PDA

View Full Version : I-AA Teams Ranked ahead of the Miami Hurricanes

BillLuc1982
October 17th, 2006, 09:20 AM
I was browsing a hilarious Web site, CokerMustGo (http://www.cokermustgo.com), and I couldn't help but to laugh.

As of 10/10/06, several I-AA teams, including Youngstown State, were ranked above the Miami Hurricanes in the Sagarin polls. This is an embarrassment for Larry Coker! Going from winning over 20 games in a row (with the help of Butch Davis recruits) to 3 brawls in 7 games, as well as losing a lot more. I bet New Hampshire, Illinois State, and Appalachian State can give Miami a game. :p

Coker would really love that! :nonono2:

PantherRob82
October 17th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Would love to see a I-AA team beat Miami. Although if they started losing they'd probably just resort to brawling.

bandl
October 17th, 2006, 09:25 AM
I was browsing a hilarious Web site, CokerMustGo (http://www.cokermustgo.com), and I couldn't help but to laugh.

As of 10/10/06, several I-AA teams, including Youngstown State, were ranked above the Miami Hurricanes in the Sagarin polls. This is an embarrassment for Larry Coker! Going from winning over 20 games in a row (with the help of Butch Davis recruits) to 3 brawls in 7 games, as well as losing a lot more. I bet New Hampshire, Illinois State, and Appalachian State can give Miami a game. :p

LOL...even JMU is one ahead of Miami in the Sagarin!
I still wouldn't want to play them though.

BillLuc1982
October 17th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Would love to see a I-AA team beat Miami. Although if they started losing they'd probably just resort to brawling.

LMAO xlolx

Reminds me of Mike Tyson! Resorting to ear biting! I'm sure the Gateway All Stars would OWN Miami!

Mr. C
October 17th, 2006, 10:16 AM

Appalachian State actually played one common opponent with Miami last year, LSU. The Mountaineers played a lot more competitively with the Tigers than the Hurricanes did. The ASU-LSU game could have easily been a 14-14 or 14-10 game heading to the fourth quarter. Kevin Richardson dropped a TD pass (very uncharacteristic), the Mountaineers had a bad play call that led to a loss in thr red zone in the third period after an impressive drive and then they had a field goal attempt hit the upright. Miami, by contrast, got totally blown out by LSU. So you could make a case that an ASU team that is still pretty good this year could beat a Miami squad that isn't nearly as good this year.

New Hampshire would give just about anyone fits (except, maybe James Madison). Illinois State is athletic enough to cause Miami problems.

PaladinFan
October 17th, 2006, 10:27 AM
I don't know if it's the same, but losing nearly an entire team to suspension would give Duke a pretty good shot.

BillLuc1982
October 17th, 2006, 10:29 AM
I don't know if it's the same, but losing nearly an entire team to suspension would give Duke a pretty good shot.

I think Duke-Indiana State or Duke-Liberty would be a better game xlolx