PDA

View Full Version : USD Compilation/Stats

catbob
October 16th, 2006, 04:54 PM
So I did a search for "San Diego" on AGS, and in the first two pages alone, I found:

9 different threads (not including score threads about USD)
412 replies

All since October 10th. I didn't even dare venture further back, but I see at least 3 threads with 3500 views on the 9th alone, page 3 of my search.

Can we calm down USD? Please?

AggiePride
October 16th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Your stats are WRONG.

There are 10 threads, and 1 more reply, and a few more views~!

Oh wait... that's your fault...

USDFAN_55
October 16th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Your stats are WRONG.

There are 10 threads, and 1 more reply, and a few more views~!

Oh wait... that's your fault...

And the wonder why there are so many USD threads. Do a search on how many of these threads were actually started by USD fans. I'm sure th majority were, btu there will be a few (including this one) that were started by isn't a USD fan.

catbob
October 16th, 2006, 05:06 PM
I believe 2, maybe 3 were not started by USD fans. I didn't count the ones started that made fun of USD (USD to the superbowl).

My point is this is just ridiculous. You guys are just making people irritated rather than enlightened.

My train of though for USD:

1. Wow, USD is still rolling, I wonder how they would do against some upper IAA teams!
2. Man, USD is getting a lot of fans on AGS, that is pretty cool...
3. Another thread by a USD fan... neat...
4. Man I ******* hate USD.

:P

UNHWildCats
October 16th, 2006, 05:07 PM
ok catbob and instead of posting this in one of the existent threads u created anouther USD thread :P

GOTOREROS
October 16th, 2006, 05:24 PM
So I did a search for "San Diego" on AGS, and in the first two pages alone, I found:

412 replies

All since October 10th. I didn't even dare venture further back, but I see at least 3 threads with 3500 views on the 9th alone, page 3 of my search.

If people are so worried about the "number of threads", "number of views", "beating a dead horse", etc., why don't you just NOT RESPOND.

I ask you guys, is it not possible for you to simply ignore what you don't want to read about. Perhaps there are some USD fans who want to discuss USD...you don't have to participate. Also, if you read something and disagree with it, you also don't have to respond. I don't think anyone here is responsible for posting rebutals - I doubt there is something in the website charter that says you have to debate every point. So if you respond to a USD post expect a response to your post. It's a pretty simple process that goes on many message boards etc. I doubt ther is something special about this board and how interaction occurs. Unless of course some of you are employed by AGS to respond to every USD post :rolleyes: .

Or even better yet don't click on the thread if the subject line/thread topic is about USD. You don't have to read them if you don't want. Or is it that some of you have no self control and feel the need to comment in each USD topic/thread that you are tired of USD....

Is Jim Harbaugh holding a gun to your collective heads to read the USD threads......jeez, exercise some personal discretion/control if you are bored with USD...there are tons of other threads to read...until the owner of this board tells USD fans to go away we are going to be here for the long run.

Man are you going to all be pissed when USA Today runs another story on the front page of its sports section shortly - yes, it is true. It is scheduled to run in the next two weeks. Harbaugh will have another HUGE article in a national newspaper...sorry everyone. USD just isn't going to go away as much as you would all like...so stay away from USA Today shortly if you hate USD so much....

GOTOREROS

BigApp
October 16th, 2006, 05:28 PM
ok catbob and instead of posting this in one of the existent threads u created anouther USD thread :P

yes, like cowbell, we need more San Diego.:thumbsup:

October 16th, 2006, 05:28 PM
...if you hate USD so much....I don't think it is USD that they "hate"...

catbob
October 16th, 2006, 07:43 PM
I respect the USD program and would love to have them play my Cats. I should've worded it differently. Just tired of nonstop USD love from USD fans. :P

OldAggieAlum
October 16th, 2006, 08:27 PM
It's kinda the same concept as SPAM.

Yes, you can just hit delete to get rid of it, but it gets to the point where it gets out of hand.

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2006, 11:37 PM
It's kinda the same concept as SPAM.

Yes, you can just hit delete to get rid of it, but it gets to the point where it gets out of hand.

It takes up too many pages. :D

SDFan
October 16th, 2006, 11:43 PM
Even though i love hearing people talk about us, I'm agreeing. Problem is, I now see 3-4 threads that all have seperate conversations that are going on.

PantherRob82
October 17th, 2006, 12:10 AM
Even though i love hearing people talk about us, I'm agreeing. Problem is, I now see 3-4 threads that all have seperate conversations that are going on.

exaclty. hard to keep track of where things are. Maybe we need a USD question and answer night. :D

Torero Tradition
October 17th, 2006, 12:12 AM
When is it going to be Univ. of San Diego Torero Month on AGS :)
People would love that~

In order to help out with the Questions and Answers about USD...

University of San Diego Facts
Our City
- San Diego, California's oldest city
- Beaches, mountains, desert, and the Mexican border all within a short drive
- The nation's seventh largest city, with a population of 1.3 million

Our University
- Roman Catholic. Private. Coeducational. Residential.
- Two semesters (early September to late May), January intersession, and summer sessions
- Governed by an independent Board of Trustees
- Fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges since 1956

Our Campus
- 180 acres in Linda Vista overlooking Mission Bay, with views of the Pacific Ocean
- 15 minutes from downtown San Diego and the San Diego International Airport
- Named Alcalá Park to honor San Diego de Alcalá, a Franciscan lay brother canonized in 1588
- Beautiful 16th century Spanish Renaissance architectural style

Our Founding
- Chartered in 1949
- Bishop Charles F. Buddy, Diocese of San Diego, founded San Diego University
- Mother Rosalie Hill, Society of the Sacred Heart, founded the San Diego College for Women
- Schools merged as the University of San Diego in 1972

Academic Organization
- College of Arts and Sciences
- Hahn School of Nursing and Health Science
- Joan B. Kroc School of Peace Studies (under development)
- School of Business Administration
- School of Law
- School of Leadership and Education Sciences

Statistics (2006-07)
- Students: 4962 undergraduate, 1376 graduate, and 1145 law – 7483 total (6810 FTE)
- Faculty: 364 full time, 360 part time – 724 total (503 FTE)
- Degrees awarded in 2005-06: 1153 bachelor's, 545 master's, 30 doctoral, 313 J.D., 59 LL.M.
- Alumni: 43,962 in all 50 states and 90 countries, with 65% living in California
- Endowment: $184 million (June 30, 2006)

Libraries
- Copley Library and the Pardee Legal Research Center offer more than 800,000 print volumes
- San Diego Circuit Library Consortium provides access to an additional 2 million volumes

Organizations
- Phi Beta Kappa, Mortar Board, National Society of Collegiate Scholars, Kappa Gamma Pi
- 30 discipline-specific national honor and professional societies
- 60 student organizations affiliated with Associated Students
- 4 national social fraternities and 6 national social sororities

Athletics
- School colors are Columbia blue, navy blue, and white
- School mascot is the Torero (bullfighter)
- 8 men's and 8 women's NCAA Division I teams
- Division I teams compete in the West Coast Conference
- Football team competes in the Pioneer League
- 16 sports and recreation clubs

Torero Tradition
October 17th, 2006, 12:32 AM
:hurray: xsmileyclapx

yes, like cowbell, we need more San Diego.:thumbsup:

More Cowbell! :hurray: xsmileyclapx

GOTOREROS
October 17th, 2006, 01:08 AM
:hurray: xsmileyclapx

More Cowbell! :hurray: xsmileyclapx

You know they actually have cowbells that they give out to people if they want them at home USD football games? They also play on the video board the SNL skit where he says "I need more cowbell".....pretty funny stuff.

GOTOREROS

October 17th, 2006, 01:28 AM
[B]When is it going to be Univ. of San Diego Torero Month on AGS :)...Just click the donate button and send $125. :nod:

AppGuy04
October 17th, 2006, 07:35 AM

They all inevitably encompass the same topics:

1. We are undefeated, we are the ****
2. Harbaugh is an ass
3. USD will not make the playoffs
4. Play a better schedule

Thats why its annoying to me

BeauFoster
October 17th, 2006, 07:49 AM
Our City
- San Diego, California's oldest city
- Beaches, mountains, desert, and the Mexican border all within a short drive
- The nation's seventh largest city, with a population of 1.3 million

Doesn't San Diego also mean "whale's vagina" in German?

AppGuy04
October 17th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Doesn't San Diego also mean "whale's vagina" in German?

Whale Vagina = Walscheide

UNHWildCats
October 17th, 2006, 08:29 AM
heres an idea to either keep down the USD threads or atleast make money off them:P only allow AGS donators to create threads :D

AppGuy04
October 17th, 2006, 08:29 AM
heres an idea to either keep down the USD threads or atleast make money off them:P only allow AGS donators to create threads :D

or make a minimum number of posts before you can create a thread

Pauly LB
October 17th, 2006, 08:46 AM
The solution is for USD to put somebody on their schedule to play ASAP. Most schools are working on their schedules three years (sometimes more) in advance. However, there are always going to be a few openings for games during the next calendar year. Opportunities to play a higher level of competition are out there and if USD wants to be considered seriously for playoffs, they need to put together a schedule that will command some respect. Until that happens they can talk all they want -- but they will not deserve playoff consideration.

PantherRob82
October 17th, 2006, 09:31 AM
The solution is for USD to put somebody on their schedule to play ASAP. Most schools are working on their schedules three years (sometimes more) in advance. However, there are always going to be a few openings for games during the next calendar year. Opportunities to play a higher level of competition are out there and if USD wants to be considered seriously for playoffs, they need to put together a schedule that will command some respect. Until that happens they can talk all they want -- but they will not deserve playoff consideration.

You are probably at least the 25th person to state this. Maybe the 25th time is the charm. ;)

OL FU
October 17th, 2006, 09:43 AM

412 replies

Just do what I do?
If the thread looks remotely close to something about Southern California, I ignore it:smiley_wi

OL FU
October 17th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Just do what I do?
If the thread looks remotely close to something about Southern California, I ignore it:smiley_wi

:eek: except for this one of coursexlolx

BigApp
October 17th, 2006, 10:38 AM
let's not forget Catbob, one San Diego thread got deleted :D so you can add that one to your list too :p

USDFAN_55
October 17th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Just click the donate button and send $125. :nod:

Just did that last night..... I can't wait for USD month.:cool:

GOTOREROS
October 17th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Just did that last night..... I can't wait for USD month.:cool:

Yes, "USD Month" has been progressing. I expect this publicty to vault us into the playoffs...

GOTOREROS

P.S. I am being sarcastic...

UNHWildCats
October 17th, 2006, 11:18 AM
god help us!

BigApp
October 17th, 2006, 11:22 AM
The Toreros on the bus go round and round
round and round, round and round
The Toreros on the bus go round and round
all through the town

OldAggieAlum
October 17th, 2006, 09:12 PM
How about creating a special USD board down in the "Specific I-AA Boards" section down with the GWFC board? People who want to talk about USD can go there. Everyone else can come to the main I-AA Discussion board.

OldAggieAlum
October 17th, 2006, 09:13 PM
A special board for a special team.

GOTOREROS
October 17th, 2006, 09:17 PM
A special board for a special team.

That would be sweet - I seriously would enjoy a USD only area where we can have a huge lovefest with our team, coaches, and fans and talk about you guys behind your backs xlolx . I also look forward to our "special" game with you 11/25. Hope you don't lose because that would be embarassing huh? The team that lost to USD - wow would you aggie fans ever live that one down - LOL! :D

GOTOREROS

UNHWildCats
October 17th, 2006, 09:18 PM
That would be sweet - I seriously would enjoy a USD only area where we can have a huge lovefest with our team, coaches, and fans and talk about you guys behind your backs xlolx . I also look forward to our "special" game with you 11/25. Hope you don't lose because that would be embarassing huh? The team that lost to USD - wow would you aggie fans ever live that one down - LOL! :D

GOTOREROS

Maybe if a few USD fans pony up AGS donations Ralph can create u guys a special section :P

GOTOREROS
October 17th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Maybe if a few USD fans pony up AGS donations Ralph can create u guys a special section :P

Seriously, where is there a link to find info on donations etc. I would be interested in such a thing.....

GOTOREROS

UNHWildCats
October 17th, 2006, 09:42 PM
at the bottom of the screen says Make Donation

BigApp
October 18th, 2006, 10:54 AM
at the bottom of the screen says Make Donation

It's also at the top of the screen says 2006 AGS Donation Drive

San Diego....I love San Diego....Don't you?..I do...San Diego...: retard :

USDFAN_55
October 18th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Hey, I just donated a couple days ago. Hopefully Novemevr is going to be the official USD month here at AGS. I'm sure all you guys can't wait for that.:smiley_wi