PDA

View Full Version : Bison finish with 17 votes in the AP Top 25 Poll

thebootfitter
January 7th, 2014, 04:14 AM
Link: http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/poll/1/week/1/seasontype/3

Yes, that's more votes than Texas Tech, Georgia, Iowa, Ole Miss, and Kansas State. (Not that I put a lot of stock in the reliability of the AP Top 25 Poll, but it's still kind of cool.)

caribbeanhen
January 7th, 2014, 05:25 PM
Now go play them, you've outgrown the FCS

thebootfitter
January 7th, 2014, 05:34 PM
I disagree. But regardless, a move up for NDSU is unlikely to happen anytime soon.

IBleedYellow
January 7th, 2014, 05:35 PM

How?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
January 7th, 2014, 05:53 PM
How?

Well lets see, you have a fan base that shows up, rare in FCS these days
You dominated the playoffs
You have a good track record vs FBS teams
You just Three peated
and all the good teams are moving up, do you wanna be stuck at the FCS level or be the next Boise State?

NoDak 4 Ever
January 7th, 2014, 05:57 PM
You just Three peated
and all the good teams are moving up, do you wanna be stuck at the FCS level or be the next Boise State?

You guys should all go back to DII. Just using your logic.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

centennial
January 7th, 2014, 06:13 PM
You just Three peated
Chances of us being the next boise state = 0. Maybe if ND decides to give each school(NDSU and UND) 10 million a year out of a billion surplus we could, beyond that we are stuck trying to dominate the FCS.

caribbeanhen
January 7th, 2014, 06:15 PM
Chances of us being the next boise state = 0. Maybe if ND decides to give each school(NDSU and UND) 10 million a year out of a billion surplus we could, beyond that we are stuck trying to dominate the FCS.

you guys just want to be the Captain regardless of the fact the ship hit the iceberg and is taking on water

centennial
January 7th, 2014, 06:20 PM
you guys just want to be the Captain regardless of the fact the ship hit the iceberg and is taking on water
As of now, our budget would be last place in MW, and bottom 3-4 in the MAC. We would need to spend a lot of money making a new dome or still a significant amount trying to increase capacity of the fargodome + no conference outside out maybe the Sun Belt (merica' conference) will even take us.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 7th, 2014, 06:31 PM
Why isn't Delaware moving up? They are larger and have had more championship appearances.

IBleedYellow
January 7th, 2014, 07:55 PM
My how question was more along the lines of who will invite us.

caribbeanhen
January 7th, 2014, 08:11 PM
Why isn't Delaware moving up? They are larger and have had more championship appearances.

lots of opinioins on Gohens.net about that, but basically from what I can gather it's just never been a priority of the admin types...... but most of the diehards seem to be leaning towards moving up

http://www.gohens.net/boards/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16496&start=45

NoDak 4 Ever
January 7th, 2014, 08:15 PM
lots of opinioins on Gohens.net about that, but basically from what I can gather it's just never been a priority of the admin types...... but most of the diehards seem to be leaning towards moving up

http://www.gohens.net/boards/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16496&start=45

I got it. Delaware can move up, then they don't have to compete with us anymore.

The FBS is an absurd exercise in futility. A team not in the top 5 conferences can never hope to compete.