PDA

View Full Version : Yep, Yale wins again..... Sure makes that

DetroitFlyer
October 21st, 2006, 03:12 PM
pounding Yale suffered against a certain team in California look a bit more interesting....

TexasTerror
October 21st, 2006, 03:19 PM
Too bad Yale is in the Ivy and only plays PL teams...

Too bad, Yale hasn't played Princeton or Harvard, the two teams ahead of the rest in the Ivy...

DetroitFlyer, your nailing down a dead horse time and time again...can't wait for the San Diego/Pioneer folks to eat crow...

Of course, Dayton was eating something today against Davidson...wish Dayton would play a I-AA team from a major I-AA conference...

siugrad99
October 21st, 2006, 04:03 PM
Wow Yale is a powerhouse in 1AA football. I mean a OT win in the Ivy league... doesn't get any tougher than that. Give It Up Man serioiusly your pathetic

UNHWildCats
October 21st, 2006, 04:10 PM
im to the point where i would vote for George Bush for a 3rd term if it meant all the San Diego talk to end.

laparka316
October 21st, 2006, 04:12 PM
im to the point where i would vote for George Bush for a 3rd term if it meant all the San Diego talk to end.

Don't worry, it'll all be over after tonight

AggiePride
October 21st, 2006, 05:06 PM
Drake will run over USD. :)

nice sig!

DetroitFlyer
October 21st, 2006, 05:16 PM
Very cool signature. I'm hoping that Drake is so demoralized after getting thumped by USD, that maybe Dayton can win next week at home.... Of course, I would not bet on the Flyers, given the performance this season....

youwouldno
October 21st, 2006, 05:16 PM
Beating Yale is more or less equal to winning a National Title, I must admit. Combined with their incredible wins over teams like Davidson, I think USD should just be declared all-world, all-level Champion and football should be banned as a sport to forever hold USD as the paragon of football greatness.

DetroitFlyer
October 21st, 2006, 05:30 PM
Since you are all such big PFL fans, I'll let you know that Dayton was down 30-7 in the third quarter at Davidson. We came back to 37-36 and went for 2 with about a minute left.... We did not make it, and lost 37-36 A great comeback effort that fell short. Oddly enough, this is almost exactly how Davidson lost to VMI earlier this season....

GOTOREROS
October 21st, 2006, 05:34 PM
Beating Yale is more or less equal to winning a National Title, I must admit. Combined with their incredible wins over teams like Davidson, I think USD should just be declared all-world, all-level Champion and football should be banned as a sport to forever hold USD as the paragon of football greatness.

Way to bring something to the table - really insightful post.

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Thanks anyway....

GOTOREROS

youwouldno
October 21st, 2006, 05:38 PM
What's wrong? I agree with you, beating powerhouse Yale at home is probably the most impressive I-AA win of the year. That one win alone justifies a playoff berth, if not a #1 seed.

GOTOREROS
October 21st, 2006, 05:39 PM
What's wrong? I agree with you, beating powerhouse Yale at home is probably the most impressive I-AA win of the year. That one win alone justifies a playoff berth, if not a #1 seed.

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

GOTOREROS

youwouldno
October 21st, 2006, 05:45 PM
Oh and you're a really funny guy, NBC should buy out Conan so you can replace Leno in a few years.

Seriously, you should stop embarassing the institution you root for. It's not fair to sane USD fans.

GOTOREROS
October 21st, 2006, 05:58 PM
Oh and you're a really funny guy, NBC should buy out Conan so you can replace Leno in a few years.

Seriously, you should stop embarassing the institution you root for. It's not fair to sane USD fans.

GOTOREROS

AggiePride
October 21st, 2006, 06:03 PM
Seriously, people need to stop attacking GOTOREROS.

He has represented his team well, and he is taking crap that other fans created.

IMO

DetroitFlyer
October 21st, 2006, 08:57 PM
A certain team from California 37 Drake 0!

LeopardFan04
October 22nd, 2006, 02:06 PM

I think I might be with you on that one...xlolx

LeopardFan04
October 22nd, 2006, 02:07 PM
But seriously...the SD playoff scenarios are getting more and more serious each week...

JohnStOnge
October 22nd, 2006, 02:51 PM
The win against Yale is looking better. I'd say at this point Yale is looking like a borderline top 25 team. It'll be interesting to see if the playoff committee does it.

The problem is it's just one game. By Sagarin, for instance, Yale is rated 23rd. But other I-AA on San Diego's schedule other than UC Davis is rated higher than 78th among I-AAs. That's not to rag on San Diego...it's just to say that there's a real question as to whether or not the committee will pull the trigger and select them. Remember, because they will not have played UC Davis, the committee's going to be looking at 8 Division I wins and, depending on what Yale does over the remainder of the season, it's possible that none of them will be over a "top" I-AA team while 7 of them will be over teams considered to be in the lower half of the Division.