PDA

View Full Version : Punter gets team MVP

Go Green
February 12th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Columbia--which had an awful season even by Columbia standards (and that's saying something)--named its punter team MVP yesterday.

Has that ever happened before at any level?

nwFL Griz
February 12th, 2014, 11:23 AM
Yup, my beloved Hurricanes named the punter MVP twice in the last 5 years (Matt Bosher, Pat O'Donnell)

PAllen
February 12th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Never a good sign when your punter has the best year of any player on the team.

Twentysix
February 12th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Dragosavich could have probably been an NDSU MVP during some of our 10-1 seasons.

andy7171
February 12th, 2014, 02:38 PM
****ing kickers.

Beachdude
February 12th, 2014, 04:53 PM
Not sure if he ever got an MVP, but Ray Guy was an All American at Southern Mississippi, and the first pure punter to ever be drafted in the first round. After his senior season, he was named MVP of the College All Star game of 1973, back when the college all star's played the Super bowl champion.

ngineer
February 13th, 2014, 04:47 PM
I guess you could say they "have a leg up"....(;-)

bjtheflamesfan
February 13th, 2014, 10:27 PM
Not sure if he ever got an MVP, but Ray Guy was an All American at Southern Mississippi, and the first pure punter to ever be drafted in the first round. After his senior season, he was named MVP of the College All Star game of 1973, back when the college all star's played the Super bowl champion.

AND...on Super Bowl weekend, got his LONG overdue call to the Hall...

Laker
February 14th, 2014, 12:36 PM
I had thought of Ray Guy too. Ball State had a great punter several years ago- they played in the Metrodome against the Gophers and the newspaper talked about how good he was. He had some great hang time, but I can't remember his name. I think he was drafted by the NFL.