PDA

View Full Version : Understanding the 2014 Patsy Ratings

Lehigh Football Nation
February 9th, 2014, 02:43 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/02/recruiting-analysis-how-2014-patsy.html

The much-needed introduction before the first of the Patsy Ratings get unveiled next week.

First up will be Bucknell.

Tribe4SF
February 10th, 2014, 07:34 AM
xpopcornx

Always fun to follow the machinations of PL fans. Looking forward to another 100 page thread that leaves readers wondering if PL graduates are allowed to have constructive hobbies.

CFBfan
February 10th, 2014, 08:42 AM
xpopcornx

Always fun to follow the machinations of PL fans. Looking forward to another 100 page thread that leaves readers wondering if PL graduates are allowed to have constructive hobbies.

it's less than 10 guys Tribe, don't sterotype all PL grads!!!!

PAllen
February 10th, 2014, 09:14 AM
xpopcornx

Nope :D

Lehigh Football Nation
February 10th, 2014, 09:28 AM
xpopcornx

Considering the Committee and I are going to be spending multiple nights with Excel as our best friends, it seems like we're not allowed to have constructive hobbies.

Wait till we take the Patsy Ratings national... xrotatehx

DFW HOYA
February 10th, 2014, 10:44 AM
How will the ratings adjust on "roster size" if Georgetown is the only school recruiting 25 or more a year?

RichH2
February 10th, 2014, 11:11 AM
xpopcornx

xnodx PL is a constructive hobby "She who must be obeyed" loves it. Keeps me home rather than bouncing down to Bedlam every chance I get. xeyebrowx

Bogus Megapardus
February 10th, 2014, 11:40 AM
xpopcornx

I have many constructive hobbies. It's the deconstructive ones that worry me most.

But c'mon, now, Tribe, you have to admit we can be mildly entertaining at times. Unlike those dreadfully dull Ivies . . . . ;)

bison137
February 10th, 2014, 05:17 PM
Curious as to whether these rankings will be based on all documented signings or only those in the initial press release.

RichH2
February 10th, 2014, 05:56 PM
Curious as to whether these rankings will be based on all documented signings or only those in the initial press release.
In past yrs both carney and LFN have updated Patsy score with new recruits..

breezy
February 10th, 2014, 06:41 PM
As I recall, under the former regime, the recruiting classes did NOT include transfers or recruits who had completed a post-grad year after high school.

Recruiting website "ratings" from prior years were not considered.

Is there going to be any change in these facets of the Patsy Ratings?

Bogus Megapardus
February 10th, 2014, 09:32 PM
LFN - clear your PM box (again)!

bison137
February 11th, 2014, 02:56 PM
In past yrs both carney and LFN have updated Patsy score with new recruits..

FWIW, Bucknell has added two since the press release:

1. Joey DeFloria 5-10, 195 lb RB from Hempfield in the WPIAL. Rushed for about 1500 yards and 15 TD's in nine games. Was 2nd team AAAA all-state as a kick/punt returner. Also all-state in baseball. Had a 4.45 40 and a few others under 4.50.

2. Jake Lawton 6-1, 215 lb LB from Orlando FL (Bishop Moore). HM on the Greater Orlando team.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 11th, 2014, 03:04 PM
It's a good thing you Bison guys are closing these guys fast. Did Bucknell add them to the original release? That helps a lot when considering the Patsy Ratings because I need to know if they're a "recruited athlete" or a PWO.

Bogus Megapardus
February 11th, 2014, 03:07 PM
FWIW, Bucknell has added two since the press release:

1. Joey DeFloria 5-10, 195 lb RB from Hempfield in the WPIAL. Rushed for about 1500 yards and 15 TD's in nine games. Was 2nd team AAAA all-state as a kick/punt returner. Also all-state in baseball. Had a 4.45 40 and a few others under 4.50.

2. Jake Lawton 6-1, 215 lb LB from Orlando FL (Bishop Moore). HM on the Greater Orlando team.

https://twitter.com/JSully12/status/431419822132723712:

"2014 OF Joey DeFloria signed with Bucknell to play football. Attended our MLK Showcase. Highest level athlete. 6.6 60."

https://twitter.com/prepbaseball/status/431417170740797440:

"Congrats to OF Joey DeFloria (Hempfield Area), #30 in Class of 2014, on signing football NLI to with Bucknell yesterday"

Very nice pick up. Does Bucknell still have scholarships to give? There are some quality academic players still out there.

Bogus Megapardus
February 11th, 2014, 03:09 PM
It's a good thing you Bison guys are closing these guys fast. Did Bucknell add them to the original release? That helps a lot when considering the Patsy Ratings because I need to know if they're a "recruited athlete" or a PWO.

Tweet above suggests that DeFloria signed an NLI.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 11th, 2014, 03:51 PM
Tweet above suggests that DeFloria signed an NLI.

In baseball, though, or football? Not saying it's wrong, but sometimes on two-sports guys it's confusing. Ask RichH.

RichH2
February 11th, 2014, 04:56 PM
Yup, A-S football player, big news committed to LU. For baseball!

Bogus Megapardus
February 11th, 2014, 05:41 PM
Yup, A-S football player, big news committed to LU. For baseball!

You mean he committed to Lehigh for baseball but then changed his mind and went to Lewisburg for football? Obviously a talented kid if he had that kind of choice.

WestCoastAggie
February 11th, 2014, 06:23 PM
Considering the Committee and I are going to be spending multiple nights with Excel as our best friends, it seems like we're not allowed to have constructive hobbies.

Wait till we take the Patsy Ratings national... xrotatehx

you should do the patsy rankings for the MEAC.

Bogus Megapardus
February 11th, 2014, 06:36 PM
you should do the patsy rankings for the MEAC.

Anyone can do Patsy Ratings for their conference. The system was created by carney2 and he has posted the formula here a few times. Of course if you do the ratings for the MEAC they wouldn't really be "Patsy" ratings . . . we wear that badge with pride. xrolleyesx

Lehigh Football Nation
February 12th, 2014, 01:14 PM
This is how you get extra adds to your Patsy incoming class:

http://fordhamsports.com/news/2014/2/12/FB_0212145154.aspx

Fordham University Head Football Coach Joe Moorhead (http://fordhamsports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=175) announced the signing of Ben Hartman to a letter of intent with Fordham for the 2014 season. He joins ten other signees to the Fordham Football program for 2014.

Hartman, a 6'5, 295-pound, native of Del Rio, Texas, was a four-year starter on the line at Del Rio High School where he played for head coach Frenchey McCrea. He was named to 2013 Class 5A Region IV Pre-Season Elite Team and was a second team 2013 All-District 29-5A Team selection at offensive tackle at season's end. He was also named offensive lineman of the year and served as a team captain.

An official release means I can't miss a guy like this, even by accident.

Tribe4SF
February 12th, 2014, 02:22 PM
That helps a lot when considering the Patsy Ratings because I need to know if they're a "recruited athlete" or a PWO.

PWOs are recruited athletes. Anxious to watch the discussion here as the actual status of PL signees seems to be very much in question, particularly with the Lafayette class.

RichH2
February 12th, 2014, 02:52 PM
PWOs by definition are recruited. LU does not specify. IIR, Gate did last yr. I would rather include all but PGs and transfers. Better than trying to guess.

carney2
February 12th, 2014, 11:49 PM

The "prior regime" only accepted official press releases from the institution. No Twitters, newspaper articles, etc. uncovered by zealous alums. It's part of that "level playing field" thing. Lafayette and Lehigh - and maybe Colgate and Holy Cross - would have a decided leg up in this area because they have a group of alums who are way into this stuff.

bison137
February 13th, 2014, 08:41 AM
In baseball, though, or football? Not saying it's wrong, but sometimes on two-sports guys it's confusing. Ask RichH.

Definitely for football, as confirmed on his own twitter account and in newspaper articles.

https://twitter.com/defloria_123

http://triblive.com/sports/hssports/highschoolrecruiting/5536618-74/sblt-catholic-central#axzz2tDHIGFvV