PDA

View Full Version : NDSU coaching staff in place -- HC & DC both Waterloo, Iowa natives and UNI coaches

MplsBison
January 6th, 2014, 03:25 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/422820/group/Sports/

Klieman called on an old friend for the defensive coordinator position. Like Klieman, Matt Entz is a native of Waterloo, Iowa, who coached at Northern Iowa. He was the defensive coordinator last season at Western Illinois and will also coach the linebackers at NDSU.

UNI has given NDSU a dynasty and they keep on giving.

My hope is that NDSU will start pulling 3-4 talented high school players out of central Iowa each year, similar to the fantastic players we get out of Omaha and South Dakota each year to supplement the core of MN and WI players.

clenz
January 6th, 2014, 03:27 PM
What a maroon

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk

Twentysix
January 6th, 2014, 03:37 PM
What a maroon

He was a slave at UNI?

achrist70
January 6th, 2014, 05:24 PM
I can honestly say that Entz was the worst D-Coordinator to ever be at UNI

Klieman was probably the best though

Bisonator
January 6th, 2014, 05:29 PM

Be honest, Farley is the only DC UNI has had since he's been there.

clenz
January 6th, 2014, 05:49 PM

Agree completely.

Entz...was....yeah...

Be honest, Farley is the only DC UNI has had since he's been there.
Basically.

The DCs has control of the defense to the extent that Farley lets them.

centennial
January 6th, 2014, 05:49 PM

Entz is not our DC anyway.LB coach at NDSU.

Bisonator
January 6th, 2014, 06:45 PM
Entz is not our DC anyway.LB coach at NDSU.

Entz is going to be DC and LB coach.

Bisonwinagn
January 6th, 2014, 08:29 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if Klieman handles a lot of the DC responsibilities until Entz can transition in.

MplsBison
January 7th, 2014, 06:30 PM

Fair enough! Thanks for the input.

What do you think about NDSU recruiting more high school players out of Iowa with two Waterloo natives now? I would like to see it more, to supplement the MN and WI players that form the core.

Bisonoline
January 8th, 2014, 12:32 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if Klieman handles a lot of the DC responsibilities until Entz can transition in.

I would be very surprised if Klieman is over bearing in this regard. He was the supposed D CO-COrdinator with Farley which IMO is one of the reasons he left UNI.

Professor Chaos
January 8th, 2014, 09:48 AM
I would be very surprised if Klieman is over bearing in this regard. He was the supposed D CO-COrdinator with Farley which IMO is one of the reasons he left UNI.
Agreed, I think he's set on using the Bohl blueprint and allow his coordinators and assistants to do the majority of the direct coaching with input from the head coach filtering through them to the players.

MplsBison
January 8th, 2014, 12:31 PM
Ok, since UNI fans are obviously scared of the possibility: what say you Bison fans?

Do we want to see more Iowa high school players in NDSU uniforms? I surely would.

UNI has been hitting the twin cities and Wisconsin, two NDSU strongholds, now for at least a few years. Time to get them back!

Bisonator
January 8th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Ok, since UNI fans are obviously scared of the possibility: what say you Bison fans?

Do we want to see more Iowa high school players in NDSU uniforms? I surely would.

UNI has been hitting the twin cities and Wisconsin, two NDSU strongholds, now for at least a few years. Time to get them back!

NDSU will recruit who they want. If that's an Iowa kid so be it. I don't see NDSU losing too many kids they want. It's been that way for awhile. 2-4 kids from ND, SD, NE, 5-10 from MN and WI, and 2-4 from a few other states every year since I can remember. Seems to be working.

clenz
January 8th, 2014, 02:46 PM
UNI isn't "scared"of NDSU recruiting Iowa. Uni has 60-70 Iowa kids each year...while fighting with Iowa, Iowa State, USD, SDSU, ISUR, WYO, MWMOST, Mizzou, Illinois, WIU, Kansas, K-State, etc...

If it's a kid that UNI really wants the only place that UNI will lose them is Iowa or Iowa State

BisonBacker
January 8th, 2014, 02:48 PM
UNI isn't "scared"of NDSU recruiting Iowa. Uni has 60-70 Iowa kids each year...while fighting with Iowa, Iowa State, USD, SDSU, ISUR, WYO, MWMOST, Mizzou, Illinois, WIU, Kansas, K-State, etc...

If it's a kid that UNI really wants the only place that UNI will lose them is Iowa or Iowa State

You are kidding yourself if you really think that. I think you really know better you just want to believe that.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 8th, 2014, 02:54 PM
You are kidding yourself if you really think that. I think you really know better you just want to believe that.

This.

Your garage door isn't as special any more.

Bisonator
January 8th, 2014, 03:17 PM
This.

Your garage door isn't as special any more.

xlolx

Bisonoline
January 8th, 2014, 08:59 PM
Dont care where the kid comes from as long as he can play.

Time to get them back? What are you a child?

FargoBison
January 8th, 2014, 09:32 PM
Pretty sure UNI has been recruiting the Twin Cities long before NDSU ever joined DI.

clenz
January 8th, 2014, 10:02 PM
Pretty sure UNI has been recruiting the Twin Cities long before NDSU ever joined DI.

Well, there is this

Wilson16
January 9th, 2014, 12:24 AM

Seems to be working really well for Farley. Let him keep those kids he never loses to NDSU xblehxxblehx

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 9th, 2014, 07:16 AM
NDSU might pick up some more Iowa kids because that is where some of the coaches are from.

NDSU recruiting wont change. Midwest kids with a few from other parts of the country.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 9th, 2014, 08:15 AM
Hey clenz:

What is UNI getting from Iowa and Hawaii this year?

Doesn't Iowa usually pay something like 600-700K?

clenz
January 9th, 2014, 08:35 AM
Hey clenz:

What is UNI getting from Iowa and Hawaii this year?

Doesn't Iowa usually pay something like 600-700K?

I don't know what HI is paying, add I don't know that it's been disclosed, but I think it's about 400k BUT they are paying 100 percent of travel and lodging costs...so it's probably a "total"payout of close to a milli.

Iowa is 550k this year. Iowa usually will give UNI a couple hundred k less than anyone else. That could be because travel of a 90 minute bus ride direct cost much....but a couple years ago Iowa gave Arkansas State 1.2 mil the same season they gave UNI 500k...

Bisonwinagn
January 9th, 2014, 06:51 PM
I don't know what HI is paying, add I don't know that it's been disclosed, but I think it's about 400k BUT they are paying 100 percent of travel and lodging costs...so it's probably a "total"payout of close to a milli.

Iowa is 550k this year. Iowa usually will give UNI a couple hundred k less than anyone else. That could be because travel of a 90 minute bus ride direct cost much....but a couple years ago Iowa gave Arkansas State 1.2 mil the same season they gave UNI 500k...

FBS teams typically get almost double FCS teams so that seems reasonable.

MplsBison
January 11th, 2014, 02:27 PM

Because UNI will be able to offer more than a full scholarship?

It's already been true that a full scholarship offer to play at NDSU is worth more to a talented Iowa high school player than is a corresponding full scholarship offer to play at UNI.

Now we have two Waterloo boys to sell it and drive it home to these young men.

MplsBison
January 11th, 2014, 02:29 PM

A charter flight from Waterloo to Honolulu for 100 people (A319 or comparable), 50 double rooms at a reasonable hotel near the stadium, food and ground transportation is not worth half a million. Not even close.