PDA

View Full Version : NDSU listed in Top 25 tailgating spots by Bleacher Report

buffalobill
April 8th, 2014, 01:47 PM
My understanding they are talking all schools and all divisions.

NoDak 4 Ever
April 8th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Obligatory:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/furious-bleacher-report-editor-will-make-staff-ran,30662/

Furious Bleacher Report Editor Will Make Staff Rank Things All ****ing Night If He Has To

SAN FRANCISCO—Frustrated with the poor quality of lists the website’s writers have produced as of late, BleacherReport.com editor Eric Briggs threatened Monday to force the staff to rank things “all ****ing night” if he had to. “What do you ****ing think this is? It’s Bleacher Report. Pick any ****ing sports **** and rank it,” said Briggs, before angrily slamming shut the laptop of a young writer he found working on a 4,000-word feature on the legacy of racial prejudice in tennis. “I don’t give a **** if you’re tired. Rank the goddamn top 10 fingers on Tom Brady’s hands if you have to. Just **** something out, and people will click through it.” Briggs added that if he did not have 400 new lists ready to put up on the website the next morning, the staff could “say goodbye” to their “cushy-ass $5-a-post jobs.”

Bisonator
April 8th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Obligatory:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/furious-bleacher-report-editor-will-make-staff-ran,30662/

xlolx

Yotes
April 8th, 2014, 08:55 PM
I haven't seen or heard much at all about your tailgating, but it wouldn't shock me if it beat everything in Minnesota, Iowa, Montana, Wyoming, the Dakotas, as well as the entire Northeast.

gumby013
April 8th, 2014, 09:24 PM
I haven't seen or heard much at all about your tailgating, but it wouldn't shock me if it beat everything in Minnesota, Iowa, Montana, Wyoming, the Dakotas, as well as the entire Northeast.

Living in NJ and been attending games all over the northeast. Can confirm tailgating is mostly crap.

Moving back to Fargo this summer. Can't wait.

Sader87
April 8th, 2014, 09:50 PM
A lot of the college tailgating in the Northeast (and maybe elsewhere in FCS...dunno) has been tramped down by a lot of regulations over the last 10-15 years or so.

Holy Cross tailgates are now a shadow of themselves compared to the 70s, 80s and 90s.

centennial
April 9th, 2014, 05:02 PM
A lot of the college tailgating in the Northeast (and maybe elsewhere in FCS...dunno) has been tramped down by a lot of regulations over the last 10-15 years or so.

Holy Cross tailgates are now a shadow of themselves compared to the 70s, 80s and 90s.
That's sad. NDSU has great tailgates.

Yote 53
April 10th, 2014, 03:11 PM

Yotes, surely you are joking. You've obviously never been to Iowa Freaking City or even Lames, IA. Both are better than NDSU. Heck, Iowa is one of the top tailgate schools in the FBS.

Jackal
April 10th, 2014, 05:02 PM
Yotes, surely you are joking. You've obviously never been to Iowa Freaking City or even Lames, IA. Both are better than NDSU. Heck, Iowa is one of the top tailgate schools in the FBS.
I agree. I've been to all three and it's not even close.

Iowa City is by far the best,but Ames was really good also. Had fun in Fargo but isn't remotely close to those other two.

Yotes
April 10th, 2014, 10:52 PM
I went to Iowa City, and really thought it was nothing special. It was bitter cold, an 11 a.m. kickoff, and on Black Friday while the Hawkeyes were finishing off a terrible season, so maybe it just wasn't what it usually is.

Bisonoline
April 11th, 2014, 01:40 AM
I went to Iowa City, and really thought it was nothing special. It was bitter cold, an 11 a.m. kickoff, and on Black Friday while the Hawkeyes were finishing off a terrible season, so maybe it just wasn't what it usually is.

Iowa City tailgate is huge. There are huge parties behind the houses on Melrose street. Plus from Kinnick to the Finkbine gold course. Not to mention every parking lot on that side of the river.

You just hit a bad weekend.