PDA

View Full Version : AGS Server Upgrades

ursus arctos horribilis
January 28th, 2014, 04:33 PM
The hosting company will be moving the site to new more powerful servers between Wednesday and Friday this week so if you notice the site down temporarily don't fret, it'll be back soon.

They normally try and do these things in the lowest traffic time frames but you never know when it's gonna happen so I can't be more specific that that.

chattownmocs
January 28th, 2014, 10:51 PM
That's a pretty big maintenance window. 4 hours is generally the standard.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 28th, 2014, 11:06 PM

I'm sure it won't take that long however I don't know which 4 hrs. or less it will be in that timeframe. That's just the notice I got. It ain't gonna be down for that whole time, just sometime during it.

Bisonator
January 29th, 2014, 08:37 AM
Nice to see you didn't blow all the cash on beer Ursus! :D

ursus arctos horribilis
January 29th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Nice to see you didn't blow all the cash on beer Ursus! :D

In all honesty they are doing this on their own but the server bill is due next month so we'll see if this means pricing fluctuates I guess. Around June or July you'll probably start to see your investments in action however.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 29th, 2014, 12:20 PM
In all honesty they are doing this on their own but the server bill is due next month so we'll see if this means pricing fluctuates I guess. Around June or July you'll probably start to see your investments in action however.

I love it! Bigger and better!

IBleedYellow
January 29th, 2014, 01:04 PM

Can't wait!

- - - Updated - - -

So....are you too blind to see that the offseason is the perfect time for a server migration? Who cares if it's 3 days instead of 4 hours. ESPECIALLY when they are doing it for Ursus without even having him pay(yet...)

gotts
January 29th, 2014, 01:26 PM
A little birdie told me that they're uploading the 2014 version of chattown and we should be grateful for the entertainment value it's going to bring :D

ursus arctos horribilis
January 29th, 2014, 01:36 PM
A little birdie told me that they're uploading the 2014 version of chattown and we should be grateful for the entertainment value it's going to bring :D

Wait til you see chattown in 3D and with surround sound. It's gonna be like he's in the room with you now.

chattown 20.14 will have everything we loved about the 20.13 version plus some bonus features. It's gonna be awesome.

Bisonator
January 29th, 2014, 02:03 PM
Wait til you see chattown in 3D and with surround sound. It's gonna be like he's in the room with you now.

chattown 20.14 will have everything we loved about the 20.13 version plus some bonus features. It's gonna be awesome.

Can't wait! xlolx

Missingnumber7
January 29th, 2014, 03:14 PM
These server update guys sound about as dependable as the Directv installer guy.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 29th, 2014, 03:41 PM
These server update guys sound about as dependable as the Directv installer guy.

Yes it is sort of like any service call situation. You get a time window because I'm sure they have hundreds of AGS's to move around and so forth. I just told em' I'd make sure someone was here to let em' in so if you hear a knock at the door make sure you let em' in.

Mr. C
January 29th, 2014, 05:27 PM

That version will contain everything but the University of Tennessee-Chattanooga winning an important game.

Danielr11220
January 30th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Yes it is sort of like any service call situation. You get a time window because I'm sure they have hundreds of AGS's to move around and so forth. I just told em' I'd make sure someone was here to let em' in so if you hear a knock at the door make sure you let em' in. Yeah alot of server companies are upgrading their stuff due to the rise of the HTML5 lead responsive design style websites.

ALPHAGRIZ1
January 30th, 2014, 01:06 PM
Is there any way when the servers are upgraded they can lose Grizos account info? If so I will definitely donate to AGS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

MarkCCU
January 30th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Good deal, Ursus. I have to ask but, you aren't going overseas to China are you? Keep American Jobs in 'Merica!

ursus arctos horribilis
January 30th, 2014, 03:40 PM
Good deal, Ursus. I have to ask but, you aren't going overseas to China are you? Keep American Jobs in 'Merica!

No sir, it's pure merican. In fact it'ss a great company with servers in different locations but the head guy is located in Cali and they have a large server in Wyoming as well I guess.

A very cool company because I had a problm once when first starting and actually had one of the head muckity mucks call and work through the problem over the phone for about a half hour. In other words, I really like the way these guys do things. Good to see ya by the way Marky Mark.

http://blog.estately.com/assets/the-big-lebowski-3.jpg

MarkCCU
January 30th, 2014, 03:56 PM
No sir, it's pure merican. In fact it'ss a great company with servers in different locations but the head guy is located in Cali and they have a large server in Wyoming as well I guess.

A very cool company because I had a problm once when first starting and actually had one of the head muckity mucks call and work through the problem over the phone for about a half hour. In other words, I really like the way these guys do things. Good to see ya by the way Marky Mark.

http://blog.estately.com/assets/the-big-lebowski-3.jpg

Ok. I approve. Please keep my abreast of all technology changes.

Sent from my iPhone

IBleedYellow
January 30th, 2014, 06:29 PM
Lawl.

BisonBacker
January 31st, 2014, 09:23 AM

Will this take us to Ludicrous speed?
http://www.kirrilywhatman.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/speed.png

Bisonator
January 31st, 2014, 09:38 AM
Does this upgrade include a "flux capacitor"?

http://www.techsavvyed.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Flux-Capacitor-Warning-Part-1.jpg

chattownmocs
January 31st, 2014, 09:53 AM
Can't wait!

- - - Updated - - -

So....are you too blind to see that the offseason is the perfect time for a server migration? Who cares if it's 3 days instead of 4 hours. ESPECIALLY when they are doing it for Ursus without even having him pay(yet...)

No, I was just letting him know that this was not the norm and that if hr is bothered by it, he can certainly press them for a better window. I could not imagine giving a customer that type of window but its up to him. I don't care. So STFU.

BisonBacker
January 31st, 2014, 09:54 AM
Does this upgrade include a "flux capacitor"?

http://www.techsavvyed.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Flux-Capacitor-Warning-Part-1.jpg

http://lifeofdad.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/spaceballs_ludicrous_speed.jpg

Bisonator
January 31st, 2014, 09:57 AM
http://www.sep.com/sep-blog/files/2013/11/danger_flux_capacitor.jpg

BisonBacker
January 31st, 2014, 10:59 AM
http://www.sep.com/sep-blog/files/2013/11/danger_flux_capacitor.jpg

Great Scott The current total bandwidth of this image is 1.21 GB

ursus arctos horribilis
January 31st, 2014, 11:06 AM
No, I was just letting him know that this was not the norm and that if hr is bothered by it, he can certainly press them for a better window. I could not imagine giving a customer that type of window but its up to him. I don't care. So STFU.

Yes I can see what you are saying if this were something I had asked for and it was a pressing matter. This is something they are doing on their own and just sending out an information type email which I relayed on to you guys. They have always been exxcellent in customer service area but I appreciate the "heads up" and the help you were intending.xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
January 31st, 2014, 11:09 AM
It's amazing how many times Back to the Future can be used and brought up on these forums. xlolx

Good times.