PDA

View Full Version : Someone help!

ncbears
October 15th, 2006, 08:18 PM
Someone help me putting things in perspective for my beloved UNC Bears! I am trying to do this myself. I keep reminding myself that this is a transition. A transition from D2 to 1AA. A transition that does not put us with 63 scholarships until next season. I keep reminding myself that we have an entirely new coaching staff and it takes time for changes to come about. Kay Dalton (our former coach) obviously did not do a good job of recruiting, especially offensive and defensive linemen. Every game they get pushed and shoved around like they're a jr. high team. We have some decent skill position players, but it doesn't matter if you don't have a good line in front of you.
We've had way too many off the field problems. Everything from players stabbing their teammates, former players dying from cancer, coaches being suspended for extra practices, now we have a one of our starting defensive linemen getting suspended because he got in a fight with a hispinac man at a bar because "he doesn't like Mexicans" (actual words used in police report).
Right now we're emBEARasing our new conference with our play and actions off the field. Tell me their is hope! Light at the end of the tunnel? Am I off my rocker in thinking that things will get better? Next year we will have 63 scholarships and our younger guys will be more experienced. Am I off my rocker for having hope for the coming years?

October 15th, 2006, 08:22 PM
... Am I off my rocker for having hope for the coming years?KEEP HOPE ALIVE, the loser now will be later to win. Run the program right.

Russ B
October 15th, 2006, 08:27 PM
We've had way too many off the field problems. Everything from players stabbing their teammates, former players dying from cancer, coaches being suspended for extra practices, now we have a one of our starting defensive linemen getting suspended because he got in a fight with a hispinac man at a bar because "he doesn't like Mexicans" (actual words used in police report).

Doesn't seem to have ever hurt the Florida I-A schools...

xlolx

October 15th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Doesn't seem to have ever hurt the Florida I-A schools...
xlolxShhhhhhhhhhhhh don't call them I-A! xlolx People will think that you won't care if it happened in I-AA! :rolleyes:

HensRock
October 15th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Yeah, FIU has really made the "big time" now!

kats89
October 15th, 2006, 09:11 PM
Someone help me putting things in perspective for my beloved UNC Bears! I am trying to do this myself. I keep reminding myself that this is a transition. A transition from D2 to 1AA. A transition that does not put us with 63 scholarships until next season. I keep reminding myself that we have an entirely new coaching staff and it takes time for changes to come about. Kay Dalton (our former coach) obviously did not do a good job of recruiting, especially offensive and defensive linemen. Every game they get pushed and shoved around like they're a jr. high team. We have some decent skill position players, but it doesn't matter if you don't have a good line in front of you.
Right now we're emBEARasing our new conference with our play and actions off the field. Tell me their is hope! Light at the end of the tunnel? Am I off my rocker in thinking that things will get better? Next year we will have 63 scholarships and our younger guys will be more experienced. Am I off my rocker for having hope for the coming years?

KEEP THE FAITH, BROTHER, KEEP THE FAITH.xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx IF YOU ARE A TRUE FAN, YOU WILL STAND BY THE PROGRAM THRU THICK AND THEN.. HERE IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE QUOTES..

SUCCESS IS MEASURED BY HOW HIGH YOU BOUNCE AFTER YOU HAVE HIT ROCK BOTTOM

eagle1
October 15th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Keep the faith ncbears! I was at the game this weekend and was somewhat startled at how easily the Eags won but we have been gradually getting better week to week. The Bears never gave up and kept fighting until the end of the game. I think that the biggest issue affecting your team is the transition from the old coaching staff to the new one. I think that the previous coach ran the program into the ground and didn't leave much for the new coaching staff to work with. I was impressed with your one linebacker #8 (Matthews) he was the real deal. Offensively, you can tell that Andre Wilson is good but doesn't have anyone opening holes for him to run through. I am not that optimistic about your QB situation and think that you will probably need to recruit a QB for next year. I think that you guys will somewhat restore the tradition that you once had in D2 but it is going to take some time. Thanks for the hospitality in Greeley this past weekend and best of luck with the remainder of your season. Go Eagles!!!

LeopardFan04
October 15th, 2006, 11:28 PM
KEEP HOPE ALIVE, the loser now will be later to win. Run the program right.

Hmm...sounds familiar...The I-AA world according to Dylan?

LeopardFan04
October 15th, 2006, 11:31 PM
Someone help me putting things in perspective for my beloved UNC Bears!

You guys will be fine...hang in there...enjoy your team's successes...and better days will be ahead...Lafayette had some pretty low lows...including talk of abolishing the program, and serious talk of moving to D3...but we've made the playoffs the last 2 years...so hang in there...