PDA

View Full Version : My Take...Big Sky week 7

putter
October 16th, 2006, 04:10 PM
Here is my ranking on the Big Sky so far....

1) Montana --> despite a fumble at their 27 which allowed NAU to pull within 3 the Griz D held on to win this game. The high powered NAU O was held to under 200 total yards. They keep finding a way to win. Up next @ Weber

2) Montana St. --> Moved to 2 spot after road win over an imporved Sac St. team. Rolovich did ok for his first start but needs to continue to improve. Difficult test @ Idaho St. this week.

3) Portland St. --> put at 3 after losing to MSU. Controlled ISU with another quality defensive showing and Sawyer Smith bouncing back after a poor Montana St game. EWU this week

4) Northern Arizona --> NAU's offense was held in check by Montana's D but having 2 weeks to prepare for Montana was evident by their defensive showing. Lets see what they do against Sac St.

5) Sacramento St. --> After two straight wins in conference Sac forgot to show up in the first half against MSU but rallied in the second to lose by 3. Will be tested against NAU this week.

6) Weber St. --> Another team with 2 weeks to prepare for Montana. Weber has a good defense and Montana has been weak against the blitz the last two weeks. Ron McBride should have Weber ready for the Griz at home.

7) Eastern Washington --> Handles hapless Northern Colorado but now have to take a big step against Portland State. EWU is young but has talent but can that young QB handle a very good PSU defense and offense that got back on track last week

8) Idaho State --> Gutierrez has shown flashes for the Bengals but they have been a disappointment this year.

9) Northern Colorado --> What to say? Lots of distractions down in Greely to go with a team that is struggling through a tough conference schedule. Can they handle Idle this week?

Walkon79
October 16th, 2006, 04:20 PM
No argument here. Cats need to win out to have a chance at playoffs, after beating Colorado then losing three straight at home to start the season.

elkmcc
October 16th, 2006, 05:11 PM
No argument here. Cats need to win out to have a chance at playoffs, after beating Colorado then losing three straight at home to start the season.

Good luck until Griz/cat. But you won't get any support from me on the "winning out" thing. Winning out mean beating the Griz at Wa/Griz. Won't happen. Guess that means no playoffs again this year for the cats. Oh well. Just another normal season.xlolx

Walkon79
October 16th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Good luck until Griz/cat. But you won't get any support from me on the "winning out" thing. Winning out mean beating the Griz at Wa/Griz. Won't happen. Guess that means no playoffs again this year for the cats. Oh well. Just another normal season.xlolx

Tough being a life-long. But we will make it interesting down the stretch.

Walkon79
October 16th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Oh and that's CAT/GRIZ to you!!

MrTitleist
October 16th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Oh and that's CAT/GRIZ to you!!

Until you run off a streak of 17 out of 20 wins, it's Griz/Cat. :)

DaGriz
October 16th, 2006, 07:08 PM
8) Idaho State --> Gutierrez has shown flashes for the Bengals but they have been a disappointment this year. Another team with 2 weeks to prepare for the Griz

You have a typo here somewhere. ISU is playing MSU this weekend and us the following weekend. They don't have two weeks to prepare for us. Weber you mean?

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2006, 11:40 PM
UNC is by far the worst team in the conference. I hope there other sports bring something to the table for the BSC.

putter
October 16th, 2006, 11:48 PM
You have a typo here somewhere. ISU is playing MSU this weekend and us the following weekend. They don't have two weeks to prepare for us. Weber you mean?

Good catch. You are correct DaGriz. Thanks for the edit.

I Bleed Purple
October 17th, 2006, 01:03 AM
UNC is by far the worst team in the conference. I hope there other sports bring something to the table for the BSC.
It's their first season. It's like an expansion team.

My take this week?

I hope there are more WSU fans than UM fans at the game on Saturday.

putter
October 17th, 2006, 10:08 AM
It's their first season. It's like an expansion team.

My take this week?

I hope there are more WSU fans than UM fans at the game on Saturday.

It will be close!:) I'm sure McBride has been politicing to get people there. He sure was vocal about giving the game away last year in Missoula. Something that has been mentioned several times by the Griz this week.:eek: