PDA

View Full Version : Sports Network Week 8 Playoff Predictions

smallcollegefbfan
October 19th, 2006, 08:41 AM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=/cfoot2/news/AGN4045174.htm

AppGuy04
October 19th, 2006, 08:59 AM
UNI out

Portland St in

Interesting

PantherRob82
October 19th, 2006, 09:25 AM
UNI out

Portland St in

Interesting

Apparently this isn't based on the games so far, it seems to be predicting 2 Gateway losses, which would definitely knock us out. We need a win on Saturday.

Pard4Life
October 19th, 2006, 10:30 AM
Very good summaries and he is pretty accurate with the HC-LC matchup. Pards have gone through a very rough spot while HC has been on easy street.

The Princeton-Harvard matchup is going to be insane... I would love to see that game..

UNH 40
October 19th, 2006, 10:50 AM
I love how one loss for UNH and all of the sudden the sky is fall and everything around them is crashing down on them. They will return to form this week. In the past three years UNH has suffered a convincing loss to a team that was not ranked as highly as them and comeback and won in blowouts. This team to much resilient and has to much charactor to go in the tank.

Torero Tradition
October 19th, 2006, 10:59 AM
Terrible journalism, the Toreros weren't even mentioned as being a bubble team. :bang:

xlolx

Maroon&White
October 19th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Anyone who viewed the JMU saw that UNH beat themselves in a veriety of different ways. But lets be honest UNH shot themselves in the foot three or four times and all of those costly errors lead to TD's.

JMU was just better. UNH didn't beat themselves, JMU beat them. JMU could stop UNH, while UNH couldn't stop JMU, pretty easy to understand. That "underrated" defense some UNH people claimed they had, showed that it really isn't too good.

89Hen
October 19th, 2006, 11:20 AM
The Princeton-Harvard matchup is going to be insane... I would love to see that game..
:nod: I've been wanting to go to a game there and I think this would be the one to see.

UNH 40
October 19th, 2006, 11:24 AM
JMU was just better. UNH didn't beat themselves, JMU beat them. JMU could stop UNH, while UNH couldn't stop JMU, pretty easy to understand. That "underrated" defense some UNH people claimed they had, showed that it really isn't too good.

November 4th my friend we will see.

Maroon&White
October 19th, 2006, 11:30 AM
November 4th my friend we will see.

Nov. 4th has nothing to do with JMU beating UNH...:rolleyes:

Pard4Life
October 19th, 2006, 11:30 AM
:nod: I've been wanting to go to a game there and I think this would be the one to see.

Be sure to get there early and park in the neigborhood so you don't have to pay to park in a field next to the stadium... jerks...

Tickets are a reasonable $7-8 for general admission "end zone" seats... but the kids ushering are real pencil necks so just say "ok" and sit where you want.. :nod:

UNH 40
October 19th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Nov. 4th has nothing to do with JMU beating UNH...:rolleyes:

but you must admit it is going to be a good one in Durham.:nod:

DetroitFlyer
October 19th, 2006, 11:35 AM
Matt, at TSN, is part of the old guard of I-AA. Expect nothing but disdain from Matt concerning a so called "Mid-Major" getting an invitation to the I-AA playoffs!

Appstate29
October 19th, 2006, 11:52 AM
would you quit using the term old guard...it makes me yawn.

smallcollegefbfan
October 19th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Matt, at TSN, is part of the old guard of I-AA. Expect nothing but disdain from Matt concerning a so called "Mid-Major" getting an invitation to the I-AA playoffs!

I think he is probably like everyone else who has seen how mid-majors get killed by non mid-majors in the past. I don't think people want to put an unproven mid-major team in the playoffs to see them possible get beat by 30 points when we know a 7-4 or 8-3 at-large bid from a proven league would provide a great matchup.

smallcollegefbfan
October 19th, 2006, 12:47 PM
USD needs to play a Gateway, SoCon or A-10 team ranked in the top 25 and beat them. We thought CCSU had done that but it turned out that the ranked team was not as good as expected. If USD beats a Gateway team that goes 8-3 or 9-2 overall then they have proven something. I think going 8-3 in the A-10 or Gateway and playing a I-A opponent is much more respectable than beating teams who give less than 50 scholarships or no scholarships by 50.

PantherRob82
October 19th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Terrible journalism, the Toreros weren't even mentioned as being a bubble team. :bang:

xlolx

It's because they aren't. There's no way they even have a chance this year. Technically, of course they have a chance, but in the real world USD will be playing UC-D Thanksgiving weekend.

Maroon&White
October 19th, 2006, 05:05 PM
but you must admit it is going to be a good one in Durham.:nod:

I'm hoping it is :)

PantherRob82
October 19th, 2006, 06:06 PM
It's because they aren't. There's no way they even have a chance this year. Technically, of course they have a chance, but in the real world USD will be playing UC-D Thanksgiving weekend.

guess i might be wrong...GC has been moved. xcoffeex