PDA

View Full Version : College Sports Journal Announces All-Freshman Team

Mr. C
January 17th, 2014, 11:41 PM
For those who might have missed it, College Sports Journal unveiled its 2013 FCS All-Freshman team on Friday, with Cooper Kupp of Eastern Washington named freshman of the year and Dale Lindsay of San Diego named as the first-year coach of the year.

Here is the link to the article.

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/ncaa-division-i-sports/fcs-football/801-eastern-washington-s-cooper-kupp-headlines-csj-s-2013-all-freshman-team

blueballs
January 18th, 2014, 11:43 AM
Interesting... the only FCS freshman to get a College Football Final Helmet Sticker didn't even get honorable mention.

Bogus Megapardus
January 18th, 2014, 12:15 PM
Drew Reed >>> R.J. Noel

Skjellyfetti
January 18th, 2014, 01:24 PM
the only FCS freshman to get a College Football Final Helmet Sticker

Whelp, definitely the first time I've heard that stat. xlolx

WrenFGun
January 19th, 2014, 05:24 PM
Hard to believe no Casey DeAndrade..

jmufan999
January 19th, 2014, 09:56 PM
i really just scrolled to make sure Gage Steele was on the list and was "relieved" (too strong a word) when i saw he was. he's an incredible talent.

PaladinFan
January 20th, 2014, 07:06 AM
Can always nitpick these lists. I do think that if you are going to have Samford's Karel Hamilton on your first team, then Furman's Andrej Suttles needs to be right there with him. Suttles had more receptions, yards, and catches per game.

blackbeard
January 20th, 2014, 08:06 AM
Drew Reed >>> R.J. Noel

Ahhhh.....no

Franks Tanks
January 20th, 2014, 08:15 AM
Ahhhh.....no

As always thanks for your thoughtful commentary. Noel is a very good player, but he doesn't have much of an arm. Reed is going to have a much better career than Noel when it's all said and done imo.

blackbeard
January 20th, 2014, 11:24 AM
As always thanks for your thoughtful commentary. Noel is a very good player, but he doesn't have much of an arm. Reed is going to have a much better career than Noel when it's all said and done imo.

Just as thoughtful as the comment I replied to. Noel has plenty of arm and great wheels to go along with it. Also a winner with a lot of leadership skills for a freshman.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 20th, 2014, 02:00 PM
Nobody's disputing Cooper Kupp as Freshman of the Year... and no wonder. Great kid, great player.

Franks Tanks
January 20th, 2014, 09:33 PM
Just as thoughtful as the comment I replied to. Noel has plenty of arm and great wheels to go along with it. Also a winner with a lot of leadership skills for a freshman.

Not really a freshman since he graduated from high school in 2012, but that is the criteria used. He is a good player, but he does not have plenty of arm. He only completed 51% of his passes for 2,200 yards in 13 games, and had several games with less than 100 yards passing. He can certainly make plays with his legs, but his arm is average at best for a FCS QB.

Bogus Megapardus
January 20th, 2014, 10:00 PM
Not really a freshman since he graduated from high school in 2012, but that is the criteria used. He is a good player, but he does not have plenty of arm. He only completed 51% of his passes for 2,200 yards in 13 games, and had several games with less than 100 yards passing. He can certainly make plays with his legs, but his arm is average at best for a FCS QB.

They go head to head next season, if I'm not mistaken. But having seen both of them play, I'd take Reed. Reed dissected Fordham like a surgeon. Noel? Not so much.

Pard4Life
January 21st, 2014, 07:47 PM
They go head to head next season, if I'm not mistaken. But having seen both of them play, I'd take Reed. Reed dissected Fordham like a surgeon. Noel? Not so much.

That Fordham game does not count because QB Nebrich did not play, and since he plays defense, Fordham was not their usual self.