PDA

View Full Version : Ala. State 2014 Schedule (Turkey Day Classic Moved 2 Final Reg. Season Week)

WestCoastAggie
March 5th, 2014, 12:15 PM

Rumor has it that Ala. State is also "weighing options" regarding life outside the SWAC.

Sammy94
March 5th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Ala. State is also "weighing options" regarding life outside the SWAC

They could be a good fit in the Southland and be the 12th team needed in the conference.

Texas Division Other Division
ACU ASU
HBU UCA
IWU McNeese
Lamar Northwest St.
SHSU Nicholls
SFA SELA

Can't wait until our matchup on Aug 30th

BluBengal07
March 5th, 2014, 01:11 PM
yea, ASU has created a smart season for 2014.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 5th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Weren't they considering FBS at one point?

wcucat15
March 6th, 2014, 11:02 AM
Weren't they considering FBS at one point?

i do remember hearing about them moving up. old article http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2011/10/03/Facilities/Breaking-Ground.aspx

3rd Coast Tiger
March 6th, 2014, 04:48 PM
I've said it a few times. An HBCU FBS conference is on the way comprised of SWAC and MEAC institutions. Our AD and president have made it public.

Nickels
March 6th, 2014, 04:56 PM
I hope they don't shaft us again like last year and leave us scrambling for a game. I cringe everytime I see a SWAC team scheduled.

BluBengal07
March 7th, 2014, 10:35 AM
I've said it a few times. An HBCU FBS conference is on the way comprised of SWAC and MEAC institutions. Our AD and president have made it public.

i hope not.
sounds like a personal fantasy. about 10 financially sustainable HBCUs that can support D1A requirements collectively and sustain? ok... not anytime soon, though.
but then your TxSU AD and President said it. they must not plan to be apart of it anyways due to distance from any MEAC school.

superman7515
March 7th, 2014, 11:24 AM
i hope not.
sounds like a personal fantasy. about 10 financially sustainable HBCUs that can support D1A requirements collectively and sustain? ok... not anytime soon, though.
but then your TxSU AD and President said it. they must not plan to be apart of it anyways due to distance from any MEAC school.

Not to mention it's against the by-laws and there is no way for it to happen.

BluBengal07
March 7th, 2014, 12:51 PM
Not to mention it's against the by-laws and there is no way for it to happen.

case closed. moving on.

Panther88
March 7th, 2014, 01:23 PM

Not in this life-time. Maybe in the next life lol.

Financially, student-populous, and academically still maturing lol. That was a polite way of saying what I really wanted to say. Nice joke though. xlolx

Lehigh Football Nation
March 7th, 2014, 03:40 PM
Of course a more financially viable FCS conference consisting of HBCU's could be formed, with the SWAC and/or MEAC dropping to Division II................