PDA

View Full Version : Sean Price Update?

geaux_sioux
March 4th, 2014, 08:29 AM
Anyone know what he's up to? Obviously a great talent.

344Johnson
March 4th, 2014, 09:54 AM
I'm sure the coaching staff up north knows. Probably trying to offer him a scholarship.

Apphole
March 4th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Anyone know what he's up to? Obviously a great talent.

He has the talent to be a first round draft pick, but he is a cancer, and unless you're ok with almost weekly arrests for alcohol, drugs, and/or violence, your squad would do well to look elsewhere.

PaladinFan
March 4th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Good athlete, perhaps. Potentially very good receiver. Not an obviously great talent.

In my book, to be a great talent one has to stay on the field. Price doesn't stay on the field. Give me a lesser talent who keeps his nose clean and catches footballs all season. Richie Incognito is a pretty impressive talent. Not sure he will ever find a job again.

mountaineer in Cane Land
March 5th, 2014, 08:20 AM
its a shame what happened, the kid had the talent to play at the next, and almost certainly would have been drafted in the first 3 rounds, probably in the first 2 rounds. Whats tough to understand is not only was he a great talent on the field, but the kid is very intelligent, and when he was not drinking etc, I heard he was a very nice, respectful young man. Get the impression it was almost a "Jackyl and Hyde" thing, when the kid wasn't drinking, doing drugs, good kid, no problems, but give him a beer, and all hell breaks loose, its a shame.

clenz
March 5th, 2014, 11:10 AM
That's like saying "When Jeffery wasn't killing and eating people he was a pretty good guy"...or..."a when Mr. Jackson wasn't raping his 15 year old students he was a good guy and teacher".

You can't really separate the two...that IS who he is.

One incident...bad judgement
Two...some questionable morals
More than that...that is who you are

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk

PaladinFan
March 5th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Agreed. I think you had to disassociate the word "intelligent" from Sean Price long ago.

Mr. C
March 5th, 2014, 06:18 PM
He has the talent to be a first round draft pick, but he is a cancer, and unless you're ok with almost weekly arrests for alcohol, drugs, and/or violence, your squad would do well to look elsewhere.
Do you actually know Sean Price? Or are you just going by things that other people say about him? Sean Price is a kid with an obvious drinking problem. He seems, from past performance, to get a bit on the violent side when he drinks. If he can get that under control (quit drinking altogether, Sean, please for your own sake), he has a lot of other stuff going for him. I always found him to be a delightful kid and a great player to interview. He is very smart intellectually. He just has had some problems. Calling him a cancer is quite a bit overboard. How many ASU students did you know going to school who had drinking problems? Price was in the limelight because he was an All-American football player.

Saint3333
March 5th, 2014, 09:47 PM
Do you actually know Sean Price? Or are you just going by things that other people say about him? Sean Price is a kid with an obvious drinking problem. He seems, from past performance, to get a bit on the violent side when he drinks. If he can get that under control (quit drinking altogether, Sean, please for your own sake), he has a lot of other stuff going for him. I always found him to be a delightful kid and a great player to interview. He is very smart intellectually. He just has had some problems. Calling him a cancer is quite a bit overboard. How many ASU students did you know going to school who had drinking problems? Price was in the limelight because he was an All-American football player.

This may surprise some people, but he is actually an intelligent and well spoken individual, when sober obviously.

You're right his weakness is in liquid form and until he can control that he will never be able to come close to being what he could become. From a pure talent perspective he had the chance to be the best ever in black and gold at his position which is a high honor.

i hope he can, but I doubt he ever will.

T-Dog
March 6th, 2014, 03:12 AM
Yes, Price became a cancer. Not many people know this, but he barely stayed eligible while at App. It might have been the best thing if he has missed eligibility this past fall and concentrated on that. If he wants to go anywhere next year, he might have to go to a JuCo first and get his grades in order (again).

Also, he doesn't love football. He knows he's good at it, but during the off-season he rarely touched a pigskin. You'dfind it easier finding him kicking a soccer ball around than practicing football.

Right now, he's not enrolled but still in Boone, probably taking nature pictures and watching the Bundesliga.

And I can vouch, yes Apphole actually knows Sean Price.

mountaineer in Cane Land
March 6th, 2014, 12:08 PM
still in Boone? That seems kind of odd, with everything that happened, you think he would have gotten out of Boone asap and never go back

Skjellyfetti
March 8th, 2014, 08:20 PM
Good athlete, perhaps. Potentially very good receiver. Not an obviously great talent.

In my book, to be a great talent one has to stay on the field. Price doesn't stay on the field. Give me a lesser talent who keeps his nose clean and catches footballs all season. Richie Incognito is a pretty impressive talent. Not sure he will ever find a job again.

You had me until you brought up Richie Incognito. Now you lost me. Now your post makes absolutely no sense. xlolx

Sean Price = not a talent because he can't stay on the field. Richie Incognito = an impressive talent... but... he can't stay on the field? Waaaaat?

PaladinFan
March 8th, 2014, 08:46 PM
You had me until you brought up Richie Incognito. Now you lost me. Now your post makes absolutely no sense. xlolx

Sean Price = not a talent because he can't stay on the field. Richie Incognito = an impressive talent... but... he can't stay on the field? Waaaaat?

First, I am making the assumption that Incognito will never find another job in the NFL. I mean, who would want him? (Though, in the NFL, I am rarely surprised by the character flaws teams are willing to overlook).

Also, there's no question Price is talented. My comment is only to say that there is an unbelievable amount of talented players that aren't playing for one reason or another. You just don't get to be a "great talent" in my book if you cannot stay on the field. It's like looking at a great sports car you can't drive.

Apphole
March 9th, 2014, 10:03 AM

He is a very articulate guy. He just has the worst attitude you could imagine when it came to the team. T Dog is correct. The guy doesn't give a damn about football or his team mates. He once told me that he only "tries" in games where he felt the DB's covering him were worthy of his best efforts.

And yes, college kids get drunk. But most college kids don't pick fights with police officers, calling them n*****s as they take him away.

I sincerely wish him the best. But no longer being on the football team should greatly help his terrible attitude. Good luck to him on his future, non-football career.

blueballs
March 9th, 2014, 06:07 PM
The way Price abused GSU's secondary in 2012- which in about a month will have 3 players in the NFL- was one of if not the most impressive visitor performances ever at Paulson.... a man among boys.

He has the chance to change his family tree if he can change his life. Maybe he'll realize it before it is too late.

geaux_sioux
March 11th, 2014, 12:57 PM
Yes, Price became a cancer. Not many people know this, but he barely stayed eligible while at App. It might have been the best thing if he has missed eligibility this past fall and concentrated on that. If he wants to go anywhere next year, he might have to go to a JuCo first and get his grades in order (again).

Also, he doesn't love football. He knows he's good at it, but during the off-season he rarely touched a pigskin. You'dfind it easier finding him kicking a soccer ball around than practicing football.

Right now, he's not enrolled but still in Boone, probably taking nature pictures and watching the Bundesliga.

And I can vouch, yes Apphole actually knows Sean Price.
Honestly playing soccer in the offseason is probably the best cross training a football player could do. The balance ankle flexibility and hip flexibilty required to play soccer would improve an athlete at any position. Quicker feet better vision finding soft spots in coverage endurance and the ever important foot strength are all improved by soccer.

I get get what you're saying about his lack of love for the game but his playing soccer often probably gave him an even greater advantage over his opponents who only did football specific training in the summer.

citdog
March 11th, 2014, 11:16 PM
Honestly playing soccer in the offseason is probably the best cross training a football player could do. The balance ankle flexibility and hip flexibilty required to play soccer would improve an athlete at any position. Quicker feet better vision finding soft spots in coverage endurance and the ever important foot strength are all improved by soccer.

I get get what you're saying about his lack of love for the game but his playing soccer often probably gave him an even greater advantage over his opponents who only did football specific training in the summer.

also orange slices

ThompsonThe
March 12th, 2014, 04:43 AM
Looks like he would have used his intelligence to make an intelligent decision to either stop what he was doing or get help.
Am sure App State would have been happy to get him some help. Like any job would think his position or scholarship would have
been protected while he was getting that help.