PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Disappointment/Surprise

89Hen
October 16th, 2006, 11:43 AM
Halfway through the year, which team has been your biggest disappointment and biggest surprise?

For me:

Biggest Disappointment - Idaho State: I really thought this was going to be a team to make some noise in the Big Sky this year. They've only played three I-AA games so far, but are 1-2 in those and I'd have to revise my prediction for them to finish 4-7 or 5-6 at best.

Biggest Surprise - North Dakota State: I thought they'd be good, but I figured they could be 4-2 at this point in the season. It really stinks that the NCAA probationary period is so darn long. :nonono2:

AppGuy04
October 16th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Disappointment: Western Carolina

Surprise: Tennessee Martin

Cap'n Cat
October 16th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Disappointment: SWAC

Surprise: NDSU

Pard4Life
October 16th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Disappointment: Lafayette, Colgate, Lehigh

Surprise: Eh, none really... Tenn-Martin?

Fordham
October 16th, 2006, 12:02 PM
perhaps not teams but conferences:

Disappointment: The Patriot League

Surprise: NEC

LeopardFan04
October 16th, 2006, 12:04 PM

You said it...:thumbsup:

Seven Would Be Nice
October 16th, 2006, 12:22 PM
dissapointment: GSU (expected tho)

surprises that ive seen first hand: elon and utc

AZGrizFan
October 16th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Halfway through the year, which team has been your biggest disappointment and biggest surprise?

For me:

Biggest Disappointment - Idaho State: I really thought this was going to be a team to make some noise in the Big Sky this year. They've only played three I-AA games so far, but are 1-2 in those and I'd have to revise my prediction for them to finish 4-7 or 5-6 at best.

Biggest Surprise - North Dakota State: I thought they'd be good, but I figured they could be 4-2 at this point in the season. It really stinks that the NCAA probationary period is so darn long. :nonono2:

Disappointment: BSC --- Folding like a cheap tent with the exception of MT
Surprise: NDSU --- I thought they'd be good. But not THIS good.

blur2005
October 16th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Biggest Disappointment: I'll say McNeese State so far, though admittedly no one really knew if their high ranking at the beginning of the year was really justified.

Biggest Surprise: For me, I'd actually say Maine. The Black Bears have played themselves into a situation where they could possible make a playoff run.

89Hen
October 16th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Biggest Surprise: For me, I'd actually say Maine. The Black Bears have played themselves into a situation where they could possible make a playoff run.
I considered them, but it will be tough to say until the end because they finish with UMass and UNH. They really should be 7-2 heading into those two. Not to take anything away from them, but they did have the luxury of missing JMU and Richmond from the South this year. UMass did also, but I'd like UMass' chances against those two a lot more than Maine's.

carney2
October 16th, 2006, 12:39 PM

I'm in total agreement with your disappointment.

My biggest "surprise" is the overall strength of the Ivy League. Harvard, IMO, is a legitimate top 10 national power.

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2006, 02:34 PM
dissapointment: GSU - New coach, new system, but this bad?

suprise: NDSU looks dominant.

EKU05
October 16th, 2006, 02:53 PM
I can't believe no one has mentioned EKU as the biggest disappointment. I do believe they were Matt Dougherty's pick for that dubious honor.

DetroitFlyer
October 16th, 2006, 03:06 PM
0-3 in the PFL currently, with consecutive losses to Butler, Morehead State and Jacksonville!:(

Ivytalk
October 16th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Disappointment: Delaware

Surprise: NDSU

SDFan
October 16th, 2006, 03:20 PM
I'm in total agreement with your disappointment.

My biggest "surprise" is the overall strength of the Ivy League. Harvard, IMO, is a legitimate top 10 national power.

I've seen some of Harvard's underclassmen who haven't played yet, and let me tell you, they are going to be good for a number of years to come.

FUwolfpacker
October 16th, 2006, 03:20 PM
I can't believe no one has mentioned EKU as the biggest disappointment. I do believe they were Matt Dougherty's pick for that dubious honor.

You posted too soon b/c I was about to put them in my list:)

Disappointment: EKU, Western Carolina
Surprise: UT Martin, NDSU, Maine

RabidRabbit
October 16th, 2006, 03:28 PM
:bawling: :bawling: McNeese St., Nichols St. :bawling: :bawling:

:thumbsup: So. Ill., Jackson St. :thumbsup:

MarkCCU
October 16th, 2006, 03:35 PM
My first sexual expierence for both.

wait you meant football game didn't you...ohhhhh snap

blackfordpu
October 16th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Disappointment - McNeese
Suprise - NDSU

GSUISBACK
October 16th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Disappointment: The Georgia Southern OC what a clown

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2006, 06:57 PM
maybe I should've said McNesse for disappointment. They looked horrid on Saturday against TxSt

catbob
October 16th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Surprise : USD

Dissapointment : USD

Cocky
October 16th, 2006, 07:53 PM
Disappointment: Jacksonville State this squad has been a great let down. Talent wise should be undefeated.

Surprise: San Diego, I didn't even know they had a team until this year.

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2006, 11:38 PM
Surprise: San Diego, I didn't even know they had a team until this year.

really?