PDA

View Full Version : OVC Commissioner wants the 12th game.

Cocky
June 17th, 2005, 04:50 PM
http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/NEWSV5/storyV516conferwj.htm (http://)

JSU02
June 18th, 2005, 05:19 PM
Well good for the OVC. It goes on to say that most I-AA schools are in favor of the 12th game, but that it didn't happen because of " flaw in our governance". The only problem is that we would need to expand the season by 1 week if we wanted to keep a bye week.

Cocky
June 18th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Well good for the OVC. It goes on to say that most I-AA schools are in favor of the 12th game, but that it didn't happen because of " flaw in our governance". .

I think the posters on AGS could have told him that along time ago. The flaw was exposed when I found AGS.

Golden Eagle
June 19th, 2005, 12:51 PM
One would think this might solve the TSU Classic problem, but knowing them they'd just schedule another Classic instead.

JaxSinfonian
June 19th, 2005, 10:23 PM
Don't forget Austin Peay becomes a league member again in what, 2007? If I-AA has the 12th game by then, they'll still be short an OVC game. If we stick to an 11-game schedule, they're really going to have to figure something out. I would not support TSU getting to skip two league games.

tsutiger
June 20th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Golden Eagle
One would think this might solve the TSU Classic problem, but knowing them they'd just schedule another Classic instead.

Don’t hate the player hate the game. :)

TSU doesn’t have a classic problem. What we do have is a contract with the OVC that allows us to play 4 non conference opponents. :D

Instead of hating on us, you might want to contact the OVC commish about having only 7 conference games. Put your AD to work on scheduling a pay day. Would you rather play a non conference opponent of your choice or Austin Peay? I don’t like having to play each conference opponent.

JaxSinfonian
June 20th, 2005, 12:15 PM
I don't think Golden Eagle meant to say that TSU has a classic problem. It's the rest of the league that has a problem with it.

I'd like to keep TSU in the conference, but I don't like the skip-a-game rule. I like the idea of skip-two even less. If the Tigers continue to insist on skipping games, I suggest they reconsider their membership in the league.

Would you rather play a non conference opponent of your choice or Austin Peay? I don’t like having to play each conference opponent.
Then what's the point of being a member of the conference? If Austin Peay's in the conference, we'll play Austin Peay.

Golden Eagle
June 20th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Yeah, the "TSU Classic Problem" is a problem for the OVC. For TSU it is a good thing, I guess.

But good point about Peay coming back. And all these rumors about UTC/Morehead/Northern KY makes it that much more confusing.

arkstfan
June 21st, 2005, 04:42 PM
Just make a small rule change for the 12th game in I-AA. Let I-AA open the season a week earlier.