PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh Announces Staff Changes/Hirings

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 22nd, 2014, 07:59 PM
Official release regarding the new OC and other staff changes....

http://www.lehighsports.com/news/2014/1/22/FB_0122144230.aspx

BETHLEHEM, Pa. – Lehigh head football coach Andy Coen (http://www.lehighsports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=750) has announced the hiring of Drew Folmar as the Mountain Hawks' new Offensive Coordinator and Quarterbacks Coach. Folmar recently completed his first season as the head football coach at Kutztown University and spent the last five seasons molding the Golden Bears' offense into one of the top units in Division II.

In addition, Coen announced that Brett Sawyer (http://www.lehighsports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=767), who has spent the last eight seasons as Lehigh's Offensive Line Coach and Recruiting Coordinator, has been promoted to Run Game Coordinator, while Jamel Mutunga joins the staff as an offensive assistant.

Lehigh'98
January 22nd, 2014, 08:29 PM
I still think Coach Ryan should have been considered for the position over Drew. Guess we will see this season how things play out. Seems like Lafayette and HC may have caught up to Lehigh talent wise. The defense seems more of a concern to me than the offense though.

RichH2
January 22nd, 2014, 08:43 PM
Changes on D? Seems not. Perhaps reshuffle there will be in house.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 22nd, 2014, 08:46 PM
I still think Coach Ryan should have been considered for the position over Drew. Guess we will see this season how things play out. Seems like Lafayette and HC may have caught up to Lehigh talent wise. The defense seems more of a concern to me than the offense though.

Holy Cross? Lehigh pushed them around rather easily. Fordham has the most talent in the league right now. Lafayette and Bucknell are gaining imo. The Hawks had considerably better athletes than Holy Cross and Colgate. They were just as quick as UNH and held up in the trenches. I think, overall, Lehigh's talent level is solid but depth isn't where it was 2-3 years ago. Lehigh could literally rotate entire DL/LB units in '11. LU just couldn't hold up over the course of 11 games this past year.

This years team should have solid depth given how many young guys were playing the last half of the year. When Lehigh is good nationally they have a solid QB and good depth. LU's 1-25 guys are generally pretty good every year, especially relative to their PL peers. That's why they couldn't win in OOC games from '07-'09 but faired well in the league imo.

Lehigh seems to doing pretty well on the recruiting trail despite working without a full staff. Overall, the ship seems pretty steady. Now it's about spring practice and building towards next year. Cautiously optimistic....

PhillyApp1
January 22nd, 2014, 09:17 PM
Holy Cross? Lehigh pushed them around rather easily. Fordham has the most talent in the league right now. Lafayette and Bucknell are gaining imo. The Hawks had considerably better athletes than Holy Cross and Colgate. They were just as quick as UNH and held up in the trenches. I think, overall, Lehigh's talent level is solid but depth isn't where it was 2-3 years ago. Lehigh could literally rotate entire DL/LB units in '11. LU just couldn't hold up over the course of 11 games this past year.

This years team should have solid depth given how many young guys were playing the last half of the year. When Lehigh is good nationally they have a solid QB and good depth. LU's 1-25 guys are generally pretty good every year, especially relative to their PL peers. That's why they couldn't win in OOC games from '07-'09 but faired well in the league imo.

Lehigh seems to doing pretty well on the recruiting trail despite working without a full staff. Overall, the ship seems pretty steady. Now it's about spring practice and building towards next year. Cautiously optimistic....

I disagree. It seems that LU has actually gone backwards or been just even with HC, Fordham and colgate.....QB and coaching have not shown quality results.....

RichH2
January 22nd, 2014, 09:37 PM
Huh? Lum,Colvin,Bialkowski. Shafnisky ROY each of the 2 weeks he played. On D, I somewhat agree about coaching. D was atrocious all season.

Franks Tanks
January 22nd, 2014, 10:25 PM
Huh? Lum,Colvin,Bialkowski. Shafnisky ROY each of the 2 weeks he played. On D, I somewhat agree about coaching. D was atrocious all season.

Shafnisky may very well develop into a quality QB, but his passing stats were very pedestrian. Chick put him in good situations and did not ask him to make difficult reads. He reminds me of Colvin actually. He is a big strong kid who runs pretty well, and can make sight or check down reads. I don't think he is at the level of Reed or Puljas yet as a passer, but he may get there.

As far as league talent I see it like this.

Fordham

Colgate, Lafayette, Lehigh (in no order)

Bucknell

Holy Cross (sorry Sader, but HC still looks small and slow)

Georgetown

I don't know what to say about Folmar. He is supposed to be a QB guy and all that, but it looks like Kutztown kinda stunk in his 1st year as a HC over there. They had 4 wins, but that is not very hard when you play teams like Millersville, Lock Haven and Cheyney every year. Perhaps he is a better play caller than HC.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 22nd, 2014, 10:42 PM
Shafnisky may very well develop into a quality QB, but his passing stats were very pedestrian. Chick put him in good situations and did not ask him to make difficult reads. He reminds me of Colvin actually. He is a big strong kid who runs pretty well, and can make sight or check down reads. I don't think he is at the level of Reed or Puljas yet as a passer, but he may get there.

As far as league talent I see it like this.

Fordham

Colgate, Lafayette, Lehigh (in no order)

Bucknell

Holy Cross (sorry Sader, but HC still looks small and slow)

Georgetown

I don't know what to say about Folmar. He is supposed to be a QB guy and all that, but it looks like Kutztown kinda stunk in his 1st year as a HC over there. They had 4 wins, but that is not very hard when you play teams like Millersville, Lock Haven and Cheyney every year. Perhaps he is a better play caller than HC.

Shaf didn't make many, if any, mistakes when he played. Given the fact he was 3rd string, probably getting very few reps, and performed well when his time came is a good sign. He's a big kid strong kid who has the potential to be pretty good in the right system. There's considerable experience returning at OL and WR. Someone needs to step up at RB to help Shaf out.

It's hard to gauge much off of Folmar's first year as HC. He's a young guy and it was his first HC job of any kind iirc. As mentioned in another thread, someone who can develop QB's is/was the most important thing imo. Coen could successfully call plays if need be imo.

There's enough returning on offense to lead me to believe it will be pretty good. Lehigh's fate in 2014 will be determined by the defense. They MUST get better! The personnel was lacking a bit but the coaching provided little help. The duel DC's seemed to be a disaster

ngineer
January 22nd, 2014, 10:50 PM
When I read Folmar's bio the other night I figured he would be the one with heavy emphasis on QB coaching and being highly successful QB himself. With Shafnisky and Timochenko that will be greatly needed. Not to dismiss McHale, entirely, I just don't see him beating Nick as the starter.

Also interesting about the new title for Sawyer. Seems like more of a 'run' emphasis, though may be a way to give a promotion and pay bump. Mutunga is a Gettysburg grad, from which Coen graduated in '86 and seems like a stud running back. With the new transfer from Miami, it seems the new offensive hires were done with the players in the stable in mind.

Now we await the changes on defense...

Sader87
January 22nd, 2014, 11:05 PM
Sorry to hijack (not really xsmiley_wix), but I think HC with scholarships is starting to get some serious talent (even moreso than the other PL schools respectively) that they didn't/couldn't get from 1992-2012. I'm not saying it's Alabama or Florida St talent, but if last year's frosh class is any indication, it's a major upgrade on were we've been in the non-schollie era.

Obviously everyone else in the PL is in the same boat but I think HC and Fordham are the two schools that are going to improve the most in the PL from where they were in the non-scholarship-era.

RichH2
January 22nd, 2014, 11:21 PM
Sorry to hijack (not really xsmiley_wix), but I think HC with scholarships is starting to get some serious talent (even moreso than the other PL schools respectively) that they didn't/couldn't get from 1992-2012. I'm not saying it's Alabama or Florida St talent, but if last year's frosh class is any indication, it's a major upgrade on were we've been in the non-schollie era.

Obviously everyone else in the PL is in the same boat but I think HC and Fordham are the two schools that are going to improve the most in the PL from where they were in the non-scholarship-era.

No such thing as hijacking any thread about PLxthumbsupx. Agree that Cross will likely improve substantially with schollies. Tom starting to get some kids with speed. FU certainly deeper and more talented with max schollies than the rest of us but not by huge amount.
FT's breakdown pretty accurate IMO ,again gaps are there but not insurmountable on any given saturday.
LU D. Sadly not the worst I've ever seen us field but really quite ineffective. Coaching,talent,inexperience, a polar vortexxrolleyesx of reasons why.Nw Andy has to fix it.

DFW HOYA
January 23rd, 2014, 05:44 AM

This seems wishful thinking, in that a team will go as far in recruiting as their current staff takes them. Why not Bucknell or Lafayette instead?

Kramer
January 23rd, 2014, 06:10 AM
Based on personal experience, I can say that Coach Tavani, Coach Susan, and Coach Gilmore are good recruiters (each with different demeanor, personalities, etc), as is Coach Coen.

Bogus Megapardus
January 23rd, 2014, 06:16 AM
This seems wishful thinking, in that a team will go as far in recruiting as their current staff takes them. Why not Bucknell or Lafayette instead?

Because we are the useless, unnecessary Pennsylvania-based leech who is holding back the real programs from greater glory days?

Actually I read that in the Brown and White (a poignant, lamenting editorial entitled "One Pennsy Too Many") but I thought I'd just throw that out here for popular digestion. xcoffeex

van
January 23rd, 2014, 07:30 AM
The duel DC's seemed to be a disaster

love the "duel" DC's comment

carney2
January 23rd, 2014, 10:08 AM
At last, an OC!! I was losing a lot of sleep over this. Now we can spend the next few weeks talking about how great LEHIGH's recruiting class is and then move on to how LEHIGH will win at least 9 games this year and sweep all before them.

It's all about the Squawks, you know.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 23rd, 2014, 10:28 AM
At last, an OC!! I was losing a lot of sleep over this. Now we can spend the next few weeks talking about how great LEHIGH's recruiting class is and then move on to how LEHIGH will win at least 9 games this year and sweep all before them.

Lehigh fans aren't THAT greedy...the 20 year average is 8 wins a year :p

LUHawker
January 23rd, 2014, 10:28 AM

You guys have such an inferiority complex it is both funny and sad. We spend little time thinking about little Lafayette, while you Leotards obsess over us. We obsess over us too, so we understand that part.:D

Lehigh Football Nation
January 23rd, 2014, 10:34 AM
I disagree. It seems that LU has actually gone backwards or been just even with HC, Fordham and colgate.....QB and coaching have not shown quality results.....

In the last four years, Lehigh is a combined 10-2 against all four teams. (4-0 vs. HC, 3-1 vs. Fordham, 3-1 vs. Colgate).

Lehigh Football Nation
January 23rd, 2014, 10:36 AM
Because we are the useless, unnecessary Pennsylvania-based leech who is holding back the real programs from greater glory days?

You said it, not me. xlolx

- - - Updated - - -

At last, an OC!! I was losing a lot of sleep over this. Now we can spend the next few weeks talking about Lafayette's upcoming playoff game vs. New Hampshire.

FIFY

RichH2
January 23rd, 2014, 10:43 AM
You guys have such an inferiority complex it is both funny and sad. We spend little time thinking about little Lafayette, while you Leotards obsess over us. We obsess over us too, so we understand that part.:D

xnodx Perfect capsule of LU fans. Not going to apologize for it.xthumbsupx

Sader87
January 23rd, 2014, 11:28 AM

Actually I read that in the Brown and White (a poignant, lamenting editorial entitled "One Pennsy Too Many") but I thought I'd just throw that out here for popular digestion. xcoffeex

Not a dig on the Pennsy schools and Colgate, just that HC was never too "comfortable" institutionally with the non-scholarship model. The Pennsy schools and Colgate have always recruited/played under that model and to an extent had a bit of an advantage over HC in that area. I also think HC's recruiting dropped off a lot more than the other PL schools once it went non-scholarship.

I just think HC has a bigger "up-side" than other PL schools with scholarships now. I'm not saying HC will become this leviathan now, just better year-in, year-out than they were from 1992-2012.

The thing with Fordham is that they have a bit of an advantage with a lower AI and I think the draw/lure of NYC will help with their recruiting.

Just my .02 and the great thing about sports is that we shall see about all this on the playing field.

Lehigh'98
January 23rd, 2014, 11:44 AM

When you see the title of the thread that says Lehigh announces some *****, why even bother reading through it if you don't give a damn? I have no clue who you think all these Squawk fan boys are who think we are the 2nd coming of NDSU, most of us realize we got a ton of work to do to keep pace with the rest of the league. I mean cmon, we lost to f-ing Lafayette for the first time in like 20 yrs. It doesn't get any more embarassing than that. I have a hunch this season records will mean less than winning or losing #150 with all the media attention that game will get. If you guys win that by some miracle, there will be a whole bunch of unhappy Lehigh campers...

carney2
January 23rd, 2014, 11:59 AM
we lost to f-ing Lafayette for the first time in like 20 yrs.

You were routed. Call it what it is.

I have a hunch this season records will mean less than winning or losing #150 with all the media attention that game will get. If you guys win that by some miracle, there will be a whole bunch of unhappy Lehigh campers...

And the early favorite is...?

Lehigh'98
January 23rd, 2014, 12:18 PM

As of now, you have the edge due to Reed and coaching changes, but many things will change.

Southsider
January 23rd, 2014, 06:28 PM
xnodx Perfect capsule of LU fans. Not going to apologize for it.xthumbsupx

+1+1+1+1+1+1

Southsider
January 23rd, 2014, 06:31 PM

It's January............nobody cares at this point.

carney2
January 23rd, 2014, 06:53 PM

It's January............nobody cares at this point.

None of the losers is what you mean. Personally, I'm still dancing over last year and salivating over this.

RichH2
January 23rd, 2014, 07:15 PM
You should revel in the win Carney. They are very rare.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 24th, 2014, 09:13 AM
Carney, here's some essential reading for you in regards to Lehigh's new OC:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/01/coen-taps-his-merchant-marine-coaching.html

Topics of conversation: How similar was Merchant Marine-King's Point's offense to the record-breaking Lehigh offenses of the last four years? Will he utilize the running capabilities of Shaf or McHale, or will he be more pass-first?

I'm sure the Lafayette guys will have lots of opinions. :)

carney2
January 24th, 2014, 10:00 AM
You should revel in the win Carney. They are very rare.

Last 10 years = 5-5

carney2
January 24th, 2014, 10:04 AM
Carney, here's some essential reading for you in regards to Lehigh's new OC:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/01/coen-taps-his-merchant-marine-coaching.html

Topics of conversation: How similar was Merchant Marine-King's Point's offense to the record-breaking Lehigh offenses of the last four years? Will he utilize the running capabilities of Shaf or McHale, or will he be more pass-first?

I'm sure the Lafayette guys will have lots of opinions. :)

Actually, I wish him well. May he help lead the Squawks to 10-1 every year.

RichH2
January 24th, 2014, 10:49 AM
Last 10 years = 5-5
16-8 since 90.We can go back further if you want.It just gets worse for Pards

ngineer
January 24th, 2014, 11:21 AM

....except when you get to the 1940's which were ended the wandering in the desert for 25 years.

DFW HOYA
January 24th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Winning Seasons, Last 5 Years:
Lehigh 4-1
Colgate 3-2
Holy Cross: 3-2
Bucknell 2-3
Fordham: 2-3
Lafayette 1-4
Georgetown 1-4

Winning Seasons, Last 15 Years:
Lehigh 12-3
Colgate 12-3
Holy Cross: 8-7
Lafayette 7-7-1
Bucknell 7-7-1
Fordham: 6-9
Georgetown 2-13

Winning Seasons, Last 25 Years:
Lehigh 17-7-1
Colgate 16-9
Holy Cross: 12-13
Lafayette 7-7-1
Bucknell 12-11-2
Georgetown 8-16-1
Fordham: 6-19

Winning Seasons, Last 50 Years:
Colgate 32-15-3
Lehigh 29-19-2
Holy Cross: 22-25-3
Georgetown 20-26-4
Lafayette 19-24-7
Fordham: 18-28-4
Bucknell 17-26-7

RichH2
January 24th, 2014, 12:49 PM
Winning Seasons, Last 5 Years:
Lehigh 4-1
Colgate 3-2
Holy Cross: 3-2
Bucknell 2-3
Fordham: 2-3
Lafayette 1-4
Georgetown 1-4

Winning Seasons, Last 15 Years:
Lehigh 12-3
Colgate 12-3
Holy Cross: 8-7
Lafayette 7-7-1
Bucknell 7-7-1
Fordham: 6-9
Georgetown 2-13

Winning Seasons, Last 25 Years:
Lehigh 17-7-1
Colgate 16-9
Holy Cross: 12-13
Lafayette 7-7-1
Bucknell 12-11-2
Georgetown 8-16-1
Fordham: 6-19

Winning Seasons, Last 50 Years:
Colgate 32-15-3
Lehigh 29-19-2
Holy Cross: 22-25-3
Georgetown 20-26-4
Lafayette 19-24-7
Fordham: 18-28-4
Bucknell 17-26-7

Thanks DFW. Interesting historical perspective. I wonder how,if at all, schollies will alter these trends.

Sader87
January 24th, 2014, 01:03 PM
HC played tougher schedules than the other schools over the last 50 years....just sayin'

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 24th, 2014, 01:08 PM
HC played tougher schedules than the other schools over the last 50 years....just sayin'

I think it's more a reflection on how bad HC football was before they dropped down to 1-AA.....

Sader87
January 24th, 2014, 01:11 PM
I don't disagree...we were basically a D2 school playing a mostly D1/D2 schedule from the mid 1960s to 1982 (when HC became 1-AA). That being said, with the exception of Colgate, no team played more difficult schedules than HC in the 1960s and 1970s and it's really not close.

Fordham
January 24th, 2014, 03:16 PM
The thing with Fordham is that they have a bit of an advantage with a lower AI ....

????????

carney2
January 24th, 2014, 03:22 PM

You olde fartes - always living in the past. Still wearing your Eisenhower - Nixon button, Rich?

Kramer
January 24th, 2014, 03:44 PM
Lets switch gears-- sophomore slump for Drew Reed,or PL offensive Player of the Year?

Sader87
January 24th, 2014, 03:47 PM
????????

Not meant to be a slight, but I can see it being taken as such. I loathe the AI with the fire of a thousand suns, but it's based on the "average admitted student's academic scores at that particular university" No offense, but Fordham's are a little lower than say GTown or Colgate and as such FU can recruit from a little bit bigger pool of recruits. I said it would be a "bit" of an edge...not a big one.

RichH2
January 24th, 2014, 03:55 PM
All of us must be above the floor with all our recruits. Rams may have some edge but not so substantial that it is an issue.

Fordham
January 24th, 2014, 05:24 PM
Not meant to be a slight, but I can see it being taken as such. I loathe the AI with the fire of a thousand suns, but it's based on the "average admitted student's academic scores at that particular university" No offense, but Fordham's are a little lower than say GTown or Colgate and as such FU can recruit from a little bit bigger pool of recruits. I said it would be a "bit" of an edge...not a big one.
When did we switch back from a league-wide AI to a school-based one?

Sader87
January 24th, 2014, 05:52 PM
I think it's always been that way Fordham.

There is an absolute floor/score that everyone has to have i.e. say a 168 but then each school is a little different from there. It then breaks down into "bands" i.e high, low, low-low etc. which is based on what that school's average score is (one standard deviation below the mean is low etc) and you can only have so many "low-low" recruits in a class etc etc

It gives me an instant headache talking about it...hope that clarifies it a little.

RichH2
January 24th, 2014, 05:59 PM
Lets switch gears-- sophomore slump for Drew Reed,or PL offensive Player of the Year?
Reed will be good, but Cross,Lehigh and Fordham all w excellent QBs. Edge Nebrich.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 24th, 2014, 07:09 PM

He'll be good but I like Nebrich for player of the year. Reed doesn't have Ajala or FU's OL...

Keep your on Jimmy DeCicco, RB, from Colgate. If Colgate can find a QB and gets a little better line play he'll be the best RB in the league. He's big with wheels.....

carney2
January 24th, 2014, 07:10 PM

A large part of it comes down to supporting cast. The Pards have to replace no. 1 receiver Mark Ross, and they need better production/protection from their offensive line than we saw at New Hampshire. The preseason nod will almost certainly go to Fordham's Nebrich.

Franks Tanks
January 24th, 2014, 08:52 PM
He'll be good but I like Nebrich for player of the year. Reed doesn't have Ajala or FU's OL...

Keep your on Jimmy DeCicco, RB, from Colgate. If Colgate can find a QB and gets a little better line play he'll be the best RB in the league. He's big with wheels.....

Ross Scheurman and the kid from Bucknell are probably better.

DeCicco made some explosive plays last year, but he was listed as a WR on the roster last year and 190 lbs. Not so sure he is a rugged 25 carry per game type of player.

RichH2
January 24th, 2014, 09:26 PM

DeCicco is good but for him to star Gate needs a QB.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 24th, 2014, 09:35 PM

Ross Scheurman and the kid from Bucknell are probably better.

DeCicco made some explosive plays last year, but he was listed as a WR on the roster last year and 190 lbs. Not so sure he is a rugged 25 carry per game type of player.

Close between C.J. Williams and DeCicco. I'd give the edge to Williams.

ngineer
January 24th, 2014, 10:27 PM
Nebrich is NFL quality. Imo, better than Skelton. Hands down pre-season POY. Reed will be as good as his supporting cast lets him. Can't throw from your back and someone needs to catch. Ross was a first class receiver. Remains to be see if 'pards have someone who steps up.

Franks Tanks
January 24th, 2014, 10:35 PM
Close between C.J. Williams and DeCicco. I'd give the edge to Williams.

This is why it is hard to take you seriously sometimes. DeCicco is a freaking WR who sometimes carries the ball. He wasn't even Colgate's starting RB. Williams averaged 4.1 ypc last year, while Scheurman averaged 5.1. Scheurman is also a deadly reciever out of the backfield.

Scheurman is the best returning RB in the PL, with Williams coming in 2nd.

Franks Tanks
January 24th, 2014, 10:37 PM
Nebrich is NFL quality. Imo, better than Skelton. Hands down pre-season POY. Reed will be as good as his supporting cast lets him. Can't throw from your back and someone needs to catch. Ross was a first class receiver. Remains to be see if 'pards have someone who steps up.

Dixon is poised to have a big year. He was the guy who took the short pass to the house against you guys. Adams and Duncan are back, and are solid. Rising sophmore Vangeles will also be in the mix.

Bill
January 24th, 2014, 10:49 PM
Rising sophomore Vangeles will also be in the mix.

OK, it's late. Do you mean this guy will be in the mix? :)

Sader87
January 24th, 2014, 11:03 PM
Schuermann is a very good back...quick/elusive....definitely the best returning RB in the PL imo.

Reed is very good...very poised etc but I think Pujals could be a very good FCS QB as well...Pujals is a great running QB and has a very strong arm. I'm not saying he's better than Reed but for the offense we run, I'd take Pujals right now.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 24th, 2014, 11:06 PM
This is why it is hard to take you seriously sometimes. DeCicco is a freaking WR who sometimes carries the ball. He wasn't even Colgate's starting RB. Williams averaged 4.1 ypc last year, while Scheurman averaged 5.1. Scheurman is also a deadly reciever out of the backfield.

Scheurman is the best returning RB in the PL, with Williams coming in 2nd.

DeCicco had 63 carries and 14 receptions. He also averaged 26 yards on kick returns with a long of 74. If you read some of the Colgate talk it appears he will spend most of his time in the backfield next year. He has tremendous potential....

For the first time a few years there's no real returning star on offense for Lehigh. As a group, the TE's and WR's should be solid. The return of Derek Knott should be a big boost. RB's who knows. The OL figures to be strength of the offense imo. Daryoush is "arguably" the best OL in the league. If Shafnisky builds off of last year I have no worries there.....

Folmar's offenses have traditionally be pass happy so I don't see LU's identity changing much....

RichH2
January 25th, 2014, 08:53 AM
Kramer brought up an interesting point re QBs size and fragility. Did any team in PL not have QB injuries last year? PL a QB driven conference. It would seem unlikely that we all will avoid losing a QB for a while next season. Those 2nd string QBs may be crucial next year

Pard4Life
January 25th, 2014, 12:01 PM

And I can go back all the way to 1884... Lafayette: 77–67–5

RichH2
January 25th, 2014, 12:18 PM
And I can go back all the way to 1884... Lafayette: 77–67–5

Some solace no doubt to your great grandfather P4L, not much for any alive today;)

carney2
January 25th, 2014, 03:14 PM
Dixon is poised to have a big year. He was the guy who took the short pass to the house against you guys. Adams and Duncan are back, and are solid. Rising sophmore Vangeles will also be in the mix.

Sorry, Tanks, but this is not a scary list, particularly Adams and Duncan. Need at least one of the recruits to be announced on 2/5 to step up.

Pard4Life
January 25th, 2014, 03:40 PM
Some solace no doubt to your great grandfather P4L, not much for any alive today;)

PUH-LEASE!!! It's called the famous Rivalry because we only count the last 40 years of games. Yes, the last 40 years are all that matter and is the reason why we are playing in Yankee Stadium next year. It's actually the 40th meeting of Lafayette-Lehigh... yes, I'll call both schools to alert them of their anniversary error.

RichH2
January 25th, 2014, 03:51 PM
[QUOTE=Pard4Life;2089841]PUH-LEASE!!! It's called the famous Rivalry because we only count the last 40 years of games. Yes, the last 40 years are all that matter and is the reason why we are playing in Yankee Stadium next year. It's actually the 40th meeting of Lafayette-Lehigh... yes, I'll call both schools to alert them of their anniversary error.[/QUOTE

No , P4L, they all count, just cant get too wound up over games before I was even born and I am older than dirt. Lafayette a lot like Greece and Rome all had their great days in ages gone by.xrolleyesx

Fordham
January 29th, 2014, 08:06 PM
I think it's always been that way Fordham.

There is an absolute floor/score that everyone has to have i.e. say a 168 but then each school is a little different from there. It then breaks down into "bands" i.e high, low, low-low etc. which is based on what that school's average score is (one standard deviation below the mean is low etc) and you can only have so many "low-low" recruits in a class etc etc

It gives me an instant headache talking about it...hope that clarifies it a little.
No, it used to be like that and there were numerous threads on here a few years back when we switched to a league-wide AI from the individual school one that had been in place.

I'll have to do some digging to see if those threads are still around but at this point my mind is numb more so because I see posts from guys like DFW, Bogie and LFN that came after yours here and no one said anything in response.

It's making me think I dreamt it.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 30th, 2014, 09:45 AM
No, it used to be like that and there were numerous threads on here a few years back when we switched to a league-wide AI from the individual school one that had been in place.

I'll have to do some digging to see if those threads are still around but at this point my mind is numb more so because I see posts from guys like DFW, Bogie and LFN that came after yours here and no one said anything in response.

It's making me think I dreamt it.

Sader87 is right. The PL has organized the AI in a series of bands with a league-wide floor, and then the bands are defined from standard deviations from the (I think) two year rolling average of the academic standing of the incoming class.

What this means is:

* Everyone is recruiting the same athletes.
* But not everyone can recruit the same number of athletes close to the "floor" (keeping in mind that the "floor" is still a strong academic achiever. These are not NCAA clearancehouse kids by a long shot).

Right now, it's very close to the way it's being done in the Ivy League.

Sandlapper Spike
February 1st, 2014, 05:54 PM
S

Right now, it's very close to the way it's being done in the Ivy League.

Which means it's kind of secretive, I guess?