PDA

View Full Version : University of San Diego- IMHO

SDFan
October 16th, 2006, 12:32 PM
When Coach Harbaugh said that the Toreros could beat half the teams in 1AA top 25 they were unranked if i remember correctly. Last week they were ranked at 20th depending on the poll you believe. Heck he could be refering to mathematical polls where the Toreros are ranked 8th in 1-aa at one time. Regardless, half of the 25 teams would be 12 or 13 to be generous. The toreros are ranked now at 20th, which means they have displace 6 teams from their original non-ranking. Now, are you saying that you don't believe the Toreros could beat the 7 teams in front of them. That's a matter of individual belief. But, let's be honest, as they say, it's Any Given Saturday. There is a reason the game is played. While i whole heartedly believe that San Diego can compete with success at the 1-AA Scholarship level, i acknowledge that some disagree, and that's okay.

Additionally, for those of you who don't realize how scheduling happens, in other words a lot of you. It's not easy to begin with for a PFL team to change their schedule. To begin with, PFL teams now have 7 conference games that they HAVE TO PLAY.

This is more general: College, and high school teams for that matter, sign contracts with other teams. Those contracts can last indefinately, or forever. They are typically 3-6 years in length. They cannot be broken unless by mutuality. So, USD along with the majority of colleges have their schedules nearly locked for the next 3 years, with usually just 1 or 2 games changing a year depending on their conference and openings.

Regarding Josh Johnson as the best Junior Quarterback in College. Please tell me who you think is better. Yes, I'm defending Harbaugh on this. Even casual observers of the game who have seen him play are blown away. I have yet to meet someone who has seen him play in person who doesn't believe that he is unimaginably talented. It is from HARD WORK. Something that the 1-AA programs are great in.

Commenting on Running up the score, the only thing i will say is that how do you tell kids that they don't deserve to score as well? What's that teaching young men? Because you're second or third or fifth string you can't succeed. Heck, we may as well just relegate them to second class players. Why don't we only let them wear half the equipment?

I'm not just defending coaches on that, but more questioning people who attack coaches who coach their teams to high scoring games. It's a game and consequently people should be prepared to be destroyed or destroy.

To challenge San Diego State as well is actually quite reasonable. It would be an exciting thing that people around San Diego were talking about before Coach Harbaugh brought it up. If USD was made scholarship there would be no question in my mind that they could compete with a lot of 1-A teams, as most 1AA can. Either way, they should get a shot.

But all the credit can't go to just the coaches, who are great including 4 with NFL experience. The kids love this game. The toreros love playing, and yes they love winning. That's what impresses me most about this program. The guys work hard and they love to play football. Regardless of the score, that makes them champions.

I'm here for rational talking, not just tooting the horn.

Edit: I'm not sure if it has been mentioned here, but if the Toreros did make the playoffs they would become inelligble for the NEC game. Additionally the game against UC Davis would be cancelled because it is in their contract.

Mountaineer
October 16th, 2006, 12:41 PM
:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

Please, for the love of God, make it stop!!

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

ToreroTime
October 16th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Very well said! If we keep this up half the board will be USD fans soon and then all the topics can be about us!

UNHWildCats
October 16th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Very well said! If we keep this up half the board will be USD fans soon and then all the topics can be about us!

Then we would have to take up a petition to the NCAA to demote u to Div III xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx :nonono2: xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx

USDFAN_55
October 16th, 2006, 12:47 PM

HAHAHAH.... that made me laugh. Good use of sarcasm.xlolx

Death Dealer
October 16th, 2006, 12:49 PM

Thanks to alot of USD posters, most of them already are!xlolx Its enough to make you want to :asswhip: somebody.

SDFan
October 16th, 2006, 12:52 PM
All I was doing and am is trying to stop so much bashing. I mean heck we could nitpick all day over Yale's comments about USD, which I don't seem to remember hapening while I was lurking. Heck why don't we?

I'm just trying to point out the mistakes/my opinion on a great number of topics.

cosmo here
October 16th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Regarding Josh Johnson as the best Junior Quarterback in College. Please tell me who you think is better. Yes, I'm defending Harbaugh on this. Even casual observers of the game who have seen him play are blown away. I have yet to meet someone who has seen him play in person who doesn't believe that he is unimaginably talented. It is from HARD WORK. Something that the 1-AA programs are great in.

Ricky Santos, New Hampshire :read: xcoffeex

birdsflyhigh
October 16th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Illinois State's Junior QB Luke Drone is looking pretty darn good, and he's going against top-notch I-AA defenses as opposed to the USD QB that going against Z teams. It's amazing how good you can look at weak-sister competition. JMHO :cool:

bandl
October 16th, 2006, 01:35 PM
HOLY CRAP! WILL YOU USD FOLK PLEASE GIVE IT A REST?!?!?!

USD posters, the west coast equivalent of UMass posters

89Hen
October 16th, 2006, 01:56 PM
When Coach Harbaugh said that the Toreros could beat half the teams in 1AA top 25 they were unranked if i remember correctly.
Incorrect. "Looking at our team, I think we could beat at least half of the teams ranked ahead of us (in the I-AA polls)," said Harbaugh. 10/11/06

Additionally, for those of you who don't realize how scheduling happens, in other words a lot of you. It's not easy to begin with for a PFL team to change their schedule. To begin with, PFL teams now have 7 conference games that they HAVE TO PLAY.
Other conferences have to play 8. I have still yet to see a future opponnents schedule for USD leading me to believe they don't have many future OOC opponents. As for how hard it is for PFL teams to get games against playoff caliber teams... bull. Ask Drake how they managed to get UNI, ISU, MSU, WIU... on their schedule. Or how Morehead got WIU, AppSt, CCU... are we to belive that USD can't get OOC games or that they're so booked with Azusa and Dixie that they don't have room? :rolleyes:

This is more general: College, and high school teams for that matter, sign contracts with other teams. Those contracts can last indefinately, or forever. They are typically 3-6 years in length. They cannot be broken unless by mutuality.
You mean like the contract USD has to play UC Davis on the week the playoffs start? :confused:

Regarding Josh Johnson as the best Junior Quarterback in College. Please tell me who you think is better. Yes, I'm defending Harbaugh on this. Even casual observers of the game who have seen him play are blown away.
“He is the best junior quarterback in the country in my opinion,” said Harbaugh. “I think he is better than a number of NFL quarterbacks right now.”

Besides, I believe Ricky Santos to be the best Junior QB in the nation. Throw in Liam Coen, Luke Drone, Eric Sanders, Tom Zetts...

Dane96
October 16th, 2006, 01:59 PM
When Coach Harbaugh said that the Toreros could beat half the teams in 1AA top 25 they were unranked if i remember correctly. Last week they were ranked at 20th depending on the poll you believe. Heck he could be refering to mathematical polls where the Toreros are ranked 8th in 1-aa at one time. Regardless, half of the 25 teams would be 12 or 13 to be generous. The toreros are ranked now at 20th, which means they have displace 6 teams from their original non-ranking. Now, are you saying that you don't believe the Toreros could beat the 7 teams in front of them. That's a matter of individual belief. But, let's be honest, as they say, it's Any Given Saturday. There is a reason the game is played. While i whole heartedly believe that San Diego can compete with success at the 1-AA Scholarship level, i acknowledge that some disagree, and that's okay.

This is more general: College, and high school teams for that matter, sign contracts with other teams. Those contracts can last indefinately, or forever. They are typically 3-6 years in length. They cannot be broken unless by mutuality. So, USD along with the majority of colleges have their schedules nearly locked for the next 3 years, with usually just 1 or 2 games changing a year depending on their conference and openings.

Commenting on Running up the score, the only thing i will say is that how do you tell kids that they don't deserve to score as well? What's that teaching young men? Because you're second or third or fifth string you can't succeed. Heck, we may as well just relegate them to second class players. Why don't we only let them wear half the equipment?

I'm not just defending coaches on that, but more questioning people who attack coaches who coach their teams to high scoring games. It's a game and consequently people should be prepared to be destroyed or destroy.

To challenge San Diego State as well is actually quite reasonable. It would be an exciting thing that people around San Diego were talking about before Coach Harbaugh brought it up. If USD was made scholarship there would be no question in my mind that they could compete with a lot of 1-A teams, as most 1AA can. Either way, they should get a shot.

But all the credit can't go to just the coaches, who are great including 4 with NFL experience. The kids love this game. The toreros love playing, and yes they love winning. That's what impresses me most about this program. The guys work hard and they love to play football. Regardless of the score, that makes them champions.

Edit: I'm not sure if it has been mentioned here, but if the Toreros did make the playoffs they would become inelligble for the NEC game. Additionally the game against UC Davis would be cancelled because it is in their contract.

Nothing here but babbling stupidity. First, scheduling IS NOT DIFFICULT FOR SAN DIEGO...people have no problem playing a team where they can recruit...plus it is a good trip for the kids. Second, as a contracts attorney I can say this: ALL CONTRACTS ARE MADE TO BE BROKEN. Contracts simply state terms of the deal and what happens if the terms are not met. If the terms do not state consequence...then suits occur.

Furthermore, and this escapes the brains of certain USD fans, YOUR COMMISH IS NOT LETTING YOU PLAY...PERIOD. As of now that is. She will NOT change her mind because her credibility would be shot.

Finally, as for getting out of the NEC game, YOU CANT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS BEFORE CHOOSING TO DROP THE GC. The GC is BEFORE THE PLAYOFFS....you must break the GC contract PRIOR to knowing if you will or will not make the playoffs. Right Ralph?!?! ;)

As for the Davis game....I highly doubt that USD has a rider in the contract about playoff eligibility as a reason to break the game. Why do I know this? Because it would be circumventing Patty V.'s ability to negotiate with the NEC in a manner which is fair, just, and in good faith (meaning if she had the idea that USD had this in the contract and STILL negotiated the GC with the NEC...she would be in a serious bad faith breach of contract situation and the PFL schools would have lots of 'splainin to do...both financially and to the public.
IT IS YOU WHO KNOWS LITTLE OF SCHEDULING...not the majority of this knowledgeable board.

Wait...how many USD posts is this?:mad:

MiamiTorero
October 16th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Make it to the Gridiron Classic(which you might not do) and u'll see what USD is made of..

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2006, 02:23 PM
So will you guys still be here if you lose to Albany and UC-Davis?

BigApp
October 16th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Oh BOY!!!!!!! ANOTHER San Diego Thread!

I'm bringing home my baby bumblebee
Won't my mommy be so proud of me
'Cause I'm bringing home my baby bumblebee

: retard : : retard : : retard : : retard : : retard :

AppGuy04
October 16th, 2006, 02:30 PM
MAKE IT STOP!!!!

GOTOREROS
October 16th, 2006, 02:32 PM
USD has already talked to UC Davis and gotten an OK to either play them later on December 2nd, or make it up later. The UCD AD has told USD that if a longshot bid were to become available to USD he would understand USD dropping the game. However, I think USD would need to pay to get out of the game - so it wouldn't be without penalty.

So USD can get out of both the Gridiron CLassic and UCD game IF they needed too....which I agree is alongshot to the playoffs. I will keep saying novina's for our chances wach week at mass...

GOTOREROS

GOTOREROS
October 16th, 2006, 02:34 PM
So will you guys still be here if you lose to Albany and UC-Davis?

I'll be here IF we lose - it's not as if my life revolved around USD wining EVERY game. The sun will come up and I will surely take the beating you all offer IF San Diego loses...but I feel good about our chances....we shal see. My question is what happens if we beat the NEC champ and UC Davis. Will you then get off your high horse and acknowledge San Diego as a contender in I-AA football?

GOTOREROS

SochorField
October 16th, 2006, 03:25 PM
“He is the best junior quarterback in the country in my opinion,” said Harbaugh. “I think he is better than a number of NFL quarterbacks right now.”

: retard :

SDFan
October 16th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Incorrect. "Looking at our team, I think we could beat at least half of the teams ranked ahead of us (in the I-AA polls)," said Harbaugh. 10/11/06

Hen, could you provide the link to where it state that he said that on the 11th?

89Hen
October 16th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Hen, could you provide the link to where it state that he said that on the 11th?
http://www.i-aa.org/section_front.asp?arttypeid=740

Dane96
October 16th, 2006, 09:17 PM
USD has already talked to UC Davis and gotten an OK to either play them later on December 2nd, or make it up later. The UCD AD has told USD that if a longshot bid were to become available to USD he would understand USD dropping the game. However, I think USD would need to pay to get out of the game - so it wouldn't be without penalty.

So USD can get out of both the Gridiron CLassic and UCD game IF they needed too....which I agree is alongshot to the playoffs. I will keep saying novina's for our chances wach week at mass...

GOTOREROS

Ok...for the umpteenth time for people WHO SPEAK WITHOUT KNOWING DETAILS. When the NEC was thought to have an outside chance at the playoffs, PATTY V, your commish, was asked by Ralph on IAA waves...could the NEC break the deal.

Now while Patty's answer was wrong (of course the NEC or the PFL can break the legal contract), she took a stance ADAMENTLY AGAINST EITHER LEAGUE BREAKING THE CONTRACT.

USD may want to break the deal, but PATTY V would lose all credibility she has built (and it is considerable) if she broke the deal with the NEC.

Is that enough of an explanation?!?!

As for Albany making the GC...we just might not. Heck, we might make it and get stomped by USD (if you rep the PFL). However, at least we have gone out there and, to this point, have scheduled and lost to, winning a few, higher level I-AA teams.

Problem is...we know nothing of what USD is capable of, outside of YALE!

Torero Fan
October 16th, 2006, 10:03 PM
However, at least we have gone out there and, to this point, have scheduled and lost to, winning a few, higher level I-AA teams.

Problem is...we know nothing of what USD is capable of, outside of YALE!

Dane, while I don't disagree with your comments about Patty or USD's chances at the playoffs, I'm a little confused by your continued suggestions that Albany's schedule this year is so much tougher than USD's. Yes, Delaware was #11 at the beginning of the season when you beat them. Where are they ranked now? It's a down year for Delaware and they obviously were ranked too high at the time, given their current 3-3 record. Who else did you play AND LOSE TO? Cornell, the same Cornell that YALE BEAT 21-7? Central Connecticut, the same team that now has lost 2 including a game to Robert Morris, who, in turn, LOST TO THE VERY WORST TEAM IN THE PFL THIS YEAR, the vaunted Dayton Flyers? Do you really think the NEC is so much tougher than the PFL? And as for trashing the Yale win, is that the same Yale that hasn't lost a game since their opener, beating two PL and two Ivy League teams in the process? Bottom line, USD went into the Yale Bowl and absolutely dismantled the Eli despite the fact that it was the Yale Bowl "Reopening" and a big game atmosphere. I don't know Albany football history, but has your team EVER beat a top half Ivy League team, let alone destroy them in their own house? Also, and assuming everyone's right, and we don't make the playoffs (I agree with everyone, little chance in hell it's gonna happen), Harbaugh and our AD also had the sack to schedule the Aggies AFTER the Gridiron Classic. Davis' team is better than any team on your schedule this year. So is Yale. Yes, we have some cupcakes on our schedule, but you do too. I don't mind it when guys from Montana, App. State or any other great team with something to talk about trashes our schedule, but ALBANY? Please.

Dane96
October 16th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Torero fan...do some research and come back to me about Albany's schedule.

No, since it is apparent you dont do research let me help you: First, as for this season...I think others can say...the NEC, and Albany as a member, has made some strides.

Now let us talk about scheduling:

at UMASS (ranked) LOSS
Fordham (twice home, once away), Win/LOSS/LOSS
at ranked Hofstra (twice away, once home), LOSSES
Brown (home and away), LOSSES
at #1 Montana, LOSS
at ranked Northeastern (twice), LOSES
at Maine, LOSS
at Lehigh (twice, ranked one time), WIN/LOSS
at Delaware (ranked), WIN
Towson (home and away), WIN/LOSS
at FIU, LOSS
at FAU, LOSS
at Cornell, LOSS
#21 Duquense (Home) a championship game.....
.....shall I continue?
Heck we even scheduled Drake when they were nasty....at DRAKE!

Now, let's get this straight. We have been I-AA for 7 years and managed to put together 22 top games against higher level teams (excluding Drake) out of a possible 74 games, yet you have played I-AA football since 1993...and managed to play HOW MANY HIGHER LEVEL TEAMS? That's a rhetorical question.

NO QUESTION...ALBANY HAS OUTSCHEDULED USD...taking SOME SERIOUS LUMPS ALONG THE WAY.

But to answer your question, no we have not beaten an IVY.

Again, this has nothing to do with Albany...we arent saying we are better than you...none of us have.

YOU USD FANS ARE COMPLETELY INSANE! Check that...some of you are.

I think Albany's accomplishments are pretty well respected on this board. Maybe it is because we let our scheduling and play do the talking?!

GOTOREROS
October 16th, 2006, 10:36 PM
Albany-

USD itself is not contractually obligated to play in the Gridiron Classic. They have already communicated with the NEC and Patty V. about the option if they are likely to be selected. If USD opted out, the second place team would take its place. Nowhere is there a penalty clause in the Gridiron Classic agreement.

It is a very longshot that USD will make the playoffs, but there is a way they can do it if they were selected...yeah, its a longshot but in life you always need to plan just in case....

GOTOREROS

Dane96
October 16th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Good g-d...now your teaching law...to a LAWYER?

Yes, USD is contractually obligated to play in the GC because they are a member of the PFL. The PFL membership, via a vote of agents of the schools (Presidents and/or AD's) approved the signing of the contract between the PFL and the NEC, hence becoming parties to the contract.

Furthermore, your own words contradict your point; if USD is not a party to the contract they dont have to ask permission of ANYONE to back out.

USD has a pretty decent law school. Go ask a contracts law professor...then come back here and eat some of that crow.

Patty V....has a different view than you guys. Might want to call her.

Better yet, RALPH...get her back on the show and ask her to comment on the commentary made by GOTORERO. It is clear that GT has some inside info into what has transpired between Patty V and the AD at USD, the NEC schools, and the NEC Presidents, along with the Commish of the NEC.

rmutv
October 16th, 2006, 11:16 PM
I also find it laughable that this guy is calling Dayton the "very worst" team in the PFL when Morehead State sits at 1-6. You know who Morehead State lost to? Missouri-Rolla, a D-II team. Newberry College, a D-II team. Dayton at least has only lost to conference games, where anything can happen, including that loss to Morehead State that this guy must be basing EVERYTHING off of.

Any team that wins the conference is contractually obligated according to the heads of the NEC and PFL. The next two seasons are guaranteed events, beyond that is up in the air.

rmutv
October 16th, 2006, 11:18 PM
Oh, and all but one post by this guy has been a pimp fest for his beloved Toreros.

USDFAN_55
October 16th, 2006, 11:19 PM
Isn't this a moot point? San Diego has a 1,000,000:1 shot at the playoffs, and that is being generous. I look forward to the chance for USD to play the champ of the NEC.... that is if USD gets past Drake this weekend. You can never look past your next opponent.... that can be a very big mistake.

SDFan
October 16th, 2006, 11:22 PM
http://www.i-aa.org/section_front.asp?arttypeid=740

I hate saying this. http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/usd/20061008-9999-1s8usdfoot.html

October8th, first date of publish that I know of. So, he might have said it up to a week before that.

GOTOREROS
October 16th, 2006, 11:23 PM
Good g-d...now your teaching law...to a LAWYER?

Yes, USD is contractually obligated to play in the GC because they are a member of the PFL. The PFL membership, via a vote of agents of the schools (Presidents and/or AD's) approved the signing of the contract between the PFL and the NEC, hence becoming parties to the contract.

Furthermore, your own words contradict your point; if USD is not a party to the contract they dont have to ask permission of ANYONE to back out.

USD has a pretty decent law school. Go ask a contracts law professor...then come back here and eat some of that crow.

Patty V....has a different view than you guys. Might want to call her.

Better yet, RALPH...get her back on the show and ask her to comment on the commentary made by GOTORERO. It is clear that GT has some inside info into what has transpired between Patty V and the AD at USD, the NEC schools, and the NEC Presidents, along with the Commish of the NEC.

LOL - go ahead and call Ms. Viverito - in fact here is a link to an news article that the USD AD says he has already been in talks with NEC and UC Davis about the need to reschedule if necessary. You can send it to her if you want....it confirms she has already talked with the USD AD.

http://www.voiceofsandiego.org/articles/2006/10/10/opinion/01shanbaugh.txt

"We're in communication with all the athletic directors and conference commissioners involved," USD athletic director Ky Snyder said. "It's a little early, and we have to see how this all plays out, so I don't want to jinx us. But we believe there are enough options available."

It has been discussed and if you read the article basically the other schools have said if USD gets a bid they will let USD re-arrange in order to play in the playoffs. So go ahead and talk to Patty Viverito, as you can see it already is being discussed and worked on.

"Everybody has said, 'If you get in, you're going to play.' "Snyder said."That's the way I would feel about it if another school were in this situation with us.

So, smartass errrrr.....I mean Mr. Lawyer get the real info before you pop off about something you have no idea about...no wonder people hate lawyers...:rolleyes: Each has said that IF USD gets in that they are OK with USD not participating in the GIC

GOTOREROS

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2006, 11:23 PM
Wish I could see you guys in person at Drake, unforunately I will be in Youngstown,OH for one of the best games in I-AA this year.

USDFAN_55
October 16th, 2006, 11:24 PM
Wish I could see you guys in person at Drake, unforunately I will be in Youngstown,OH for one of the best games in I-AA this year.

Good luck this weekend. That is going to be one heck of a game.

SDFan
October 16th, 2006, 11:27 PM
Oh, and all but one post by this guy has been a pimp fest for his beloved Toreros.

Was that directed at me?

The whole point of this post was to say that not everyone has to call each other names. I mean, we're all civilized adults here, we can drop the name calling.

rmutv
October 16th, 2006, 11:30 PM
Was that directed at me?

The whole point of this post was to say that not everyone has to call each other names. I mean, we're all civilized adults here, we can drop the name calling.

Nope, that was directed at GoToreros

Dane96
October 16th, 2006, 11:31 PM
LOL - go ahead and call Ms. Viverito - in fact here is a link to an news article that the USD AD says he has already been in talks with NEC and UC Davis about the need to reschedule if necessary. You can send it to her if you want....it confirms she has already talked with the USD AD.

"We're in communication with all the athletic directors and conference commissioners involved," USD athletic director Ky Snyder said. "It's a little early, and we have to see how this all plays out, so I don't want to jinx us. But we believe there are enough options available."

It has been discussed and if you read the article basically the other schools have said if USD gets a bid they will let USD re-arrange in order to play in the playoffs. So go ahead and talk to Patty Viverito, as you can see it already is being discussed and worked on.

"Everybody has said, 'If you get in, you're going to play.' "Snyder said."That's the way I would feel about it if another school were in this situation with us.

So, smartass errrrr.....I mean Mr. Lawyer get the real info before you pop off about something you have no idea about...no wonder people hate lawyers...:rolleyes: Each has said that IF USD gets in that they are OK with USD not participating in the GIC

GOTOREROS

Oh good lord. RALPH...can we enlighten these people. THESE SAME COMMENTS WERE MADE BY THE NEC SCHOOLS....and then were shot down by Patty V, not nary a few days later.

All bull**** aside, I think if USD got a bid THEY SHOULD PLAY. I made the same argument a few weeks back with Ralph regarding the NEC teams. I also think the NEC Presidents (I know Monmouth, CCSU, Stony Brook, and Albany would all agree) would allow you out.

IT IS YOUR COMMISH THAT HAS PUBLCIALLY MADE STATEMENTS AGAINST THE PROPOSITION. Did the reporter in this article call PATTY V and get a comment on your AD's quote. That, is called GOOD JOURNALISM. Instead, we have ONLY the comments of your AD to go on.

Again, the only public comments coming for your commish...have BEEN NO to the playoffs. Until then, hyperbole is just that.

Have PATTY V. come out and say something...then I will believe it. "we have been in communication" does not mean the NEC or PATTY V. has approved it.

Ralph, can we provide this guy the I-AA Waves link when Patty dismisses any such idea!!!

Thank you!!

SDFan
October 16th, 2006, 11:34 PM
Oh, well then, bash those who bash others! That was being serious.

Additionally, Patty seems to be handicapping the PFL really bad. But that's what you get when you get a league that for all intensive purposes doesn't have football as the number 1 sport at that school.

I know at USD it's gaining/beginning to surpass, but I hear differently from other schools.

GOTOREROS
October 16th, 2006, 11:51 PM
Oh good lord. RALPH...can we enlighten these people. THESE SAME COMMENTS WERE MADE BY THE NEC SCHOOLS....and then were shot down by Patty V, not nary a few days later.

All bull**** aside, I think if USD got a bid THEY SHOULD PLAY. I made the same argument a few weeks back with Ralph regarding the NEC teams. I also think the NEC Presidents (I know Monmouth, CCSU, Stony Brook, and Albany would all agree) would allow you out.

IT IS YOUR COMMISH THAT HAS PUBLCIALLY MADE STATEMENTS AGAINST THE PROPOSITION. Did the reporter in this article call PATTY V and get a comment on your AD's quote. That, is called GOOD JOURNALISM. Instead, we have ONLY the comments of your AD to go on.

Again, the only public comments coming for your commish...have BEEN NO to the playoffs. Until then, hyperbole is just that.

Have PATTY V. come out and say something...then I will believe it. "we have been in communication" does not mean the NEC or PATTY V. has approved it.

Ralph, can we provide this guy the I-AA Waves link when Patty dismisses any such idea!!!

Thank you!!

This article is from 10-10-06 and the USD AD is directly quoted he has spoken with all parties (NEC AD's, both commishes, UC Davis etc.) and that "EVERYBODY" has said if USD gets a playoff bid that's where they will be 11/25, what is the date that you have Patty V. saying that USD will be required to play in the GIC? I looked up the I-AA Waves and the only mention is a 9-26 interview which is way before the USD AD called and spoke to the parties invloved. So, yeah she very well may have stated on 9-26 that USD or whoever would be playing in the GIC. But things have changed since then and obviously, "EVERYONE" has talked since then. I have direct quotes confirming my info from 10-10-06, what do you have? I would love to see something from after 10-10-06. Are you saying Patty V. is calling the USD AD a liar? He was quoted in open media, where are her quotes AFTER 9-26-06? If I am wrong I will eat SERIOUS crow, but at least I have documentation of what I am talking about. As a lawyer, don't you have ANY evidence or just "hearsay". If she is saying something other than what "EVERYONE" agreed to I would love to get her quotes to our AD so he can take action ASAP.

Again, ""Everybody has said, 'If you get in, you're going to play.' "Snyder said."That's the way I would feel about it if another school were in this situation with us."

GOTOREROS

Dane96
October 16th, 2006, 11:59 PM
Again, Patty V. has not come out to corroborate your A.D.'s statements. Until she does, we will have to go by what she has said.

Hey, I am not against USD opting out of the contract if they were to get a bid...heck...I would be the first person to say YES (if my vote counted), however THE OFFICAL WORD OUT OF THE PFL...has been no.

Listen to the 9-26 interview (if that is the day it was on) and get your AD to have Patty come out and declare that to be her "former opinion."

GOTOREROS
October 17th, 2006, 12:00 AM
I also find it laughable that this guy is calling Dayton the "very worst" team in the PFL when Morehead State sits at 1-6. You know who Morehead State lost to? Missouri-Rolla, a D-II team. Newberry College, a D-II team. Dayton at least has only lost to conference games, where anything can happen, including that loss to Morehead State that this guy must be basing EVERYTHING off of.

Any team that wins the conference is contractually obligated according to the heads of the NEC and PFL. The next two seasons are guaranteed events, beyond that is up in the air.

RMUtv-

At least you could quote me accurately - this is what I said about Dayton:

"You lost to Dayton which might be one the weakest teams in the PFL 21-14".

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?p=306859#post306859

One of the weakest teams, not the worst. BIG DIFFERENCE. If you are going to quote people the least you could do is be accurate, otherwise it looks like you simply have your own agenda and twist other people's words. I suggest you read my post where I actually have documentation (published newspaper article)that IF USD gets a playoff bid they will not play in the GIC. What do you have other than you twisted opinion?

GOTOREROS

PantherRob82
October 17th, 2006, 12:04 AM
"Ranked in The Sporting News Top 25 midmajor poll for the first time"

WTF? You guys are always in the mid major poll. Is he reffering to the I-AA poll as mid major?

PantherRob82
October 17th, 2006, 12:06 AM
“I can't imagine that half of those other teams in the Top 25 are better than we are,” Harbaugh said. “Hopefully we just keep playing, keep winning, keep opening eyes and keep getting better. We've just got to keep the hammer down.”

What is Jim thinking here?:

A: Talking like this will motivate my team to play at a higher level.
B: I should make my players heads and egos bigger.
C: He wasn't thinking.
D: We seriously are that good.

USDFAN_55
October 17th, 2006, 12:08 AM
“I can't imagine that half of those other teams in the Top 25 are better than we are,” Harbaugh said. “Hopefully we just keep playing, keep winning, keep opening eyes and keep getting better. We've just got to keep the hammer down.”

What is Jim thinking here?:

A: Talking like this will motivate my team to play at a higher level.
B: I should make my players heads and egos bigger.
C: He wasn't thinking.
D: We seriously are that good.
Maybe a little of everything. I have no clue..... but he does know what a good I-AA teams is having been around the 2002 Western Kentucky Championship team.

GOTOREROS
October 17th, 2006, 12:10 AM
Again, Patty V. has not come out to corroborate your A.D.'s statements. Until she does, we will have to go by what she has said.

Hey, I am not against USD opting out of the contract if they were to get a bid...heck...I would be the first person to say YES (if my vote counted), however THE OFFICAL WORD OUT OF THE PFL...has been no.

Listen to the 9-26 interview (if that is the day it was on) and get your AD to have Patty come out and declare that to be her "former opinion."

Are you in complete denial? I have a published article where the USD AD states he has spoken to all the parties invovled and that "EVERYONE" has agreed if USD gets a bid that's where they will play. Are you calling the USD AD a liar? Patty V. may very well have stated on 9-26-06 that the PFL Champ would play the NEC Champ, but things have changed since then. USD is ranked and there is a chance, although it is A LONGSHOT to be nice, USD could make the playoffs.

I am not going to hold my breath for USD to make the playoffs - in fact PERSONALLY it is my hope we get to the GIC as that would be awesome. But, if hell froze over and USD got a bid it seems to have been worked out that USD would forgo the GIC and play in the I-AA playoffs. I am sorry that Patty V., the USD AD, and those in the NEC have not contacted you to keep you updated - maybe you should contact your school and ask the AD to put something up on your website or communicate with his fans like ours does.

However, "on the record" Ky Snyder has stated that it has been worked out should USD make the post-season. If you want to openly call out the USD AD that he is making up everything in the article I feel bad for you...if you have documented evidence from Patty V. since 10-10-06 stating that the USD AD is wrong, again I would love to see it so I can inform our AD of her actions. If I am wrong I am wrong, but it appears I am the one who has the most recent info....

GOTOREROS

Torero Fan
October 17th, 2006, 12:10 AM
Well maybe you're both right. It seems to me that USD isn't long for the PFL anyways, and perhaps our AD has taken a stance or at least signaled his willingness to do so. I bet he would rather keep Harbaugh happy than worry about appeasing the commish. Dane is right in alot of respects about the two conferences. The NEC is way ahead of the PFL in taking the next step by starting to offer scholarships and scheduling tougher I-AA opponents. As a result, and with Drake and USD being the exceptions this year, any disparity between the conferences is bound to increase. If USD continues to build its program, it looks like the PFL will be in the rearview mirror before long. The Great West seems like a natural fit, but maybe we could join the NEC instead and hang out and drink coffee with Dane and RMU while watching football in the snow and rain. xcoffeex . So, can't we all just get along? :thumbsup:

Dane96
October 17th, 2006, 12:15 AM
Are you in complete denial? I have a published article where the USD AD states he has spoken to all the parties invovled and that "EVERYONE" has agreed if USD gets a bid that's where they will play. Are you calling the USD AD a liar? Patty V. may very well have stated on 9-26-06 that the PFL Champ would play the NEC Champ, but things have changed since then. USD is ranked and there is a chance, although it is A LONGSHOT to be nice, USD could make the playoffs.

I am not going to hold my breath for USD to make the playoffs - in fact PERSONALLY it is my hope we get to the GIC as that would be awesome. But, if hell froze over and USD got a bid it seems to have been worked out that USD would forgo the GIC and play in the I-AA playoffs. I am sorry that Patty V., the USD AD, and those in the NEC have not contacted you to keep you updated - maybe you should contact your school and ask the AD to put something up on your website or communicate with his fans like ours does.

However, "on the record" Ky Snyder has stated that it has been worked out should USD make the post-season. If you want to openly call out the USD AD that he is making up everything in the article I feel bad for you...if you have documented evidence from Patty V. since 10-10-06 stating that the USD AD is wrong, again I would love to see it so I can inform our AD of her actions. If I am wrong I am wrong, but it appears I am the one who has the most recent info....

GOTOREROS

The NEC coaches said the same thing and stated they had "talked to the parties involved." PATTY V. stated otherwise. What has changed? USD IS RANKED...so what...the NEC had a ranked school (and one right on the outside) when Patty made her comments. Does the difference come because USD is a PFL school and it is a school Patty represents. Dont you find that rather hypocritical?

I am not calling your AD a liar, however I AM SAYING THERE IS A DISCONNECT TO THE PROCLAMATION OF THE PFL OFFICES and USD, along with the previous statements made by NEC officials in the past (which are similar to USD statements).

So, if Patty V. was opposed to the NEC schools breaking the deal...then why has she changed her mind...even better...why hasnt she come out and made such a statement.

Please listen to the interview before you comment futher.

GOTOREROS
October 17th, 2006, 12:17 AM
Well maybe you're both right. It seems to me that USD isn't long for the PFL anyways, and perhaps our AD has taken a stance or at least signaled his willingness to do so. I bet he would rather keep Harbaugh happy than worry about appeasing the commish. Dane is right in alot of respects about the two conferences. The NEC is way ahead of the PFL in taking the next step by starting to offer scholarships and scheduling tougher I-AA opponents. As a result, and with Drake and USD being the exceptions this year, any disparity between the conferences is bound to increase. If USD continues to build its program, it looks like the PFL will be in the rearview mirror before long. The Great West seems like a natural fit, but maybe we could join the NEC instead and hang out and drink coffee with Dane and RMU while watching football in the snow and rain. xcoffeex . So, can't we all just get along? :thumbsup:

I will agree that should the NEC continue to add scholarships the PFL would likely be behind them in talent and making the post-season. Again, I can only go by the most recent evidence which supports my info of USD potentially participating in the playoffs...

GOTOREROS

Torero Tradition
October 17th, 2006, 12:18 AM
Isn't Patty the Commish for another conference? I also agree... the NEC is ahead of the PFL.... way ahead, but with USD being an exception.

Dane96
October 17th, 2006, 12:24 AM

I think we can all get along if some USD fans showed the same humility (like you have in this post) as the NEC fans have. We didnt bitch and moan about non-inclusion until we scheduled teams that are "playoff caliber"...and not just one team...many teams. This year we started to moan.

Other than that, the only moaning we did was on behalf of all conferences excluded from autobids...simply asking for criteria for inclusion to the playfofs. THAT criteria, was laid out this year with the minimum $$ or minimum equiv. rule.

The NEC schools, jusl like the PFL, IVY, SWAC, etc. know what it takes to make the playoffs now. The only difference between the PFL and the NEC isnt a top to bottom "our conference is stronger than yours" mantra, rather we have taken the steps to move forward in our quest for an at-large or possible auto-bid inclusion into the playoffs.

It is pretty simple.

BY THE WAY...who drinks coffee in the cold/snow/rain at a football game? You need to finish the booze before you get the chocolate or coffee at my tailgates, unless it drops below 20 degrees...then you can do whatever you want...because you have some love for football to sit out on a cold-windy day in the Northeast, Mid-West, or in Big Sky Country on a day like that.

Dane96
October 17th, 2006, 12:24 AM
Isn't Patty the Commish for another conference? I also agree... the NEC is ahead of the PFL.... way ahead, but with USD being an exception.

Yes, the Gateway...sense a conflict here?

Torero Tradition
October 17th, 2006, 12:25 AM
I think we need Albany/USD to become a continual series...

Dane96
October 17th, 2006, 12:26 AM
Ford would have no problem scheduling that. We have had some CA players..and he would love to recruit out there. Soccer and hoops already come out to USD.

And I would get to party with my E.Coast transplants in S.D.

PantherRob82
October 17th, 2006, 12:28 AM
all of the sudden this thread is albany vs usd. possible GC game, but still a ways a way.

I think USD would be foolish to give up the GC and UC-D. Even if you guys are undefeated I'm not sure the selection committee would put you in. No smack, but it would suck to pull out of everything just to sit home.

GOTOREROS
October 17th, 2006, 12:32 AM
The NEC coaches said the same thing and stated they had "talked to the parties involved." PATTY V. stated otherwise. What has changed? USD IS RANKED...so what...the NEC had a ranked school (and one right on the outside) when Patty made her comments. Does the difference come because USD is a PFL school and it is a school Patty represents. Dont you find that rather hypocritical?

I am not calling your AD a liar, however I AM SAYING THERE IS A DISCONNECT TO THE PROCLAMATION OF THE PFL OFFICES and USD, along with the previous statements made by NEC officials in the past (which are similar to USD statements).

So, if Patty V. was opposed to the NEC schools breaking the deal...then why has she changed her mind...even better...why hasnt she come out and made such a statement.

Please listen to the interview before you comment futher.

I did listen to the interview - however like I said it appears there was a discussion AFTER that 9/26/06 interview in which the USD AD got "EVERYONE" to agree that if USD got a bid they would participate in the playoffs rather than the GIC. I, as would most people, go by the most up to date info. Our AD talked to the NEC, PFL, and UC Davis just prior to the 10-10-06 article, so unless he is lying then it appears I am correct and USD has the option if given to play in the playoffs should it become reality.

Dane96, I think you and I are really not that far away from agreeing on the "real" scenario. I really don't think USD is remotely close to getting a playoff bid. I think we deserve some consideration at this point but there are alot of games left and who knows what will happen? What is more likely is hopefully USD wins the PFL and we travel to the NEC to play the GIC. IF USD won the PFL I would be ECSTATIC - we have to beat Drake this weekened and that will be a very tough game for us, especially in Iowa.

All I am attempting to show is that it appears there has been further discussion that some of you may not have been aware of. Is it too much to ask that you take a step back and perhaps admit you might be wrong about the most recent discussions between USD and other parties? I apologize if I offended you - that is not my intention. Again, all I can say is that I have the most recent documented evidence of the behind the scenes discussions. In the end maybe it is all smoke and mirrors and simply good reading material by the USD AD. If it is, I am pissed he would make up something like this and would contact him to call him out myself.

Just because some have posted more times on this site does not make them always correct...

GOTOREROS

GOTOREROS
October 17th, 2006, 12:38 AM
all of the sudden this thread is albany vs usd. possible GC game, but still a ways a way.

I think USD would be foolish to give up the GC and UC-D. Even if you guys are undefeated I'm not sure the selection committee would put you in. No smack, but it would suck to pull out of everything just to sit home.

I think this is the "disconnect" in this thread. I actually agree with you and Dane96. At this point it is more realistic for USD to play in the GIC, then the I-AA playoffs. I am simply trying to state the facts as best I can about what would happen if hell froze over and USD got a bid. That is why I said "if hell froze over" because that is what it woudl take for us to get a bid.

I would be stoked to win the PFL and get to the GIC. That would mean a victory over Drake this week which would be HUGE, as it is tough place to play. I also wan to play Davis and see where we really fit in I-AA. I also agree that after that game people can make a decision on what type of team USD is.

Basically, I simply would like people to see that it is possible for USD to talk about the playoffs. We may not get the bid but its not like we are ranked #40 and have no leg to stand on. Yes, being ranked does not mean getting a bid but at least it is part of it. Who knows maybe we lose a bunch of games in the next few weeks and its all moot anyway...

GOTOREROS

Dane96
October 17th, 2006, 12:39 AM

Huh? We were talking about on OOC game (at least I thought we were) with USD-Albany on the plate.

Albany in the GC? We need a miracle right now because SBU has a two game up on us by virtue of a tie-breaker.

GOTOREROS
October 17th, 2006, 12:41 AM
Ford would have no problem scheduling that. We have had some CA players..and he would love to recruit out there. Soccer and hoops already come out to USD.

And I would get to party with my E.Coast transplants in S.D.

Dane96-

I too would like to play you guys. I think our schedule is weak - sadly, its the only schedule we have so we have to play it, but I would prefer to play you guys, Davis, Poly and others. I know we would lose some of those games but at least they would be more legit than Dixie St.

BTW, we beat you guys in soccer 4-0 this year which is like 68-7 in football terms.....sorry I coldn't resist. :D

GOTOREROS

PantherRob82
October 17th, 2006, 12:42 AM
Huh? We were talking about on OOC game (at least I thought we were) with USD-Albany on the plate.

Albany in the GC? We need a miracle right now because SBU has a two game up on us by virtue of a tie-breaker.

I guess I didn't know you guys were that far back in the NEC. Stopped paying attention once you guys and CCSU got a loss. Guess I should pay a bit more attention.

Dane96
October 17th, 2006, 12:43 AM
I did listen to the interview - however like I said it appears there was a discussion AFTER that 9/26/06 interview in which the USD AD got "EVERYONE" to agree that if USD got a bid they would participate in the playoffs rather than the GIC. I, as would most people, go by the most up to date info. Our AD talked to the NEC, PFL, and UC Davis just prior to the 10-10-06 article, so unless he is lying then it appears I am correct and USD has the option if given to play in the playoffs should it become reality.

Dane96, I think you and I are really not that far away from agreeing on the "real" scenario. I really don't think USD is remotely close to getting a playoff bid. I think we deserve some consideration at this point but there are alot of games left and who knows what will happen? What is more likely is hopefully USD wins the PFL and we travel to the NEC to play the GIC. IF USD won the PFL I would be ECSTATIC - we have to beat Drake this weekened and that will be a very tough game for us, especially in Iowa.

All I am attempting to show is that it appears there has been further discussion that some of you may not have been aware of. Is it too much to ask that you take a step back and perhaps admit you might be wrong about the most recent discussions between USD and other parties? I apologize if I offended you - that is not my intention. Again, all I can say is that I have the most recent documented evidence of the behind the scenes discussions. In the end maybe it is all smoke and mirrors and simply good reading material by the USD AD. If it is, I am pissed he would make up something like this and would contact him to call him out myself.

Just because some have posted more times on this site does not make them always correct...

GOTOREROS

You are right, we are closer than you think. You are missing one major point. The hypocrisy that would arise if Patty V allowed this to go through.

Behind closed doors...yeah, she probably has talked to the NEC commish and said "shoot, first it was you guys, now us, we never even thought this is possible. WHAT DO WE DO...would we each be willing to release one another?"

Now she hasnt stated that to the public, hence no Patty V. remark in that article, because she is hoping for the probable: USD DOES NOT GET AN INVITE...so she wont have to go back on her original statements and lose credibility.

That...is my simplistic point!

This has all been created by a too proud (and lack of foresight) Patty V. If she said "well, we will see what happens if the NEC or the PFL get an invite", I WOULD AGREE WITH EVERYTHING STATED SO FAR IN THAT ARTICLE.

We truly are on the same page, you and I, however the Patty V. commentary, until retracted, still holds water in my book. She is hoping for the weasle way out.

Look, IMHO, you guys should be long gone from an antiquated idea. NON-scholarship football is dead. The MAAC is dying a slow death. The PFL has the resources to go limited schooly like the NEC. If they cant do that for USD and the other proud programs...you should get the drive together and make the move.

Never say never.....I was recruited to UA with the idea of DI sports. We became DI 4 years AFTER I graduated....after being told it would never happen (once we stepped on campus).

YOU NEVER KNOW!!

PantherRob82
October 17th, 2006, 12:43 AM
I would be stoked to win the PFL and get to the GIC. That would mean a victory over Drake this week which would be HUGE, as it is tough place to play. I also wan to play Davis and see where we really fit in I-AA. I also agree that after that game people can make a decision on what type of team USD is.
GOTOREROS

It sucks that UC-D is the last game..even if you win and prove you belonged in the playoffs this year, it gets you nothing towards next year.

USDFAN_55
October 17th, 2006, 12:45 AM
It sucks that UC-D is the last game..even if you win and prove you belonged in the playoffs this year, it gets you nothing towards next year.
It's a good recruiting tool to have a victory like that, and maybe USD will gain a little more respect.

ToreroTime
October 17th, 2006, 12:45 AM
If I were the USD AD, my OOC would look something like this:
1 GWC Team: Cal Poly or UC Davis
1 Patriot League Team: Holy Cross (we played them in 2003-2004)
or 1 NEC Team: Albany, CCSU
1 Ivy League Team: Yale, Harvard (talk of a game in 2009)
1 Big Sky Team: PSU, Sac St., NAU
I think this would be the perfect OOC for our school as it would challenge us and let local teams play in San Diego also.

GOTOREROS
October 17th, 2006, 12:49 AM
You are right, we are closer than you think. You are missing one major point. The hypocrisy that would arise if Patty V allowed this to go through.

Behind closed doors...yeah, she probably has talked to the NEC commish and said "shoot, first it was you guys, now us, we never even thought this is possible. WHAT DO WE DO...would we each be willing to release one another?"

Now she hasnt stated that to the public, hence no Patty V. remark in that article, because she is hoping for the probable: USD DOES NOT GET AN INVITE...so she wont have to go back on her original statements and lose credibility.

That...is my simplistic point!

I agree. I really put the blame on the PFL AD's who should get rid of Patty V. She is in a complete conflict of interest with the Gateway and PFL! The PFL is bush league with not having its own commish...and that is why you are correct about Patty V most likely weasling her way around having to commit regarding the NEC or PFL in the post-season.

Also, I do respect the NEC in actuality. I wish we had a setup like you guys - you have taken more steps than us towards scholarship football. Sadly, you guys will probably vault quite a ways ahead of the PFL in top to bottom terms once you get it cranked up.

GOTOREROS

Dane96
October 17th, 2006, 12:49 AM
Dane96-

I too would like to play you guys. I think our schedule is weak - sadly, its the only schedule we have so we have to play it, but I would prefer to play you guys, Davis, Poly and others. I know we would lose some of those games but at least they would be more legit than Dixie St.

BTW, we beat you guys in soccer 4-0 this year which is like 68-7 in football terms.....sorry I coldn't resist. :D

GOTOREROS

Yeah...that was a tough loss. Though you guys are historically great, we played you much tighter (I believe 2-1) a few years ago. The team has pulled together since the 4 nill loss and will finish anywhere from 1-4th in a pretty decent (not as good as yours) league.

You also smoked us in hoop last year...before we turned it around and nearly knocked off UConn during March Madness.

Maybe the trend will continue...we potentially play you in the GC and then we come out next year and kick ass and get a playoff bid. :)

GOTOREROS
October 17th, 2006, 12:51 AM

Great point, one which I agree with. But, if we somehow pulled off an upset vs. UC Davis that would be good enough for me right now. I would hope that would at least make some here have respect for USD. But, I can understand that only with such a win would some give that respect. You need to earn it and I understand that...

GOTOREROS

GOTOREROS
October 17th, 2006, 12:54 AM
1 Patriot League Team: Holy Cross (we played them in 2003-2004)
or 1 NEC Team: Albany, CCSU
I think this would be the perfect OOC for our school as it would challenge us and let local teams play in San Diego also.

If that were our OOC schedule I would be STOKED. We would not win all those games but that's OK. It would be great to play those teams - I would actually rather be 2-2 with that schedule than 3-0 with our current OOC schedule....

GOTOREROS

Dane96
October 17th, 2006, 12:56 AM
THAT IS EXACTLY HOW THE DANES FELT WHEN SCHEDULING THIS YEAR (sorry for the caps lock).

**** part is, we went 2-2, beat the two we shouldnt have and lost to the two we should have beat.

That is called progress. being pissed off that you could have been 4-0 with a tougher schdule yet finished 2-2...something USD will no doubt feel soon as they start scheduling like that.

smallcollegefbfan
October 17th, 2006, 07:31 AM

I agree with you on the scoring thing. I think you should pull starters out when it gets to be out of hand but I believe those 2nd and 3rd string players should still try to score. Heck, the other team is still trying to score so, why not do it too.

I do think Harbaugh is crazy if he thinks they can challenge top 8 teams right now but once you guys offer the limit of scholarships and you have played some quality teams for a few years I do think you could get to top 10 level talent possible.

I think you guys could beat 4-8 teams ranked possibly. I would never vote you higher than 20 until you beat some top teams and I know it is tough to schedule top teams in your league.

I would personally like to see USD in the playoffs if they go 11-0. If you belong then you belong, but if you haven't proven it yet or aren't able to prove it then you can't say people are crazy for questioning you.

I am personally pulling for you guys and this year it is very possible to get selected. Best of luck!

UAalum72
October 17th, 2006, 08:23 AM
I am personally pulling for you guys and this year it is very possible to get selected. Best of luck!
If you're really pulling for them, you should include the PFL and NEC in your playoff projection
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15053
(post #7) If you could add the Big South to the list, no reason not add other eligible leagues. I think I saw San Diego as part of some discussions here.

PantherRob82
October 17th, 2006, 09:33 AM
Great point, one which I agree with. But, if we somehow pulled off an upset vs. UC Davis that would be good enough for me right now. I would hope that would at least make some here have respect for USD. But, I can understand that only with such a win would some give that respect. You need to earn it and I understand that...

GOTOREROS

It would definitely earn some respect and help recruiting. I was just refrencing that it wouldn't help towards next years playoff attempt.

89Hen
October 17th, 2006, 09:41 AM
I hate saying this. http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/usd/20061008-9999-1s8usdfoot.html

October8th, first date of publish that I know of. So, he might have said it up to a week before that.
Looks like two different quotes with basically the same message... Harbaugh thinks UDS is a Top 10 team in I-AA. Not surprising that he would think that though, he's been pretty arrogant his entire career.

LUHawker
October 17th, 2006, 10:19 AM
1 Patriot League Team: Holy Cross (we played them in 2003-2004)or 1 NEC Team: Albany, CCSU

Maybe Holy Cross or Fordham would play you, but I highly doubt you'd get a Lehigh/LaFayette/Colgate to play you. Absolutely no interest. Many better rivalries closer to home. And no, its not because we'd be quaking in our boots.

BigApp
October 17th, 2006, 10:57 AM
let's keep this on the 1st page, shall we?