PDA

View Full Version : PL Signing Day thread

Franks Tanks
February 5th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Post info here!

Also what is up with the Lafayette board?

carney2
February 5th, 2014, 11:03 AM
Also what is up with the Lafayette board?

22 signees. Andy and friends had most of it surrounded weeks ago.

Franks Tanks
February 5th, 2014, 11:05 AM
22 signees. Andy and friends had most of it surrounded weeks ago.

I can't get on as it is loading super slow.

I see we lost two of our expected kids in Quinter and LaBonty, and picked up 3-4 kids we didn't know about who appear to be walk-ons.

carney2
February 5th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Correction: Lafayette has 26 signees. A last minute surprise is a RB out of Illinois. He is rated by the scouting services and joins a 2-star out of Arizona who has been on the radar for a while now.

carney2
February 5th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Everyone on College Hill seems very pleased. Doing my own run through the Patsy Ratings routine (yes, I trust you, LFN; just can't help myself) and it looks like even I will be impressed.

van
February 5th, 2014, 01:48 PM
Everyone on College Hill seems very pleased. Doing my own run through the Patsy Ratings routine (yes, I trust you, LFN; just can't help myself) and it looks like even I will be impressed.

Carney impressed? What is this world coming to?

carney2
February 5th, 2014, 02:11 PM
Basic stats for Lafayette recruiting class of 2018:

OFFENSE = 15
QB = 1
RB = 3
WR = 5
TE = 2
OL = 4

DEFENSE = 10
DL = 2
LB = 5
DB = 3

SPECIAL TEAMS = 1

By State:
PA = 9
CT = 4
NJ = 3
CA = 2
IL = 2
NY = 2
AZ = 1
CO = 1
MA = 1
MI = 1

By Recruiting Service Ratings:
2-Star = 6
Rated With No Stars = 9

For the first time in memory Lafayette won recruiting battles with the Ivys, including Harvard, Penn and Yale.

Sader87
February 5th, 2014, 02:17 PM
HC as of 2:30 today:

Tentative List:

***LB JACK KUTSCHKE, 6-5, 235 (Lake Forest HS, Lake Forest, IL)
***DB MIKE McCAFFREY, 5-10, 185 (BBN HS, Cambridge, MA)
LB JAKE STEWART, 6-1, 210 (St. Thomas Aquinas HS, Fort Lauderdale, FL)
OL RYAN CONTE, 6-4, 280 (Phillips Exeter Academy, Somerville, MA)
***TE JAYKE SIMSHEUSER, 6-4, 240 (Rockhurst HS, Kansas City, MO)
***WR ANDRE HARTON, 5-10, 160 (Alpharetta HS, Alpharetta, GA)
LB LAWTON WARD, 5-11, 180 (Marietta HS, Marietta, GA)
***DB ALIM MUHAMMAD, 5-9, 160 (Mary Inst Country Day, St. Louis, MO)
***RB DiQUAN WALKER, 5-11, 180 (Clearwater Central Catholic HS, Clearwater, FL)
***QB BLAISE BELL, 6-2, 185 (Metea Valley HS, Napierville, IL)
***WR MATT MILLETT, 6-3, 205 (Marblehead HS, Marblehead, MA)
***LB DAN PROANO, 6-2, 220 (Notre Dame HS, Niles, IL)
***QB JAMES McHALE, 6-3, 195 (Fordham Prep, New York, NY)
P WILL McGRAIL, 6-4, 200 (Don Bosco Prep, Ramsey, NJ)
***ATH AHMAD TYLER, 6-3, 180 (Rockhurst HS, Kansas City, MO)
ATH TIM SMITH, 6-3, 220 (Dartmouth HS, Dartmouth, MA)
***WR DARRIUS LACY, 5-11, 175 (Northeast HS, St. Petersburg, FL)
***DL PHIL ZOBREST, 6-5, 225 (Alden HS, Alden, NY)
DB BRETT LAURIE, 5-11, 185 (Glenbrook South HS, Glenville, IL)
DB ANDERS RAARUP, 6-2, 180 (St. Thomas Academy, Mendota Heights, MN)
***LB NICK McBEATH, 6-1, 205 (Columbus HS, Miami, FL)
***DB CHASE STRATTON, 6-0, 185 (Alpharetta HS, Alpharetta, GA)
***DL CHARLES STEELE, 6-8, 275 (Suffield Academy, Suffield, CT)

Those marked with 3 asterisks have had some indication that they have signed an LOI today. Awaiting word on the others.

Bogus Megapardus
February 5th, 2014, 03:05 PM
***LB NICK McBEATH, 6-1, 205 (Columbus HS, Miami, FL)

We wanted this kid! xbangx

Sader87
February 5th, 2014, 03:14 PM
Official list:

http://www.goholycross.com/sports/m-footbl/2013-14/releases/20140205yvxntl

Bogus Megapardus
February 5th, 2014, 03:45 PM
Here are Lafayette's 26 recruits:

http://www.goleopards.com/signingday/signing-day-central-14.html#bios

Go Lehigh TU owl
February 5th, 2014, 03:51 PM
Lehigh's class has also been posted. 18 HS signees and one transfer. The only kid I'm familiar with is Nico Munley from Riverside (alma mater of Glen Kempa and Harry Armstrong).

http://lehighsports.com/news/2014/2/5/FB_0205141653.aspx

Franks Tanks
February 5th, 2014, 04:00 PM
Lafayette did well at WR and RB, and I think we got a pretty good QB and TE form Cali. OL guys are big and athletic.

We focused on LB andf DB on D. Root could be an absolute beast. I like Conn and Bryant a lot as well. The kid from Milton Hershey who missed his senior year with an ACL is a sleeper.

RichH2
February 5th, 2014, 04:24 PM
Lehigh's class has also been posted. 18 HS signees and one transfer. The only kid I'm familiar with is Nico Munley from Riverside (alma mater of Glen Kempa and Harry Armstrong).
M
http://lehighsports.com/news/2014/2/5/FB_0205141653.aspx

Not a deep class but very good quality. McCain ILB and Smith OL both had numerous FBS offers. A lot of speed.Yosha and Leigh big fast RBs. 5WRs all very good. Stop by and check out bios for recruits. It will cheer you up.

van
February 5th, 2014, 04:42 PM
Not a deep class but very good quality. McCain ILB and Smith OL both had numerous FBS offers. A lot of speed.Yosha and Leigh big fast RBs. 5WRs all very good. Stop by and check out bios for recruits. It will cheer you up.

Per interview with Andy, expects to add a few more this weekend and end up with low 20's. Really like the 3 DLs and the RB transfer.

DFW HOYA
February 5th, 2014, 04:48 PM
Georgetown's signing day. Somewhere in...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-PKnOzekidjw/UcGfjNi2QyI/AAAAAAAAj1Q/W0P1Jda-xbY/s320/B1b+Blank+Calendar+2014+May.jpg

Bogus Megapardus
February 5th, 2014, 04:54 PM
Bucknell signed no OL and no RB. Those were position of serious need for the buffaloes, IMO. Still not a bad class.

http://www.bucknellbison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=32100&ATCLID=209397269

Bogus Megapardus
February 5th, 2014, 04:57 PM
Colgate, by contrast, goes heavy on the OL. Really nice class in Hamilton.

http://www.gocolgateraiders.com/news/2014/2/5/FB_0205144721.aspx

http://www.gocolgateraiders.com/common/controls/image_handler.aspx?thumb_prefix=large&image_path=/images/2014/2/5/COAST2COAST.jpg

Go Lehigh TU owl
February 5th, 2014, 04:57 PM

Lehigh's teams, at least the last 15 years, have been built on speed rather than size. Overall, that trend seems to be continuing to some extent...

The most important additions seem to be the two big DL. That was Lehigh's only glaring weakness imo.

RichH2
February 5th, 2014, 05:10 PM
Lehigh's teams, at least the last 15 years, have been built on speed rather than size. Overall, that trend seems to be continuing to some extent...

The most important additions seem to be the two big DL. That was Lehigh's only glaring weakness imo.

Yup Cavenas beast inside. McCain and Coffman both big agile ILBs. Another couple of CBs is my ongoing wish.
O is full loaded and very deep. Assuming Drew can settle the QB spot we s/b even better. Thank God we kept Sawyer. OL will be very good and deep. a bit daunted by the depth and talent of Pards,Cross and Gate classes but we did fine for us.

Lehigh'98
February 5th, 2014, 06:58 PM
So if you had to rank the classes, what order would you go?

Go Lehigh TU owl
February 5th, 2014, 07:27 PM

I'm honestly not sure how you rank classes. I hate to single out a guy but McBeath works as a great example. All the PL boards were drooling over this kid yet his FBS offers were from the likes of UMass and Directional Florida U. The kid obviously wasn't good enough to get serious looks from respectable FBS programs so he settled on a free ride to a great school. I'm sorry, but I can't see getting too excited over getting a kid that would otherwise be playing for FIU/FAU or whoever.....

I'd be interested to see what schools these recruits were deciding between. Did Lehigh beat out Delaware or Villanova for a kid? Colgate steal someone from Syracuse or Maine?

IIRC, Borda was probably the highest rated player Lehigh signed? Wasn't he legitimately ranked as one of the Top 10 junior QB's while at Becca? Then he got in some trouble. He still had to be in the Top 25/30. Wasn't Kendra ranked #1 by some? He was a helluva FB...

ngineer
February 5th, 2014, 07:46 PM
Basic stats for Lafayette recruiting class of 2018:

OFFENSE = 15
QB = 1
RB = 3
WR = 5
TE = 2
OL = 4

DEFENSE = 10
DL = 2
LB = 5
DB = 3

SPECIAL TEAMS = 1

By State:
PA = 9
CT = 4
NJ = 3
CA = 2
IL = 2
NY = 2
AZ = 1
CO = 1
MA = 1
MI = 1

By Recruiting Service Ratings:
2-Star = 6
Rated With No Stars = 9

For the first time in memory Lafayette won recruiting battles with the Ivys, including Harvard, Penn and Yale.

Interesting, not one southern school? By intentional focus elsewhere or just fluke?

Franks Tanks
February 5th, 2014, 07:50 PM
I'm honestly not sure how you rank classes. I hate to single out a guy but McBeath works as a great example. All the PL boards were drooling over this kid yet his FBS offers were from the likes of UMass and Directional Florida U. The kid obviously wasn't good enough to get serious looks from respectable FBS programs so he settled on a free ride to a great school. I'm sorry, but I can't see getting too excited over getting a kid that would otherwise be playing for FIU/FAU or whoever.....

I'd be interested to see what schools these recruits were deciding between. Did Lehigh beat out Delaware or Villanova for a kid? Colgate steal someone from Syracuse or Maine?

IIRC, Borda was probably the highest rated player Lehigh signed? Wasn't he legitimately ranked as one of the Top 10 junior QB's while at Becca? Then he got in some trouble. He still had to be in the Top 25/30. Wasn't Kendra ranked #1 by some? He was a helluva FB...

Hard to get an accurate read on other offers, but for Lafayette Merriweather had an offer from Northern Arizona and Polumbo has Northern Colorado.

Borda was a 2 star according to scout and rivals by the way. Lafayette's incoming QB also carries a 2 star rating.

ngineer
February 5th, 2014, 07:54 PM
I think we did fine. DL addressed and some very athletic CBs/Wrs and two very strong RBs. Two QBs for depth...including the NEPHEW of FRANK BAUR!!!!xeekx

Interesting no Special teams players. Obviously we have the rising soph PK, but we lose the senior punter, so I can only assume Andy is fine with the underclassman, whose name I cannot recall at the moment.

RichH2
February 5th, 2014, 07:57 PM
I think we did fine. DL addressed and some very athletic CBs/Wrs and two very strong RBs. Two QBs for depth...including the NEPHEW of FRANK BAUR!!!!xeekx

Interesting no Special teams players. Obviously we have the rising soph PK, but we lose the senior punter, so I can only assume Andy is fine with the underclassman, whose name I cannot recall at the moment.
Devine A-S NJ strong leg, problem was consistency

ngineer
February 5th, 2014, 07:59 PM
Devine A-S NJ strong leg, problem was consistency

OK. Well, hopefully he's been practicing a lot this winter. We've been very good with positional punting the past couple years. A good punter really goes a long way toward having a good defense.

Go Lehigh TU owl
February 5th, 2014, 08:06 PM
Hard to get an accurate read on other offers, but for Lafayette Merriweather had an offer from Northern Arizona and Polumbo has Northern Colorado.

Borda was a 2 star according to scout and rivals by the way. Lafayette's incoming QB also carries a 2 star rating.

Really surprised he was only 2 stars. I honestly thought he had an offer from Tennessee before he got in trouble. He was definitely ranked higher as a junior than a senior.

RichH2
February 5th, 2014, 08:06 PM

Pards Gate fairly even at the top Cross close behind.
LU next on balance lots of speed and size where we needed. FBS McCain and Smith legit FBS offers, lots of other FCS offers sprinkled throughout' Recruits on both O and D
BU all D and a QB. FU 10 but 2 studs on D. GU TBD

According to Andy 2 or 3 more for class shortly. So we'll see then

RichH2
February 5th, 2014, 08:09 PM
Really surprised he was only 2 stars. I honestly thought he had an offer from Tennessee before he got in trouble. He was definitely ranked higher as a junior than a senior.
Ft a bit disingenuous. Borda 2** when he signed with us. Prior to trouble he was ranked the #31 QB in the country. Was set to go to Maryland before he screwed up

RichH2
February 5th, 2014, 08:13 PM
** are nice for Patsiy score not much else. LU has had a number of 2** QBs that either weren't very good or never made the field. Few of our best even had a rating. Doesn't preclude kid from being good, just does not mean he is

Franks Tanks
February 5th, 2014, 09:05 PM
Ft a bit disingenuous. Borda 2** when he signed with us. Prior to trouble he was ranked the #31 QB in the country. Was set to go to Maryland before he screwed up

Who cares he wasn't that good anyway.

RichH2
February 5th, 2014, 09:09 PM
Lol not our best but very good until his knee injury.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 5th, 2014, 10:23 PM
Borda not our best? He was on the road to being a very good quarterback before the leg injury that did in his time playing football.

bison137
February 6th, 2014, 01:08 AM
Bucknell signed no OL and no RB. Those were position of serious need for the buffaloes, IMO. Still not a bad class.

http://www.bucknellbison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=32100&ATCLID=209397269

Bucknell had no need at all at OL and very little at RB. They return all 14 of their OL - two of whom were All-PL. They started two frosh on the OL and on the two-deep, there were 8 frosh/sophs and 2 juniors. At RB, they return their top three, including CJ Williams, a freshman who made All-PL, plus soph Matt DelMauro, who averaged 5.3 ypc on 92 carries.

Having said that, BU did add a RB signee, Joey DeFloria from Hempfield in the WPIAL. He rushed for about 1500 yards and 15 TD's in nine games. Second team AAAA all-state as a kick/punt returner. Also all-state in baseball. Had several 40's in the 4.45-4.49 range.

Tribe4SF
February 6th, 2014, 01:53 AM
I'm a little confused. If the PL limits scholarships to 60 total, and 15 per year leading in, how does Lafayette sign 26 guys? Could they really get that many to sign partial scholarships? If some are walk-ons, why are they on the NLI list?

van
February 6th, 2014, 06:51 AM
I'm a little confused. If the PL limits scholarships to 60 total, and 15 per year leading in, how does Lafayette sign 26 guys? Could they really get that many to sign partial scholarships? If some are walk-ons, why are they on the NLI list?

They teach fractions at W&M?

DFW HOYA
February 6th, 2014, 07:30 AM
I'll take some time to discuss the Georgetown verbals at a later date, but the early returns make last year's low-rated recruiting class look imposing by comparison. Two examples: a 235 lb. offensive lineman and a 145 lb. running back.

The coaches will never say how much they are getting steamrolled in recruiting, but the competitive imbalance will force Georgetown out of the PL sooner than the finances will.

carney2
February 6th, 2014, 08:09 AM

No one will ever know how this works, but Lafayette started with the allotted 15 and then one (or two) from last year's class transferred out giving them 16 or 17. From there we go to partials and preferred walk-ons.

breezy
February 6th, 2014, 09:29 AM
I'll admit that I find it puzzling that walk-ons sign a LOI. Maybe it makes them feel part of the NSD excitement (and that's OK), but it seems to me that neither side is really committing to anything.

DFW HOYA
February 6th, 2014, 10:37 AM
I'll admit that I find it puzzling that walk-ons sign a LOI. Maybe it makes them feel part of the NSD excitement (and that's OK), but it seems to me that neither side is really committing to anything.

Per the NLI web site: "By signing a National Letter of Intent (NLI), a future NCAA student-athlete ends the recruiting process with all other NLI institutions and commits to a school for one year. In return, the student-athlete is guaranteed a one-year scholarship from that school."

They may be signing a ceremonial document with the school, but it's not the NLI.

Bogus Megapardus
February 6th, 2014, 10:51 AM
I'll take some time to discuss the Georgetown verbals at a later date, but the early returns make last year's low-rated recruiting class look imposing by comparison. Two examples: a 235 lb. offensive lineman and a 145 lb. running back.

The coaches will never say how much they are getting steamrolled in recruiting, but the competitive imbalance will force Georgetown out of the PL sooner than the finances will.

The imbalance already had forced the PL out meaningful competition vs Ivy, where pretty much every player gets a full grant or close to it.

Bill
February 6th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Somewhat related, check out this one about a player in NJ.
http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/-3984404941833817444/shunned-by-fbs-recruiters-st-joseph-regional-star-mark-fossati-finds-a-home-at-princeton/

I started reading the article in the paper...felt bad about the kid not realizing his dreams of playing FBS....then turned the page to find that he'll have to "settle" for Princeton. Eesh.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 6th, 2014, 11:06 AM
"It’s their loss and Princeton’s gain," Karcich said. "And meanwhile, it’s the kid’s gain too. He’s going to go and get a Princeton education."

And meanwhile it's the kids gain to go to Princeton?

After reading that article, if I'm Princeton's head coach or AD, I'd seriously reconsider.

And if my knowledge of the Ivy League process is correct.... and I might be wrong here... what he signed yesterday is only a Likely Letter, not an NLI, which is different. That means he's not necessarily admitted to Princeton yet.

Bogus Megapardus
February 6th, 2014, 11:12 AM
The poor kid had to have been salivating by the mailbox every day waiting for that FBS offer from Georgia State to arrive. Imagine the disappointment now that he'll have to play in the outskirts of Trenton, NJ rather than in lovely downtown Atlanta.

Such a shame.

Sader87
February 6th, 2014, 11:17 AM
"Oh alright....I'll go to Princeton. Happy now DAD??????"

What a putz.

Bogus Megapardus
February 6th, 2014, 11:19 AM
That means he's not necessarily admitted to Princeton yet.

Yep. And what if Princeton admissions decides to pass on him? He'll have missed the boat on Colgate and Lafayette offers as well.

"Coulda been in the PL . . . "

Sader87
February 6th, 2014, 11:24 AM
lol...that was kinda harsh calling the kid a "putz" (though I do say it jokingly to my students/athletes)...sad, that the mindset of going to a school like Princeton isn't regarded a remarkable achievement by some.

RichH2
February 6th, 2014, 11:44 AM
The attitude does boggle my mind. Lets rememner tho he is a kid.

Doc QB
February 6th, 2014, 12:10 PM
I doubt he was really offered by 'Gate, Towson, LC...if he was so hung up getting a true football scholarship, FBS or not, why would a guy who feels he is 'settling' at Princeton not grab the CAA or PL offer? Makes no sense. And, there are PLENTY of 5'10" guys out there like him, and many go on to great careers in division three programs or had they been scooped up at a FBS program likely would have ridden the bench four years or transferred.

Bill
February 6th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Maybe we're all a little jealous that the NJ Gatorade Player of the Year didn't settle for a PL school!? I know I am....xrotatehx

Sader87
February 6th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Maybe we're all a little jealous that the NJ Gatorade Player of the Year didn't settle for a PL school!? I know I am....xrotatehx

We'll always have Gordie Lockbaum.....

Bill
February 6th, 2014, 12:27 PM
We'll always have Gordie Lockbaum.....

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18832&stc=1

LUHawker
February 6th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Cool graphic laying out the stats for Lehigh's recruiting class:

http://www.lehighsports.com/images/2014/2/5/medium_Signing_Day_Infographic_2014.png

Bogus Megapardus
February 6th, 2014, 01:40 PM
NJ Gatorade Player of the Year

Not such a big deal after all . . . I hear there was one for each flavor.

Franks Tanks
February 6th, 2014, 01:42 PM
I doubt he was really offered by 'Gate, Towson, LC...if he was so hung up getting a true football scholarship, FBS or not, why would a guy who feels he is 'settling' at Princeton not grab the CAA or PL offer? Makes no sense. And, there are PLENTY of 5'10" guys out there like him, and many go on to great careers in division three programs or had they been scooped up at a FBS program likely would have ridden the bench four years or transferred.

I believe we were very high on him, as well as Thorpe and Root. Thorpe went to Fordham, although he is also rather small. We signed Root, who is bigger and taller and may end up being better in college (I hope).

Go Green
what he signed yesterday is only a Likely Letter, not an NLI, which is different. That means he's not necessarily admitted to Princeton yet.

Happens every year. Kid convinced he's going to Ivy X and finds out that admissions didn't come through.

Occassionally, the kid gets hurt feelings and goes public.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/18002553/valedictorian-football-star-cant-understand-apparent-princeton-snub

(Wilcox ended up at Penn).

Bogus Megapardus
Cool graphic laying out the stats for Lehigh's recruiting class

That sure beats four hours of live, high-definition coverage, doesn't it? xrolleyesx

Go Green
February 6th, 2014, 01:46 PM

Much depends on whether you're talking about the entire class in isolation, or whether a team signed guys who can provide depth immediately (particularly in positions of need).

Bogus Megapardus
February 6th, 2014, 01:47 PM
Happens every year. Kid convinced he's going to Ivy X and finds out that admissions didn't come through.

Occassionally, the kid gets hurt feelings and goes public.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/18002553/valedictorian-football-star-cant-understand-apparent-princeton-snub

(Wilcox ended up at Penn).

I might be old, but I remain perplexed about the "6.2 GPA" and similar scores boasted by high school seniors these days. When I was in school the best you could get was 4.0. That looks like a "C+" nowadays.

Perhaps they now go to eleven.

Franks Tanks
February 6th, 2014, 01:48 PM
That sure beats four hours of live, high-definition coverage, doesn't it? xrolleyesx

How many Supply Chain Management majors does it take to create a recruiting infographic?

Bogus Megapardus
February 6th, 2014, 01:49 PM
How many Supply Chain Management majors does it take to create a recruiting infographic?

Fifteen.

But eventually they'll be permitted up to sixty.

Franks Tanks
February 6th, 2014, 01:49 PM
I might be old, but I remain perplexed about the "6.2 GPA" and similar scores boasted by high school seniors these days. When I was in school the best you could get was 4.0. That looks like a "C+" nowadays.

Perhaps they now go to eleven.

I like when kids claim they have a 4.2 GPA on a 4.0 scale. The fact that you have a 4.2 GPA sort of means it is not a 4.0 scale.

Bill
February 6th, 2014, 02:07 PM
[QUOTE=

Perhaps they now go to eleven.[/QUOTE]

These do! :)
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18833&stc=1

Bogus Megapardus
February 6th, 2014, 02:22 PM
These do!

What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do? Exactly.

Bill
February 6th, 2014, 02:45 PM
But why not just make 10 louder? :)

Sader87
February 6th, 2014, 04:13 PM
Enjoying the "Spinal Tap" references but to interject, how a 4.2 on a 4.0 scale can come about is that certain courses such as AP or Honors can be weighed more heavily at some high schools, thus breaking the ceiling of a 4.0

Bogus Megapardus
February 6th, 2014, 04:29 PM
Enjoying the "Spinal Tap" references but to interject, how a 4.2 on a 4.0 scale can come about is that certain courses such as AP or Honors can be weighed more heavily at some high schools, thus breaking the ceiling of a 4.0

I took 100% honors classes and 4 AP exams. 4.0 still was the highest you could get. You could get a "B+" (worth 3.3) or an "A-" (worth 3.7) but there was no "A+" because that would have to be worth 4.3 and 4.0 was the highest.

It's exactly the same as Nigel Tuffnel's "these go to eleven" argument when it comes right down to it.

RichH2
February 6th, 2014, 05:18 PM
I took 100% honors classes and 4 AP exams. 4.0 still was the highest you could get. You could get a "B+" (worth 3.3) or an "A-" (worth 3.7) but there was no "A+" because that would have to be worth 4.3 and 4.0 was the highest.

It's exactly the same as Nigel Tuffnel's "these go to eleven" argument when it comes right down to it.

To bring it back a few decades and to RC schools, never heard of a 4.0 til college. An A was 95-100. There was no number over that. We got no extra credit for AP courses. If you qualified you could take or not up to your family The benefit was in the prep for college not in inflated grades

Sader87
February 6th, 2014, 06:01 PM

I don't disagree....just sayin'.....more of the "everyone gets a trophy" era we live in today.

DFW HOYA
February 7th, 2014, 12:22 AM
"Defending Patriot League champion Lafayette brought in 26 student-athletes, while Holy Cross had 23. Colgate (20), Lehigh (19), Bucknell (18) and Fordham (10) also announced recruiting classes on Wednesday, while Georgetown has not yet done so as the Hoyas use a different procedure for financial aid awarding. "

A polite answer, perhaps, but Georgetown can't announce a list because it hasn't admitted them.

http://www.patriotleague.org/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/020614aab.html

RichH2
February 7th, 2014, 10:05 AM
"Defending Patriot League champion Lafayette brought in 26 student-athletes, while Holy Cross had 23. Colgate (20), Lehigh (19), Bucknell (18) and Fordham (10) also announced recruiting classes on Wednesday, while Georgetown has not yet done so as the Hoyas use a different procedure for financial aid awarding. "

A polite answer, perhaps, but Georgetown can't announce a list because it hasn't admitted them.

http://www.patriotleague.org/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/020614aab.html

New HC?

ngineer
February 7th, 2014, 08:20 PM
Lehigh's football dinner is next Saturday. I would suspect we'll have the final list by then, along with a completed coaching staff.

Bill
February 7th, 2014, 08:46 PM
For as bad a story I posted the other day...check this one out:

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/-7811579372070184063/books-over-ball-bergen-catholics-kurt-holuba-bypasses-fbs-offers-for-princeton/#incart_hssn-rr-1

I think this kid & family gets it....and Princeton may be loaded soon!

Franks Tanks
February 7th, 2014, 09:38 PM

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/-7811579372070184063/books-over-ball-bergen-catholics-kurt-holuba-bypasses-fbs-offers-for-princeton/#incart_hssn-rr-1

Princeton gets a few guys like this every year, albeit perhaps not as highly rated as this kid.

CFBfan
February 8th, 2014, 07:30 AM

saw him play his soph & jr year, kid is a STUD, great decision and if he's "good enough" the league will find him, if not he has a bright future, as do many of the other ivy and PL kids

RichH2
February 8th, 2014, 09:08 AM
Lehigh's football dinner is next Saturday. I would suspect we'll have the final list by then, along with a completed coaching staff.

Hope so. Roster now at 90, including Rugg and Mahoney, so only 2 spots available, as of now.

ngineer
February 8th, 2014, 11:07 AM
Hope so. Roster now at 90, including Rugg and Mahoney, so only 2 spots available, as of now.

Great to see these two guys make back for another season. They both add quality depth to the line and lb corps.

Go Lehigh TU owl
February 8th, 2014, 11:31 AM

How about Layton? Weren't there rumors he was seeking a 5th year?

RichH2
February 8th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Nada. If he applies still need NCAA,PL approval. Guess, we'll know something by Spring. Prior 5th yrs we sometimes didn't learn til Sept.