PDA

View Full Version : QB Michael Birdsong, is that Delaware on Line 1?

Lehigh Football Nation
April 14th, 2014, 04:55 PM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4686354

superman7515
April 14th, 2014, 08:46 PM
Why? He was above average, but not great, playing in Newark against the Hens last season. Nothing against the kid, but he wasn't better than Hurley, and he had a so-so year for a JMU team that had it's struggles all over the place. Not saying he can't succeed somewhere else, but if he's going to burn the redshirt year anyway, he may as well try to look FBS.

bluehenbillk
April 15th, 2014, 07:53 AM
Agreed - zero chance he goes to UD - no interest on either side.

UD may have their eyes on a QB anyway for next season - Rutgers transfer QB Blake Rankin.

JMUNJ08
April 15th, 2014, 10:17 AM

UD may have their eyes on a QB anyway for next season - Rutgers transfer QB Blake Rankin.

Delaware looking for an FBS transfer QB? No way! xrolleyesx

CFBfan
April 15th, 2014, 11:19 AM
Delaware looking for an FBS transfer QB? No way! xrolleyesx

KC left his mark!!!

jmufan999
April 15th, 2014, 02:44 PM
believe i read that if you transfer from one CAA school to another, you can't get a scholarship in your first full year at the new CAA school.

even without that rule, i don't see it happening. i was a big Birdsong supporter, but i would have liked to have seen more progress from his first start to his last. he is very physically gifted, but there are a few glaring issues. specifically, the ability to read a defense and footwork/accuracy. i don't know enough about Marshall or UNCC, but he would not be a fit with ODU, either. can't see him running that offense effectively.

heath
April 15th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Birdy out and Rambling Lee in????...........Both are not very efficient, but if Lee can stay out of jail, He may take the Dukes to the playoffsxthumbsupx

Sandlapper Spike
April 17th, 2014, 07:02 PM
Link (http://www.dnronline.com/article/jmu_blocking_birdsong)

Michael Birdsong said Thursday that James Madison football coach Everett Withers is now blocking his transfer to Appalachian State, Charlotte, Liberty and Old Dominion after they mutually agreed the former JMU quarterback would only be blocked from transferring to Colonial Athletic Association schools.

caribbeanhen
April 23rd, 2014, 05:52 PM

the conch shell is telling me Blake Rankin is not the guy that will be transferring to Delaware, I'm sure you already heard that rumor

bluehenbillk
April 24th, 2014, 08:26 AM
the conch shell is telling me Blake Rankin is not the guy that will be transferring to Delaware, I'm sure you already heard that rumor

Yep I heard UD offered & he decided to go elsewhere.

The Ville
April 25th, 2014, 01:25 AM
He's definitely gone for the FBS, my guess is Marshall. It's been at the top of his list and never blocked