PDA

View Full Version : UNI set to announce h/h with "elite" fcs program

clenz
January 13th, 2014, 12:20 PM
According to Twitter UNI and an unnamed program that athletic director Troy Dannen referred to as "elite" for the 15/16 seasons.

Lots of speculation right now...seeming to focus on Montana (finally getting them in the dome), Montana State (Coach Ash with Iowa ties at Drake and played there) EIU(with their resurgence and history with UNI in the Gateway) and Delaware (but we know they don't play west of the eastern time zone).

Possible it's a SLC team..but we've done games with MSU and SFA. I suppose SHSU is a possibility as well.

Waiting for the terms to be finalized before announced officially....anyone hearing anything similar at another school?

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk

PAllen
January 13th, 2014, 12:38 PM
... Delaware (but we know they don't play west of the eastern time zone)...

Heck, they won't play west of Newark unless it's an FBS payday.

superman7515
January 13th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Haven't heard any rumblings from UD. We have Lafayette in 2015 & 2016 and Wake Forest in 2016 as the only confirmed non-con games.

superman7515
January 13th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Heck, they won't play west of Newark unless it's an FBS payday.

That's not true. Towson, William & Mary, James Madison, Richmond, Old Dominion... xnodx

MR. CHICKEN
January 13th, 2014, 12:45 PM
According to Twitter UNI and an unnamed program that athletic director Troy Dannen referred to as "elite" for the 15/16 seasons.

Lots of speculation right now...seeming to focus on Montana (finally getting them in the dome), Montana State (Coach Ash with Iowa ties at Drake and played there) EIU(with their resurgence and history with UNI in the Gateway) and Delaware (but we know they don't play west of the eastern time zone).

Possible it's a SLC team..but we've done games with MSU and SFA. I suppose SHSU is a possibility as well.

Waiting for the terms to be finalized before announced officially....anyone hearing anything similar at another school?

18755…..C'MON CLENZILLAH…WE BEEN DERE…DONE IT.…YA'LL CAME TA NEW-ARK...WE DROPPED BAH IOWA…….NOW WHAA WOOD YA WANT MO' CHICKEN…..WHEN DUH BIG BIRDS…..LEFT YER UNI'S…COVERED IN DUNG……ON BOTH OCCASIONS……xconfusedx……….AWK!

ps….THANKY FO' THINKIN' US….ELITE……MOS' IN DUH CAA…..THINK WE'RE UH W…..BRAWK!

Lehigh Football Nation
January 13th, 2014, 12:55 PM
It couldn't be Lehigh, we're not an elite program. We're not in an elite conference. xlolx

FCS_pwns_FBS
January 13th, 2014, 01:04 PM
My guess is it's the Griz.

BisonBacker
January 13th, 2014, 01:07 PM

You already get to play us in conference we don't need no stinking contract xlolx

Bisonator
January 13th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Make sure you put a big buyout clause in there. ;)

Twentysix
January 13th, 2014, 01:18 PM
It's probably butler. Fake excitement ftw!

superman7515
January 13th, 2014, 01:20 PM
My guess is it's the Griz.

Dannen said it is not Montana.

Twentysix
January 13th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Dannen said it is not Montana.

But did he say it wasn't butler? :p

caribbeanhen
January 13th, 2014, 01:23 PM

Flacco (little brother) might make another visit Clenz..... some talk about HS QB being recruited to Delaware by the last name of Flacco and the only reason I mention this is the most memorable loss thread where you spilled your gutz.....

ursus arctos horribilis
January 13th, 2014, 01:35 PM

Lots of speculation right now...seeming to focus on Montana (finally getting them in the dome),

We went there and didn't get our return trip. I harbor no ill will over things like this though and would welcome this as a great series to augment the other ones we've gotten into recently.xthumbsupx

clenz
January 13th, 2014, 01:55 PM
We went there and didn't get our return trip. I harbor no ill will over things like this though and would welcome this as a great series to augment the other ones we've gotten into recently.xthumbsupx

Montana had never played at UNI...

clenz
January 13th, 2014, 01:59 PM
At this point I have to believe it's a central it mountain team. SHSU, EWU, MtSU, EIU all seem like the front runner. Outside chance it's caa school.

Twentysix
January 13th, 2014, 02:01 PM
At this point I have to believe it's a central it mountain team. SHSU, EWU, MtSU, EIU all seem like the front runner. Outside chance it's caa school.

Maybe its Lehigh, lol.

clenz
January 13th, 2014, 02:03 PM
Maybe its Lehigh, lol.

He said elite....not whiny bitches

MR. CHICKEN
January 13th, 2014, 02:08 PM

18758……..CLENZ…SAYS YA DIDN'T PLAY IN DUH DOME….WHERE'D YA TEE IT UP……EMPTY LOT/CIRCUS TENT/UH REPO MORTGAGED BACKYARD?……xpopcornx…..AWK!

ursus arctos horribilis
January 13th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Montana had never played at UNI...

Yeah we did and I've had this conversation with you before. We played there and you can ask D1B about playing us there if you need to. UNI didn't come back and play us until the playoffs made those matchups.

We won at UNI 33-16 or something close to that.

Twentysix
January 13th, 2014, 02:22 PM
Yeah we did and I've had this conversation with you before. We played there and you can ask D1B about playing us there if you need to. UNI didn't come back and play us until the playoffs made those matchups.

We won at UNI 33-16 or something close to that.

1987 Montana St also played at UNI that year.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 13th, 2014, 02:22 PM
18758……..CLENZ…SAYS YA DIDN'T PLAY IN DUH DOME….WHERE'D YA TEE IT UP……EMPTY LOT/CIRCUS TENT/UH REPO MORTGAGED BACKYARD?……xpopcornx…..AWK!

Well clenz is wrong. we played there in 1987 and if it wasn't in the Uni-dome then I guess they decided to play outdoors that year. That place has been open since the 70's hasn't it?

Twentysix
January 13th, 2014, 02:24 PM
UNI came to Montana in 1981.

NoDak 4 Ever
According to the CFDB, the only two times UNI has played Montana in the last 25 years was in Missoula in the playoffs.

Lehigh Football Nation
Maybe its Lehigh, lol.

He said elite....not whiny bitches

I don't know... does UNI schedule teams that beat them in the Dome? xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
1987 Montana St also played at UNI that year.

Correct. I just went in looked in the Griz scoring history book. I had the score correct but couldn't remember if it was 1986 or 87.

Twentysix
January 13th, 2014, 02:25 PM
According to the CFDB, the only two times UNI has played Montana in the last 25 years was in Missoula in the playoffs.

It was 27 years ago :p 1981 @UM 1987 @UNI All the other meetings seem to be in the playoffs.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 13th, 2014, 02:25 PM
Well clenz is wrong. we played there in 1987 and if it wasn't in the Uni-dome then I guess they decided to play outdoors that year. That place has been open since the 70's hasn't it?

1987? That's really going back there, isn't it?

ursus arctos horribilis
January 13th, 2014, 02:27 PM

Yeah, and 1987 falls just outside of that. I think that data may be a bit off as well because I think they've been here more than twice in the playoffs.

clenz
January 13th, 2014, 02:28 PM

UNI has tried multiple times to get Montana in the dome since then...they won't do it.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 13th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Yeah, and 1987 falls just outside of that. I think that data may be a bit off as well because I think they've been here more than twice in the playoffs.

Or my cursory look missed something. I didn't really deep dive into it.

Twentysix
January 13th, 2014, 02:29 PM
UNI has tried multiple times to get Montana in the dome since then...they won't do it.

They've already got the only dome that matters on their schedule ;)

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 13th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Montana State would seem to make sense given Ash's ties to the area. I'd like to see the Panthers come to Bozeman....

superman7515
January 13th, 2014, 02:30 PM
http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_iaa/missourivalley/northern_iowa/opponents_records.php?teamid=2087

9/26/1981 - Regular season @ Montana - Montana won 42-21
10/3/1987 - Regular season @ Northern Iowa - Montana won 33-16
11/26/1994 - Playoffs @ Montana - Montana won 23-20
12/15/2001 - Playoffs @ Montana - Montana won 38-0
12/9/2011 - Playoffs @ Montana - Montana won 48-10

ursus arctos horribilis
January 13th, 2014, 02:31 PM

So what? My statement was in reference to clenz saying they'd finally get us there. It's been a fairly common thing from some UNI peoples that we've never had to go there and we have.

1987 is one year beyond, I guess two now, the data you went and looked up so I guess it's way out of bounds?

ursus arctos horribilis
January 13th, 2014, 02:33 PM

You know what the reason's are?

Cocky
January 13th, 2014, 02:39 PM
UTC?

Sammy94
January 13th, 2014, 02:40 PM
I suppose SHSU is a possibility as well.

Very doubtful.

centennial
January 13th, 2014, 02:41 PM
UTC?
2nd'ed UTC is the biggest elite program in the country.

clenz
January 13th, 2014, 02:41 PM
You know what the reason's are?

Outside of UNI wanted a h/h and Montana apparently would only do a 2 or 3 for 1 with both of their games up front I didn't hear anything else.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 13th, 2014, 02:47 PM
Outside of UNI wanted a h/h and Montana apparently would only do a 2 or 3 for 1 with both of their games up front I didn't hear anything else.

I can see that. There has been some bad blood in the past with UNI over the tape exchange thing and so forth and since we were able to get 2 fer's out of some other teams I assume they were willing to go that route to max out the home games. Too bad, I'd like to see it happen.

clenz
January 13th, 2014, 02:49 PM
I can see that. There has been some bad blood in the past with UNI over the tape exchange thing and so forth and since we were able to get 2 fer's out of some other teams I assume they were willing to go that route to max out the home games. Too bad, I'd like to see it happen.

At one point UNI agreed to a 2-1 with the game at UNI the second game...turned down.

UNI isn't afraid to play anyone...but like most to level teams not many are willing to step up and accept an offer

ursus arctos horribilis
January 13th, 2014, 02:50 PM

btw, I don't think we've ever gotten a three fer out of anyone so I can't imagine they were thinking they'd get that. The twofer yeah but I don't think a threefer would even be approached by any sane administration thinking it was possible. Were you just speculating on that or is that what was asked for?

ursus arctos horribilis
January 13th, 2014, 02:54 PM
At one point UNI agreed to a 2-1 with the game at UNI the second game...turned down.

UNI isn't afraid to play anyone...but like most to level teams not many are willing to step up and accept an offer

Yeah, I thought you might be trying to make yourself feel better with throwing out the ol' "scared to play us" crap. xlolx

That's excellent.

clenz
January 13th, 2014, 02:57 PM
btw, I don't think we've ever gotten a three fer out of anyone so I can't imagine they were thinking they'd get that. The twofer yeah but I don't think a threefer would even be approached by any sane administration thinking it was possible. Were you just speculating on that or is that what was asked for?

From my sources...remember I worked at UNI for a while with people who were on the "know"...it was asked for. I'm assuming they knew UNI would say no but also knew that since UNI was the one saying "no" the blame was on UNI not UM...the last part is speculation on my part.

The list of teams that UNI has contacted for buy games, h/h, or a 2/1 is stupid long...

clenz
January 13th, 2014, 03:00 PM
Basically there is a ton a bad blood between um and uni....and it doesn't sound like it will be resolved anytime soon

Twentysix
January 13th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Basically there is a ton a bad blood between um and uni....and it doesn't sound like it will be resolved anytime soon

So, it's Lehigh?

clenz
January 13th, 2014, 03:08 PM
So, it's Lehigh?

They aren't elite....

They are beyond elite.

BisonBacker
January 13th, 2014, 03:13 PM
http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_iaa/missourivalley/northern_iowa/opponents_records.php?teamid=2087

9/26/1981 - Regular season @ Montana - Montana won 42-21
10/3/1987 - Regular season @ Northern Iowa - Montana won 33-16
11/26/1994 - Playoffs @ Montana - Montana won 23-20
12/15/2001 - Playoffs @ Montana - Montana won 38-0
12/9/2011 - Playoffs @ Montana - Montana won 48-10

One would wonder why UNI wants anything to do with Montana based on the Azz kickings they have received int he past. Gluttons for punishment I guess :p

F'N Hawks
January 13th, 2014, 03:14 PM
UND's schedule is pretty much full so that takes them out of the running. I mean, since we only discussing elite possibilities. :p

THE HERD
January 13th, 2014, 03:14 PM
Well if its EIU your AD lied, because they are not elite either.

clenz
January 13th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Well if its EIU your AD lied, because they are not elite either.

I'm taking the word elite with a large grain of salt right now. He likely means a top level/highly ranked in the past couple seasons in an effort to build hype

ursus arctos horribilis
January 13th, 2014, 03:18 PM

That's probably got a lot to do with UM not bending over backwards to make something work. There may be some problem with either the way UNI is handling things or maybe multiple other factors that make UNI have a stupid long list of people not willing to the H&H's with them. I imagine on top of all the other scheduling things in any given year whatever those impediments are probably don't help.

App State, McNeese, NDSU, etc. are all big programs that we seem to have worked a deal out with and at a basic H&H rate so I think the bad blood just makes things not worthy of pursuing possibly. I know there is a great deal of respect both ways with App (in the past), and McNeese and hopefully going forward with NDSU.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 13th, 2014, 03:28 PM
I got it - NDSU. xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
January 13th, 2014, 03:43 PM
I got it - NDSU. xlolx

They don't want to play us any more than they have to

IBleedYellow
January 13th, 2014, 04:09 PM

What's the bad blood? The fact UNI has never beaten UM? Sounds pretty one-sided if you ask me.

dbackjon
January 13th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Probably NAU :) - we seem to do a series every dozen years or so

clenz
January 13th, 2014, 04:16 PM
Probably NAU :) - we seem to do a series every dozen years or so

It has been a while since uni and nau played...

UNI has a pretty solid core of schools it relies on for ooc games. NAU used to be one

ursus arctos horribilis
January 13th, 2014, 04:28 PM
What's the bad blood? The fact UNI has never beaten UM? Sounds pretty one-sided if you ask me.

That isn't what makes for the bad blood from our side and I'm sure it makes some UNI fans not like UM too much but the bad blood came to a boil a while back (2001 I think) with some shenanigans with UNI trading tapes for a playoff game. It was a pretty big deal around these parts at the time with the school and the fans.

clenz
January 13th, 2014, 06:52 PM
Something about throwing video tapes and corn at UNI players....

darell1976
January 13th, 2014, 07:10 PM
UND's schedule is pretty much full so that takes them out of the running. I mean, since we only discussing elite possibilities. :p

I would think they would at least want a rematch after our upset win in 2006 by the DII UND!!

clenz
January 13th, 2014, 07:11 PM
I would think they would at least want a rematch after our upset win in 2006 by the DII UND!!

You seem to confuse elite, even if overstated, with joke

darell1976
January 13th, 2014, 07:17 PM
You seem to confuse elite, even if overstated, with joke

That's right we will never be an elite team. (In case you didn't know that's sarcasm).

clenz
January 13th, 2014, 07:21 PM
That's right we will never be an elite team. (In case you didn't know that's sarcasm).
You can take the sarcasm off and...well...you'd be right.

****, even with it you're correct.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 13th, 2014, 07:24 PM
Something about throwing video tapes and corn at UNI players....

Do you have some link or any sort of info. to back that up? I remember some snowballs hitting the field in playoff games in the past but at that time I was behind the visitior's sideline and just never saw what is claimed here. The nut punch on Decoite must have been because of those video tapes being thrown I guess.

If you've got something to back that up clenz I'll concede the point otherwise it's sour grapes brother.

What actually is documented is what the coach and a UNI player did which is verifiable.

clenz
January 13th, 2014, 07:32 PM
Do you have some link or any sort of info. to back that up? I remember some snowballs hitting the field in playoff games in the past but at that time I was behind the visitior's sideline and just never saw what is claimed here. The nut punch on Decoite must have been because of those video tapes being thrown I guess.

If you've got something to back that up clenz I'll concede the point otherwise it's sour grapes brother.

What actually is documented is what the coach and a UNI player did which is verifiable.
Ask any player that was on that team - I've asked a dozen or so of them..as well as a dozenish fans that were at the game.

Ursus, you know that I can be "unreasonable" but I'm not real prone to making **** like that up.

From the Montana/Tennessee threat in 2011 on volnation

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/127360-official-make-fun-montana-grizzlies-thread-3.html#post4918170
Played there in the 2001 I-AA playoffs, their fans are actually kinda crazy, I played for Northern Iowa and they were throwing corn and video tapes at us, there's a history between the two schools of not exchanging film. Anyways some Pitt transfers on our team said since the crowd was right on top of you and being surrounded by the mountains the noise compared to Penn St. TIFWIW
I have no idea who that is, and if I can find a 2001 roster I'll do my best to verify who it may be.

It's either a player OR a UNI fan that is REALLY dedicated to the lie to the point of joining a volunteer message board and having hundreds of posts to back up the schtick

darell1976
January 13th, 2014, 07:33 PM
You can take the sarcasm off and...well...you'd be right.

****, even with it you're correct.
So were you guys "elite" when UND beat you guys, or did you become elite after the smackdown?

clenz
January 13th, 2014, 07:36 PM
So were you guys "elite" when UND beat you guys, or did you become elite after the smackdown?
Dude...I get why you are hated by NDSU fans.

UNI was coming off a title game appearance but had a disastrous season...and the year after went 12-0 in the regular season...

I'm glad that UNI is able to provide the PROGRAM DEFINING MOMENT for Lehigh and North Dakota....If that's as good as it gets as a ND fan I understand why the state of ND has the suicide rate it does...

ursus arctos horribilis
January 13th, 2014, 07:41 PM
Ask any player that was on that team - I've asked a dozen or so of them..as well as a dozenish fans that were at the game.

Ursus, you know that I can be "unreasonable" but I'm not real prone to making **** like that up.

From the Montana/Tennessee threat in 2011 on volnation

I have no idea who that is, and if I can find a 2001 roster I'll do my best to verify who it may be.

It's either a player OR a UNI fan that is REALLY dedicated to the lie to the point of joining a volunteer message board and having hundreds of posts to back up the schtick

That's verified enough for me. I don't see where anyone was hit by something and there may have been some tapes dropped or thrown on the sideline they were on and corn...sure, why wouldn't they. The tape exchange thing was completely one sided and done by your coaching staff however...not ours.

We sent our tapes as required/requested. I'd imagine that would be the reason tapes were deposited in said fashion though.

We're nonetheless comparing what coaches and players did to what fans responded with after the fact.

darell1976
January 13th, 2014, 07:43 PM

UNI was coming off a title game appearance but had a disastrous season...and the year after went 12-0 in the regular season...

I'm glad that UNI is able to provide the PROGRAM DEFINING MOMENT for Lehigh and North Dakota....If that's as good as it gets as a ND fan I understand why the state of ND has the suicide rate it does...

So you making fun of college football teams by the "elite" title isn't coming off as a little arrogant? And I am hated by NDSU fans (some not all) because my team is their rival. And our program defining moment was winning a DII NC in 2001, not beating UNI in 2006 or SUU in 2007.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 13th, 2014, 07:45 PM

Whether they were or weren't doesn't make UND one of the elite programs is kinda the gist of things at this point. I can see UND becoming an elite team but just saying if you are not considered one at this point I'd think this is understandable.

I'm not trying to have a UNI bashing thing here but just just saying UM and UNI may have some problems getting together based on past problems making things more difficult currently.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 13th, 2014, 07:48 PM
So you making fun of college football teams by the "elite" title isn't coming off as a little arrogant? And I am hated by NDSU fans (some not all) because my team is their rival. And our program defining moment was winning a DII NC in 2001, not beating UNI in 2006 or SUU in 2007.

darell, is it possible that someone feeding him information said it was an elite team in FCS and he repeated what was said? That nomenclature weeds out some of the speculation wouldn't you think?

If I asked you if UND were an elite program would you say they were?

darell1976
January 13th, 2014, 07:49 PM
Whether they were or weren't doesn't make UND one of the elite programs is kinda the gist of things at this point. I can see UND becoming an elite team but just saying if you are not considered one at this point I'd think this is understandable.

I'm not trying to have a UNI bashing thing here but just just saying UM and UNI may have some problems getting together based on past problems making things more difficult currently.

And my post was to Sioux's post not to Clenz directly. I just told Sioux that I am surprised that UNI and UND hasn't scheduled each other since 2006. They both were former conference mates, and I thought UNI would want some payback. I know we aren't an elite team yet but that wasn't my point.

clenz
January 13th, 2014, 07:50 PM
That's verified enough for me. I don't see where anyone was hit by something and there may have been some tapes dropped or thrown on the sideline they were on and corn...sure, why wouldn't they. The tape exchange thing was completely one sided and done by your coaching staff however...not ours.

We sent our tapes as required/requested. I'd imagine that would be the reason tapes were deposited in said fashion though.

We're nonetheless comparing what coaches and players did to what fans responded with after the fact.
So...you're saying the UM fans are justified in throwing video tapes at players because a video tape wasn't sent to Montana?

Really?

centennial
January 13th, 2014, 07:51 PM

Don't bunch us with UND. Darell, this smack is useless if you can't even have a few winning seasons.

clenz
January 13th, 2014, 07:52 PM
You sure as **** bring the D2 title up one 1/1000000 the number of times you bring the UNI win up...

Clearly one is more defining that the other.

Things brought up less, that have much more national importance at the FCS level than UNDs win over UNI
- Any FBS win - sans ASU over Michigan
- Any national title (other than NDSUs)

darell1976
January 13th, 2014, 07:53 PM
darell, is it possible that someone feeding him information said it was an elite team in FCS and he repeated what was said? That nomenclature weeds out some of the speculation wouldn't you think?

Kinda like the Bison fan getting dumped on by fans of "non-major" conferences? If that's the case I apologize to Clenz, and to answer your question at this point no UND is not elite and will be a little while longer until we start that road as we had to do some housecleaning first.

clenz
January 13th, 2014, 07:53 PM

The word elite is straight from our athletic director, Troy Dannen.

https://twitter.com/TroyDannenUNIAD/status/422745999186989056

Also, he said it won't be Montana.

dewey
January 13th, 2014, 08:21 PM
The word elite is straight from our athletic director, Troy Dannen.

https://twitter.com/TroyDannenUNIAD/status/422745999186989056

Also, he said it won't be Montana.

Has he said when the announcement would be made?

I am sorry if it has already been mentioned but I lost a little interest in all if the squabbling about who is elite:-)

Dewey

clenz
January 13th, 2014, 08:29 PM
Has he said when the announcement would be made?

I am sorry if it has already been mentioned but I lost a little interest in all if the squabbling about who is elite:-)

Dewey
Sadly no.

I'm sure there is some final details - dates and buy out - to be tweaked.

Dannen doesn't just say things to say it. I can also bet it is going to be a TV deal - ESPN family...not 3... with a big buyout (for the FCS level)

dewey
January 13th, 2014, 08:52 PM
Sadly no.

I'm sure there is some final details - dates and buy out - to be tweaked.

Dannen doesn't just say things to say it. I can also bet it is going to be a TV deal - ESPN family...not 3... with a big buyout (for the FCS level)

Good for UNI and good for the MVFC.

Dewey

ursus arctos horribilis
January 13th, 2014, 09:01 PM
So...you're saying the UM fans are justified in throwing video tapes at players because a video tape wasn't sent to Montana?

Really?

Well I guess that's what you read. What I said was that I'll accept your evidence as weak as it may appear at first because I could see this happening considering the causation even though I didn't actually see it happening while there at the game...in other words there may have been some minimal event that did not reach the attention of any officials, police, or fans sitting relatively closely.

In other words, it's plausible.

We already know the chicanery that went on preceding this plausibility. Trying to close down some of the loopholes in the reasoning of why games may or may not be happening between the two schools OOC and the fact that fear would be way, way down the list if Occam's razorwere applied.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 13th, 2014, 09:05 PM
And my post was to Sioux's post not to Clenz directly. I just told Sioux that I am surprised that UNI and UND hasn't scheduled each other since 2006. They both were former conference mates, and I thought UNI would want some payback. I know we aren't an elite team yet but that wasn't my point.

Got it. I thought you were upset at the not being considered elite at this point.

Supey put together a list of the top 25 teams of the AGS era and all the supporting polls etc. and I'd be willing to bet the team being discussed is on the Top 25 list on that front page of the document...excepting MVFC teams of course.

DJKyR0
January 13th, 2014, 09:07 PM
What more could you guys want, clenz? You've already got a rotating home-and-home every two years with the most elite FCS team there is.

centennial
January 13th, 2014, 09:17 PM
What more could you guys want, clenz? You've already got a rotating home-and-home every two years with the most elite FCS team there is.
Lol

Lehigh Football Nation
January 13th, 2014, 09:46 PM

"Elite... but not as elite as NDSU" xlolx

slostang
January 13th, 2014, 10:20 PM
I would love to see Cal Poly schedule a home and home with UNI.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 14th, 2014, 01:19 AM
I would love to see Cal Poly schedule a home and home with UNI.

You guys and maybe MSU or EWU are my thoughts. Cal Poly was the first one that seemed most likely to me.

Darlinikki150
January 14th, 2014, 02:27 AM
I would watch UNI v EW. Although I would prob have to cheer for EW, and that would be weird.

Bogus Megapardus
January 14th, 2014, 03:43 AM
"Elite... but not as elite as NDSU" xlolx

It's "elite," not "effete," LFN, so it's not going to be Lehigh. Time to clean those eyeglasses. xrolleyesx

caribbeanhen
January 14th, 2014, 05:37 AM
I would watch UNI v EW. Although I would prob have to cheer for EW, and that would be weird.

I'm with UNI in that match up

Missingnumber7
January 14th, 2014, 08:18 AM
I would be interesting to see who it is that would generate the ESPN interest and would guess that it would have to be either early in the season or at some unique location for it to garner that type of interest. My mind cant help but flip back to the speculation that NDSU and UM were going to be the first game of the season this past year. I know that ESPN brings an awesome level of viewing and that first game of the year is great exposure because everyone misses football, shoot look at the amount of people that watch that NFL preseason crap.

I really wish that the MVFC would get their arse in gear and sign a TV deal with something other than ESPN3.

laxVik
January 14th, 2014, 09:20 AM
Since when does Montana play home and home? More like their home and here's a check.

GABison
January 14th, 2014, 09:42 AM
My guess is EWU.

clenz
January 14th, 2014, 09:52 AM
My guess is EWU.

The more I think about it the more I really lean towards ewu, Montana state and SHSU in that order with EIU a distant 4th

aces1180
January 14th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Since when does Montana play home and home? More like their home and here's a check.

They are doing a home/home with NDSU starting in Fargo this season with the Bison returning to Montana in 2015.

Uncle Rico's Clan
January 14th, 2014, 10:50 AM

App St
NDSU
McNeese
Liberty

Missingnumber7
January 14th, 2014, 10:50 AM
The rarity of upper tier schools playing each other in non conference is so rare that it deems large announcements. I would rather see NDSU play 2 quality non-conference opponents every year if that means giving up one home game then so be it. Watching the destruction of an multiple underfunded programs is no fun for either team. Now to just get the schools to realize that this is what the fans would rather see and be willing to give up the games and come to this realization. It looks to me like UM has grasped this to some extent. If you give up a home game a season and schedule smart you should get that return trip with a quality opponent. Now obviously this isn't as big of a deal at schools that sell out every game no matter who they play, but for schools that are at say 75% capacity, I have to imagine their attendance drops considerably when they play a D2 or some other sub par oppenent. Just my 2 cents.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 14th, 2014, 11:44 AM

We're at a level you wouldn't understand.

Missingnumber7
January 14th, 2014, 12:12 PM
The level where you they would rather play a D2 team at home then play another road game.

BisonBacker
January 14th, 2014, 12:15 PM
Since when does Montana State play home and home? More like their home and here's a check.

There I fixed it for ya xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
January 14th, 2014, 12:15 PM
The level where you they would rather play a D2 team at home then play another road game.

Sure.

MPLS

dudeitsaid
January 14th, 2014, 12:59 PM
My guess is EWU.

I'm hoping! I would love to see that. UNI always seems tough, and they've had our number in the playoffs when we've played them. They are a perennially solid team. It seems EWU is trying to schedule top flight challenging FCS OOC teams rather than pad the schedule with easy wins. I love that approach. I'd much rather the team be battle tested if and when they make it into the playoffs. And I think the tough games create more interest for the fans and players than some OOC bottom feeder.

darell1976
January 14th, 2014, 02:22 PM

UND just finished a home and home with Montana. 2010 at Missoula, and 2013 at Grand Forks.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 14th, 2014, 02:27 PM
UND just finished a home and home with Montana. 2010 at Missoula, and 2013 at Grand Forks.

Let petty people live in there illusion my man. The Griz have hurt him and he needs this outlet.

Yotes
January 14th, 2014, 05:24 PM
Home and home with USD, we will return the trip this year.

Silenoz
January 14th, 2014, 05:35 PM

Really?
From the North Endzone I had a great view of your fans, including the ones escorted from the stadium. And of Decoite being punched in the balls

Silenoz
January 14th, 2014, 05:37 PM

Pull out of one contract because of athletic financial scandal, and you're branded for life. Said it before, I'll say it again; it saved the Jacks an ass kicking anyways.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 14th, 2014, 06:18 PM
Pull out of one contract because of athletic financial scandal, and you're branded for life. Said it before, I'll say it again; it saved the Jacks an ass kicking anyways.

Brock, don't let a Portland St. troll take you down there man. Jacks fans for the most part have been pretty good to us Griz fans. On this board at least.

laxVik
January 14th, 2014, 06:29 PM
We're at a level you wouldn't understand.Considering NDSU's superiority of late (not to mention App State before) you're a bit of a has been at this point.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 14th, 2014, 06:33 PM
Considering NDSU's superiority of late (not to mention App State before) you're a bit of a has been at this point.

said the never was.

frozennorth
January 14th, 2014, 08:10 PM
Considering NDSU's superiority of late (not to mention App State before) you're a bit of a has been at this point.
if not for montana, the big sky would be in the same category as the big south.

tl;dr: get down, peasant.

Yotes
January 14th, 2014, 08:29 PM
Any team that doesn't win the national championship is irrelevant?

clenz
January 14th, 2014, 08:45 PM
Any team that doesn't win the national championship is irrelevant?

Yep...

And FAMU is more relevant than UNI, McNeese, UNH, Cal Poly, SHSU etc...

superman7515
January 15th, 2014, 07:36 AM

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgtKAORz8z6vdHlWRmhnSWFTNjR3eWhXNUFDSjJsa 3c&usp=sharing#gid=10

#1 Montana - 2427 pts

Taking into account AppState being done at this level, it would take Northern Iowa being #1 for 11 straight polls, without Montana being ranked anywhere in the Top 25, for them to pull roughly even with Montana (they'd still have 5 fewer points than Montana, but basically the same level then).

To put that into perspective for you, Portland State would need to be ranked #1 for 91 straight polls (they'd still have 13 fewer points than Montana), and considering there are typically 14 polls in a year, that would take 6.5 years of Portland State being #1 and Montana not being ranked at all just to place them on roughly even footing.

Twentysix
January 15th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Did they announce the home and home with Lehigh yet?

ursus arctos horribilis
January 15th, 2014, 11:16 AM
I know there's a lot of bashing that goes back and forth and some in the PL guys bring it on themselves but personally I'd be real happy to se a H&H with Lehigh but I know it would need to be a 2fer and Lehigh wouldn't accept something like that.

UM is probably pretty gunshy about scheduling those sorts of E. coast games after the financial mismanagent from the early 2000's with Hofstra and Maine.

But I'd personally like to go there and have them come here. Not sure the majority of the fanbase knows enough about them to move the meter though. Never know thogh cuz the Liberty games gives me hopes it's gonna come back a little bit. A ton of great teams on the E. coast that I'd like to see.

Sorry clenzy, not trying to jack this on ya.

UNHWildcat18
January 15th, 2014, 11:50 AM
BREAKING NEWS! UNI athletics youtube account just posted their home and home vs. William & Mary! article on their athletic website should be up anytime! caa vs mvfc classic

video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

athletic account.
http://www.youtube.com/user/UNIAthletics

Twentysix
January 15th, 2014, 05:18 PM
Maybe its elon. CAA vs MVFC in the worst possible way.

IBleedYellow
January 15th, 2014, 06:18 PM
Since we're all talking about H/H's we'd love to see:

EWU, Maine, Delaware, Furman, Cal Poly.

BisonFan02
January 15th, 2014, 08:56 PM
My H/H wishlist in no real order and not factoring FBS (Sun Belt doesn't count as FBS anyway right? :D ):

McNeese
Ga Southern
App St
Cal Poly
Delaware
Furman
JMU
Chatty

thebootfitter
January 15th, 2014, 10:10 PM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgtKAORz8z6vdHlWRmhnSWFTNjR3eWhXNUFDSjJsa 3c&usp=sharing#gid=10

#1 Montana - 2427 pts

Taking into account AppState being done at this level, it would take Northern Iowa being #1 for 11 straight polls, without Montana being ranked anywhere in the Top 25, for them to pull roughly even with Montana (they'd still have 5 fewer points than Montana, but basically the same level then).

To put that into perspective for you, Portland State would need to be ranked #1 for 91 straight polls (they'd still have 13 fewer points than Montana), and considering there are typically 14 polls in a year, that would take 6.5 years of Portland State being #1 and Montana not being ranked at all just to place them on roughly even footing.
I'm not one to bash Montana, as I think they'll have to slide for at least a few years before anyone can say they're not relevant, in my opinion. It is pretty impressive what they've done over the years.

pokefan02
January 15th, 2014, 10:42 PM
If NDSU and McNeese do sign a H&H contract I have a contact with the Budweiser plant in Houston and the distributor in Lake Charles so I think we can scrape up enough beer for at least 3 days.xbeerchugx

IBleedYellow
January 15th, 2014, 10:59 PM
If NDSU and McNeese do sign a H&H contract I have a contact with the Budweiser plant in Houston and the distributor in Lake Charles so I think we can scrape up enough beer for at least 3 days.xbeerchugx

This guy. He knows us already.

citdog
January 15th, 2014, 11:14 PM

says the guy who follows the DIRTIEST team I have ever seen play in person.

frozennorth
January 16th, 2014, 05:39 AM
Yep...

Cal Poly,
has a title (1979)

frozennorth
January 16th, 2014, 05:46 AM
Maine this was the 9/11 game i think. NDSU hosting of all crazy things.

Cal Poly, UC davis once they get better, UCA, Furman, Wofford, JMU, Delaware, Richmond, Maine, NH, nova, any caa team really.

Missingnumber7
January 16th, 2014, 08:23 AM
My comment about playing a D2 instead of traveling and your response shows the typical mindset in western MT. I understand completely the reason for not wanting to play games away from Missoula, however schools have become wise to it and not a whole lot of teams want to travel there and why would they want to give up essentially 2 days. It is easier to lure in and pay a D2 school and still make money off that game then it is to find a school not in the BSC and fly them half way across the country meaning they would probably leave early friday and not get home until late saturday/early sunday. Its not an ideal for any east coast team and when you have been very successful at home for as long as you have then why. I have to believe that if you were to compare what NDSU/UM have done with very rarely scheduling home and homes at the FCS level to maximize home revenue has been done previosly at schools the GA Southern, App St and others that have been consistently successful.

And don't lump me in with MPLS...more unbiased common sense in my little finger than he has period.

dewey
January 16th, 2014, 11:24 AM

Just think of how many of us Bison fans could add Louisiana to the list of states we have been drunk in:-)

I would make this trip just to drink with pokefan02 especially if he is providing the beer, aka my new best friend.

Dewey

pokefan02
January 16th, 2014, 11:27 AM
I never said I was buying just that it will be available:cool:

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

ursus arctos horribilis
January 16th, 2014, 11:46 AM
My comment about playing a D2 instead of traveling and your response shows the typical mindset in western MT. I understand completely the reason for not wanting to play games away from Missoula, however schools have become wise to it and not a whole lot of teams want to travel there and why would they want to give up essentially 2 days. It is easier to lure in and pay a D2 school and still make money off that game then it is to find a school not in the BSC and fly them half way across the country meaning they would probably leave early friday and not get home until late saturday/early sunday. Its not an ideal for any east coast team and when you have been very successful at home for as long as you have then why. I have to believe that if you were to compare what NDSU/UM have done with very rarely scheduling home and homes at the FCS level to maximize home revenue has been done previosly at schools the GA Southern, App St and others that have been consistently successful.

And don't lump me in with MPLS...more unbiased common sense in my little finger than he has period.

Apologies, it just had that tone in the reading of it. Things aren't getting tougher for H&H's but they still aren't as easy as would be liked. We always have one and doubt it stops because of what you laid out there...it's cheaper and helps the budget.

In 1995 we had 3...yes 3 D2's on our OOC schedule. It ended up being a pretty good year in spite of the lackluster OOC that year.

Twentysix
January 16th, 2014, 11:56 AM
The longer UNI delays the announcement the higher chance it will be a huge let down.

clenz
January 16th, 2014, 12:03 PM
The longer UNI delays the announcement the higher chance it will be a huge let down.

It was likely going to be a huge let down anyway unless it was Montana or EWU.

It sounds like UNI is ready to let it go but the other shool isn't...

Lehigh Football Nation
January 16th, 2014, 12:18 PM
Still no word. Are they waiting for Lehigh to announce their new OC and DC hires before coming up with the blockbuster news? xlolx

Missingnumber7
January 16th, 2014, 02:11 PM
Apologies, it just had that tone in the reading of it. Things aren't getting tougher for H&H's but they still aren't as easy as would be liked. We always have one and doubt it stops because of what you laid out there...it's cheaper and helps the budget.

In 1995 we had 3...yes 3 D2's on our OOC schedule. It ended up being a pretty good year in spite of the lackluster OOC that year.

You have a fanbase that doesn't show their displeasure with the schedule by not attending games and so the D2 games don't work against you.

In fargo if they had more than 1 D2, GOD FORBID, I think there would be a riot at the BSA and a sit in staged in the tailgate lot.

I have said before, but the quality conferences need to get together and make some scheduling agreements. Keep the good FCS games on the forefront while the FCS fanbase is still hungry for it. There will always be those fans who like the non big boys of D1 Football, much like the D3 FB Followers and the D2 followers. I believe money can be made on neutral site games with the proper teams. I would be interested to see how many fans a Griz/Bison game would generate at a neutral site(neither team would give up a home game).

Grizalltheway
January 16th, 2014, 03:38 PM

Is 1994 not in the last 25 years?

NoDak 4 Ever
January 16th, 2014, 03:45 PM
Is 1994 not in the last 25 years?

Like I said, it was only a cursory look. Ok. 3 times.

Grizalltheway
January 16th, 2014, 04:08 PM
Sorry. Just saw this thread today and was too lazy to look through the whole thing. xlolx

darell1976
January 16th, 2014, 05:13 PM
You have a fanbase that doesn't show their displeasure with the schedule by not attending games and so the D2 games don't work against you.

In fargo if they had more than 1 D2, GOD FORBID, I think there would be a riot at the BSA and a sit in staged in the tailgate lot.

I have said before, but the quality conferences need to get together and make some scheduling agreements. Keep the good FCS games on the forefront while the FCS fanbase is still hungry for it. There will always be those fans who like the non big boys of D1 Football, much like the D3 FB Followers and the D2 followers. I believe money can be made on neutral site games with the proper teams. I would be interested to see how many fans a Griz/Bison game would generate at a neutral site(neither team would give up a home game).
When was the last time an FCS game was played at a neutral site in the regular season? As for the UM/NDSU game as your example where would you play? Denver, Mpls?

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 16th, 2014, 05:16 PM
When was the last time an FCS game was played at a neutral site in the regular season? As for the UM/NDSU game as your example where would you play? Denver, Mpls?

Delaware and Villanova played in Chester, PA last year. I also believe EWU use to regularly play the 'Griz in Spokane...

darell1976
January 16th, 2014, 05:23 PM
Delaware and Villanova played in Chester, PA last year. I also believe EWU use to regularly play the 'Griz in Spokane...

Both of those are pretty close, for his Montana/NDSU example, I don't know where you would play besides Lincoln, Minneapolis, Denver. Villanova is 15 miles from Chester, and EWU is 16.5 miles from Spokane. The closest biggest stadium to Fargo is either Grand Forks (UND) 70 miles, Brookings (SDSU) 190 miles or TCF Bank Stadium in Minneapolis over 200 miles away.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 16th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Both of those are pretty close, for his Montana/NDSU example, I don't know where you would play besides Lincoln, Minneapolis, Denver. Villanova is 15 miles from Chester, and EWU is 16.5 miles from Spokane. The closest biggest stadium to Fargo is either Grand Forks (UND) 70 miles, Brookings (SDSU) 190 miles or TCF Bank Stadium in Minneapolis over 200 miles away.

Maybe try to convince Dickenson HS to finish off their stadium, lol. It's actually a really nice HS facility but there's only seating on one side. If it held about 15k it might be enticing....

darell1976
January 16th, 2014, 05:32 PM
Maybe try to convince Dickenson HS to finish off their stadium, lol. It's actually a really nice HS facility but there's only seating on one side. If it held about 15k it might be enticing....

I know if the game was in MPLS, it wouldn't be a neutral site as the Bison fans would blow up that stadium like they did against the Gophers, now Denver it may be a little more 50-50. Imagine that UM vs NDSU live from Mile High Stadium (or whatever they call that stadium).

Grizalltheway
January 16th, 2014, 05:40 PM

They did but it wasn't a neutral location. If anything it was more like a home game for the Griz than the Eags. :D

ursus arctos horribilis
January 16th, 2014, 06:06 PM
I know if the game was in MPLS, it wouldn't be a neutral site as the Bison fans would blow up that stadium like they did against the Gophers, now Denver it may be a little more 50-50. Imagine that UM vs NDSU live from Mile High Stadium (or whatever they call that stadium).

The most likely place would be the typical answer for these situations. Las Vegas. Pretty easy and cheap to get to on both parts and it fits the mold of a place that UM and NDSU fans are probably very familiar with and would have fun at.

Not that it would happen but if it did that's a good place to start. Hell, it's a good place to start for basically hosting a early season game between most of the top teams and if it took an air of the classics then it could be a great rotating schedule each year of top teams from different conferences.

Working it out with UNLV would probably be feasible especially if they did not have a scheduled Thursday night game it could be a great season kick off event and get some TV.

That's where you get your conference challenges started off at.

Darlinikki150
January 16th, 2014, 06:16 PM
So has UNI announced this elite game or what?

darell1976
January 16th, 2014, 06:32 PM
The most likely place would be the typical answer for these situations. Las Vegas. Pretty easy and cheap to get to on both parts and it fits the mold of a place that UM and NDSU fans are probably very familiar with and would have fun at.

Not that it would happen but if it did that's a good place to start. Hell, it's a good place to start for basically hosting a early season game between most of the top teams and if it took an air of the classics then it could be a great rotating schedule each year of top teams from different conferences.

Working it out with UNLV would probably be feasible especially if they did not have a scheduled Thursday night game it could be a great season kick off event and get some TV.

That's where you get your conference challenges started off at.

Vegas would be cool.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 16th, 2014, 06:43 PM
So has UNI announced this elite game or what?

It's only been 3 days since he posted this up and he said the opposing team is not ready to announce it.

paward
January 16th, 2014, 06:51 PM
At first glance I did not think I would be interested in this thread more or less read 15 pages. Must say it got my full attention. Heck if this game goes to Vegas. I may come. I never miss a opportunity to visit Whiskey Pete.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 16th, 2014, 07:00 PM
At first glance I did not think I would be interested in this thread more or less read 15 pages. Must say it got my full attention. Heck if this game goes to Vegas. I may come. I never miss a opportunity to visit Whiskey Pete.

Ah, we're just pondering what would be cool and spit balling some ideas. As fun as it is to talk about and so forth it has a pretty small chance of happening anywhere because the people that could get something like this going probably aren't members here and certainly ain't discussing it. I believe I've seen a little bit reported that there is some talk of a conference challenge months back so I guess we never know.

superman7515
January 16th, 2014, 11:21 PM

I can think of 10 off the top of my head from this past year...

Bethune-Cookman vs Florida A&M
Florida A&M vs Mississippi Valley State
Delaware vs Villanova
North Carolina A&T vs South Carolina State
Jackson State vs Tennessee State
Jackson State vs Prairie View A&M
Alcorn State vs Grambling
Alabama State vs Alabama A&M
Southern vs Grambling
Prairie View A&M vs Grambling

There's some goofy game with Lafayette and some guys from the UPS Distribution Center outside of Allentown coming up too.

Darlinikki150
January 17th, 2014, 12:24 AM
It's only been 3 days since he posted this up and he said the opposing team is not ready to announce it.

That's lame

clenz
January 17th, 2014, 08:58 AM
AD Dannen just tweeted that "the deal is done. Big football scheduling news coming soon"

I think that means it's it by the end of the day

Danielr11220
January 17th, 2014, 10:36 AM
I can think of 10 off the top of my head from this past year...

Bethune-Cookman vs Florida A&M
Florida A&M vs Mississippi Valley State
Delaware vs Villanova
North Carolina A&T vs South Carolina State
Jackson State vs Tennessee State
Jackson State vs Prairie View A&M
Alcorn State vs Grambling
Alabama State vs Alabama A&M
Southern vs Grambling
Prairie View A&M vs Grambling

There's some goofy game with Lafayette and some guys from the UPS Distribution Center outside of Allentown coming up too.

Also

Southeast Missouri and Southern Illinois to Playedat Busch Stadium last season
http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130415&content_id=44845936&vkey=pr_stl&c_id=stl

Twentysix
January 17th, 2014, 10:54 AM

SEMO and SIU played at a baseball stadium this year or last year.

Bisonator
January 17th, 2014, 12:19 PM
AD Dannen just tweeted that "the deal is done. Big football scheduling news coming soon"

I think that means it's it by the end of the day

xhypedxxhypedxxhypedxxhypedxxhypedxxhypedxxhypedxx hypedxxhypedxxhypedx

ursus arctos horribilis
January 17th, 2014, 12:34 PM
xhypedxxhypedxxhypedxxhypedxxhypedxxhypedxxhypedxx hypedxxhypedxxhypedx

yeah I am sort of anticipating it myself so bring it when it hits.

Silenoz
January 17th, 2014, 12:44 PM
This has a lot of potential to be a major let-down with all this build-up xlolx

Like our last "big" announcement, which turned out to be South Dakota

ursus arctos horribilis
January 17th, 2014, 01:04 PM
This has a lot of potential to be a major let-down with all this build-up xlolx

Like our last "big" announcement, which turned out to be South Dakota

Yeah it always happens that way and even if it's something pretty decent we're gonna hear "That's a big announcement?"

From the perspective of UNI fans getting a H&H with a decent OOC will be a big announcement and to others it won't mean as much. I'm pretty happy with most cross conference announcements on the Middle to West side of things because they seem a bit more endangered than the ones in the East.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 17th, 2014, 01:14 PM
"UNI vs. Drake in 2015 and 2016"

Twentysix
January 17th, 2014, 02:09 PM

Wouldn't doubt it.

clenz
January 17th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Wouldn't doubt it.

I would....when I'm not on my phone I can type better I'll say why.

The fact we got drake last year was a HUGE shock to many

F'N Hawks
January 17th, 2014, 03:12 PM
Eastern Washington. That qualifies as elite.

eagle1
January 17th, 2014, 03:12 PM
BOOM! http://www.goeags.com/sports/m-footbl/2013-14/Releases/14fbJan17UNISeries

centennial
January 17th, 2014, 03:14 PM
EWU has never won UNI? Wow.

clenz
January 17th, 2014, 03:18 PM
****ing awesome.

I worry about the qb situation in 16 though. Sawyer graduates after 15.

Also no DJ....

ursus arctos horribilis
January 17th, 2014, 03:26 PM
Congrats to both, that's a hell of a nice game to have to look forward to.

clenz
January 17th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Wouldn't doubt it.

I would....when I'm not on my phone I can type better I'll say why.

The fact we got drake last year was a HUGE shock to many

Okay...Home from work.

Long story short Drake has a huge chip on their shoulder when it comes to...well everything regarding that university. The view themselves in a MUCH higher regard than...well...anyone...academically and athletically.

They want to play football but they won't want to pay for it. They see what UNI has done athletically since moving D1 in the early 80s and see that they've completely taken over as the states number 3 athletic program - and it's not even close. That bugs the **** out of them. They were good at basketball 60-100 years ago, and have a final four appearance in 1969 and then fell completely off the face of the earth in 70s and then UNI moved D1 and took over. They've been a garbage athletic department for decades now and that bugs the **** out of their rather small fan base. The school is similar to Duke in a couple ways - very small enrollment (under 7K), have football but it's not real good and mens basketball is the focus, the both wear blue...and that's about it. Drake fans despise public universities and would love to be in a private school only conference but they don't fit geographically, academically or competitively anywhere.

They despise the fact that UNI is successful and everything about UNI. They hate the fact UNI gets more coverage in Des Moines than they do. They hate the fact they don't exist to anyone outside of the campus (including the majority of the alums). They hate the fact that when UNI plays @ Drake in mens basketball it's 70% (I'm not kidding) purple in the stands. They hate the fact that when volleyball plays at Drake its 90% (not an exaggeration) UNI fans.

Long story short - Drake knows that getting home games/OOC games for programs like UNI is tougher. They know UNI has a TON of alums in DSM. UNI and Drake are 2 hours apart and have only played 4 times since UNI became a full D1 football member in 1985.. 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2013. The only way UNI got games against Drake in 05, 06, 07 was to agree to a 2-1 @ Drake. Games have been attempted since then but Drake seems to always insist on a 2-1 @ Drake. How we got Drake @ home this year that wasn't part of some stupid arrangement blows most UNI fans minds, that I've talked too. Makes me wonder what we paid them.

I think Drake and UNI should be on a H/H almost yearly...or H/H/off/H/H. Maybe now that the PFL is a playoff league Drake will start to agree to these games more.

dewey
January 17th, 2014, 04:18 PM
Great OOC matchup between two perennial powers in the FCS. This should be a good early season test for both teams.

Dewey

IBleedYellow
January 17th, 2014, 04:37 PM
Get THEM. UNI. GET THEM!

This will be an AWESOME H/H game to watch!

clenz
January 17th, 2014, 04:38 PM
I'm hoping UNI can move to 7-0 all time against EWU...

IBleedYellow
January 17th, 2014, 04:43 PM
I'm hoping UNI can move to 7-0 all time against EWU...

Sadly, that's one series that NDSU can't say they are ahead with.

Go get them Panthers! Should be a fun time!

Texas
January 17th, 2014, 06:36 PM
One thing about EWU is their AD has balls scheduling good programs like UNI and us after our first Frisco run. Wish our AD would/could do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoDak 4 Ever
January 17th, 2014, 06:40 PM
One thing about EWU is their AD has balls scheduling good programs like UNI and us after our first Frisco run. Wish our AD would/could do the same.

We've had terrible luck with H&H's. Hopefully this Montana thing will turn it around

Texas
January 17th, 2014, 06:42 PM
We've had terrible luck with H&H's. Hopefully this Montana thing will turn it around

I wonder if our ADs will get together.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 17th, 2014, 06:45 PM
I wonder if our ADs will get together.

We split a pretty good one back during our transition. Don't see why it couldn't happen again.

Texas
January 17th, 2014, 06:47 PM
We split a pretty good one back during our transition. Don't see why it couldn't happen again.

It would be great but again faith in our ADs scheduling is at an all time low past two years.

McNeese72
January 17th, 2014, 06:50 PM
Just think of how many of us Bison fans could add Louisiana to the list of states we have been drunk in:-)

I would make this trip just to drink with pokefan02 especially if he is providing the beer, aka my new best friend.

Dewey

Or, if you want something a little different or harder than beer, we can walk across the street from the Westside Reserved Tailgating Area to the Frosty Factory.

http://www.docsshots.com/img/s10/v114/p1983585033-4.jpg

http://www.docsshots.com/img/s3/v26/p2078874144-4.jpg

The Georgia Southern fans went crazy over the place in 2003. Below, a shot of some of the Westside Reserved Tailgating Area from the Frosty Factory's second floor balcony.

http://www.docsshots.com/img/s9/v96/p2142364305-4.jpg

IBleedYellow
January 17th, 2014, 06:50 PM

I would tend to agree. I would love to see SHSU back into the Fargodome. They did beat us down in Huntsville at the tail end of the H/H.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTx__3AIusw

Hansel
January 17th, 2014, 07:53 PM
http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q340/unipanthers10/1441396_10100348875972269_1922326013_n_zps9a07495b .jpg

So the teams are a combined 2-9 in the FCS semis?

superman7515
January 17th, 2014, 07:56 PM
Why doesn't it compare National Championships instead of just semifinals appearances?

ursus arctos horribilis
January 17th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Why doesn't it compare National Championships instead of just semifinals appearances?

seems like a pretty odd omission.

dudeitsaid
January 17th, 2014, 08:13 PM
W00t!!! This is flippin awesome! I love the way our school schedules. Hopefully we can finally get one from the Panthers!

NoDak 4 Ever
January 17th, 2014, 08:29 PM

Because they can have numbers on both sides instead of 1 and 0.

Bisonator
January 17th, 2014, 09:28 PM
UNI prefers to talk about conference championships.xsmiley_wix

Good series for FCS. Hope more of these types of OOC matchups happen in the future.

Twentysix
January 17th, 2014, 09:34 PM

Agreed, and whether NDSU or SHSU ends up being bad by the time its played, the fans would likely be interested because of our recent history.

SIUSalukiFan
January 18th, 2014, 12:35 AM
Good series for FCS. Hope more of these types of OOC matchups happen in the future.

Great. We'll get to listen to more "UNI is the best 7-5 team in America" BS down the road. xlolx

I kid, I kid.

I don't games like this will become a trend. The best FCS conferences are just like the best FBS conferences ... why play such a tough non-conference game when your eight-game conference slate is so tough?

It's cool as hell until you miss the playoffs because you didn't have the additional win.

Yotes
January 18th, 2014, 03:24 AM
Great. We'll get to listen to more "UNI is the best 7-5 team in America" BS down the road. xlolx

I kid, I kid.

I don't games like this will become a trend. The best FCS conferences are just like the best FBS conferences ... why play such a tough non-conference game when your eight-game conference slate is so tough?

It's cool as hell until you miss the playoffs because you didn't have the additional win.
SOS needs to be factored in more. 7 wins from a MVFC team that also has games against top notch Big Sky teams should be considered over 8 win SLC or OVC teams.

Darlinikki150
January 18th, 2014, 05:39 AM
Now I'm torn. I dislike EW immensely, but UNI loosing helps NDSU in the MVFC.....what to do, what to do.

Should be a hell of game to watch tho, any rumor if it will be on espn3 or anything?

kalm
January 18th, 2014, 07:48 AM
Now I'm torn. I dislike EW immensely

Two traveling monks reached a river where they met a young woman. Wary of the current, she asked if they could carry her across. One of the monks hesitated, but the other quickly picked her up onto his shoulders, transported her across the water, and put her down on the other bank. She thanked him and departed.

As the monks continued on their way, the one was brooding and preoccupied. Unable to hold his silence, he spoke out. "Brother, our spiritual training teaches us to avoid any contact with women, but you picked that one up on your shoulders and carried her!"

"Brother," the second monk replied, "I set her down on the other side, while you are still carrying her."

Go Eags!:D

kalm
January 18th, 2014, 07:50 AM

I kid, I kid.

Because outside of San Diego, there isn't another OOC FCS team within 2000 miles. BSC teams need these.

MR. CHICKEN
January 18th, 2014, 09:50 AM
Two traveling monks reached a river where they met a young woman. Wary of the current, she asked if they could carry her across. One of the monks hesitated, but the other quickly picked her up onto his shoulders, transported her across the water, and put her down on the other bank. She thanked him and departed.

As the monks continued on their way, the one was brooding and preoccupied. Unable to hold his silence, he spoke out. "Brother, our spiritual training teaches us to avoid any contact with women, but you picked that one up on your shoulders and carried her!"

"Brother," the second monk replied, "I set her down on the other side, while you are still carrying her."

Go Eags!:D

18782....LISTEN UP...GRASSHOPPERAHS............SAGE ADVICE......AWK!

Twentysix
January 18th, 2014, 09:56 AM
Now I'm torn. I dislike EW immensely, but UNI loosing helps NDSU in the MVFC.....what to do, what to do.

Should be a hell of game to watch tho, any rumor if it will be on espn3 or anything?

UNI losing OOC games hurts NDSU.

You should root for the entire MVFC whenever the game is non-conference imo.

centennial
January 18th, 2014, 11:07 AM

Explain your logic woman.

Darlinikki150
January 18th, 2014, 03:10 PM
Explain your logic woman.

I don't like UNI either, and the more losses during the regular season they get, will help NDSU in the long run if we don't have a perfect year which I'm guessing we won't because of the transition of new coaches and departing players. By the time the game comes, I'm sure I will cheer for UNI cause really cheering for BSC seems unnatural. I'm just working through it fellas, no need to jump my ass about it.

IBleedYellow
January 18th, 2014, 03:11 PM
I don't like UNI either, and the more losses during the regular season they get, will help NDSU in the long run if we don't have a perfect year which I'm guessing we won't because of the transition of new coaches and departing players. By the time the game comes, I'm sure I will cheer for UNI cause really cheering for BSC seems unnatural. I'm just working through it fellas, no need to jump my ass about it.

Hurts our strength of schedule. We want UNI to win, except when they play us.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 18th, 2014, 03:23 PM

It's actually just the opposite of that. You always need your conference mate to win OOC to give you the better chance in the long run.

Look at SHSU this last season for an example.

Red & Black
January 18th, 2014, 04:07 PM
This is going to be awesome. Home and homes with SHSU, and now UNI. I really like what the AD has done here. Good work, oh balded one.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 18th, 2014, 04:32 PM
This is going to be awesome. Home and homes with SHSU, and now UNI. I really like what the AD has done here. Good work, oh balded one.

Yeah it is good work. It seems to me that this could be something the BSC AD's may have discussed or are just maybe coincidentally trying to do over the last few years?

UM, MSU, EWU, and even Weber seem to be trying to package more of these OOC H&H's or is just me wishful thinking this ****? Obviously the SLC and MVFC are gonna be first attempts with these things due to "proximity" but I'm hoping we some CAA stuff as well. I'd really love to a HYH with Villanova, Towson, Delaware, what the hell...am I just gonna list all the CAA...I'd like ot see pretty a H&H with just about any CAA but some would get me a bit more excited.

Pretty much the same thing with the SoCon. Lots in the OVC the BSC could have great matchups with as well.

clenz
January 18th, 2014, 04:42 PM
As has been discussed already...The CAA doesn't play west of the eastern time zone....

Hell, very very few teams from the ETZ travel west

ursus arctos horribilis
January 18th, 2014, 05:20 PM
As has been discussed already...The CAA doesn't play west of the eastern time zone....

I would think there would be some novelty in a couple of the CAA teams playing UM, MSU, EWU, NDSU, SDSU, & UNI but all AD's have to watch their bottom lines and that is the primary driver I'm sure UM will ask more for those tickets so I'm not sure how it would go over elsewhere. The App game this year $50+ so if it's a big enough name to Griz fans they will schedule it. On the other side who knows what a certain fanbase would be willing to accept as far as pricing to make these things happen.

clenz
January 18th, 2014, 05:44 PM
I would think there would be some novelty in a couple of the CAA teams playing UM, MSU, EWU, NDSU, SDSU, & UNI but all AD's have to watch their bottom lines and that is the primary driver I'm sure UM will ask more for those tickets so I'm not sure how it would go over elsewhere. The App game this year $50+ so if it's a big enough name to Griz fans they will schedule it. On the other side who knows what a certain fanbase would be willing to accept as far as pricing to make these things happen.
There is no "novelty" to EC(b)ers. There is snobbery...there is arrogance...there is...well I could list all of the stereotypes that are more than true...

Those of us in west of the Mississippi get "it", they don't.

It's played out many times here. UNI isn't really that far west (actually closer to the Atlantic than the Pacific 1100 miles to 1600 miles straight line) but we aren't part of the "good old boys club" that easterners like to talk about. They'd rather cling to their "historical match ups" than actually play good games.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 18th, 2014, 06:16 PM
There is no "novelty" to EC(b)ers. There is snobbery...there is arrogance...there is...well I could list all of the stereotypes that are more than true...

It's played out many times here. UNI isn't really that far west (actually closer to the Atlantic than the Pacific 1100 miles to 1600 miles straight line) but we aren't part of the "good old boys club" that easterners like to talk about. They'd rather cling to their "historical match ups" than actually play good games.

Maybe so, I wouldn't be big on people breaking up historical matchups either if the fans still want them. It isn't for me or you to say what they should find value in but once in a while it has worked out in the past for MT getting a couple of those games and hoping it can come around again. Not looking to take this in another direction as far as the relative merits of team A's and team B's schedules.

So I guess it ain't gonna happen and we'll leave it at that.

IBleedYellow
January 18th, 2014, 06:17 PM
NDSU got a home game with Incarnate World. Well...

IBleedYellow
January 18th, 2014, 06:20 PM

I'm starting to realize if you aren't in the good old boys club even IF you win they still won't want to play you.

kalm
January 18th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Maybe so, I wouldn't be big on people breaking up historical matchups either if the fans still want them. It isn't for me or you to say what they should find value in but once in a while it has worked out in the past for MT getting a couple of those games and hoping it can come around again. Not looking to take this in another direction as far as the relative merits of team A's and team B's schedules.

So I guess it ain't gonna happen and we'll leave it at that.

Hard to fault CAA and SoCon's for scheduling schools from weaker conferences. Given the grind of BSC travel and competitiveness, I'd want us to do the same if we had that many in our backyard.

Twentysix
January 18th, 2014, 07:05 PM
BSC and MVFC should strive to have 10 or 12 OOC games every 2 years, would be good for both conferences. These matchups could help smooth out some of the DII matchups.

Red & Black
January 18th, 2014, 10:02 PM
BSC and MVFC should strive to have 10 or 12 OOC games every 2 years, would be good for both conferences. These matchups could help smooth out some of the DII matchups.

Agreed.

Red & Black
January 18th, 2014, 10:04 PM

Truth. These types of home and home matchups will most likely be limited to Big Sky/Southland/MVFC...etc.

IBleedYellow
January 18th, 2014, 11:02 PM
I'd love to have a rotating H/H with some of the Big Sky and Southland teams. I guess I can't complain too much about Incarnate World...considering they are a Southland team!

BisonFan02
January 18th, 2014, 11:04 PM
Bus roadtrip to Lake Charles....adventure!

IBleedYellow
January 18th, 2014, 11:08 PM

Screw that. FLY BABY FLY! Hell I'd probably do Space A to get there since Keesler isn't that far away...

BisonFan02
January 18th, 2014, 11:09 PM
Screw that. FLY BABY FLY! Hell I'd probably do Space A to get there since Keesler isn't that far away...

Two words..... :D

IBleedYellow
January 18th, 2014, 11:10 PM
Two words..... :D

FRISCO CRUISER BUSSSSS. I hope you got the title to that bad boy!

Bisonoline
January 18th, 2014, 11:42 PM

Cajun food!!!!!! Im in!!!!

BisonFan02
January 18th, 2014, 11:44 PM
Cajun food!!!!!! Im in!!!!

You sure? Pretty long drive in the vehicle of choice xlolx

Bisonoline
January 18th, 2014, 11:47 PM
You sure? Pretty long drive in the vehicle of choice xlolx

I live in AR. I will meet you there.xthumbsupx

BisonFan02
January 18th, 2014, 11:50 PM
I live in AR. I will meet you there.xthumbsupx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It-IuKPJk0c

Screamin_Eagle174
January 19th, 2014, 12:17 AM
The first game isn't this upcoming season, it's in 2015, so NDSU's coaching staff will have been in place for a year-plus.

IBleedYellow
January 19th, 2014, 02:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It-IuKPJk0c

So...does this make me Harry or Lloyd?? xthumbsupx

BisonFan02
January 19th, 2014, 08:58 AM
So...does this make me Harry or Lloyd?? xthumbsupx

Mary Swanson? :D since you plan on flying haha

Twentysix
January 19th, 2014, 12:23 PM
I'd love to have a rotating H/H with some of the Big Sky and Southland teams. I guess I can't complain too much about Incarnate World...considering they are a Southland team!

UIW is a full DI win next year, too. Any idea when NDSU is going to announce it?

http://gobison.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=51&path=football

Only Montana and Iowa State show for 2014.