View Full Version : Gateway week 4...an offensive explosion! predictions?

birdsflyhigh
October 17th, 2006, 01:51 PM
Week 4 comes in like a lion with some serious offensive explosions. Had to say that because on another thread some A10 posters accused the Gateway teams of playing no defense. ;)

So far I'm 11-0 in picking the Gateway winners, but this week 3 out of the 4 games could go either way. All 4 games should be good ones! UNI's backs are up against it, while the Salukis need to bounce back, and the Redbirds need to win to solidify their #1 spot. Both MSU and IN St. just want to get their first (and possibly last) Gateway win.

MSU @ IN St. 31-27 Sycamores

Can they do it? It would mean the Sycs breaking a string of something like 24 straight losses...WOW! IN State's best chance to win this year, but the Bears do NOT want to be the team that ends the long suffering streak. It's going to be a dogfight!

WKU @ SIU 34-20 Salukis

SIU bounces back with Arkee Whitlock leading the way. The Hilltoppers have been playing better of late, but they run into an SIU team that needs to win this game to stay close with IL St. and YSU. WKU does not want to pick up a fourth loss, so I expect them to make this game very interesting.

IL St. @ WIU 28-21 Redbirds

ISU travels to Macomb looking for a win to maintain the top spot. WIU has been a black hole for the Redbirds. It's been five long years since ISU has beaten the Leathernecks. However, a couple of games ago, the Birds were in a similar situation....on the road facing WKU (a team they had not
beaten in five years). WIU's defense has been a bit suspect this season, while ISU's offense is just now starting to hit it's stride. Know many will pick the Necks in the upset, but I'm going with the Birds in a hard fought battle.

UNI @ YSU 38-27 Penguins

UNI takes one more loss, and the Panthers would have to win out (and they are now playing the toughest part of their Gateway schedule). YSU, if they hope to win the GFC crown, need this win to keep pace with IL St. A Penguin loss at home against UNI would really hurt knowing they travel to Normal to play the Birds next week. UNI has idefinitely mproved each week, while YSU has been flat-out impressive this year (throw out the Penn St. game). Think the Penguins score a TD late to make the final score deceiving. This should be a tough-as-nails contest between 2 teams that NEED a win. One of the best (if not THE best) I-AA contests in the country.

The only "sure" prediction in my mind is SIU's win over WKU. And that's far from a sure thing. The other 3 games could go either way. Okay fans, what do you see happening week 4 in the Gateway? xprost2x

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 17th, 2006, 02:02 PM
A lot of great games, only to be marred on here by the myriad of threads from San Diego fans... :confused:

shakdaddy3
October 17th, 2006, 02:05 PM
MSU - fairly impressive showing last week and they don't want to let the Sycs get their first win since forever almost
SIU - bounce back hard and fierce to destroy a down WKU team
ILSU - comes ready to play and does not overlook WIU at all in a tight game in which we pull away after the 1st half
YSU - win it on a hail mary in the best contest in I-AA this week... great game that can go either way... YSU enjoys putting a damper on UNI's playoff aspirations and the cats' backs are against the wall for the rest of the season...

ysubigred
October 17th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Week 4 comes in like a lion with some serious offensive explosions. Had to say that because on another thread some A10 posters accused the Gateway teams of playing no defense. ;)

So far I'm 11-0 in picking the Gateway winners, but this week 3 out of the 4 games could go either way. All 4 games should be good ones! UNI's backs are up against it, while the Salukis need to bounce back, and the Redbirds need to win to solidify their #1 spot. Both MSU and IN St. just want to get their first (and possibly last) Gateway win.

MSU @ IN St. 31-27 Sycamores

Can they do it? It would mean the Sycs breaking a string of something like 24 straight losses...WOW! IN State's best chance to win this year, but the Bears do NOT want to be the team that ends the long suffering streak. It's going to be a dogfight!

WKU @ SIU 34-20 Salukis

SIU bounces back with Arkee Whitlock leading the way. The Hilltoppers have been playing better of late, but they run into an SIU team that needs to win this game to stay close with IL St. and YSU. WKU does not want to pick up a fourth loss, so I expect them to make this game very interesting.

ISU travels to Macomb looking for a win to maintain the top spot. WIU has been a black hole for the Redbirds. It's been five long years since ISU has beaten the Leathernecks. However, a couple of games ago, the Birds were in a similar situation....on the road facing WKU (a team they had not
beaten in five years). WIU's defense has been a bit suspect this season, while ISU's offense is just now starting to hit it's stride. Know many will pick the Necks in the upset, but I'm going with the Birds in a hard fought battle.

UNI @ YSU 38-27 Penguins

UNI takes one more loss, and the Panthers would have to win out (and they are now playing the toughest part of their Gateway schedule). YSU, if they hope to win the GFC crown, need this win to keep pace with IL St. A Penguin loss at home against UNI would really hurt knowing they travel to Normal to play the Birds next week. UNI has idefinitely mproved each week, while YSU has been flat-out impressive this year (throw out the Penn St. game). Think the Penguins score a TD late to make the final score deceiving. This should be a tough-as-nails contest between 2 teams that NEED a win. One of the best (if not THE best) I-AA contests in the country.

The only "sure" prediction in my mind is SIU's win over WKU. And that's far from a sure thing. The other 3 games could go either way. Okay fans, what do you see happening week 4 in the Gateway? xprost2x

MSU - Indy ST. Indy ST in a shoot out 45-38

WKU - SIU WKU suprises the Dogs 27-24

ISU - WIU Leather necks get off the ground and beat the in state rivals 21-20

UNI - YSU I'm already on record for 42-24 YSU. Saddly it could be the other way around :eek:

Cap'n Cat
October 17th, 2006, 02:10 PM
UNI - YSU I'm already on record for 42-24 YSU. Saddly it could be the other way around :eek:

Indeed, red.

:nod: :nod:

AZGrizFan
October 17th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Indeed, red.

:nod: :nod:

Get back to the lounge, and quite actin' like you know football, or even care. :nono: :nono: :nono:

:p

shakdaddy3
October 17th, 2006, 02:13 PM
MSU - Indy ST. Indy ST in a shoot out 45-38

WKU - SIU WKU suprises the Dogs 27-24

ISU - WIU Leather necks get off the ground and beat the in state rivals 21-20

hmmmm... all things that help YSU a lot... shocker :smiley_wi

but hey, ur call :nod:

Cap'n Cat
October 17th, 2006, 02:31 PM
Get back to the lounge, and quite actin' like you know football, or even care. :nono: :nono: :nono:

:p

Remind me to slap you later......

BTW, interesting tidbits from the UNI site re the YSU game.

THE GAME
The No. 14-ranked University of Northern Iowa football team heads to No. 5-ranked Youngstown State with a share of first place in the Gateway Football Conference on the line. It will be the 59th time in Gateway history that two ranked teams will compete against each other. Of those 58 prior games, the home team is 34-24, while the higher-ranked team is 30-28.

THE SERIES
UNI holds a 14-6 lead in the all-time series, which dates back to the 1978 season. UNI has won five straight games and eight of the last 10 games. The Panthers scored a 21-7 victory over the Penguins last season in the UNI-Dome. UNI is 6-3 all-time in games played in Youngstown.

BillLuc1982
October 17th, 2006, 02:51 PM
INSU/MSU - Sycamores surprise the bears and break there long losing streak.

41-30 INSU

WIU/ISU - Redbirds continue to show their strength in Macomb

34-14 ISU

YSU/UNI - Coach Heacock will get his first win against Northern Iowa now that he has a decent offensive coordinator

35-17 YSU

SIU/WKU - Jerry Kill will not lose two in a row. SIU remains in playoff contention.

27-3 SIU

Killtoppers90
October 17th, 2006, 03:24 PM
MSU/In. St.- Trees
WIU/Il. St. - Redbirds
YSU/UNI - Panters please God Panthers
WKU/SIU - Toppers in another last second surprise

BillLuc1982
October 17th, 2006, 03:27 PM

Well they better realize what YSU did to MAINE! I'd love to see most of these A10 teams play Gateway football. I bet even Indiana State would be in the middle of the A10 pack some seasons!

FlyYtown
October 17th, 2006, 03:29 PM
MSU WIN
ILSU WIN
SIU WIN
YSU --- 42-27 Penguins WIN

Killtoppers90
October 17th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Hey Flytown. I just noticed your signature and have a question. Is the YSU football blog where all good Peguins go for the Big Red "YSU is invincible" KoolAid? Or are there normal fans there too?

FlyYtown
October 17th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Hey Flytown. I just noticed your signature and have a question. Is the YSU football blog where all good Peguins go for the Big Red "YSU is invincible" KoolAid? Or are there normal fans there too?

You will see next week I am not on KoolAid..... I can already tell you YSU is going to be an underdog at Normal next week, and I will predict a L for us if we do not play good this week.

Almost everyone on my blog is normal....except this cat Rick who hates Jon Heacock but calls himself a YSU fan from the Lake Erie region of Ohio.

BillLuc1982
October 17th, 2006, 04:03 PM
You will see next week I am not on KoolAid..... I can already tell you YSU is going to be an underdog at Normal next week, and I will predict a L for us if we do not play good this week.

Almost everyone on my blog is normal....except this cat Rick who hates Jon Heacock but calls himself a YSU fan from the Lake Erie region of Ohio.

Hates Jon Heacock? How can anyone dislike Coach Heacock? He has brought in some quality recruits in the recent years.

I do have a beef with two former YSU assistant coaches who acted very unprofessional and laughed when I wanted to try out for kicker at YSU. But I don't hate them; I just lack respect for them.

Cap'n Cat
October 17th, 2006, 04:13 PM
MSU
ILSU
SIU
UNI in a landslide. Reminds me of 1987, UNI @ WIU. They had the conference trophy there as 1-0 (conf) UNI went to take on 5-0 (conf) WIU. UNI shocked everyone and beat down those clowns 52-7. It was D1B's senior year and he had about 40 sacks. Due to an off-season altercation with a back up WIU QB, for which D1B spent a night in the can, he wore knee braces for the first and only time in his career.

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

ISUMatt
October 17th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Ill take...

Indiana State
Southern Illinois
Illinois State
Youngstown State

Saluki_man
October 17th, 2006, 06:11 PM
IN St - MSU: someboday is getting their only gateway win here. IN St stops the losing somewhere, might as well be here. IN St squeaks one out.

IL St - WIU: IL St should win this in a landslide, but people said that the Bears would do the same to the Cardinals on Monday Night. IL St wins by 3.

SIU - WKU: Kill is pissed off and so is SIU. SIU at home and big.

UNI - YSU: YSU needs this one to keep pace with IL St and UNI needs this one for some breathing room to get into the playoffs. Gotta give it to the home team here, but won't be surpised if it goes the other way. YSU going to win it in OT.

PantherRob82
October 17th, 2006, 06:21 PM
UNI @ YSU 38-27 Penguins

UNI by 11? I'm making the trip and feel like we have a shot, but 11 seems a little much to give the Panthers on a chilly Sat in Youngstown.

PantherRob82
October 17th, 2006, 06:28 PM
gotta go with:

MSU
WIU
SIU
YSU (although I think UNI has a good shot, I just don't have the penguin flu that causes delusions.)

skinny_uncle
October 17th, 2006, 06:31 PM
IN St - MSU: someboday is getting their only gateway win here. IN St stops the losing somewhere, might as well be here. IN St squeaks one out.

IL St - WIU: IL St should win this in a landslide, but people said that the Bears would do the same to the Cardinals on Monday Night. IL St wins by 3.

SIU - WKU: Kill is pissed off and so is SIU. SIU at home and big.

UNI - YSU: YSU needs this one to keep pace with IL St and UNI needs this one for some breathing room to get into the playoffs. Gotta give it to the home team here, but won't be surpised if it goes the other way. YSU going to win it in OT.
Nasty flashback for WKU from last year.
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/galleries/FB102705/dsc_0052.jpg

PantherRob82
October 17th, 2006, 06:50 PM
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/galleries/FB102705/dsc_0052.jpg

I think the whole season was a nasty flashback for them. They fell apart.

purduecrum
October 17th, 2006, 06:55 PM

WIU loses every game for the rest of this year in depressing fashion by a touchdown.

FlyYtown
October 17th, 2006, 06:57 PM
WIU Can beat anyone, anytime, anywhere..... that is if they can stop a team from running the ball for just a few drives!

shakdaddy3
October 17th, 2006, 11:20 PM
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6101/3247/1600/Homecomming%201.jpg
nasty flashback to last week for SIU :D

DA BIRDS :hurray:

redbirdtim
October 17th, 2006, 11:34 PM
WIU has a great passing game. I don't know if they can stop Rembert. They had a lot of trouble with Whitlock, and I'll guess they did with Moore too. If Rembert can get 4.5 ypc or more, could be a very long night for the WIU defense.

BearsCountry
October 17th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Missouri State
Illinois State
Southern Illinois
UNI

siugrad99
October 18th, 2006, 12:07 AM
We get the point ISU pounded SIU for the 2nd year in a row. I don't think any SIU fan has not been respectful and complimentary to the Redbirds so your continued smack and ripping of SIU is really unneeded.

GoGuins
October 18th, 2006, 07:06 AM
WIU has a great passing game. I don't know if they can stop Rembert. They had a lot of trouble with Whitlock, and I'll guess they did with Moore too. If Rembert can get 4.5 ypc or more, could be a very long night for the WIU defense.

Glad to see Rembert doing well. I saw him carry the ball a few times while at Michigan

SIU
MSU
Ill St
YSU

shakdaddy3
October 18th, 2006, 07:43 AM
We get the point ISU pounded SIU for the 2nd year in a row. I don't think any SIU fan has not been respectful and complimentary to the Redbirds so your continued smack and ripping of SIU is really unneeded.
to be honest, i just wanted to post that sweet picture...

and i haven't talked any smach really...

saturday can't be here soon enough... i am juiced for our game (ISU @WIU) and the UNI-YSU match up is gonna be a barn burner...

i wonder who lee corso would pick? wait a second, i hate that guy... nevermind xidiotx

PantherRob82
October 18th, 2006, 09:36 AM
When asked about the YSU-UNI matchup, Lee Corso had this to say:

"I think the Ohio State University will come out on top again this week."

birdsflyhigh
October 18th, 2006, 01:04 PM
shakdaddy, thanks for posting that Redbird photo. Yeah, it is sweet!!

You're juiced about the Birds game against the Leathernecks, and I'm completely jazzed because I'll be making the trip to Macomb and have tickets on the 50 yard line. The Birds are LONG overdue giving payback to WIU for the past 5 years! It should be a wild game...no doubt about it. xsmileyclapx

Mountain Panther
October 18th, 2006, 01:33 PM
When asked about the YSU-UNI matchup, Lee Corso had this to say:

"I think the Ohio State University will come out on top again this week."

LOL...I think I saw him put on his red sweater-vest as he said it.

UNI by 3.

umassfan
October 18th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Well they better realize what YSU did to MAINE! I'd love to see most of these A10 teams play Gateway football. I bet even Indiana State would be in the middle of the A10 pack some seasons!
Are you kidding me? What kind of crap have you been smoking?

BillLuc1982
October 18th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Are you kidding me? What kind of crap have you been smoking?

Indiana State could take on Northeastern! I hope YSU gets to play some A10 teams in the playoffs. Then we'll see which conference is tougher! I'd love to see UMass play Northern Iowa in the UNI Dome!

Cap'n Cat
October 18th, 2006, 02:09 PM
A-10: Weaker 'n baby *****.

PantherRob82
October 18th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Indiana State could take on Northeastern! I hope YSU gets to play some A10 teams in the playoffs. Then we'll see which conference is tougher! I'd love to see UMass play Northern Iowa in the UNI Dome!

UMass in on track to be seeded, not come to the Dome. If anything we're headed there. We need some big wins these next few weeks to get a home playoff game, let alone make the playoffs.

shakdaddy3
October 18th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Matt Dougherty is usually good to us.. somewhat surprised he thinks the game will be extremely close, but very understandable given the history of ILSU vs. WIU...

No. 3 Illinois State (5-1, 2-0) at Western Illinois (3-4, 0-3), 1:05

Everyone loves the Illinois State program right now. The Redbirds showed how strong they can be in every area in a 37-10 statement win over Southern Illinois that solidifies their position among the big names and proven contenders in I-AA. The offense and defense all came together in that game, and I-AA voters took notice as the Redbirds captured more first-place votes than any team outside of Appalachian State. But for all the good vibes in Normal this week, they have to come out and prepared and ready to play well to avoid a letdown against a good Western Illinois team that just hasn’t been able to finish its games. The Leathernecks have lost to Western Kentucky, Southern Illinois and Youngstown State by a combined 17 points in the first three weeks of Gateway Conference play, and are effectively out of the postseason race despite playing well so far, especially on offense. Running back Herb Donaldson has 777 yards and 10 touchdowns while recording more than six yards per carry this year, and quarterback Steve LaFalce has done his part with 1,279 yards and nine touchdowns against only three interceptions. The Leathernecks are averaging 32.6 points per game, and they’ve been potent in Gateway play with at least 24 points in every game. Illinois State’s defense played very well to shut down Southern Illinois last week, but they had tougher outings earlier in the year against Eastern Illinois and Western Kentucky. But while Western Illinois can score in this game, the matchup on the other side of the ball will keep the Redbirds rolling. Pierre Rembert has 812 yards and seven touchdowns on the ground this season, and quarterback Luke Drone is continuing to excel with 1,412 yards and 12 touchdowns with just three interceptions. The Redbirds are averaging 30.8 points per contest, and showed they might be just hitting stride with last week’s dominating performance. That should continue against a Western Illinois defense that has been shredded in Gateway play and gives up more than 190 rushing yards per game. It’s a tough matchup after a big win for the Redbirds, but an elite team wins this type of game against a team that has dropped three in a row. It will be close, but Illinois State will prevail in a shootout.
Prediction: Illinois State 31, Western Illinois 27

i think we'll score more than 31 and not let up 27.. but i can definetly see the WIU offense score 27+

PantherRob82
October 19th, 2006, 09:34 AM
Is it ok if WIU beats you guys? I don't want them coming off another close loss coming into the dome. :D

shakdaddy3
October 19th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Is it ok if WIU beats you guys? I don't want them coming off another close loss coming into the dome. :D
how about we just destroy them (I really hope we beat em by more than SIU sooooo much) so they don't come to you guys after another close loss... would that be ok with you guys? :D

birdsflyhigh
October 19th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Sounds like a plan shakdaddy, but even though my heart would love to see ISU dismantle the Leathernecks on Saturday, my head tells me this could very well be a hard fought game with a close win by the Birds.

Know in the past that WIU players have always shown alot of character playing hard even though their season has not gone as expected. I look for that same high level intensity from WIU....just want the Birds to get out of Macomb with a MUCH needed W. However, another Saluki-style slaughter would be wonderful!!! :nod:

FlyYtown
October 19th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Jim Powers of the Gateway Conf. predicts WIU to beat ILSU... And its not an upset... He says WIU's offense is very very good behind LaFalce and he believes they will win this one.... very close game.

I think otherwise:
ILSU: 34
WIU: 27

BillLuc1982
October 19th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Jim Powers of the Gateway Conf. predicts WIU to beat ILSU... And its not an upset... He says WIU's offense is very very good behind LaFalce and he believes they will win this one.... very close game.

I think otherwise:

I am also holding strong on ILSU winning. Powers' words do not change my prediction! Then YSU will be going to Normal to take on the 'Birds.

shakdaddy3
October 19th, 2006, 04:55 PM

I think otherwise:

who is this jim powers? how do u know of his prediction? what drugs is he taking? and where can i get some? :rotateh:

is he a pothead focker? xlolx

birdsflyhigh
October 19th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Flytown, if WIU would win over the ISU Redbirds, then Mr. Gateway Jim Powers says that's NOT an upset? How pray tell does this GFC guru come up with that? xidiotx

PantherRob82
October 19th, 2006, 06:04 PM
Gotta say WIU over Il St would be an upset. Not impossible, but I think Il St might be ranked. xlolx

PantherRob82
October 19th, 2006, 06:05 PM
...for that matter, UNI over YSU would also be an upset, as YSU is at home and ranked higher.

FlyYtown
October 19th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Jim Powers works for the Gateway, he also coordinates the weekly tv broadcasts with the refs for the GFC TV...

He is usually dead on with his predictions.. He also says the 2 best qbs in the Gateway are playing in Youngstown this week.

And yes.. I do not mention Tom Zetts a lot, but he knows how to get the job done when need be... Our passing attack is balanced and we will normally have 10-15 completions per game..

PantherRob82
October 19th, 2006, 06:56 PM
He also says the 2 best qbs in the Gateway are playing in Youngstown this week.

Best QB is a weird phrase. So many different things can be meant by it.

Best QB skill wise in I-AA - Ricky Santos

Best QB all around (leadership/skill)- Eric Sanders

shakdaddy3
October 19th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Best QB is a weird phrase. So many different things can be meant by it.

Best QB skill wise in I-AA - Ricky Santos

Best QB all around (leadership/skill)- Eric Sanders

Luke Drone is having a better year than Sanders... and he has shown to play really well in big games... great team leader too... so my vote would be him...

but obviously, sanders is good too, so is zetts, so is LaFalce [sp?], and Haddix is darn good too. Nick Hill will be very good...

SO ILLmatic
October 19th, 2006, 08:16 PM
IN ST
IL ST
YSU
SIU

pantherclaw
October 19th, 2006, 08:45 PM
MSU
IL ST
UNI
SIU

PantherRob82
October 19th, 2006, 08:53 PM
[QUOTE=shakdaddy3]Luke Drone is having a better year than Sanders... QUOTE]

Like I said...not talking skills or stats.

birdsflyhigh
October 19th, 2006, 11:20 PM
Looks like alot of posters are split on the MSU-IN St. game. WHO will get that prized Gateway win? If the ISU Redbirds can break the streak at WIU on Saturday, and if YSU gets by UNI (a big if), then that sets up a real wild one the next week (at Hancock Stadium in Normal) between the Redbirds and Penguins.

Guess we'll see then if the Gateway guru Jim Powers knows his stuff or is just talking crazy. Drone or Zetts? I know who I'm betting on...ISU all the way baby! First things first though. Time for some long overdue payback at WIU. Oh wait, according to Mr. Powers, that is NOT going to happen. :eyebrow:

shakdaddy3
October 19th, 2006, 11:31 PM
Like I said...not talking skills or stats.

way to not read my whole statement about Drone! what i said was, "Luke Drone is having a better year than Sanders... and he has shown to play really well in big games... great team leader too... so my vote would be him..."

and your original quote was, "Best QB all around (leadership/skill)- Eric Sanders"

:eek: :eek:

PantherRob82
October 20th, 2006, 08:06 AM
"Luke Drone is having a better year than Sanders... and he has shown to play really well in big games... great team leader too... so my vote would be him..."

and your original quote was, "Best QB all around (leadership/skill)- Eric Sanders"

:eek: :eek:

I read the whole statement. The fact he has played really well doesn't show his all around effect on the team. He has an all-american receiver that might be helping him along the way. I can't remember the last time we had a receiver of that quality. Probably early to mid 90s, Kenny Shedd or Dedric Ward. Had some decent ones at the turn of the century, but not all-american types.

shakdaddy3
October 20th, 2006, 09:59 AM
I read the whole statement. The fact he has played really well doesn't show his all around effect on the team. He has an all-american receiver that might be helping him along the way. I can't remember the last time we had a receiver of that quality. Probably early to mid 90s, Kenny Shedd or Dedric Ward. Had some decent ones at the turn of the century, but not all-american types.

he has an all-american receiver alright... who has been injured for most of the games.. he played 2 full games: k-state and murray state... any other game he played in he played for about 1 quarter... so actually, no he hasn't had his all-american wide receiver...

so please, i would like to know how you know eric sanders to be the best leader in all of I-AA football at the QB position... my way of thinking with luke as well as most other redbird fans is that he IS the leader of the offense with or without L-Rob...

PantherRob82
October 20th, 2006, 01:24 PM
he has an all-american receiver alright... who has been injured for most of the games.. he played 2 full games: k-state and murray state... any other game he played in he played for about 1 quarter... so actually, no he hasn't had his all-american wide receiver...

so please, i would like to know how you know eric sanders to be the best leader in all of I-AA football at the QB position... my way of thinking with luke as well as most other redbird fans is that he IS the leader of the offense with or without L-Rob...

What Sanders has done as a freshman exudes a lot more leadership than what Drone has done this year. If you want a pissing match, I'll back down, but Eric's resume is a little larger than Drone's. :)

birdsflyhigh
October 21st, 2006, 01:16 AM
Just wanted to give a bit of a bump because game time is less than 12 hours away...woo hoo!! :D

Any more predictions from fellow Gateway fans??

siugrad99
October 21st, 2006, 09:10 AM
When Drone takes the Redbirds to the national championship then maybe you can start a debate between him and Sanders.

PantherRob82
October 21st, 2006, 09:11 AM
When Drone takes the Redbirds to the national championship then maybe you can start a debate between him and Sanders.

I can agree with that. Drone is a good QB. Not trying to take anything away from him.

birdsflyhigh
October 22nd, 2006, 12:41 AM
Well, my streak on picking the Gateway winners is over at eleven in a row. Went 2-2 on the day. Called the Birds vs. WIU correct along with the Sycamores victory over MSU. However, missed on the SIU-WKU game (Hilltoppers suprise) and didn't call it right on the UNI-YSU tilt (tough one to predict).

Today's games drop me to 13-2 on picking the GFC winners. Not too bad, but I'm sure that still be quite a few suprises in the next month. Truly believe that any of the Gateway's top six teams (IL St.,UNI, SIU, WIU, WKU and YSU) could and possibly will knock each other down on "any given saturday". Hmmm? Can I use the AGS line...or is that copyrighted somewhere? :D

crunifan
October 22nd, 2006, 12:44 AM
One thing we can agree on. Is that the Gateway will LOVE having Drone AND Sanders back for yet another year.