View Full Version : Official 2014 Chattanooga, Who is laughing now? Thread

Silenoz
February 4th, 2014, 12:56 PM
This will be the thread that chattown will go to throughout the year. Rather than laughing at all of their victims individually with new threads, we will keep it all here. This season is several years in the works and finally seeing it all pay off at the expense of all the haters will be fulfilling.

Mattymc727
February 4th, 2014, 12:58 PM
When thinking about it, I honestly think my favorite part of the FCS season last year was the original thread 30 mins after Chattanooga's loss to UT Martin. That was a lot of fun.

FCS_pwns_FBS
February 4th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Shouldn't we have been hearing about all of their amazing verbal commitments by now?

ursus arctos horribilis
February 4th, 2014, 02:19 PM
This will be the thread that chattown will go to throughout the year. Rather than laughing at all of their victims individually with new threads, we will keep it all here. This season is several years in the works and finally seeing it all pay off at the expense of all the haters will be fulfilling.

xlolx

centennial
February 4th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Looking to hear more news about all the 2 and 3 star recruits.
http://iliketowastemytime.com/sites/default/files/best_animated_images_car_jump_in.gif

PaladinFan
February 4th, 2014, 03:13 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9988401

SpeedkingATL
February 4th, 2014, 03:38 PM
I can't wait to see who has the top NCAA recruiting class this year; Alabama, Texas A&M, LSU, FSU or UTC.xsmiley_wix

344Johnson
February 5th, 2014, 08:47 AM
When I saw that game go final I about lost it...immediately logged on to see the most beautiful thing ever created by man. It truly was all the proof I will ever need of God's existence.

Bisonator
February 5th, 2014, 08:52 AM
I heard chattownmocs slept next to the fax machine last night. Guess he didn't realize it's the school fax machine not his Subway's that get the LOI's! xlolx

laxVik
February 8th, 2014, 09:07 AM
According to 247 Chatt had the 2nd best 2014 FCS recruiting class behind Illinois State.

ThompsonThe
February 8th, 2014, 10:04 AM
Chatty....FCS 2nd place recruiters for eons.
To be recruited by them means you will finish school somewhere else.
Never in the course of human existence have so many heard so much from so few Chat fans
about how great they are about to be, only to see the sun set on that promise time after time.

BisonBacker
April 14th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Well Chatttown I believe has already been posting but he's toned it down if you can believe that. But we haven't even made it through all of the spring practices and I'm guessing before the end of May he'll be crowing about a national championship just give him time.

clenz
April 14th, 2014, 10:41 AM
When I saw that game go final I about lost it...immediately logged on to see the most beautiful thing ever created by man. It truly was all the proof I will ever need of God's existence.
I did too...sadly

walliver
April 24th, 2014, 09:22 AM
Sometime AGS has trouble differentiating between Chattown and UTC.

UTC should actually have a decent team this year, and although it is likely a toss-up between FU and Chatty, if I had to commit, the Mocs are probably the favorite to win the conference. On the other hand, Coach Huesman has always had difficulty winning the "big games", so I wouldn't bet any of my money on them.

bjtheflamesfan
April 24th, 2014, 10:46 PM
UTC wetting themselves in a big game has become as much a surety as death and taxes.

Silenoz
July 24th, 2014, 04:29 PM
Bump

BisonBacker
August 6th, 2014, 09:00 AM
Ok Chattown isn't following the rules he's posting in another thread but we'll keep this one at or near the top of the current discussions since the season is drawing nearer and chattown is already lipping off!

mrfeem
August 6th, 2014, 10:20 AM
Do not underestimate that crowd in Spartanburg! Ayers is a savy old vet who can coach circles around most in the socon.

ThompsonThe
August 6th, 2014, 01:15 PM
The "crowd" in Spartanburg? Sure you are not thinking of the downtown Christmas parade.

TheRevSFA
August 6th, 2014, 02:06 PM
This thread is "touch me in the dark" kinda good

T-Dog
August 6th, 2014, 05:06 PM
UTC could go 11-0 and still miss the playoffs.

citdog
August 6th, 2014, 05:10 PM
UTC could go 11-0 and still miss the playoffs.

if appy went 11-0 they would DEFINITELY miss the playoffs.

that's what happens when you play in a **** conference

T-Dog
August 6th, 2014, 05:11 PM
if appy went 11-0 they would DEFINITELY miss the playoffs.

that's what happens when you play in a **** conference

I thought I removed the computer chip that made you automatically post whenever I post?

citdog
August 6th, 2014, 05:13 PM
I thought I removed the computer chip that made you automatically post whenever I post?

I thought we removed you COMPLETELY. Is there no sun bletch board?

T-Dog
August 6th, 2014, 05:14 PM
I can't let a chattown thread go by without getting involved because after all, we're the entire reason he started.

bjtheflamesfan
August 28th, 2014, 09:54 PM
Zero points in the second half and UTC blows another possible "signature win"

Vitojr130
August 28th, 2014, 10:05 PM
Reporting in for this thread

Southern Bison
August 28th, 2014, 10:09 PM
20-16 loss to Central Michigan...Chattown listened on the radio as he was doing inventory at Subway.

Bisonoline
August 28th, 2014, 10:13 PM
20-16 loss to Central Michigan...Chattown listened on the radio as he was doing inventory at Subway.

Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory did they? LOL Cant wait to here about how they were cheated with all of the holding going on etc etc etc.xpopcornx

BisonFan02
August 28th, 2014, 10:29 PM
Welp....so much for the undefeated season xlolx

centennial
August 28th, 2014, 10:33 PM
Such Central Michigan.. much refs against chatt

CID1990
August 28th, 2014, 10:40 PM
Too bad for Chatty. Also hard to tell much about them
from this game.

IBleedYellow
August 28th, 2014, 11:03 PM
I feel bad for the Mocs....

That they have fans like chattown.

Houndawg
August 29th, 2014, 06:42 AM
He isn't one of those Who Is Laughing Now, I take it?

BisonBacker
August 29th, 2014, 08:12 AM

I heard chattownmocs slept next to the fax machine last night. Guess he didn't realize it's the school fax machine not his Subway's that get the LOI's! xlolx

God I love this place!

BisonBacker
August 29th, 2014, 08:14 AM
I feel bad for the Mocs....

That they have fans like chattown.

Good Lord don't feel bad for them look at us we have MNPLS and Lakes.

Southern Bison
August 29th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Good Lord don't feel bad for them look at us we have MNPLS and Lakes.

You forgot to include ND4E

BisonBacker
August 29th, 2014, 11:39 AM
You forgot to include ND4E
Touche..My Bad

BisonBacker
September 5th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Bump

dgtw
September 6th, 2014, 11:06 AM
I'm leaving for ChooChooville in about an hour with my non-white shirt on. Hope to be laughing on the way home.

Smitty
September 6th, 2014, 06:18 PM
Jacksonville State 17 UTC 14

Warming up this thread slightly

Smitty
September 6th, 2014, 08:14 PM
UTC loses in OT to Jacksonville State 26 - 23

Cocky
September 6th, 2014, 08:16 PM
How many time do you hold a team to about 100 yds offense and go to OT?

jmufan999
September 6th, 2014, 08:19 PM
this is PRICELESS.

Jax St. goes -2 in turnover differential and has 9 penalties for 99 yards. chatty only had 3 penalties for 40 yards. Jax St. still wins. the odds of your team winning a game going -2 in TO/diff and ~100 yards in penalties is extraordinarily low.

looks like Jax St. thoroughly dominated every other stat.

CID1990
September 6th, 2014, 08:33 PM
sounds like mini tebow couldnt get it done

Cocky
September 6th, 2014, 08:34 PM
Both TOs went for TDs, too.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe UTC had 5 yds at the half.

Bisonator
September 6th, 2014, 08:35 PM
xlolx

bjtheflamesfan
September 6th, 2014, 09:29 PM
40 yards of offense for Huesman...and 111 for the entire Mocs team. the only way you win with those kind of atrociously putrid numbers if if the defense dominates every facet of the game

Big_Fan
September 6th, 2014, 10:01 PM
40 yards of offense for Huesman...and 111 for the entire Mocs team. the only way you win with those kind of atrociously putrid numbers if if the defense dominates every facet of the game

2 pick sixes (one was a fluke double ricochet off of a foot) is the only reason the game was close.

JSU dominated pretty much every facet of the game. Chatty had -5 yards of total offense and 0 first downs at the half.

Bison56
September 6th, 2014, 10:04 PM
xlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaox

thirdgendin
September 6th, 2014, 10:24 PM
Hey, Chattanooga lost a close game. When does that EVER happen? xcoffeex

Cocky
September 6th, 2014, 10:36 PM
Ever since Daddy ball arrived?

Redbirdz
September 7th, 2014, 05:00 PM
Chatty 0-2

CID1990
September 7th, 2014, 05:38 PM
So whats the over/under on when Chattownmocs shows back up?

It's early in the season so I think we'll have a sighting by Wednesday.

ElCid
September 7th, 2014, 05:50 PM

I thought the requirement was once a victory occurred. Game time is 5:00PM EDT so, let's call it at about 7:30 EDT if UTC has it locked up by then. Book it!

Skyhawk71
September 8th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Still laughing in Martin......xlolx at least they stayed close with the Big Dog of the OVC...........rather than getting run over by the fourth place team; and they get the powerhouse that is Austin Peay this weekend........

BisonBacker
September 8th, 2014, 10:20 AM

I'm guessing May of next year he'll start squawking again xlolx

Oh and I'm still laughing my ass off xawesomex

smallcollegefbfan
September 8th, 2014, 12:45 PM
The sad thing here is that with all the talent UTC returned they should have definitely been #2 in the SoCon behind Furman (which they still can) and a top 15 team for sure. While none of that is out of reach, I believed they should have beat JSU in the preseason. This loss makes me think they will lose at least 4 games this year, and I had them losing 3. UT is a loss and Furman is likely a loss. Could they lose to Samford or Citadel as well?

Cocky
September 8th, 2014, 12:52 PM
The sad thing here is that with all the talent UTC returned they should have definitely been #2 in the SoCon behind Furman (which they still can) and a top 15 team for sure. While none of that is out of reach, I believed they should have beat JSU in the preseason. This loss makes me think they will lose at least 4 games this year, and I had them losing 3. UT is a loss and Furman is likely a loss. Could they lose to Samford or Citadel as well?

How/why would you have thought UTC would have beaten JSU?

smallcollegefbfan
September 8th, 2014, 12:55 PM
How/why would you have thought UTC would have beaten JSU?

Thought this was a close game and a push so I went with the home team. Still went to overtime and wasn't a blow out either way.

I'll never put any confidence in UTC again for sure lol.

Cocky
September 8th, 2014, 01:00 PM
The game may have been close in score but talent was one sided. There was no reason for it being close except for two pick 6s and penalties. Plus our coaches going into prevent mode at half of course when the other team had -5 yds offense it might be understandable.

JSU has as much talent as anyone in the country while UTC has the coach's son QBing.

Big_Fan
September 8th, 2014, 06:11 PM
The game may have been close in score but talent was one sided. There was no reason for it being close except for two pick 6s and penalties. Plus our coaches going into prevent mode at half of course when the other team had -5 yds offense it might be understandable.

JSU has as much talent as anyone in the country while UTC has the coach's son QBing.

Yeah.

It was a strange game. I know that a "Dominant overtime win" sounds like an oxymoron, but it was a dominating performance by JSU. Other than the 2 pick sixes, the first half was arguable the most dominant half of football I have ever seen. UTC had negative yards total offense, and 0 first downs. That is nuts. Even the 116 yards in the second half plus OT is insignificant. JSU had over 400 yards of offense.

Questionable penalties and the two turnovers... one of which was a total fluke... and then our coaches decided to hand the ball off up the middle every play and let the defense win the game... and they did.

I don't think the interceptions would have continued - though UTC does have a solid defense. If we had stayed in our offensive game plan for the rest of the game, we would have won going away... but the coaches did what they thought was best, and let the defense win it. UTC's offense was not a threat to us. They never crossed the goal line.

I know it sounds strange to say it... but it was a dominant performance everywhere but the scoreboard, the penalty line, and the turnover column. We clean up our play and we win that game by 30 or 40 points.

BisonBacker
September 9th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Bumpity Bump for our favorite poster Chattown :D

woffordgrad94
September 9th, 2014, 12:39 PM
Bumpity Bump for our favorite poster Chattown :D

I wonder if he's even reading this board anymore.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 9th, 2014, 04:18 PM
I wonder if he's even reading this board anymore.

He does. Sometimes when a poster becomes cumbersome and steps out of line I will make navigation here cumbersome for them for a time to see if we can come to an understanding and so forth. You can still peruse the board but it is a bitch and a half.

Anyway, I am sure that is what he was experiencing the past week. He may or may not be back in the posting fold but if not it's because he decided to leave well enough alone.

BisonBacker
September 9th, 2014, 04:28 PM
Aww crap now that I know that Ursus I can't resist just sending this one out to Chattown

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTz9dVY79enwzZEaqYuTLEHYfa1eqEJa hby2L-hRRFXvZgmE6GM

xangelx

CID1990
September 9th, 2014, 07:15 PM
I am thinking ****town comes out of hiding around Thursday.

There's still time to salvage the season, and SoCon play hasn't started yet, so he'll have lots of tripe to spread around still

Cocky
September 9th, 2014, 08:08 PM
UTC will challenge for the SOCON title.

chattownmocs
September 9th, 2014, 08:51 PM
He does. Sometimes when a poster becomes cumbersome and steps out of line I will make navigation here cumbersome for them for a time to see if we can come to an understanding and so forth. You can still peruse the board but it is a bitch and a half.

Anyway, I am sure that is what he was experiencing the past week. He may or may not be back in the posting fold but if not it's because he decided to leave well enough alone.

Actually this is the first time I've actually been able to log in. Jacksonville State kicked our behinds everywhere but the scoreboard. Amazing that it was that close. Defensively we had a decent game but we were pretty lucky to get more than a FG on the scoreboard. Dee Virgin had a nice pick six. The other would normally be a incompletion. It was never going to be an epic blowout simply because jacksonville state doesn't do the little things well enough to blow out a team with a good defense. Chattanooga actually had 2 golden opportunities to win the game at the end of regulation and huesman was too scared. The oline is dreadful and Jacob Huesman has lost all confidence. His dad needs to take some responsibility and stop blaming the OC. He acts like he is DC and not the head coach.

BisonBacker
September 10th, 2014, 08:05 AM
Actually this is the first time I've actually been able to log in. Jacksonville State kicked our behinds everywhere but the scoreboard. Amazing that it was that close. Defensively we had a decent game but we were pretty lucky to get more than a FG on the scoreboard. Dee Virgin had a nice pick six. The other would normally be a incompletion. It was never going to be an epic blowout simply because jacksonville state doesn't do the little things well enough to blow out a team with a good defense. Chattanooga actually had 2 golden opportunities to win the game at the end of regulation and huesman was too scared. The oline is dreadful and Jacob Huesman has lost all confidence. His dad needs to take some responsibility and stop blaming the OC. He acts like he is DC and not the head coach.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPMgZsAH70mlL7Yk2YR-gqRHQ3vfFvQ_P6ZCRD2ZAN5N6DDbE2

chattownmocs
September 10th, 2014, 08:49 AM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPMgZsAH70mlL7Yk2YR-gqRHQ3vfFvQ_P6ZCRD2ZAN5N6DDbE2

Words of wisdom about your sig. Judge muslims by the koran and gun owners by the constitution.

Mattymc727
September 10th, 2014, 08:54 AM

So which is it? Is Chattanooga actually bad or is Jacksonville State now the defacto best team in the world?

chattownmocs
September 10th, 2014, 09:06 AM
So which is it? Is Chattanooga actually bad or is Jacksonville State now the defacto best team in the world?

Jacksonville state won the game. I couldn't care less what conclusion is drawn.

Houndawg
September 10th, 2014, 01:55 PM

You guys seem to choke a lot in that situation. Wish we could get an opponent like that.

AshevilleApp2
September 10th, 2014, 05:44 PM

Good post.

CID1990
September 10th, 2014, 05:56 PM
huesman was too scared.

Say it aint so mini Tebow

chattownmocs
September 10th, 2014, 08:53 PM
Say it aint so mini Tebow

I was actually talking about Russ.

Wallace
September 11th, 2014, 01:35 AM
Good post.
I agree

BisonBacker
September 22nd, 2014, 10:54 AM
Just bumping this for the inevitable crap down their leg game.

BisonBacker
October 17th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Bump

chattownmocs
October 17th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Just bumping this for the inevitable crap down their leg game.

you just bumped your own fail.

Southern Bison
October 17th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Thread just doesn't have quite the same fervor as last year's...what's missing? xrolleyesx

Perhaps someone making a "Moc"-kery of themselves and UTC?

P.S. Still laughing.

Thumper 76
October 17th, 2014, 03:46 PM
you just bumped your own fail.

You sure about that?

citdog
October 17th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Having to hold back and just wait for it..........

BisonFan02
October 18th, 2014, 02:13 AM
All I want for Xmas is for Chatty to make the postseason....winner of them and a NEC champ in round 1 for the right to play #1 seeded NDSU.....and loses to said NEC team. xlolx

skinny_uncle
October 18th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Thread just doesn't have quite the same fervor as last year's...what's missing? xrolleyesx

Perhaps someone making a "Moc"-kery of themselves and UTC?

P.S. Still laughing.

About a hundred pages.

chattanoogamocs
October 18th, 2014, 11:55 AM
All I want for Xmas is for Chatty to make the postseason....winner of them and a NEC champ in round 1 for the right to play #1 seeded NDSU.....and loses to said NEC team. xlolx

The reason this thread isn't as good as last year is because Chattown didn't start the thread...you can't force these things...his arrogance has to come out naturally, it can't be fabricated by other fans. ;)

BisonFan02
November 17th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Bump

BisonBacker
November 17th, 2014, 11:10 AM
It'll happen he's bound to explode when they take the inevitable plunge :)

Silenoz
December 8th, 2014, 10:35 AM
Damn, whoever started this thread must be a frickin' clairvoyant