PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Upset of the Week?

Ronbo
October 16th, 2006, 07:23 AM
Who is your upset of the week pick for 10/19/2006 - 10/21/2006?

I think Western Illinois is dangerous at home and could surprise Illinois State. Two close losses to YSU and S. Illinois the last two weeks.

AppGuy04
October 16th, 2006, 07:24 AM
As much as I hate to say it, Paulson is a graveyard for us

HENJOHN
October 16th, 2006, 07:47 AM
Delaware will stun Richmond in a close game as Omar Cuff and a few Defensive players finally return. (20-16)

th0m
October 16th, 2006, 08:11 AM
I hate to say it, but maybe JMU will still be on a high after their UNH win and get caught by a W&M team that is more than willing to play spoiler.

trusty
October 16th, 2006, 08:28 AM
As much as I hate to say it, Paulson is a graveyard for us

I would like to see a win. I just hope we can keep it close.

PaladinFan
October 16th, 2006, 08:41 AM
A win over App. would be a huge win for the Eagles and Brian Van Gorder. They may have enough athletes to do it.

I think GSU should go out all gangbusters on this one. Homecoming crowd and a chance to make a huge statement to the fans and alumni. Every game is a must-win for them.

Seven Would Be Nice
October 16th, 2006, 09:06 AM
It is at Paulson, it is homecoming... but I'm pretty sure everyones being realistic about this one... we are just hoping not to be stomped to hell.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 16th, 2006, 09:08 AM
Everybody has some good picks on here. It's getting to be that time in conference play when you just cross your fingers and hope your team shows up to play each week.

I just want our team to survive this year's Homecoming vs. the Tribe. Last year we got bit by the Spiders and our season was over. The Dukes can't have a hangover after the big win at UNH.

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2006, 09:09 AM
I'm not seeing the GSU win. I could see Delaware and WIU picking up wins.

spelunker64
October 16th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Bison over gophers

bandl
October 16th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Everybody has some good picks on here. It's getting to be that time in conference play when you just cross your fingers and hope your team shows up to play each week.

I just want our team to survive this year's Homecoming vs. the Tribe. Last year we got bit by the Spiders and our season was over. The Dukes can't have a hangover after the big win at UNH.

To extend on that...JMU NEEDS to punish W&M with a convincing win. W&M is having a down year, and I'm okay with that :p , but this game is very important for JMU because they have two huge games coming up in UD and UR. Not to look too far ahead, but JMU needs to use this game as a stepping stone for the upcoming weeks. Keep the momentum going from last weekend. :nod:

BillLuc1982
October 16th, 2006, 09:19 AM
App State rolls, but I see WIU upsetting Ill. State after two tough losses. NDSU over Minnesota is also possible if the Minnesota kicker keeps missing extra points.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 16th, 2006, 09:28 AM
To extend on that...JMU NEEDS to punish W&M with a convincing win. W&M is having a down year, and I'm okay with that :p , but this game is very important for JMU because they have two huge games coming up in UD and UR. Not to look too far ahead, but JMU needs to use this game as a stepping stone for the upcoming weeks. Keep the momentum going from last weekend. :nod:

Absolutely. The best thing about this team is that our O-line seems to be improving week by week. That is a HUGE sign of good things to come with the ultimate test coming against the front 4 of Richmond in 2 weeks.

Still, rivalries are rivalries. Throw out the records. So far, looks to be a sunny day in Harrisonburg for our homecoming and we'll likely have a record crowd I think, maybe 16,000 or so.

JMUfan2008
October 16th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Absolutely. The best thing about this team is that our O-line seems to be improving week by week. That is a HUGE sign of good things to come with the ultimate test coming against the front 4 of Richmond in 2 weeks.

Still, rivalries are rivalries. Throw out the records. So far, looks to be a sunny day in Harrisonburg for our homecoming and we'll likely have a record crowd I think, maybe 16,000 or so.

I can't help but look ahead to Richmond in 2 weeks, but I really hope we don't just forget about W&M. W&M isn't that good this year so if we play well we should be able to take them down pretty easily, especially with the home field advantage we'll have. Since 2004 we've had great turnouts, but after the show we put on at UNH I think the excitement for this game is going to be crazy considering its homecoming and against arguably our biggest rival. I just hope they're thirst for revenge after our last minute win on a FG last year (which was the craziest thing I've ever seen...I think the longest FG of Wantuck's career...ugliest kick I've ever seen...hit the back of the crossbar...glad I was there to see that) doesn't give them that extra boost to beat us. I really hope the weather holds, cause it's gonna be a great game!!

Spider
October 16th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Delaware will stun Richmond in a close game as Omar Cuff and a few Defensive players finally return. (20-16)
don't count on it..........

JMUfan2008
October 16th, 2006, 09:58 AM

I really hope they don't, it'll be much harder to beat a Richmond team on the rebound then Richmond coming off an easy win.

bandl
October 16th, 2006, 10:00 AM
I really hope they don't, it'll be much harder to beat a Richmond team on the rebound then Richmond coming off an easy win.

While you're at it...can UR make sure they put a hurting on Omar?? He gives JMU fits! :o

JMUfan2008
October 16th, 2006, 10:03 AM
While you're at it...can UR make sure they put a hurting on Omar?? He gives JMU fits! :o

hahaha seriously, even Cuff at 90% would be alright xlolx

Bison05
October 16th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Homer pick is NDSU over Minn. I could also see GSU over App. St. Rivalry games are always tough to predict.

Pard4Life
October 16th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Lafayette, Colgate, Lehigh all win their games... :rotateh: :(

JMU_MRD'03-'07
October 16th, 2006, 12:12 PM

At this point I'm less concerned with the teams we play and more concerned with the top 5 teams' (UMass, JMU, UNH, Richmond, Maine)conference records. The more upsets in the A10 the merrier by me! (with the exception being against my Dukes of course)

AZGrizFan
October 16th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Who is your upset of the week pick for 10/19/2006 - 10/21/2006?

I think Western Illinois is dangerous at home and could surprise Illinois State. Two close losses to YSU and S. Illinois the last two weeks.

They way the Griz offense is playing, I won't breathe easy until the final gun has sounded and we've escaped Ogden with a W. :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

birdsflyhigh
October 16th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Looks like quite a few posters are picking WIU to upset ISU. I would not be suprised if the Leathernecks pull it off, but in the offseason the Redbirds mulled over last season's WIU loss at home....the loss that knocked them OUT of the playoffs....ARGH!!!!!

I think the Birds are going to bring their "A" game to Macomb because they know what happened last year and gaining the victory will ABSOLUTELY put them in the Gateway driver's seat. WIU's defense has been a bit shaky this year, and ISU's offense is just now starting to click on all cylinders. Should be a heck of game!! :nod:

Slammer50111
October 16th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Drake over USD

DUPFLFan
October 16th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Drake over USD
:beerchug:

birdsflyhigh
October 16th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Gonna be rooting for the Bulldogs to upset USD because they are a fellow Valley member. xsmileyclapx

putter
October 16th, 2006, 01:23 PM
I think Minnesota is coming off an emotional game and is going, now we have to play this NSDU team? Bison surprise them.

elkmcc
October 16th, 2006, 01:45 PM
They way the Griz offense is playing, I won't breathe easy until the final gun has sounded and we've escaped Ogden with a W. :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Playing another consecutive team that has had 2 weeks to prepare for the Griz is undoubtedly a scary propositon to the coaches and players. Montana will need to play (and Coach) smart for this game.

Walkon79
October 16th, 2006, 01:47 PM

Could definitely be a trap game for the Griz, with CP and MSU coming up. Good luck Griz and Cats in the race to November 18th.

shakdaddy3
October 16th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Looks like quite a few posters are picking WIU to upset ISU. I would not be suprised if the Leathernecks pull it off, but in the offseason the Redbirds mulled over last season's WIU loss at home....the loss that knocked them OUT of the playoffs....ARGH!!!!!

I think the Birds are going to bring their "A" game to Macomb because they know what happened last year and gaining the victory will ABSOLUTELY put them in the Gateway driver's seat. WIU's defense has been a bit shaky this year, and ISU's offense is just now starting to click on all cylinders. Should be a heck of game!! :nod:
WHEN ISU wins, we will basically be in the playoffs thanks to the bye weeks of InSU and MSU xlolx

with that joke aside, we have to show up for every game and not take anything for granted! :twocents:

Purple Pride
October 16th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Televised

UCA Bears over SHSU Bearkats.:thumbsup:

HENJOHN
October 16th, 2006, 02:03 PM

Just voicing my hopeful opinion buddy.

asu70
October 16th, 2006, 04:38 PM
ASU is never just any team coming into Statesboro. These two teams hate each other and this game is always a hard hitting contest. No way does either team waltz into the others HOUSE without their A game and expect to win and this year will be no difference IMO. The all time series is a tie between these two programs and this years game will more than likely be just as close.

parr90
October 16th, 2006, 04:46 PM
ASU is never just any team coming into Statesboro. These two teams hate each other and this game is always a hard hitting contest. No way does either team waltz into the others HOUSE without their A game and expect to win and this year will be no difference IMO. The all time series is a tie between these two programs and this years game will more than likely be just as close.

You are correct but GSU has alot of new faces playing this year that have never played App before.

asu70
October 16th, 2006, 05:27 PM
You are correct but GSU has alot of new faces playing this year that have never played App before.
I hope those new faces keep the Eagles from getting the job done, but I respect the GSU program more than any other in 1AA and I know that they can put the upset on ASU. App's offense will have to be more focused and hang onto the ball better than they did against WC or the upset will be likely in Statesboro.

ISUMatt
October 16th, 2006, 05:50 PM
ISU lost to WIU last yr because we were down to our 3rd and 4th RBs...Our Defense is faster, our offense is better, and we are healthy...I dont think ISU loses to WIU this yr!

poly51
October 16th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Cal Poly better watch out for South Dakota State. With San Diego State, Montana, and North Dakota State all on the road to follow, they could be looking ahead.

birdsflyhigh
October 16th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Yes, when ISU's running game was shut down (due to injuries to our 2 top RBs), then WIU's defense contrated on Bird QB Luke (because we basically had to pass). Result: WIU gets the big upset.

Definitely agree with ISUMatt in his assesment of ISU's offense and defense....both improved over last year.

Now for that upset of the week pick...

I'm going with the unheralded Drake Bulldogs (playing at home) to pull the big upset over USD. :eyebrow:

Spider
October 17th, 2006, 09:18 AM
Delaware is never an 'easy win'; they have great players, coaches and a solid alumni following wherever they play. However they have had there share of injuries this year. I do think UR is a little stronger with a solid defense and will be tough at home. Nothing is ever a 'lock' in college football, where 'matchups and turnovers' are the key....

BillLuc1982
October 17th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Delaware is never an 'easy win'; they have great players, coaches and a solid alumni following wherever they play. However they have had there share of injuries this year. I do think UR is a little stronger with a solid defense and will be tough at home. Nothing is ever a 'lock' in college football, where 'matchups and turnovers' are the key....

Agreed, Delaware is a solid football program! Look what happened against UNH!

PantherRob82
October 17th, 2006, 09:25 AM
I'm going with the unheralded Drake Bulldogs (playing at home) to pull the big upset over USD. :eyebrow:

That would be a huge win for Drake AND AGS. xlolx