PDA

View Full Version : PATSY Ratings - Colgate's Class of 2018

Lehigh Football Nation
February 20th, 2014, 10:48 AM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/02/patsy-ratings-colgates-class-of-2018.html

Did you think the transition from Dick Biddle to Dan Hunt would result in a drop in Patsy Points? Prepare to be deeply disappointed.

CFBfan
February 20th, 2014, 11:13 AM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/02/patsy-ratings-colgates-class-of-2018.html

Did you think the transition from Dick Biddle to Dan Hunt would result in a drop in Patsy Points? Prepare to be deeply disappointed.

wow, double the bisons points.
by the time last years class are sr's (full 60 total schol's) gate will have a very good sr/jr team on the filed (at least in theory)

Gater
February 20th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Great job, LFN (and the Patsy people). Word on the street is that Hunt will be announcing more signings next week (in an effort to add to Colgate's Patsy points, I would imagine).

On the D line, it seems like Colgate has two players listed on recruiting sites.

Curtis Mitchell--getting two stars both Scout and 247.
http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=6543689
http://247sports.com/Player/Curtis-Mitchell-31600

And Connor Buck on Scout:
http://hsconnecticut.scout.com/a.z?s=386&p=9&c=4&yr=2014

Colgate's site list Scott Hirshman as OL/DL (though he is pictured on the OL--and I think Hunt talks about him being there). Will be interesting to see where he ends up.

That being said, I'm surprised Colgate isn't listing one of the 270 plus guys (or Anthony Khalife) on the D line.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 20th, 2014, 12:08 PM
Great job, LFN (and the Patsy people). Word on the street is that Hunt will be announcing more signings next week (in an effort to add to Colgate's Patsy points, I would imagine).

Let's hope and pray this isn't the case. Signing guys in an effort to pad your Patsy total has to be a recipe for disaster. :D

ngineer
February 20th, 2014, 12:54 PM
So due to the coaching change, Colgate is in the 'hunt'.

CFBfan
February 20th, 2014, 12:59 PM
So due to the coaching change, Colgate is in the 'hunt'.

no more "biddling" around

carney2
February 20th, 2014, 01:11 PM
So, where's the scorecard?

THE STANDINGS (With 5 To Go):
1. COLGATE 76
2. BUCKNELL 39

RichH2
February 20th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Can one biddle and hunt simultaneously?

CFBfan
February 20th, 2014, 01:29 PM
Can one biddle and hunt simultaneously?

you could argue that is what most of ud do on here....while pretending to work

RichH2
February 20th, 2014, 01:34 PM
you could argue that is what most of ud do on here....while pretending to work

xlolxxlolx So true.

heath
February 20th, 2014, 07:49 PM
Colgate-76
Bucknell-39
Kinda reminds me of
Bucknell-28
Colgate-7
and...................A freshman RB that ran for more yards than the whole Colgate team...........Did the Patsy see that coming? Stop wasting time and amuse us with ??????????????? well OK, keep publishing the usual non sense to get us to the next season.

Gater
February 20th, 2014, 08:58 PM
Depends on what the Patsy's were for the 2014 class, right?

Here was Colgate's class of 2014
http://gocolgateraiders.com/news/2010/4/30/FB_0430103926.aspx

Four of them made the field for their last game as seniors. One kicked off twice (Burgess), one took a ceremonial first snap (McCarney), one played (Nairin) and one started (Watts). One position player starting and one other player playing from a senior class. No seniors playing at all on offense. Who saw that coming? The Patsy's.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?69302-Patriot-League-Recruiting-Colgate&highlight=patsy+colgate+2010

Gater
February 20th, 2014, 09:05 PM
I should also point out that six or seven senior starters had been lost to injury--most during this past year.

Go...gate
February 20th, 2014, 11:00 PM
You never really know with this stuff. The youngster may get homesick, struggle in the classroom, get hurt or sick. They are kids, after all, and this is far from the NFL.

CFBfan
February 21st, 2014, 06:48 AM
Colgate-76
Bucknell-39
Kinda reminds me of
Bucknell-28
Colgate-7
and...................A freshman RB that ran for more yards than the whole Colgate team...........Did the Patsy see that coming? Stop wasting time and amuse us with ??????????????? well OK, keep publishing the usual non sense to get us to the next season.

and if the 2 incoming classes played each other you might have a point BUT (and nothing good ever comes out of a but) they didn't, sad how people manipulate this to try to prove their ignorany points

Lehigh Football Nation
February 21st, 2014, 09:17 AM
A freshman RB that ran for more yards than the whole Colgate team...........Did the Patsy see that coming?

Look for C.J. Williams in Bucknell's incoming class of 2017 release last year. Find him? I didn't, either.

CJ Williams yielded 0 Patsy Points since he (apparently) was a late signee from Navy's prep school and was not on Bucknell's official release. Ergo, no Patsy points. Had Bucknell made a release about his existence, the Committtee would have included him.

PAllen
February 24th, 2014, 03:55 PM
So Bucknell doesn't address an area in which they have no need and they get a committee adjustment of -5. Colgate totally whiffs on a gaping need and their adjustment? 0. I think I see a bit of bias in the committee.

Gater
February 27th, 2014, 01:19 PM
Can't speak to the committee penalizing Bucknell but not sure where Colgate whiffed. The D line had two rated recruits. One with two stars. There is a third listed at D line/O line (though it seems like he will be on the O line). Colgate had one freshman and one sophomore starter on the D line and another freshman in the two deep.

That being said, the good news for Patsy fans is that Coach Hunt sent out an email today announcing that Colgate's recruiting class will grow to 25 names once paperwork is done. He didn't specifically mention bringing in more recruits to break the 80 point Patsy threshold, but it was clearly implied in the email.

Moments like this can't help but remind me of the most famous quote from the schools of The Patriot League's most famous coach: "Winning isn't everything. There are also The Patsy's."

RichH2
February 27th, 2014, 02:41 PM
Can't speak to the committee penalizing Bucknell but not sure where Colgate whiffed. The D line had two rated recruits. One with two stars. There is a third listed at D line/O line (though it seems like he will be on the O line). Colgate had one freshman and one sophomore starter on the D line and another freshman in the two deep.

That being said, the good news for Patsy fans is that Coach Hunt sent out an email today announcing that Colgate's recruiting class will grow to 25 names once paperwork is done. He didn't specifically mention bringing in more recruits to break the 80 point Patsy threshold, but it was clearly implied in the email.

Moments like this can't help but remind me of the most famous quote from the schools of The Patriot League's most famous coach: "Winning isn't everything. There are also The Patsy's."

Yup, 2very different contests only tangentially related to one another