod:

Rabbitlivinginverm
October 21st, 2006, 11:00 PM
And your road runs through Davis my good friend to the North! :rotateh: :nod:

And your road runs through Brookings our sunny Cali friend!! This conference season is going to be great!:D

89rabbit
October 21st, 2006, 11:17 PM
http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061021/SPORTS/61021009

SDSU scores three TDs in fourth quarter to shock Cal Poly
The Associated Press
PUBLISHED: October 21, 2006

Senior quarterback Andy Kardoes passed for 250 yards and three fourth-quarter touchdowns as South Dakota State rallied from a 22-point deficit to beat Cal Poly 29-28 on Saturday.

Kardoes connected with sophomore wide receiver JaRon Harris on scoring passes of 14, 12 and 19 yards in the final period, then ran for the game-winning two-point conversion with 1:05 to play, giving the Jackrabbits (4-3, 1-0 Great West) their fourth consecutive victory after three losses.

Kardoes completed 14 of 27 passes and Harris finished with six catches for 133 yards. Micah Johnson also caught six passes for the Jackrabbits, covering 97 yards. . . . (read more)

Grizo406
October 22nd, 2006, 12:10 AM
Nice job, Jackrabbits!!!:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Now, I feel a little better about 4 November.

BobbyMo
October 22nd, 2006, 12:29 AM
Congrats SDSU, i spent some time out in Western SoDak (spearfish) and always keep an eye on you guys, Great win

RabidRabbit
October 22nd, 2006, 10:39 AM
Nice job, Jackrabbits!!!:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Now, I feel a little better about 4 November.

Just need to point out that the SDSU team you saw 9/8 isn't the same, confident, fighting team Poly played. This Bunnies team is top 25 material now.

Mustang Man
October 22nd, 2006, 10:46 AM
Nice win Jacks! Very nice turn around to a rocky start in the season.

RabidRabbit
October 22nd, 2006, 10:52 AM
Nice win Jacks! Very nice turn around to a rocky start in the season.

Make certain to get those OOC wins 'Stangs:hurray: That way, don't have to worry so much about Fargo! :p

Thanks Mustangs! Poly was the ONLY team Jacks haven't beaten in GWFC action, so a surprising, but nice result from this RabidRabbit's perspective!

sfjackster
October 22nd, 2006, 07:59 PM
Just something about when SDSU and Poly get together. All the games turn into classics.

SiouxFallsJack
October 22nd, 2006, 08:47 PM
Wow, what a great game! I hope this win does put us in the Top 25!:hurray: :hurray:

Go Poly
October 22nd, 2006, 08:52 PM
Great win for the Rabbits! Disappointing loss for my beloved Mustangs!

JackJD
October 22nd, 2006, 09:08 PM
Congrats SDSU, i spent some time out in Western SoDak (spearfish) and always keep an eye on you guys, Great win

and, as you become more acquainted with the Jackrabbits, you'll just say "West River" for Western South Dakota. We're a little like two states called East River and West River. Great, friendly people all over the place but some differences.

PantherRob82
October 22nd, 2006, 09:39 PM
Glad to see SDSU pull out the win.

1Aneedsplayoffs
October 22nd, 2006, 09:46 PM
Cal Poly was looking ahead to montana...

HAHAHA

Rabbit3467
October 22nd, 2006, 11:43 PM
Cal Poly was looking ahead to montana...

HAHAHA

WHAT???? Are u serious, Cal-Poly was up 28-6 and gave up three touchdowns in the fourth quarter. How was this looking ahead to Montana? The last two years Cal-Poly has beat SDSU by one touchdown each year, they are in the same conference, SDSU was on a three game winning streak in which each team was ranked in the top 25 when SDSU beat them. Cal-Poly wasnt looking ahead to MT, they were trying to run the clock out to early, and SDSU made them pay. Looking ahead to montana, no, Cal-Poly is to good a team to do that.

Rabbit3467

Poly Pigskin
October 23rd, 2006, 05:11 AM
All I have to say is that your coaching staff must have balls of steel to go for 2 with a minute to play.

RabidRabbit
October 23rd, 2006, 07:59 AM
All I have to say is that your coaching staff must have balls of steel to go for 2 with a minute to play.

xlolx xlolx There's reasons that they detest going thru metal detectors, and stay away from strong magnets. xlolx xlolx xlolx

Andy Kardoes, has the avacodo sized gonads, he's the one promising to make the two if go for it. :eek: :bow: :bow:

McNeese72
October 23rd, 2006, 08:55 AM
Congrats to the Jacks on their win. Makes me feel a little better about us letting them come from behind to beat us. :)

They are a good team that is getting better as the season progresses.

Doc

89rabbit
October 23rd, 2006, 09:18 AM
http://argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061023/SPORTS0202/610230329

Belief boosts Jacks
Win over Cal Poly ranks as historic

Terry Vandrovec
[email protected]
PUBLISHED: October 23, 2006

SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif. - Even in the euphoric aftermath of Saturday's stunning 29-28 victory at No. 4-ranked Cal Poly, South Dakota State football coach John Stiegelmeier stood by his convictions, denying that there was a turning point during his team's 23-point rally and furthermore dismissing the concept of the turning point as reporter-speak.

Belief, he said, was the key to eight minutes that may boost belief in an entire program.

"This is one of those victories people are going to remember forever," SDSU associate athletic director Rob Peterson said.

If only because comparisons for the sake of argument are ingrained in sports, there was a brief post-game discussion on the team bus about the Jackrabbits' biggest victories in two-plus seasons at the NCAA Division I-AA level. There were four on the list: the inaugural I-AA win at Southern, beating North Dakota State in the inaugural Dakota Marker game and rallying past No. 16 McNeese State three weeks ago. But in short order, Saturday's victory clearly stood alone.

Not only is Cal Poly the two-time defending Great West Football Conference champion, it had boasted the nation's top passing defense and was entertaining a sun-soaked homecoming crowd of 9,042 - third largest in school history.

SDSU erased a 28-6 deficit in the final eight minutes and didn't wait even that long to spread word of its first victory against a top-5 team since 1999.

Jacks assistant head coach Luke Meadows made a call to an alumnus in Wisconsin and then sent a slew of text messages to recruits; many of which were returned in short order.

Standing with Cal Poly's almost complete $20-million stadium renovation project at his back, Peterson chatted up SDSU boosters, including Jerry Lohr, a 1958 graduate who owns J. Lohr Vineyards and Wines. Lohr told Peterson it had been the best game he'd ever seen.

Does that mean extra money is coming SDSU's way? Not necessarily, but it won't hurt the fundraising cause. . . . (read more)

poly51
October 31st, 2006, 10:16 PM
This was found roaming around Mustang Stadium a few days ago.
http://members.aol.com/gsimas1/bigrabbit.jpg