View Full Version : UTC extends Huesman through 2018

chattownmocs
February 20th, 2014, 08:51 AM
http://m.timesfreepress.com/news/2014/feb/20/utc-extends-huesman-contract-through-2018/?sports

344Johnson
February 20th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Hmmmm...... seems chattanooga Is pretty accepting of mediocrity.

chattownmocs
February 20th, 2014, 09:35 AM
Hmmmm...... seems chattanooga Is pretty accepting of mediocrity.

Huesman has transformed Chattanooga from one of the worst programs in the country to the brink of becoming an annual national title contender. No-brainer here.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 20th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Huesman has transformed Chattanooga from one of the worst programs in the country to the brink of becoming an annual national title contender. No-brainer here.

Do you even know what that means?

chattownmocs
February 20th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Do you even know what that means?

It means we will be in contention for national championships on a yearly basis.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 20th, 2014, 09:44 AM
It means we will be in contention for national champions on a yearly basis.

I'm just going to leave that one there. Anyone else want to take a crack at this?

Mattymc727
February 20th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Never change Chattown, never change.

- - - Updated - - -

And to think, some years i dont even consider UNH to be a title contender, and we make the playoffs every year.

Bisonator
February 20th, 2014, 10:33 AM

xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
February 20th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Never change Chattown, never change.

- - - Updated - - -

And to think, some years i dont even consider UNH to be a title contender, and we make the playoffs every year.

UNH put up a better fight than chatty would have last year.

FormerPokeCenter
February 20th, 2014, 10:42 AM

In which sport?

PaladinFan
February 20th, 2014, 11:08 AM

UTC (and fans) do not have a foggy clue what it takes to be a national title contender. UTC has never been there.

I would wager that there's not a single player on UTC's football team that was born the last (and only) time UTC even made the post season.

I will say that Husemann has elevated the team out of being a perennial doormat. Where you constantly get in trouble on this forum is that you assume UTC is a national title contender every single season. It has been 30 years since UTC made the post season, much less contended for a national title.

PaladinFan
February 20th, 2014, 11:12 AM
I found a video of a hypothetical matchup between UTC and North Dakota State. UTC is clearly Jim Carrey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75UT97Q12-Y

kdinva
February 20th, 2014, 11:14 AM
In which sport?

perhaps baseball?...........oh, wait. xrotatehx

cmaxwellgsu
February 20th, 2014, 11:17 AM

Yep, Chatty is the powerhouse of programs on the wrong side of the bubble.....

ursus arctos horribilis
February 20th, 2014, 11:37 AM
In all honesty leaving aside that chattown is gonna draw some fire every time. I think Huesman has dne a real good job at Chattanooga and on top of that by all appearances runs a pretty good, clean program and it seems is a good leader of young men. If you look at how close they've been to making the playoffs and just missing on a few nail biters here and there you can see that their talent is at least somewhere in the neighborhood now that it was definitely not at before he got there.

When citdog interviewed him last year I know both he and I came away very impressed with his honesty and insight on where they were at which was a good thing to see since we all have been treated the comedy stylings that chattown brings to the board.

When a guy has brought a program to this point from where they were I think I'd want to stick it out a little bit longer myself.

Congrats to the coach and school and hope to see em' in the playoffs making that next step soon.xthumbsupx

FCS_pwns_FBS
February 20th, 2014, 01:37 PM
In all honesty leaving aside that chattown is gonna draw some fire every time. I think Huesman has dne a real good job at Chattanooga and on top of that by all appearances runs a pretty good, clean program and it seems is a good leader of young men. If you look at how close they've been to making the playoffs and just missing on a few nail biters here and there you can see that their talent is at least somewhere in the neighborhood now that it was definitely not at before he got there.

When citdog interviewed him last year I know both he and I came away very impressed with his honesty and insight on where they were at which was a good thing to see since we all have been treated the comedy stylings that chattown brings to the board.

When a guy has brought a program to this point from where they were I think I'd want to stick it out a little bit longer myself.

Congrats to the coach and school and hope to see em' in the playoffs making that next step soon.xthumbsupx

Reminds me of when Pete Lembo was at Elon.

SpeedkingATL
February 20th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Certainly can't hurt to keep Hues around for a couple more years to see if he can get the Mocs to the next step. He's a pretty good recruiter and a damn good defensive mind.

As far a national championship contender, got to get to the playoffs to get there. They are a contender in the SoCon now which is a big improvement from the last couple of decades prior to Hues.

Southern Bison
February 20th, 2014, 04:37 PM
In which sport?

Certainly not wrestling...NDSU beat Chatty 28-10 last weekend. Chatty's rasslin' team scored more points on the Bison than their football team would have.

chattownmocs
February 20th, 2014, 05:49 PM
Certainly not wrestling...NDSU beat Chatty 28-10 last weekend. Chatty's rasslin' team scored more points on the Bison than their football team would have.

Actually we have a very strong wrestling program. We won't be winning any national titles but you guys must be very strong this year. I don't know how many points we "would have" scored on football, but "would have" is what you need to stick to.

MSUBobcat
February 20th, 2014, 06:56 PM

Good post about the coach xthumbsupx If only chattown could pump the brakes a bit....xrotatehx

MSUBobcat
February 20th, 2014, 07:03 PM
Actually we have a very strong wrestling program. We won't be winning any national titles but you guys must be very strong this year. I don't know how many points we "would have" scored on football, but "would have" is what you need to stick to.

So you really think UT-c would have scored more points than Towson's high powered offense?!??!?!? If I could, I would love to do the drugs you do!

BTW, love the new avatar. A shirt for being co-conference champs, while still missing the playoffs, is in the same realm as SHSU's natty champ runner up T-shirt. At least they had the good sense to pull them, while you apparently took a pic of one still on the mannequin.xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx Guess you gotta be proud of the program for it's improvements (and try to profit from the dimmer bulbs in the fanbase).

catamount man
February 20th, 2014, 09:04 PM
UTC (and fans) do not have a foggy clue what it takes to be a national title contender. UTC has never been there.

I would wager that there's not a single player on UTC's football team that was born the last (and only) time UTC even made the post season.

I will say that Husemann has elevated the team out of being a perennial doormat. Where you constantly get in trouble on this forum is that you assume UTC is a national title contender every single season. It has been 30 years since UTC made the post season, much less contended for a national title.

Well go out on a limb captain obvious since it was 1984. Furman math...HOLY S^^T!!!

PaladinFan
February 20th, 2014, 10:20 PM
Well go out on a limb captain obvious since it was 1984. Furman math...HOLY S^^T!!!

I didn't bother to look up the player's ages. 29 year old football players in college are rare, but they exist.

citdog
February 21st, 2014, 12:40 AM
29 year old football players in college are rare, but they exist.

Samford Qb Summerlin was 37 years old.

citdog
February 21st, 2014, 12:42 AM
The LAST thing other SoCon schools want is for Chatt and WCU to be competently led. They have ALWAYS had good athletes. Huesman is a good coach and Tennessee-Chattanooga was smart to lock him up.

Bisonoline
February 21st, 2014, 12:51 AM

Wow you really are setting the bar high for something to pound your pud over. LOL Trying to hang your hat on "we would have scored on you" is priceless!!!! Oh my. You just cant mAKE THIS STUFF UP. LOL

chattownmocs
February 21st, 2014, 09:30 AM

Now that we have had 2 dip****s misrepresent this post, lets take a look at what I actually said. "I don't know how many points we would have scored" what does this mean? "Would have is what you need to stick to" meaning, you need to stick to the past tense hypotheticals because the future is much different than the past for Chattanooga and NDSU.

walliver
February 21st, 2014, 09:38 AM
Huesman will stay at least 2 more year (until Mini-me graduates). If he is successful during that period, he is at risk of being picked up by a BCS program.

chattanoogamocs
February 22nd, 2014, 12:09 AM
UTC has had two coaches who have been enshrined in the College Football Hall of Fame. One was Frank Thomas who did great at UC and was hired by Alabama (which is where he really made his name and got his nomination)...the other was Scrappy Moore (who coached at UC his whole career).

But even with those famous coaches, the program (and the coaches) are still measured by Joe Morrison who coached Chattanooga from 1973 to 1979. Morrison also took over a team that needed to be rebuilt (the two seasons before his arrival, the Mocs had won a total of 4 games).

Morrison was 44-29-4 over 7 seasons, but his last 3 seasons, the Mocs went 25-6-2. It took time, but he got the program rolling.

Through 5 seasons, Morrison was 28-24-2, Huesman is 31-25-0. Hopefully Russ will continue to follow the upward trajectory.

Morrison was 7-3-1 in year 6, so I think Huesman has a good chance of another season record better than his former coach...I think the Mocs could realistically be 8-4 or 9-3 this season.

(Side note: Joe Morrison was hired right after he retired from the NFL...he had never coached a game at any level...I doubt you would a DI school take a risk like that in this day and age)

Bisonoline
February 22nd, 2014, 01:13 AM
Now that we have had 2 dip****s misrepresent this post, lets take a look at what I actually said. "I don't know how many points we would have scored" what does this mean? "Would have is what you need to stick to" meaning, you need to stick to the past tense hypotheticals because the future is much different than the past for Chattanooga and NDSU.

Wow glad you cleared that up. Craw dad much? xlmaoxxlmaox xrotatehx

catamount man
February 22nd, 2014, 07:03 AM
Anybody who doubts that Huesman has turned UTC around is just plain dumb. Best football coach they've had since Bill Oliver.

CID1990
February 22nd, 2014, 08:05 AM
I'm just going to leave that one there. Anyone else want to take a crack at this?

Chattown being a homer is the #1 given on AGS

The #2 given is that you or one of the other Bison bobbleheads would chime in within two posts of the original

NoDak 4 Ever
February 22nd, 2014, 08:20 AM
Chattown being a homer is the #1 given on AGS

The #2 given is that you or one of the other Bison bobbleheads would chime in within two posts of the original

I can't speak for anyone else but when some dumbass starts talking about his average team being a NC contender, I'll respond.

Like the Citadel. You guys at least know you're not in that conversation.

AshevilleApp2
February 22nd, 2014, 08:38 AM
UTC has had two coaches who have been enshrined in the College Football Hall of Fame. One was Frank Thomas who did great at UC and was hired by Alabama (which is where he really made his name and got his nomination)...the other was Scrappy Moore (who coached at UC his whole career).

But even with those famous coaches, the program (and the coaches) are still measured by Joe Morrison who coached Chattanooga from 1973 to 1979. Morrison also took over a team that needed to be rebuilt (the two seasons before his arrival, the Mocs had won a total of 4 games).

Morrison was 44-29-4 over 7 seasons, but his last 3 seasons, the Mocs went 25-6-2. It took time, but he got the program rolling.

Through 5 seasons, Morrison was 28-24-2, Huesman is 31-25-0. Hopefully Russ will continue to follow the upward trajectory.

Morrison was 7-3-1 in year 6, so I think Huesman has a good chance of another season record better than his former coach...I think the Mocs could realistically be 8-4 or 9-3 this season.

(Side note: Joe Morrison was hired right after he retired from the NFL...he had never coached a game at any level...I doubt you would a DI school take a risk like that in this day and age)

I didn't know that Morrison had coached at UTC. Helluva coach, who was even turning South Carolina around. Died much too soon.

chattownmocs
February 22nd, 2014, 10:50 AM

Maybe with Peyton Manning.

citdog
February 22nd, 2014, 01:57 PM
I can't speak for anyone else but when some dumbass starts talking about his average team being a NC contender, I'll respond.

Like the Citadel. You guys at least know you're not in that conversation.

the The is capitalized and the 'Dogs are THRUSTING!

Bisonoline
February 22nd, 2014, 02:42 PM

If I were you I would start with just making the the playoffs---once in the near future. Then try making the playoffs on a yearly basis.
As it sits you arent even in the NC conversation.

chattownmocs
February 22nd, 2014, 02:56 PM
NDSU will be the ones sitting home come playoff time this year. They try to turn everything into a discussion about them, it will be funny to watch when they are very average next year. I expect that their bandwagon fans from Arkansas, North Carolina, and Kansas wont be bragging about their 2014 team.

citdog
February 22nd, 2014, 03:10 PM
NDSU will be the ones sitting home come playoff time this year. They try to turn everything into a discussion about them, it will be funny to watch when they are very average next year. I expect that their bandwagon fans from Arkansas, North Carolina, and Kansas wont be bragging about their 2014 team.

Funny......all those people that you mention by their Sovereign States were members here before you were.........so who is the bandwagon jumper here????? you should 'volunteer' any info you have.

just stood up for Nodak.......feel like I need a hot shower.

chattownmocs
February 22nd, 2014, 03:14 PM
Funny......all those people that you mention by their Sovereign States were members here before you were.........so who is the bandwagon jumper here????? you should 'volunteer' any info you have.

just stood up for Nodak.......feel like I need a hot shower.

Actually 1 of them was. STFU

citdog
February 22nd, 2014, 03:39 PM
STFU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBrJjBwO8MI

NoDak 4 Ever
February 22nd, 2014, 03:59 PM
Actually 1 of them was. STFU

The "Arkansas" guy spilled blood on the field as a member of the team for 4 winning seasons at NDSU in the early 70's competing in the same division as UTC who couldn't muster up more than 4 wins.

chattownmocs
February 22nd, 2014, 04:37 PM
The "Arkansas" guy spilled blood on the field as a member of the team for 4 winning seasons at NDSU in the early 70's competing in the same division as UTC who couldn't muster up more than 4 wins.

Oh wow, how epic. He spilled his own blood? Congrats. And now he is an Arkansas reject.

citdog
February 22nd, 2014, 04:43 PM
I skinned my knee once whilst performing fellatio on Johnny Majors.

how nice for you!

IBleedYellow
February 22nd, 2014, 04:59 PM
I sometimes feel bad for Chattownmoc.

Today is not one of those times.

On Topic: If your coach has been doing what the administration wants, and the fans agree with his goals, I see no reason to NOT give him a contract extension. If anything it will give UTC that chance of winning the AB from the SoCon in the near future or at least a bid into the playoffs. I still think it was pretty cruel from ESPN to show UTC's team selection Sunday and then they didn't make the playoff field.

Bisonoline
February 22nd, 2014, 05:22 PM
Oh wow, how epic. He spilled his own blood? Congrats. And now he is an Arkansas reject.

Reject? Please explain how. Rejected like you were for the playoffs???

Congrats on your coming out. Party is in your mouth and everyone is coming right?

NoDak 4 Ever
February 22nd, 2014, 07:59 PM
Reject? Please explain how. Rejected like you were for the playoffs???

Congrats on your coming out. Party is in your mouth and everyone is coming right?

Not to mention you're in Arkansas because you have a job that keeps you there.

Fortunately for chattown, there are Subways everywhere so he never has to leave.

citdog
February 22nd, 2014, 08:21 PM
Fortunately for chattown, there are Subways everywhere so he never has to leave.

And you get your skirt all ruffled over the housewife meme......

http://iranian.com/main/files/blogimages/Pot_Calling_the_Kettle_Black_T-Shirt.png

NoDak 4 Ever
February 22nd, 2014, 08:34 PM

http://iranian.com/main/files/blogimages/Pot_Calling_the_Kettle_Black_T-Shirt.png

because it's honestly the only thing you idiots have when you start losing an argument. With chattown, he's never in it.

Bisonoline
February 23rd, 2014, 01:00 AM
Not to mention you're in Arkansas because you have a job that keeps you there.

Actually its because hes a troll and an azzhole. Read ----http://tinyurl.com/lesvvfw

Internet trolls likely to be jerks in real life, too, study shows

Hollywood media is no stranger to the vast amount of internet trolls that dominate social media and the web at large. By: TheWrap.com, INFORUM

Well, if you ever wondered whether the jerk who left that mean YouTube comment on your favorite music video was a jerk in real life, you might have been on to something. Some new scientific evidence is in and it turns out many internet trolls act the same in real life.
According to a new study published by University of Manitoba researchers, internet trolls – people who commonly lurk on message boards and post offensive material to get a rise out of people – exhibit anti-social behavior in their offline settings as well.
The finding — authored by Erin Buckelsa, Paul Trapnellb and Delroy Paulhusc — revealed that those who trolled online also tended to have the “Dark Tetrad of personality” — featuring traits of “sadism, psychopathy, and Machiavellianism.”
The Canadian researchers defined trolling as the “practice of behaving in a deceptive, destructive, or disruptive manner in a social setting on the Internet with no apparent instrumental purpose.”
The study concluded that “enjoyment of other online activities, such as chatting and debating, was unrelated to sadism. Thus cyber-trolling appears to be an Internet manifestation of everyday sadism.”

fmrbearkat
February 24th, 2014, 01:32 PM

Hot dang Citdog your on freaking fire!! This and post #44 are the best two posts I've seen on here in the last month! Kuddo's to you Johnny R. xthumbsupx

mountaineer in Cane Land
February 25th, 2014, 07:23 AM
chatt giving him a new contract makes sense, he has achieved more than any other coach before him, though you got to admit, the bar wasn't set very high to begin with. Still, there is no excuse for not making the playoffs atleast once, needs to start making the playoffs to justify the faith the administration has put in him.

cmaxwellgsu
February 26th, 2014, 04:49 PM
Aside from being a smartass to Chattown, Huesman has elevated every level of the Mocs football program. He has definitely earned the extension.