View Full Version : Abeline Christian @ Georgia State on ESPNU

FCS_pwns_FBS
April 1st, 2014, 02:53 PM
http://www.sunbeltsports.org/news/2014/4/1/FB_0401143711.aspx

Abeline, please kick their butts. xsmashx

But don't embarrass our conference too much, please. :o

Sammy94
April 1st, 2014, 03:34 PM
The Southland is playing in the first two national TV college football games of the year. Let's hope they both win. Southland Strong!!!

DFW HOYA
April 1st, 2014, 03:40 PM
Still strange to see ACU back in Division I. Can Hardin-Simmons be that far behind?

OL FU
April 1st, 2014, 04:11 PM
Glad to see the GSU/ASU game on the airxthumbsupx

I know there will be one Sunbelt game I will watch (probably)xsmugx

citdog
April 1st, 2014, 06:43 PM
But don't embarrass our conference too much, please. :o

the sun bletch does that all on its own. hope the REAL GSU gets beat down by Abeline. shouldn't this be in "other sports"?

Bisonator
April 1st, 2014, 06:59 PM
Seems like a lot of money to go FBS just to get a couple games on ESPNU midweek. One of the reasons I don't want NDSU to go there. I just don't see the return on investment. It'll be interesting watching GS and Appy going forward. Hope it works out for you but I have serious doubts.

citdog
April 1st, 2014, 07:41 PM
Going to be EPIC when The 'Dogs whip pigs ass in 2015.

McNeese75
April 1st, 2014, 08:40 PM
The Southland is playing in the first two national TV college football games of the year. Let's hope they both win. Southland Strong!!!

xthumbsupx

walliver
April 1st, 2014, 09:58 PM
the sun bletch does that all on its own. hope the REAL GSU gets beat down by Abeline. shouldn't this be in "other sports"?

Abilene is FCS, so I guess this is the appropriate forum.

FCS_pwns_FBS
April 2nd, 2014, 09:02 AM

Georgia State took a beatdown from Sammy and Choo Choo U and the Bletch was still the top non-AQ league. xthumbsupx

P.S. Abeline Christian is now in the SLC. Make sure they don't catch up with the SoCon if they haven't already.

BEAR
April 2nd, 2014, 09:13 AM
ACU will make waves THIS year in the SLC. Always been a tough school and one I hate to see on a field my team's on. xlolx

PaladinFan
April 2nd, 2014, 12:35 PM
Georgia State took a beatdown from Sammy and Choo Choo U and the Bletch was still the top non-AQ league. xthumbsupx

P.S. Abeline Christian is now in the SLC. Make sure they don't catch up with the SoCon if they haven't already.

Because the SoCon has control over how good the SLC is and vice versa, right? Because we play a bunch of games against one another and recruit the same players?

Nickels
April 2nd, 2014, 01:30 PM
ACU will make waves THIS year in the SLC. Always been a tough school and one I hate to see on a field my team's on. xlolx
Everyone has put ACU on a pedestal compared to IWU even though IWU beat ACU last November. If we're talking solely about football competitiveness, they have to be looked at fairly equally at this point IMO. IWU improved a lot from 2012-2013.

Catatonic
April 2nd, 2014, 02:12 PM
Everyone has put ACU on a pedestal compared to IWU even though IWU beat ACU last November. If we're talking solely about football competitiveness, they have to be looked at fairly equally at this point IMO. IWU improved a lot from 2012-2013.

ACU played UIW twice last year. The first game was a blow out by ACU. Abilene Players took UIW for granted when we played them again two weeks later and they beat us. As they say, Any Given Saturday.

UIW is improved and will improve even more this year with an experienced QB and a hot shot freshman running back, but to say UIW and ACU are equal is not accurate imo.

citdog
April 3rd, 2014, 03:20 AM

GSwho? aren't y'all in Atlanta?

citdog
April 3rd, 2014, 03:23 AM
Because the SoCon has control over how good the SLC is and vice versa, right? Because we play a bunch of games against one another and recruit the same players?

Don't bother with the former SoCon white trash. The bunch from pigs ass will get theirs next season when the Cadets go through them like Johnson Hagood did Grant at Cold Harbor.