PDA

View Full Version : Joe Flacco is the Man

blukeys
October 21st, 2006, 08:11 PM
HIs stats are impressive enough but if Mirchaud hangs on to balls that hit him in the hands Flacco has more than 400 yards passing with a bad knee. :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

The best A-10 defense was shredded by a QB who will be playing on Sundays in 2008.

Every week he gets better and he has a ton of targets. Delaware beat Richmond without a healthy Omar.

There are a lot of question marks about Delaware, but Flacco is not one of them especially after tonite!!!!!!!!!:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

youwouldno
October 21st, 2006, 08:32 PM
I doubt Flacco will actually be taking NFL snaps in 2008. If you mean he will be on a roster, that is definitely possible. I saw most of the game on TV, he looked pretty good.

ChickenMan
October 21st, 2006, 08:40 PM
There are a lot of question marks about Delaware, but Flacco is not one of them

the questions begin and end with the Hen's defensive front seven... particularly the DL. It might be the weakest I've seen and I've seen a lot.

blukeys
October 21st, 2006, 08:50 PM
the questions begin and end with the Hen's defensive front seven... particularly the DL. It might be the weakest I've seen and I've seen a lot.

I agree with your assessment but my post was about Flacco and not the Delaware Front 7. We have not had a solid front 7 since 2004 in my view.

My post was about Flacco and his performance tonite which I thought was amazing. He had 300+ passing yards against one ot the great A-10 defenses and everyone knew he was too banged up to run the option.

Despite all of that he ran up great passing yards and drove his team to the winning TD.

In my view Joe is the MAN!!!!!

RadMann
October 21st, 2006, 08:51 PM
He did play great. It was shotgun about every play... He looked very confident...

aust42
October 21st, 2006, 09:10 PM
Flacco has a great arm. He Certainly has the physique and tools to be an NFL QB. He hasn't played enough college games for me to proclaim him an NFLer yet. He'd be having a much better year stat wise if Delaware's receivers could catch his rocket fast balls. Several dropped passes this year. Flacco was a big time recruit out of NJ but played behind All-American Tyler Palko at Pitt.

KC Keeler seems to love getting transfer QB's. In his 5th season as head coach, this is his third transfer QB. This seems to be a trend. I believe he did the same thing at D-III Glassboro State. If I'm a QB being recruited by Delaware, I'd certainly take this into consideration.

Jaxhen
October 21st, 2006, 09:10 PM
Very impressive performance. He has a bigtime arm and is very accurate. Stats would have been even more impressive if a few of those passes weren't dropped.

Jaxhen
October 21st, 2006, 09:13 PM
Flacco has a great arm. He Certainly has the physique and tools to be an NFL QB. He hasn't played enough college games for me to proclaim him an NFLer yet. He'd be having a much better year stat wise if Delaware's receivers could catch his rocket fast balls. Several dropped passes this year. Flacco was a big time recruit out of NJ but played behind All-American Tyler Palko at Pitt.

KC Keeler seems to love getting transfer QB's. In his 5th season as head coach, this is his third transfer QB. This seems to be a trend. I believe he did the same thing at D-III Glassboro State. If I'm a QB being recruited by Delaware, I'd certainly take this into consideration.

That trend may be ending soon with the recruitment of Scanlon last year and Ritacco this year. Both look like good ones.

Sam Adams
October 21st, 2006, 09:15 PM
Flacco had a very good game. Congrats to UD on the win. Very gutsy performance.

RadMann
October 21st, 2006, 09:16 PM
UD just recruited a QB from HS....

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061019/SPORTS07/610190339/1002/SPORTS

DTSpider
October 21st, 2006, 09:20 PM
Flacco was amazing tonight. UD looked better than any team Richmond has played so far. I have no clue how that team was 3-3 coming into tonight.

Hensational
October 21st, 2006, 10:08 PM
DT Spider,

UD is a very frustrating team to root for. You never know which team is going to show up. They have shown this year that they have the ability to play with anybody, and they have also shown that they have the ability to play with nobody.

:confused:

SunCoastBlueHen
October 21st, 2006, 11:14 PM
The one aspect of D I-AA football that isn't given enough attention is the depth factor. On the I-AA level there is often a huge dropoff between the talent on the first string teams and the second string teams and if you have to go beyond that, forget about it. Key injuries play a HUGE part into how successful your team is going to be. Delaware got a number of key playes back from injury for tonight's game and the difference showed. People are quick to yell for the coaches head when things don't go so well for your team, but at this level, success often come down to how healthy you are.

GSUSpider
October 22nd, 2006, 05:57 PM
Flacco was amazing tonight. UD looked better than any team Richmond has played so far. I have no clue how that team was 3-3 coming into tonight.

I've been to every Richmond game this year and I was thinking the same thing on my 3hour ride home!:eyebrow:

MR. CHICKEN
October 22nd, 2006, 06:51 PM
PROPS TA OURAH "O" LINE.....DAT GAVE JOE........'NUFF TIME TA FIND RECEIVERS........AWK!

BlueHenBoy
October 23rd, 2006, 10:21 AM
Are you saying he is better than Andy Hall?

bluehenbillk
October 23rd, 2006, 10:24 AM
Joe has a much better arm than Andy, that's all I'll say.

YoUDeeMan
October 23rd, 2006, 10:57 AM
DT Spider,

UD is a very frustrating team to root for. You never know which team is going to show up. They have shown this year that they have the ability to play with anybody, and they have also shown that they have the ability to play with nobody.

:confused:

Welcome to the board Hensational!

UD's performances so far this year have mainly been a reflection of their injuries. Every team has injuries, but UD's situation this year (and last) borders on ridiculous. We are playing people who would have been redshirted or who would have been third or fourth on the depth chart. Yet, we are sill 4-3 and have been in every game. The ony true embarassment was the Albany loss.