PDA

View Full Version : Jacksonville State's Bill Clark to UAB?

TTUEagles
January 20th, 2014, 08:37 AM
Footballscoop.com is reporting that this is going to happen...
If so, lousy timing for Jacksonville State! Who takes over at JSU?

SU DOG
January 20th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Great hire for the Blazers - low blow for JSU, especially the way it went down with Clark's adamant denials and the timing as mentioned. Some talk by JSU folks about promotion from within.

lionsrking2
January 20th, 2014, 11:03 AM
Great hire for the Blazers - low blow for JSU, especially the way it went down with Clark's adamant denials and the timing as mentioned. Some talk by JSU folks about promotion from within.

You think they would have to, this close to signing day. The price of hiring good coaches is you quickly lose them ... hopefully they leave the next man up in a good place.

Cocky
January 20th, 2014, 11:16 AM
Grass and Wright will be considered.
Bill hasnt accepted at this time but really believe the announcement of his departure will be this afternoon.

The Ville
January 20th, 2014, 02:07 PM
I really don't see a hire from within, if Clark is gone I think most of his staff goes with him. He brought them here and they work well together obviously. Have to think long term, don't worry about this recruiting class and try to throw a coach in there, take time and get the right guy.

Cocky
January 20th, 2014, 02:40 PM
I really don't see a hire from within, if Clark is gone I think most of his staff goes with him. He brought them here and they work well together obviously. Have to think long term, don't worry about this recruiting class and try to throw a coach in there, take time and get the right guy.

If we dont consider those two I would guestion the thinking long term. Two quality coaches on staff should get a look if JSU want to continue winning. Hopefully our leadership isnt too short sighted.

McNeese75
January 20th, 2014, 04:48 PM
I wonder how those transfers are going to react to this.

dudeitsaid
January 21st, 2014, 06:11 PM
That's a bummer, especially with the way the program has taken off, and how much of the credit for that success was the new coaching staff. Hope the next guy can keep the momentum moving forward for you guys.

-

dgtw
January 21st, 2014, 07:46 PM
We're still paying Crowe for another year, maybe he could coach and then they can take their time finding someone for 2015.

Seriously, this really sucks. I understand him going for more money, but don't get all hot under the collar when a website says you are taking the job and then take it anyway. I want to call in to his talk show and ask if he is going to bail on UAB after one year if they have a good season.

He could get a better job if he stayed at JSU for a couple more years and continued to do well, but this way he gets to pile up pension points in the state retirement system. He has 22 years and three sucky years at UAB will let him retire with full benefits based on his highest salary.

He should call Bobby Wallace at UNA and ask him how Temple worked out for him.

Cocky
January 22nd, 2014, 08:01 PM
Crowe was paid off

Redbirdz
January 23rd, 2014, 11:40 PM
New HC is the former OC, John Grass. It was his offense that did so well anyway so that will continue. Look for a strong DC hire.