PDA

View Full Version : Kim Dameron-Eastern Illinois Football Coach

PanthersBlue
January 10th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Will be formally announced Saturday at 11am.

This one seem to come out if left field, not sure what to think. Brings a ton of experience on the defensive side of the ball.

Welcome Coach Dameron and family to the EIU family.

FormerPokeCenter
January 10th, 2014, 01:47 PM
Kim Dameron is a GREAT coach....It'll be interesting to see if his talents as a top notch coordinator translate to success as a head coach...

eiupantherfan94
January 10th, 2014, 03:33 PM
I'm curious what the offense will be like now. We still have some talent at the receiver, tight end, and running back positions. It will be interesting to see who takes over at QB and whether or not Dameron will find an OC that sticks with the spread or goes for a more pro-style offense.

lionsrking2
January 10th, 2014, 05:16 PM
I'm curious what the offense will be like now. We still have some talent at the receiver, tight end, and running back positions. It will be interesting to see who takes over at QB and whether or not Dameron will find an OC that sticks with the spread or goes for a more pro-style offense.

Looks like you guys have hired our OC, Greg Stevens. He's a great guy and has a great feel for calling a game. He's flexible given talent on hand but tends to favor balance using a ton of personnel groupings and formations... You'll like him!

The Ville
January 10th, 2014, 06:46 PM
It seemed apparent that EIU's offense would slow slightly just from losing Garoppolo, but interesting to see them go with a defensive guy and not try to grab another OC known for the offensive style they're already set for. Not saying it will change now, but it sounds like Dameron is more defensive minded, better grab a solid OC... or I guess they have if that SLU guy if that's true

PanthersBlue
January 12th, 2014, 08:54 AM
Looks like you guys have hired our OC, Greg Stevens. He's a great guy and has a great feel for calling a game. He's flexible given talent on hand but tends to favor balance using a ton of personnel groupings and formations... You'll like him!

Yeah it looks like Stevens will be the new OC. Ken Womack an assistant at Ole Miss will be coming on as the DC. At yesterday's press conference Dameron spoke real highly of Stevens and his offensive mind. Dameron said the offense would no change in terms of tempo, he wants the same type of action that has been a part of the EIU offense the past couple of years. Of course some personnel will dictate this.

Also so sounds like one more assistant from Ole Miss is on the way as well, coach Nutt.

Skyhawk71
January 14th, 2014, 02:46 PM
Kane Wommack- DC at EIU; good luck to him; I saw his twitter pic with EIU in background, before I even knew that was going to happen- he spent a little time in Skyhawk land