PDA

View Full Version : Missouri State @ Indiana State

Nyghtewynd
October 21st, 2006, 01:13 PM
InSU takes the opening kickoff, drives to midfield, but the drive stalls there and the Sycs get a horrific punt away, so the Bears begin their first drive at their own 32.

Nyghtewynd
October 21st, 2006, 01:17 PM
Bears go 3-and-out including a 15-yard facemask call on an offensive lineman (that's a new one), and the Bears punt from their own 30. They get a good kick away, and InSU begins their second drive at their own 21.

Nyghtewynd
October 21st, 2006, 01:22 PM
InSU drives quickly down the field through the air, and they score on a thirteen-yard TD pass. The Bears provided little opposition on that drive. The XP is good, and it's 7-0 InSU with 6:44 left in the first.

MSUBear42
October 21st, 2006, 01:28 PM
Horner is looking good, has scrabled for two 1st downs now. I am excited to have him as our starter. Bears driving.

MSUBear42
October 21st, 2006, 01:30 PM
Bears 4th and 1 on the ISU 25 and.... Horner sneak for a first down.

Did I say I'm excited he's our starter now?

Nyghtewynd
October 21st, 2006, 02:48 PM
It's halftime--InSU leads 21-16. Bears took a 16-14 lead in the middle of the second, but then combined a missed XP with a celebration penalty (cause it's important to celebrate when you're one of the worst teams in school history) to give InSU the ball at midfield to start the next drive, and InSU cleaned that one up quickly. MSU begins the third quarter with the ball.

Nyghtewynd
October 21st, 2006, 02:53 PM
Bears take the opening drive to the InSU 1, but Horner promptly fumbles the ball on the next play, and InSU takes over. MSU continues to find new and exciting ways to screw up.

Nyghtewynd
October 21st, 2006, 02:57 PM
InSU goes 3-and-out, fumbles the punt, gets a kick off anyway, and the kick bounces off of an MSU player and goes straight to an InSU player. Sycs ball. MSU may not be the worst D-1AA in school history (we're at the no-question phase there), but they're in the running for worst team in the country this year.

Nyghtewynd
October 21st, 2006, 03:01 PM
Touchdown InSU. They're about to get off of the schneid. 28-16 InSU with 6:13 left in the third.

ISUalum
October 21st, 2006, 03:03 PM
this is truly a battle of 2 of the worse teams in I-AA this year. But don't worry Bears fans, as much as I hope the ISU losing streak ends today, there is still time for you all to come back. ISU hasn't lost 24 games in a row for nothing.

InSU goes 3-and-out, fumbles the punt, gets a kick off anyway, and the kick bounces off of an MSU player and goes straight to an InSU player. Sycs ball. MSU may not be the worst D-1AA in school history (we're at the no-question phase there), but they're in the running for worst team in the country this year.

Nyghtewynd
October 21st, 2006, 03:07 PM
I can't say I'm worrying. There's not much than can be done. This year is all about Allen installing his system and getting rid of all of the remaining flotsam on the roster. If you're going to be bad, be spectacularly bad. There isn't that much difference between 2-9 and 1-10.

Bears driving again...long pass to the InSU 30. Let's see if they can avoid shooting themselves in the head this time.

Nyghtewynd
October 21st, 2006, 03:12 PM
Bears stall out again at the InSU 18. FG try from 39 is good. 28-19 InSU, and they might have considered going for it there. Both teams are doing well at maintaining drives, and they may not get the ball back much more.

Nyghtewynd
October 21st, 2006, 03:21 PM
InSU's drive stalls, and another bad punt gives the Bears the ball in InSU territory.

skinny_uncle
October 21st, 2006, 03:24 PM
Do the Trees finally stop that horrific losing streak finally? (Maybe horrific should have been historic).

Nyghtewynd
October 21st, 2006, 03:28 PM
Bears drive (again) and fumble (again) and InSU recovers (again). It's looking better and better for the Sycs.

skinny_uncle
October 21st, 2006, 03:30 PM
Is it still 28-19?

Nyghtewynd
October 21st, 2006, 03:31 PM
Yep. 28-19 with about nine minutes left in the game.

ISUalum
October 21st, 2006, 03:32 PM
yes, isu driving after the Mo. St. fumble in the isu red zone

Is it still 28-19?

Nyghtewynd
October 21st, 2006, 03:35 PM
Bears get the ball back at their own 10. I'm almost to the point where I'm rooting for InSU.

Nyghtewynd
October 21st, 2006, 03:44 PM
Bears have 3rd and 10 at the InSU 21. Without a first down, Bears may have to try the FG here...

Nyghtewynd
October 21st, 2006, 03:46 PM
Bears drop a ball in the end zone on 3rd zone, and then they make a 38-yard FG to make the score 28-22 with about four to play. MSU has all three TOs left, and so they'll probably kick away here.

Nyghtewynd
October 21st, 2006, 03:49 PM
InSU fumbles the ball on the ensuing drive on a shotgun snap, and MSU recovers. Bears ball at the InSU 19.

Nyghtewynd
October 21st, 2006, 03:51 PM
Horner throws an INT on the second play after the fumble, and InSU returns to the Bears 40. Drive friendly, everyone. InSU is off of the schneid barring a miracle. They tried time after time to give this game away, and MSU just kept handing it back.

skinny_uncle
October 21st, 2006, 03:53 PM
Amazing.
I predicted this upset in a post on Valleytalk, but down in my heart I wasn't that sure.

Nyghtewynd
October 21st, 2006, 03:54 PM
This isn't an upset.

ISUalum
October 21st, 2006, 03:55 PM
ISU still has time to blow this game, how MSU turned it back over is beyond me. You're right, neither team wants to win this one, geesh.

Horner throws an INT on the second play after the fumble, and InSU returns to the Bears 40. Drive friendly, everyone. InSU is off of the schneid barring a miracle. They tried time after time to give this game away, and MSU just kept handing it back.

skinny_uncle
October 21st, 2006, 03:56 PM
Indiana State beating anyone is an upset. First time they have won a game against anyone in a couple of years.

Nyghtewynd
October 21st, 2006, 03:59 PM
I don't give a crap if InSU hasn't won in their program's history. I've seen this MSU team play multiple times. They're the worst team I've ever seen. I've seen high school teams more competent than this Bears team.

BTW, Bears have the ball on their own 30 with around a minute left. They're trying to make something happen, but they don't have any TOs left, and InSU is playing the prevent. 44 seconds to go.

Nyghtewynd
October 21st, 2006, 04:01 PM
Bears to midfield and spike it. 35 seconds to play, and nothing more than a touchdown is any good.

Nyghtewynd
October 21st, 2006, 04:03 PM
Bears lose the ball on downs, and that'll do it. InSU wins. Congrats on the win.

Horner was probably the best QB the Bears have had this year, and that's not saying much. The worst thing is that this is probably not the smallest crowd the Bears will play against this year, because they aren't drawing 3K for their final home game in a few weeks. Heck, next week is Homecoming and just staying in the parking lot and tailgating rather than actually going to the game is looking more and more likely by the day.

Nyghtewynd
October 21st, 2006, 04:04 PM
And, BTW, if Allen has any brains, no senior will see the field next week. There's absolutely no reason to waste any more time on Goof Ball recruits.

birdsflyhigh
October 22nd, 2006, 12:26 AM
24 in a row....kaput...the long suffering ISU Sycamore losing streak is over!
CONGRATS on getting the GFC win! :hurray:

BobbyMo
October 22nd, 2006, 12:27 AM
24 in a row....kaput...the long suffering ISU Sycamore losing streak is over!
CONGRATS on getting the GFC win! :hurray:

ditto

TheGateway
October 22nd, 2006, 09:22 AM
:nod: :D :rotateh: :) :smiley_wi :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :nod: :rotateh: :rotateh: :D :D :D :D

OL FU
October 22nd, 2006, 01:20 PM
Congrats on getting the win:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

PantherRob82
October 22nd, 2006, 10:37 PM
Can't believe MSU lost again. Still no D-I wins.

Chi Panther
October 22nd, 2006, 10:56 PM
they are starting a 4th string QB........:rotateh:

douglasdmb
October 23rd, 2006, 12:20 PM
they are starting a 4th string QB........:rotateh:

Third string, actually, but it doesn't matter. We're downright terrible.