PDA

View Full Version : Bucknell v. Lehigh

ngineer
October 17th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Other than Ken Z--are there any other Bison (Lewisburg, Pa. version) out there??
BU has already surpassed last season's record and seems to have developed some consistency with their offense. Lehigh's weakness, for the most part has been giving up the pass, which BU is not known for doing, so I would expect us to have the edge in preparation, although prepping for the option is never fun. Everyone has to be disciplined with their assignments. I certainly hope Kotulski (Lehigh's DC) will have the LB's being aggressive and forcing the QB early. I hate it when a defense 'lays back' and tries to string out the option, I think you need to attack it.
Offensively, I hope the OL gets it's act together. The run blocking disappeared in the second half at Yale, and the pass blocking was also sub-standard. I expect us to show up for an entire game. Should be a big crowd with Alumni Weekend and Bucknell has a good local alumni contingent.

justballn21
October 17th, 2006, 09:15 PM
if the lehigh defense is to be any indication of their defensive coordinator, then they will definitely be aggressive against the option. That was one of our best games at holy Cross defensively because he came up with such a solid gameplan. If anything you won't get outcoached on defense. good luck this weekend lehigh.

ngineer
October 17th, 2006, 10:36 PM
I've met the guy and he seems to have a very good pedigree. However our defense has not jelled completely, and I think it is part of the 3-4 adjustment, but not sure if we have the personnel right now for it. We've been pretty good against the run this year, until Yale put up 250 yards this past week. If he has the same philsophy as Gilmore--which is aggressive, I'll be happy.