PDA

View Full Version : SHSU Date with Oklahoma St Confirmed for '07

TexasTerror
October 18th, 2006, 07:28 AM
Kats currently travel to Oklahoma St once the deal is signed and host Missouri St in 2007....
==========
Oklahoma State will face Rhett Bomar after all. The Cowboys are close to completing their 2007 schedule after signing a contract to play Sam Houston State Sept. 29 at Boone Pickens Stadium.

Bomar transferred to Sam Houston State after he was kicked off the team at Oklahoma when officials discovered he was being paid for work he didn't do at a Norman car dealership.

OSU's 2007 schedule has some interesting twists. The Cowboys open conference play on Sept. 22, hosting Texas Tech the week before Sam Houston State. Bedlam is scheduled for Oct. 27 in Norman, not Thanksgiving weekend. The Sept. 1 season opener was supposed to be against Rice in Houston. But Rice officials are trying to get out of the contract, which leaves the opener in limbo.

By Mike Baldwin

2007 OSU schedule
Sept. 1 — TBA

Sept. 8 — FLORIDA ATLANTIC

Sept. 15 — at Troy

Sept. 22 — TEXAS TECH

Sept. 29 — SAM HOUSTON STATE

Oct. 6 — at Texas A&M

Oct. 13 — at Nebraska

Oct. 20 — KANSAS STATE

Oct. 27 — at Oklahoma

Nov. 3 — TEXAS

Nov. 10 — KANSAS

Nov. 17 at Baylor

http://www.newsok.com/article/2957742/

blackfordpu
October 18th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Hopefully that will be our only I-A game.

TexasTerror
October 18th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Hopefully that will be our only I-A game.

Unless the I-AA subdivision goes to 12 games OR something amazing falls in our lap...I think SHSU will go to just one I-A game a year...

Oklahoma St is a good one. A regional foe that will give us loads of publicity because of the Rhett Bomar situation (returning to Oklahoma)...

Would love if SHSU continually scheduled the likes of the Univ of Houston, SMU, TCU and Rice...schools in the major populated areas of Texas so our alums can show up!

blackfordpu
October 18th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Unless the I-AA subdivision goes to 12 games OR something amazing falls in our lap...I think SHSU will go to just one I-A game a year...

Oklahoma St is a good one. A regional foe that will give us loads of publicity because of the Rhett Bomar situation (returning to Oklahoma)...

Would love if SHSU continually scheduled the likes of the Univ of Houston, SMU, TCU and Rice...schools in the major populated areas of Texas so our alums can show up!

All depends on if he is our starting QB at the time too though.

TexasTerror
October 18th, 2006, 09:27 PM
All depends on if he is our starting QB at the time too though.

I don't think that'll matter much, the Oklahoma media will be all over it...perhaps the national media as well depending on how things develop. Perhaps the Bomar factor even led to a bigger payday?

DuckDuckGriz
October 18th, 2006, 11:10 PM
Holy crap how much orange can all of us take in one day?? :eek:

griz37
October 18th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Maybe you guys should try to hire those PAC-10 officials & replay guys. :smiley_wi

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 07:13 AM
Holy crap how much orange can all of us take in one day?? :eek:

That's exactly what my boss said! xlolx